• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Michael Cole interference will lead to nothing

chessarmy

Reaction score
I've seen all the predictions from several members of the IWC over the past few days, and while I hope many of them come true, I just can't see the WWE capitalizing on what happened Monday on RAW with Michael Cole and King. I've had people tell me that the Cole interference clinches a Jim Ross return, but I just can't see it happening. It's very easy to picture what WWE is going to do next week, King and Cole have a heated confrontation to start the show, King either lays out Cole or pwns him on the mic and life goes on...that's it.

Basically my point is, don't get your hopes up for a big payoff to this because I don't think there will be one. JR returning is out of the question imo, I heard idiot Kevin Dunn doesn't like the accent and Vince thinks he's too old.

Thoughts?

Axis

Reaction score
I will be disappointed if it is just dropped. Lawler is the absolute man and conveyed his emotion PERFECTLY when Cole interfered. It was just too real to ignore and forget about. Even just a 2- or 3-week mini-program, that could certainly involve a short JR stint like you suggested. I also would not mind if this slowly led to King being worked off of television, because he really just sucks with Michael Cole. I don't want to turn this into a "Who should be on commentary?" thread, but I think it goes along with the spirit of the thread to say that it wouldn't be beyond the scope of realism to put Cole, JR, and King on PPV commentary (with Cole also doing TV shows), with King and Cole being at odds, but not actively feuding.

CMS

Reaction score
Well, apparently, if you believe the rumors, Cole and Lawler both want JR back, at the very least for PPVs, since they dislike working with Matt Striker. I just don't see any of that happening. If JR is to come back, it is taking Jerry Lawler's spot. Michael Cole is not leaving Raw and nor he should. He's part of The Miz package and that should not be broken.

Reaction score
How about JR to Raw and Lawler to SmackDown to liven it up? It wouldn't feel as much like a JV show if Lawler were commentating I would imagine. Then Cole, JR, and Lawler could do PPVs and both brands would be represented.

chessarmy

Reaction score
Or you do the obvious thing, get rid of idiot Todd Grisham and put JR with Matt Striker, then go back to having two announce tables for PPVs.

There's such an easy solution for WWE's announcing woes yet they refuse to fix it, Cole can't do play by play on every fucking show.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
It's generally common knowledge at this point that the IWC hates faces and loves heels. Which causes heels to get babyface reactions, which causes them to turn face, and become instantly hated again. Before they eventually get released.

Uncle Saucey

Reaction score
I think Lawler should have piledrived him like the good ole' days then gave him an atomic wedgie. (for the kiddies) That would have warmed the cockles of my heart. I have no use for the mutt.

Airfixx

Reaction score
....I have no problem with Cole doing play by play for every show.

IMO, within the clusterfuck of the current commentary, there are no-longer clearly defined roles.... If anything, Stryker does more on the play-by-play front these days (whilst Cole goes all out with his new gimmick. You can also hear Punk covering Cole's ass in a similar fashion on the last episode of Raw.)...

If King or Cole have got issues with Striker then they're the fucking problem, not him. The amount of time he digs their ass out of a hole on PPV, or at least attempts to (feeding them lines, dragging the focus back on the match etc.), is not even funny.

Knox Beard said:
It's generally common knowledge at this point that the IWC hates faces and loves heels. Which causes heels to get babyface reactions, which causes them to turn face, and become instantly hated again. Before they eventually get released.

LOL... U know that!