Michael Bay Proclaims "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Will Be Aliens in Movie Reboot

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swinny

Reaction score
Michael Bay Proclaims ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ Will Be Aliens In Movie Reboot

It’s been known for quite some time now that Michael Bay has been working on bringing the classic ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ back to the big screen in a live action adaptation. But what wasn’t known was what his version of the reboot would entail.

At the 2012 Nickelodeon Upfront event at the Lincoln Center in New York, Bay spoke about the movie that was just given a Christmas Day, 2013 release date:

“When you see this movie, kids are going to believe one day that these turtles do exist, when we’re done with this movie. These turtles are from an alien race, and they’re going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable.â€

(Insert groan here) Yes, folks, you read correctly! He did say the turtles would be from an alien race (and if you still don’t believe me, we have video proof below!). So not only will the movie reboot the story of the pizza eating sewer-dwelling masked vigilantes, Bay has just announced that he will also alter their origin! How literal are we to take this news is unclear at the moment but if you recall, the TMNT’s traditional backstory was that they were ordinary turtles who were transformed after being exposed to toxic ooze. How this new origin will work to form the TMNT (or should it now be TANT for Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles) is now up to screenwriters Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec (‘Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol’, ‘Life on Mars’, ‘Alias’, ‘Samarai Girl’).

Bay will not be directing this film only producing it through his company Platinum Dunes. Directing credits will be going to Jonathan Liebesman who directed ‘Wrath of the Titans’, ‘Battle: Los Angeles,’ and ‘The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning.’

While the news of a reboot was a happy moment for fans, this new announcement is deserving of a cringe worthy Razzie award for the movie before it even comes out. Let’s hope Bay isn’t too set on the alien format and keeps the Turtles mutant as they were meant to be!

ScienceFiction.com

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Michael Bay can eat a bag of dicks...the turtles are mutants not fuckin aliens

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Hook

REDRUM
Reaction score
Re: Michael Bay Proclaims "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Will Be Aliens in Movie Reboo

Aliens, Turtles and Bay haha no chance im watch this crap.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Re: Michael Bay Proclaims "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Will Be Aliens in Movie Reboo

:facepalm2:

I have never had a problem with Michael Bay until now. Now he can fall in a bag of AIDS. Why he would change something like that is beyond me.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

:facepalm2:

I have never had a problem with Michael Bay until now. Now he can fall in a bag of AIDS. Why he would change something like that is beyond me.

Because he thinks his shit don' stink now that he has directed a money making Franchise like Transformers. What an ass goblin. Won't watch that ever.

The Stunner

Reaction score

Didn't realize it was Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles....lol, TANT

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

I will never watch it. I won't even watch it out of morbid curiosity.

CrimsonTide

Reaction score

WTF? The ooze is half the story

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

he is such a fuckin asshole

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

Why would the studio even allow him to do it?

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

cuz he can "do no wrong" BLECH

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Booker-T-wut-da-hayell.jpg

That's the best thing I can come up with for this honestly.

Swinny

Reaction score

Michael Bay Responds to Fans' Outrage Over Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Alien Announcement
UPDATED: The filmmaker tells fans to "chill" in the wake of anger over his statements at Nickelodeon upfronts.

Perhaps seizing on the notion that moviegoers are willing to pay hundreds of millions of dollars to see Michael Bay's films while maintaining a deep contempt for his storytelling process and heavy use of exploding computer graphics, the Internet was set ablaze Monday, with blogs and major media outlets slamming the filmmaker's announcement concerning the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and telling tales of fan outrage.

“When you see this movie, kids are going to believe, one day, that these turtles actually do exist when [we] are done with this movie," Bay said about his upcoming franchise reboot during a presentation at the Nickelodeon upfront. "These turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely lovable."

Outrage boiled over, leading Bay to issue a terse response on a website he often uses to make announcements.

"Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script," he wrote. "Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world."

It's going to take some heavy convincing, though, because outlets and select social media-using Turtle diehards were indignant the mere thought of altering the origin story of the pizza-loving, crime-fighting mutant turtles that were such a cultural phenomenon in the 1980s and early '90s. Outlets including Entertainment Weekly, Washington Post and the AV Club reported that, based on some tweets and Reddit threads, fans were in up in arms.

The Guardian went straight for the jugular, contrasting the implausibility of an alien origin with the well-accepted ooze-induced transformation.

"Making the turtles aliens would ruin everything – their desire to be accepted, their bizarre late-1980s street lingo, their fondness for pizza. Everything," the paper argued. "Are we really meant to believe that there's an alien race of giant turtles who just happen to all be named after renowned Renaissance artists from this planet, and speak English, and who came to Earth with a giant elderly rat who's presumably from the same race, just to live in sewers and loudly eschew anchovies at every opportunity? Hardly, Michael Bay. Hardly."

It's a national scandal, and Turtlegate got more ammunition when the man who voiced the orange masked, pizza-loving Michelangelo got involved.

"You probably don’t know me, but I did some voice work on the first set of movies that you are starting to talk about sodomizing," Robbie Rist wrote in a letter to Bay that he posted online (via TMZ). "I know believing in mutated talking turtles is kinda silly to begin with but am I supposed to be led to believe there are ninjas from another planet? The rape of our childhood memories continues."

Hollywood Reporter

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

how fuckin arrogant of him...telling fans to chill....why don't u eat a bag of dicks and make Bad Boys vs Transformers or some shit

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

Still won't watch it. There is no reason to bring in anything even remotely alien. Fuck you Micheal Bay, FUCK YOU!