Metallica

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
What else does everyone think about the best fucking metal band in history (to my opinion), these guys are the real shit in music, not like rap, hip hop and those love songs all the other people think is awesome, IT IS METALLICA WHO RULES MUSIC. James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich stating this band back in like the 80s and they are still strong today along with Robert Truljo and the legendary Kirk Hammet, not to mention the help they got from former members Jason Newsted and Cliff Burton (RIP). Here are a ton of their songs I enjoy, I'm not posting Links because its a ton of work, but you can easily search them up.
Originally named "Metal up yer Ass" this is the debut album that started it all, there are only 2 songs I really enjoy and listen to on this album, but none the less was amazing.
"Hit the Lights"
I prefer the live version over the recorded one because i'm used to James' older voice this was the original opener for Metallica songs back in the day and is still used today in some concerts. Sick opener too.
Album:
Live:

"Seek And Destroy"
Pure Awesome, once again, I prefer the live version, this is the normal closing song for every concert, its a really good old song that's still in style.
Album:
Live:

Now this album released back in 84 was a little more melodic than Kill Em All, it featured a few parts with high pitched vocals which is why I'm much of a fan of this album but I do have some songs I like on this as well.

"Ride the Lightning"
Now, when I meant high pitched vocals, this is what I was talking about, I don't listen to this song that much but it does have a good rhythm, if you are stupid, this is song about a guy being killed by an electric chair.
Album:
Live: (Fast Foward a little,The mic was suppose to cut off during the song, it was apart of filming for the movie)

"For Whom the Bell Tolls"
Nobody on this forum should be a stranger to this song, this is the song that Triple H came out to at WrestleMania 27, its very powerful and very bad ass. Especially, this performance back in the day with the legendary bassist Cliff Burton.
Album:
Live: (lol, James was drinking in the middle of this concert)

"Fade to Black"
Now this song reminds us that Death Metal isn't that bad for people who aren't fans of it, this makes my top 5 songs and was one of the most beautiful metal songs I've ever heard, in concert Hetfield usually did the Acoustic Rhythm Guitar part and his regular electric, then in 2011 he switched to a real acoustic guitar for the part like he always did for 1991's "The Unforgiven" which made the song sound a lot better than it did before
Album:
Live (Electric Guitar Version):
Live (Acoustic Guitar Version):

"Creeping Death"
Now this song also with a few high pitched vocals, but this was by far such a bad ass song, especially the part where the audience screams "DIE!!"
Album:
Live:

If you want to talk real shit done by this band and what made them so successful, you're looking for Master of Puppets, the '86 album that dragged Metallica on the map. It's got a few insane hits, I don't listen to much on the album but I got some songs which I rock out to.

"Battery"
Talking about openers to the album, this by far was crazy, the live version however cuts a part of the solo out, it's unclear why but the song is still amazing.
Album:
Live (From 2012):
Live (From 1989):

"Master of Puppets"
OBEY YOUR MASTER, this is one of the top songs ever done by Metallica and nails my top 5 hits, this phenomenal song about a puppet master was one of the songs that got Metallica straight onto the map.
Album:
Live (From 2010):
Live (From 1989): (This is possibly the most craziest thing on youtube)

"Welcome Home (Sanitarium)"
I haven't listen to this one as much but I do like it.
Album:
Live:

"Orion"
Now in there day Metallica has done a number of instrumentals, this is one of the classics, its pretty neat. This is also a tribute to Cliff Burton, who wrote the song.
Album:
Live:

This album from '88 featured a few nice songs itself, 3 of which I believe were pure awesome. This also was the first album featuring the new bassist, Jason Newsted, who took the place of the deceased Cliff Burton, who was killed in a bus accident.

"Blackened"
Another major opener for the band, just like "Battery" though they did cut out part of the solo in the live version, but its still very sick and by far makes one of my top 5 songs. Blackened in the air!!!
Album:
Live:

"...And Justice for All"
Talking about long songs the band wrote, try this 9 minute one, its really sick in some parts, in the live versions where Metallica was recording for their newly released movie they had a statue that was rigged to collapse around the last chorus of the song, it was really epic.
Album:
Live:

"One"
Discussing some of the great songs done and the ones in my top 5, this is my number one song. Its about a solider who took in a land mine and lived, but now his life is nothing more but silent darkness and now he just wants to die and end his suffering. In live versions though, this song is performed really badly... rock am ring 2012 and Vodoo Music 2012 to name a few of the bad ones, BUT, earlier in 2009 in a coliseum in Nimes, France, the impossible happened and the band nails a SSSIIICCCKKK performance of it that you have to witness.
Album:
Live (from 1989):
Live (from 2009):

2 words... HOLY SHIT, after the success of the previous 4 albums the in '91 the band released what I believe is there best album in history, now the name of the album is actually "Metallica" (Self titled after the band) But many refer to it as "The Black Album"

"Enter Sandman"
No classic ECW is a stranger to this song, this is song you sang in the old venues where The Sandman banged a kendo stick on his head, drunk a beer and made his way through the crowd , this song is totally in my top 5 and one of the greatest songs ever written by Metallica, this is another usual ending song for concerts (usually for the main sets of the concert before the Encore set) which is weird because this song is the album opener. In concert Metallica was known for the famous "Stage Accident" Scenario where at the end of the song they rigged the stage to malfunction, it was a risky maneuver by the band but fun to watch.
Album:
Live (From 2012):
Live (From 1991):
Live (With "Stage Accident" Ending):

"Sad But True"
Continuing to songs with catchy rhythms, one of them would be this song right here, basically all I can say is that its a good song and nice to listen to.
Album:
Live:

"The Unforgiven"
When I started listening to this band, followed by "Enter Sandman" this was the second song I listened to, James plays both Acoustic and electric guitar throughout the live performance, switching on and off in between instruments just like "Fade to Black" after 2011. This song would actually have 2 sequels to it in the future however this would come out on top as the best one.
Album:
Live:

"Wherever I May Roam"
This song featured a large variety of percussion instruments to it, this sounds kinda like a metal song somewhere in the desert with the instruments used, I find this song really unique.
Album:
Live:

"Don't Tread on Me"
Metallica has released some good hit that were only 4 minutes long, one of them being "Don't Tread on Me" this song discusses the stuff Zeb Colter talks about on Raw and Smackdown.
Album:
Live:

"Through the Never"
I just started listening to this one so I can't comment much on it, but it is a good song. The funny thing is this the name of the new movie on the band that just came out and the song isn't even featured.
Album:
Live:

"Nothing Else Matters"
Now metal isn't known for slow songs but, this masterpiece done by Lars and James was down right awesome, it is slow but very beautiful and recognizes once again how awesome metal can be sometime, I absolutely love it
Album:
Live:

What comes with a bands uprise comes their downfall, 5 years after the success of The Black Album, Metallica started to change their image by direction of their record label, Bob Rock. The band began trying out modern rock and southern, which by far was a terrible idea (In most parts, which we will see some good of it in "Reload".) There was only one good song in this album I enjoyed, even though the other songs people say that were good like "Bleeding Me" and "Thorn Within", they don't rock my soul.

"Ain't my Bitch"
The album opener I believe was the only decent song in this album, good beat, good live performance, good everything, all there is to it.
Album:
Live:

Metallica then tried to come back to greatness with another album a year later, it still featured the same type of music "Load" delievered but actually did featured at least 3 hits I enjoyed.

"Fuel"
Another rare metal hit done by the band in '97, a song from the Load Era still done in concerts today. Really good song that people can enjoy off this album.
Album:
Live:

"Memory Remains"
Sounds familiar? This is the theme song that was specifically for the "End of an Era" Match between Triple H and Undertaker at WrestleMania 28, a really good steady song that fans of this generation of metallica music and past can enjoy together.
Album:
Live:

"The Unforgiven II"
Bringing up Southern styled rock songs and Metallica's new image, this song actually brought some wellness to Bob Rock's idea, this is the sequel to The Black Album's "The Unforgiven" as you can here the similarities with some of the lyrics, the opening horn to the song and some parts on the guitar. I for one thought it was actually a decent hit, wasn't metal, but was a good song. The only live performance of this done was a the Billboard Awards in 1997, as you can tell by the band's look is what image they were going for in the late 90s
Album:
Live:

Made you look! Nothing was good on this album. After the some of the poor ratings of "Load" and "Reload", Bob Rock tried to go back to how the band was before '96, trying to bring back Metal songs with rage, however, Jason Newsted, the band's bassist, left halfway through the making of the album, then being replaced by Robert Truljo, and James Hetfield went to rehab for substance abuse, what caused the absence of guitar solos from this album. "St.Anger" was an absolute fail, but, what came 5 years later shocked everyone who thought it was the end for Metallica...

THEY'RE BAAAAAAACCCKK!!! Metallica officially regained redemption in the new 2008 album "Death Magnetic" after the failure of "St.Anger" The band officially dropped Bob Rock as there label and began working with Rick Rubin, who brought back a ton of Metallica's old ideas tot he front, with the return of guitar solos and sick metal shit.

"That Was Just Your Life"
Next to "Battery" and "Blackened", "That Was Just Your Life" joins the elite openings for an album. Now the song isn't as great in the live performance, however, when it's done with Laser Lights in the dark, it comes out a really sick performance. This song hasn't been performed by them in while for they are focusing a little more back on the old songs from the 80s and '91. But I believe this will be performed live again one day.
Album:
Live:

"The End of The Line"
This song I listen too a lot when I work out, another powerful song full of rhythm and crazy shit, it just gets me going. Also like "That Was Just Your Life" not really that good live.
Album:
Live:

"The Day That Never Comes"
This song kind of relates to "One", slow opening with a fast wicked ending, love it, very crazy solos too. And in concert, THEY NAIL IT.
Album:
Live:

"Cyanide"
Holy shit, another big wonder by Metallica this song was close to my top 5 but "Fade to Black" beat it, this would be my number 6 though, some sick shit done by Ulrich in this song on drums with the beat and despite the recent decease of some of the new hits live, this song is still done in concerts today usually.
Album:
Live:

"The Unforgiven III"
Another really good piece, this was the first song on the album I listened to and I loved it, nice piano and a whole new beat to it, a fabulous successor to the other 2 ones before, this song didn't really rock in concert though, it was appeared to be performance only a few times live, but it was decent
Album:
Live:

This EP was released in 2011 featuring 4 songs that couldn't fit on "Death Magnetic", I've only listened to one of them and I think it's cool, i'm still trying to get to the others.

"Hate Train"
I'm surprised this song didn't make the cut, It was good, the guitars and drums made it sounds like a metal song on a train, it must of been the slow part though which denied it form being on the main album.
Album:
Live:

So what does everyone think of the band
(It took me 2 hours to make this thread, damn...)

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Metallica's early stuff is fantastic, and definitely some of the best Heavy Metal ever made. Pure class. I still love the first 5 albums, Ride The Lightning especially, one of the first albums that got me into this music. Their later stuff is really hit and miss (mostly miss imo) and I don't care for their money hungry ways, but I'll always have some sort of respect for them.

Also, greatest band ever? :nope:

Sorry but I will always plug in some Mercyful Fate/King Diamond :jeritroll:

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
Is Metallica good? Yes...their early stuff is at least. Would I consider them the greatest band of all time? HELL TO DA NO! The Beatles,Rolling Stones,Queen,Nirvana,Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynrd,Pink Floyd, and The Who would probably be a head of them in that list.

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
Best band ever? No. But, I think they are quite underrated when it comes to a list of best metal music of all time. Mettalica is a group who's music really connects, meaning it's not about their individual music talents, which I quite enjoy about them. My dad was actually the first person to buy Kill 'Em All in New York. I still have the album.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
I've been a Metallica fan since I was a wee dude of metal. I've seen them twice in concert, most recently on the Death Magnetic tour. They're now Hall of Famers, and still going strong. When Load came out, I remember being all pissed. It's funny to think about now. THEY SOLD OUT MANNN, THEY CUT THEIR HAIR!! lol I don't give a shit about their hair now. I really enjoy Load and some of Reload now. They showed range, and had the balls to change their sound and not get trapped in a box. St Anger was a SNAFU, but Death Magnetic was a true return to form.

I fucking love that album. All Nightmare Long is one of the most ass-kicking Metallica tunes of all time.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Oh and if it weren't for Metallica, I would never have discovered King Diamond!!

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
About to add some more songs, DM's Broken, Beat and Scarred, and... well I was wrong, Load's Bleeding Me kicks ass, so I'll be adding that too....... if.... i was allowed to edit, damn the forum rules

Last edited: