Metal, of the Heavy Variety

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score

Been getting more into Anaal Nathrakh. Kind of a black metal and grindcore fusion. A lot of people aren't huge fans of the screams, but I think they kind of help make things unnerving at times, really cool. Badass song names and lyrics too.

I've only heard of this band but not their music. Pretty unique stuff for sure. I actually like the vocals, I'm a sucker for crazy and weird vocals, can add a lot to the music.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Another killer Finnish DM band that's pretty underrated.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Another killer Finnish DM band that's pretty underrated.

Wow, man. It's bands like those that make me wish I weren't completely inept at drawing. I see the world in the end times, burning, with all life dying when I hear that song. I have a picture in my head but I can't put it to paper or anything.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Wow, man. It's bands like those that make me wish I weren't completely inept at drawing. I see the world in the end times, burning, with all life dying when I hear that song. I have a picture in my head but I can't put it to paper or anything.

I know the feeling. I can't draw worth a shit. I'm decent at writing though, but I never do so :harvey: .

Btw, since you're enjoying these bands then you should check out Dark Descent Records, they release mostly Death Metal. They can be hit and miss with their releases but the ones that hit are fucking great!
Lantern, Desolate Shrine, Swallowed, Blood Incantation.

Dark Descent Records

Reactions: Black Wizard

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
One of my favorite DM bands ever. Mortem. Been around since the 80's and they still sound as killer as they did then. Love that they stick to their old school Slayer/Possessed/Morbid Angel influenced sound.

Reactions: Black Wizard

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Vader fan? I enjoy most of their albums.

!!!

I like that they went back t their more primitive sound on this album.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I know the feeling. I can't draw worth a shit. I'm decent at writing though, but I never do so :harvey: .

Btw, since you're enjoying these bands then you should check out Dark Descent Records, they release mostly Death Metal. They can be hit and miss with their releases but the ones that hit are fucking great!
Lantern, Desolate Shrine, Swallowed, Blood Incantation.

Dark Descent Records
Definitely gonna check them out, always like just going through the list of bands on a label. I know Blood Incantation, they're awesome.

One of my favorite DM bands ever. Mortem. Been around since the 80's and they still sound as killer as they did then. Love that they stick to their old school Slayer/Possessed/Morbid Angel influenced sound.

Good stuff. I knew of Mortem but hadn't listened to much of them.

Vader fan? I enjoy most of their albums.

!!!

I like that they went back t their more primitive sound on this album.

Love Vader, everything they've ever done. Actually got into them through their cover of Raining Blood, liked it so much I wanted to see what their original stuff sounded like.

Reactions: Swift

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

I remember doing a double take the first time I ever heard this song. Was not expecting to hear George Fisher doing vocals in a melodic death metal band, but those vocals are instantly recognizable. Actually like this band a lot. Awesome lyrics in this one too.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score

I remember doing a double take the first time I ever heard this song. Was not expecting to hear George Fisher doing vocals in a melodic death metal band, but those vocals are instantly recognizable. Actually like this band a lot. Awesome lyrics in this one too.

Should link this to Dylan some time, haha. So easy to make out what he's saying.

Very nice album artwork too btw.

Last edited:

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
@Shadow
Check out these bands and albums, dude.

MEGADETH - First four albums.

D.R.I. - First three albums.

SODOM - Persecution Mania & Agent Orange are probably the best for what you're looking for, but all their albums are solid.

DESTRUCTION - First four albums + The Antichrist

KREATOR - First five albums

SADUS - First three albums

DARK ANGEL - All albums are good

DEMOLITION HAMMER - First two albums.

SACRIFICE (CAN) - All albums are good.

OVERKILL - First four albums + Ironbound. Most of this band's stuff is good though.

NUCLEAR ASSAULT - First three albums.

FORBIDDEN - First two albums.

That's all I got for now. Hopefully you'll like a band or two. I'll probably add more shit later but I need to pass out. I'm sure Black Wizard will add some bands whenever she wakes up. Maybe @PJ Ibarazaki can recommend some stuff too, he's big on thrash.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogue

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
@Shadow
After seeing deth's post, he covered a lot of the classic bands I was going to cover in my post, so what I'm going to do is go with some more modern thrash bands. There has been a thrash revival going on for the past 6-7 years, and tons of good bands are coming out of it that are keeping the spirit alive.

Austrian Death Machine - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives - Not entirely serious band about Arnold Schwarzenegger, but the music is incredibly solid.

Deathraiser - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives - Very awesome band with an old school sound, have only released one full length

Dr. Living Dead! - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives - If you like Suicidal Tendencies and Anthrax you'll probably love these guys, good crossover

Evile - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives - Evile pretty much worships all of the best parts of the Big 4, along with a lot of Testament influence.

Gama Bomb - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives - Pure old school thrash in the modern age, good stuff

Havok - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives - Another Big 4 worship band with some definite Exodus influence in there as well

Lazarus A.D. - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives - I love Lazarus A.D. since they're straight up late 90s Testament worship, awesome stuff.

Lich King - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives - Probably my favorite band of the thrash revival

Municipal Waste - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives - Hard to go wrong with Municipal Waste if you're looking for crossover

Nuclear Assault - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives - The only classic band on the list, but they're too good to not include

Vektor - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives - I don't know how to describe Vektor other than... holy shit. Technical and progressive as fuck but still very thrashy. Some Death influence as well

Warbeast - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives - These guys are pretty much a higher production quality version of a lot of old thrash bands with a few progressive moments. Pretty good sound to them though

I'm sure PJ could fill in some blanks when it comes to modern thrash that I've missed.