Metal, of the Heavy Variety

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Hell yeah. At The Gates was awesome. Didn't they release an album recently? I've not checked it out but I remember hearing they were going to release something new. I was out of the metal loop for a little while haha .
They did actually, in 2014. It was pretty good.

There's not been too many Metal threads here I don't think. Nor too many Metal fans for that matter. This dude @Kuolema from Finland was one of the few, he was really into black metal and old school stuff, we took over the thread I made years ago (much like you and I have here lol). We both stopped coming around for a while though, haven't seen him in a long time.
Old school stuff and black metal? Fuck, dude would fit right in.

Smoked a bowl and dozed off into outerspace listening to this album a few hours ago.

Really nice doom.

I'm like a minute into the first song and already think it's great, lol.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
That At The Gates song is pretty good! Cool riffs.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Dude, holy fuck . I haven't listened to Samael in more than a year. Without a doubt one of the greatest black metal bands ever. Underrated as hell too, tbh.

One of my favorite albums ever. <3

These are great too.

They started releasing Black Metal/Industrial stuff after Ceremony Of The Opposites (though Ceremony already has a bit of an Industrial vibe), you might like those albums as well.

You don't have to listen to all of these at once lol. But you should definitely give these guys a listen, maybe just skim through some parts of the albums (track lists are usually in videos' description). I think you'll definitely enjoy some, if not most of their material.

If you're already familiar with them then LOL at this entire post. I'm kind of a fanboy.

Reactions: Black Wizard

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Dude, holy fuck . I haven't listened to Samael in more than a year. Without a doubt one of the greatest black metal bands ever. Underrated as hell too, tbh.

One of my favorite albums ever. <3

These are great too.

They started releasing Black Metal/Industrial stuff after Ceremony Of The Opposites (though Ceremony already has a bit of an Industrial vibe), you might like those albums as well.

You don't have to listen to all of these at once lol. But you should definitely give these guys a listen, maybe just skim through some parts of the albums (track lists are usually in videos' description). I think you'll definitely enjoy some, if not most of their material.

If you're already familiar with them then LOL at this entire post. I'm kind of a fanboy.

I was familiar with them, but I hadn't actually heard their old black metal stuff prior to Passage. I found them through their industrial stuff but knowing they started out with just black metal is even cooler.

Reactions: Swift

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Their classic stuff is up there with Darkthrone, Mayhem, Emperor, etc. for me.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Been listening to this -

My kind of Death Metal.

That's pretty damn good. The ability to weave in atmospheric vibes without it being overbearing is nice.

I've been listening to this band since I found them today. People say they ripped off old Mastodon, but I look at it as continuing where Mastodon left off.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not too familiar with Mastodon, but that sounds a lot darker and heavier than the Mastodon I have listened to. Though, I do see similarities especially when the "clean" vocals kick in.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
New Mastodon is darker but not as heavy. Those guys are basically combining the heaviness of Mastodon's albums like Blood Mountain and Leviathan and the dark overtones of The Hunter.

Also this is great stuff, they only have a demo and an EP out but I'm looking forward to more.

Reactions: Swift