Metal, of the Heavy Variety

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Haha I passed out for a bit too.

Maximum The Hormone kind of reminds me of Static X. Maybe that's just me.

Reactions: Black Wizard

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Haha I passed out for a bit too.

Maximum The Hormone kind of reminds me of Static X. Maybe that's just me.
Yeah I can see the similarities. I'm really into Static X, love everything they did except for two albums in the early 2000s but they came back with their last two. Wayne Static's solo album was great too, really bummed out that he's dead.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I can see the similarities. I'm really into Static X, love everything they did except for two albums in the early 2000s but they came back with their last two. Wayne Static's solo album was great too, really bummed out that he's dead.

I haven't listened to them in a LONG TIME, but I do remember enjoying at least one of their albums. They're definitely not bad like most "nu metal".

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I haven't listened to them in a LONG TIME, but I do remember enjoying at least one of their albums. They're definitely not bad like most "nu metal".
I went for a few years without listening to them until the night I found out Wayne Static died, then I listened to the Wisconsin Death Trip and Machine albums back to back, and remembered how much I loved them. They had a lot of industrial influence which ended up setting them apart from all of the other nu-metal bands out there.

Easily one of my favorite songs from any band

Reactions: Swift

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I went for a few years without listening to them until the night I found out Wayne Static died, then I listened to the Wisconsin Death Trip and Machine albums back to back, and remembered how much I loved them. They had a lot of industrial influence which ended up setting them apart from all of the other nu-metal bands out there.

Easily one of my favorite songs from any band

Woah, didn't even know he died. Yup, the Industrial influence is what I liked as well.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Pardon the intrusion into your sanctum over here, but besides lurking around these unholy grounds, where dost thou discover new music?

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Pardon the intrusion into your sanctum over here, but besides lurking around these unholy grounds, where dost thou discover new music?
All are welcome.

Honestly I just bounce around recommended videos on YouTube a lot. I'll go to a video of a song that I know I like, and if I don't recognize something I'll go and check it out. I used to use Last.fm a lot too which if you set up a profile and a library it will recommend you artists based on what you listen to.

Reactions: Swift and Snowman1

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
You can probably also follow some websites like MetalSucks, Blabbermouth, Metal Underground. Just stay away from the comment section lol. There's plenty of forums and blogs as well.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
We were talking about Testament the other day and I heard this rerecording for the first time in forever. So good because I actually prefer the late 90s and on Testament sound, plus as someone who wants to get back into playing bass, that intro = <3 <3 <3

Reactions: Swift