• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mercedes Mone reportedly agrees to extenstion with NJPW/Bushiroad

Chris

Dreams are Endless
njpw-mercedes-mone.jpg

Mercedes Mone and Bushiroad have agreed to an extension on her current NJPW/Stardom contract, according to Dave Meltzer.

The news comes hours before she is set to defend her IWGP Women's title against Mayu Iwatani at Stardom All Star Grand Queendom later tonight.

Meltzer is also reporting that it's believed Mone's next match will be on an event in the U.S. He did not indicate the length of the extension.

There has been some question as to Mone's contract status as Bushiroad previously confirmed her deal was to expire after tonight's event. However, Mone had said in an interview that wasn't the case, perhaps alluding to the fact a deal had already been done. In an interview this week, she said Japan was becoming her second home and that she was "committed to staying here to make history."

Mone, the former Sasha Banks in WWE, debuted at January's Wrestle Kingdom 17 and confronted then-champion KAIRI. She followed that up by defeating KAIRI for the title at February's Battle in the Valley.

A disguised Mone made a surprise debut appearance in Stardom last Saturday, attacking Iwatani.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
  • Stardom/Mercedes are open to more business, but it would need to be a bigger deal after how huge she was for them
  • the current extension only covers the NJPW US show next month
  • No matches scheduled in Japan for “a while” according to New Japan sources
  • Only positive things about her attitude backstage from NJPW and Stardom

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
I've been a fan of Joshi Wrestling for 7 Years and counting and when Mercedes came in I wondered if she would be able to keep up with the style vs in WWE. She made me a believer and the lady has had multiple Match of the Year quality Matches off the jump people better put more respect on her name. I hope she work with Stardom further clearly she loves the vibe with the Company and the people in charge are loving what she brought to the table so far.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I hope she sticks around too HoHo. Id love to see her in AEW some day but she's clearly having the time of her life. I want to see her against Guila and a few others still