Men vs. women

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do you believe men should wrestle women as a full-time part of wrestling?

• Yes; it would spice things up nicely.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No; it wouldn't be right.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • On occasion; let it be something different to make a change.

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

PaulDB

Reaction score
Back in 2000, WWE had Val Venís fight Chyna for the IC title in an attempt to introduce the concept of intergender competition. It didn't last too long and over the years they tried again with a number of people, but the idea wasn't adopted as a full time practice.

My question to you is: should we have regular matches between men and women as a full time attraction. If not, why?

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Occasionally is nice. It’s not always needed. For example, the pop that Orton got for RKOing Nia Jax fatass in the royal rumble was amazing. How she was viewed as a real threat and was kicking ass and orton has no choice but to just RKO her and then they teamed up to eliminate her, brilliant.

Last edited:

PaulDB

Reaction score
I believe in equal opportunities. I've never felt comfortable with men reaping all the rewards by always besting members of their own gender and women only taking on their own, too. I vote in favour of intergender competition because the human being isn't just about the man, it's about the woman to.

What they should do is create a new division for men and women to fight each other, while maintaining the men and women's division. This would allow male and female wrestlers to both compete against their own gender and the opposite, in a balanced number or matches per year. I'm sure that could be organized.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
There isn't a reason to have intergender matches, which is why almost no promotion does them. What does a man get out of beating a woman, unless they're some amazon, at which point you get a Chyna, Awesome Kong type of character which is an outlier and I suppose isn't really a big deal if they get involved. At the same time, a woman beating a man would probably have the same effect that a big star beating a jobber would have, where it would mean nothing since the credibility of the dude would be diminished to the point of him being a non-factor. There just isn't a rational business/booking reason for intergender matches that aren't special attractions.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
There isn't a point to intergender matches. Jacqueline Moore defeated Jamie Dundee and became the first woman ranked in Pro Wrestling Illustrated's top 500 in the 1990's. Alundra Blayze wanted to wrestle a man while she was the Women's champ because the competition in her division was barren but no male wrestler wanted to take her on. If she wins, she's a trailblazer for women's sports. But if the man wins, he was supposed to win 'cause he's a guy. He gets nothing in pinning a woman's shoulders to the mat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Great memories here: my brother and I played a PlayStation Smackdown game. We made a match, 2-1 handicap, Taker + Kane vs Cat, falls anywhere.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I don't think I'd particularly care if it became a full-time thing with it's own dedicated division, but I think it's better if it's on occasion, or when the story calls for it. If it's normalized, it's normalized. It's more effective if it's only done on occasion.

And I'll throw out, I'm still upset we never got Asuka vs. Daniel Bryan, not that I thought we ever would but that match would've been awesome and I can't be convinced otherwise.

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
Reaction score
I’m only interested depending on the female. Chyna taking on the men was exciting to me because her size rivalled theirs and it is believable when a woman of that size and strength competes against the men. I think right now, Ripley is the only one that could face a man and make the fight believable, whether she wins or loses. Charlotte, maybe. Jax, sure, but, it would be a dumb match, like most of hers, because she can’t really wrestle and is slower moving cuz of her size. Other than that, it would most likely be ridiculous booking that no one would buy as it would appear so mismatched.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I like intergender in Lucha Underground but that was a different beast. The whole thing was played more like a TV than a sport. So it worked and didn't bother me.

I have no problem with intergender matches. But I don't want to see Lana vs Brock Lesnar or anything like that. Awesome Kong is the type who I would have no problem watching her go up against any guy in the business.

In all honesty, though, it's not something I think about that often. But if and when they do it, get people around the same size.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
I think WWE missed a great oppertunity with Becky Lynch VS John Cena (When Becky was super over)

That could have been an awesome match, hell it was even teased, and they should have done it. But sadly they didnt, and i think them not doing it was a mistake.

Reactions: PaulDB

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I think it was teased merely for the pop. I doubt it was ever in the works nor do I think it should've happened.

JohnMena

Reaction score
I remember watching Chavo Guerrero v Jacqueline for the cruiserweight championship which was awful but that doesn't mean all men v women matches could be bad. I think intergender tag team matches work well though.

Reactions: PaulDB

PaulDB

Reaction score
I think WWE missed a great oppertunity with Becky Lynch VS John Cena (When Becky was super over)

That could have been an awesome match, hell it was even teased, and they should have done it. But sadly they didnt, and i think them not doing it was a mistake.

Yeah, a match between them would've been awesome. We need to despell the myth that a man fighting a woman would be like a 20 year old fighting a 10 year old. We need to eliminate the risk of women getting hurt, I'm not blind to that. Francine did have her pelvis broken by Bam Bam Bigelow, but that was an accident and he did apologize for it. Since then less women have gotten hurt by men. I for one believe we can safely prevent men harming women again.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald