MELTDOWN XXVI: 'HOMECOMING: NYC' || RESULTS

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
J05NVxh.png

XXVI: “HOMECOMING: NYC.”
Live from the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City, New York, USA.
Thursday 2nd Match, 2023.

hammerstein1_0-e1633839601301.jpeg

There is a short video package which details the major events of the recent ‘Back in Town’ Pay-Per-View which took place in Denver, Colorado and the main points featured include Shawn Summers recapturing the Television Championship, Michelle von Horrowitz cheating Cyrus Truth out of the F1 Climaxxx final with the assistance of the Nephews, Chris Peacock becoming the FWA World Champion after defeating Devin Golden and then the horrendous circumstances which surrounded Krash’s return to the FWA and life in general.

Once that has finished, we go straight into the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City, where the crowd full of Chris Peacock’s fellow New Yorkers are near rabid as they wait for the show to begin. There are plenty in the crowd who are wearing fake black moustaches and matching sideburns and plenty of children have replica FWA World Championship belts over their shoulders and around their waists. As for the ring itself, there are balloon towers erected from each turnbuckle and a purple carpet has been placed over the ring mat. There are tables with pictures of Peacock’s victory at Back in Town and him celebrating with his newly-won championship.

Rod Sterling: “Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Meltdown! We’re here tonight in a place we always love coming to, New York, baby! We’re ten days removed from an absolutely historic Back in Town event that was full of shocks and surprises, but before we unpack a lot of what happened in Denver, we’ve got ourselves a celebration!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Some may argue that what happened in Back in Town’s main event was overshadowed by events earlier on in the night, but these fans here tonight are not going to let us forget what happened in the slightest. Their hometown boy, Chris Peacock, ascended to the top of the FWA mountain when he defeated Devin Golden, concluding the ferocious rivalry between the two of them and likely ‘The Rotten Gold’s career at the same time.”

A large banner displaying a message of congratulations hangs above the ring, and underneath it with all of the decorations are a number of individuals; a man who looks exactly like Chris Peacock but sans moustache (his twin brother, Drew), Drew’s son and Chris’s Nephew, Max, both of the Diamond Dogs - Ricardo Vance and Santino Dongarelli - and in the middle of them all, holding a microphone, is Fallout commentator and re-anointed close friend of the new FWA World Champion, Allen Price.

Price is beaming from ear to ear, as he certainly is not used to hearing a positive reception when at the centre of everyone’s attention. However, he finds himself unable to get his words out due to the sheer volume of the crowd surrounding him inside the intimate venue.

“WE WANT PEACOCK!
WE WANT PEACOCK!
WE WANT PEACOCK!
WE WANT PEACOCK!”

The individuals in the ring are all very happy to hear the chanting and young Max throws his hands up into the air, getting the crowd revved up even more and they whip themselves into another loud frenzy of cheers.

Allen Price: “He’s coming everyone, don’t worry. There’s no way he’d be missing something like this. Before we bring him out though, and we hear what he has to say, I was hoping you’ll all indulge me and allow me to talk a little bit about the man that we’re all here to see tonight.”

In a surprising turn of events, the crowd are actually amenable to this and Allen smiles once again, as Drew Peacock pats him on the back.

Allen Price: “Thank you, everyone. Obviously, the reason the ring is set up like it is and us being here is to celebrate the greatest accomplishment of a man who a couple of us share blood with, but all consider to be family. Of course, I am talking about the man who we can now all proudly call the FWA World Champion and someone from right here in New York City… CHRIS PEACOCK!”

There is another thunderous cheer from the crowd and they begin to start chanting Peacock’s name once again and Price nods along with them.

Allen Price: “Yeah! PEACOCK! PEACOCK!”

The chanting along by the man with the microphone only causes the crowd to go along louder with it all and Price gives off a goofy grin. He waits for them to calm down slightly before going to talk once again, though.

Allen Price: “It isn’t a secret that in the last few months, things hadn’t been great between myself and Chris Peacock. I think it is fair to say that Chris… was feeling the pressure of holding that Golden Opportunity briefcase and well, I’ll admit that I didn’t do a very good job of helping him cope with that pressure.

However, and I am sure the two gentlemen here will not mind me slightly impinging on them, but you know what happens when you apply pressure to a piece of coal? You get a diamond!”

The fans cheer and Price looks very proud of himself for that comment.

Allen Price: “And our diamond? Our diamond has some gold! He weathered the storm and came out the other side, even though he himself will admit that Devin Golden kicked his ass along the way. So, before we bring him out, there’s one thing that I want to say on behalf of everyone in this ring, and Alyster Black too, wherever he is…”

Allen looks around at the men in the ring with him, and checks whether Alyster Black is there or not, but he isn’t.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Where is Alyster Black? You’d have thought that he’d be here, especially as he and Chris Peacock will be vying for a chance to become the number one contenders for the FWA World Tag Team Championships later on tonight!”

Realising that Alyster is not there, Price shrugs. He quickly reverts back to his happy and grinning self, though.

Allen Price: “So, I think it is about time we brought the man of the moment out, huh? New York City, please put your hands together to welcome the man who is your NEW FWA WORLD CHAMPION OF THE WORLD… ‘DISCO’S LAST WARRIOR’... CHRIS PEACOCK!”

The audience is ready to pop, but the reaction is only one of confusion…

Rod Sterling: “I don’t think I need to tell you, but that is not the theme music of Chris Peacock…”

A moment later, the cheers turn to boos as Uncle J.J. JAY! saunters out onto the stage, a smile on his face and a microphone in his hand. Behind him come a long and steady line of Nephews: Gerald Grayson, Thomas West, Harry the Sane Wizard, Quiet, the Maid of Death, NOE-I, Kha’rina, Alphonse the Swiss Sherpa, Prince Cthu’lhu’u, Sting Ray, both Marcus and Micah McClain, a few McClones, and at the rear Mechalodon Man.

Rod Sterling: “... of course.”

The music lowers as Uncle brings the microphone to his lips, stood at the base of the ramp. Those in the ring look on in confusion, and - given the sheer quantity of Nephews that have just appeared - most of them are in the process of climbing out of the room.

Uncle J.J. JAY!: “You can stay, if you’d prefer, Nephews! No need to scarper from us. We’re friendly, and only a small proportion of us bite…”

Regardless of JAY!’s offer for them to stay, Peacock’s entourage continue to exit the ring. Uncle shrugs before climbing up onto the apron and through the ropes.

Uncle J.J. JAY!: “It is wonderful that Baby or Russnow or whoever it is that’s in charge nowadays have pulled out all of the stops for this celebration! I requested this time so that we could pay our respects to a person who has worked so hard and climbed so high over these past few years. Somebody that, less than two weeks ago at Back in Town, capped off several months of toil by besting an old rival…”

The crowd are still cheering for PEA-COCK!, but if Uncle can hear this (which he surely can) he doesn’t let it show. Instead, he has a serene and slightly unsettling smile on his face, despite the crowd changing course slightly.

“FUCK THE NEPHEWS!
FUCK THE NEPHEWS!
FUCK THE NEPHEWS!
FUCK THE NEPHEWS!”

Uncle J.J. JAY!: “I am talking, of course, about one half of your current and greatest ever FWA World Tag Team Champions… about the Forever X Champion who, I’m sorry Alyster, was never defeated for that belt and is still the lineal champion of that division… about the only female triple crown champion in this company’s history, a feat that not even Shannon O’Neill, Gabrielle Montgomery, or Bell Connelly could match… Tag Warz winner, F1 Climaxxx winner, and the only person in the history of wrestling to win both the Carnal Contendership and the Wrestle Royale… I’m talking about the TWO-TIME TWO-TIME, soon to be THREE-TIME THREE-TIME THREE-TIME, FWA Champion of this World... ladies and gentlemen and wrestling fans, please put your hands together for ‘Meltdown von Horrowitz’... for ‘Dreamer’... for ‘THE ONE IN NINE AND ONE’... for ‘Cyrus Truth’s Favourite Wrestler’... Cthulhu’s Nephews very own… MICHELLE… VON… HORROWITZ!!!”

The crowd’s booing has generally been getting louder and louder and louder throughout Uncle’s introduction, and it reaches fever pitch just in time for…

Michelle walks out onto the stage with her F1 trophy in one hand and her FWA World Tag Team Championship belt in the other. The audience rains down the boos on her as she takes a deep bow before walking down the ramp. We cut to the Nephews in the ring, who are giving Michelle a round of applause with beaming smiles on their faces. We also see Peacock’s crew on the outside, looking nonplussed and impatient in the face of this prolonged interruption.

Rod Sterling: “Well, as much as it pains me to say it, everything that Uncle J.J. JAY! just said is true… she has the trophy, and she’s been declared the winner of the F1 Climaxxx tournament. Regardless of the methods she used to get there, Michelle von Horrowitz is number one contender to Chris Peacock’s FWA World Championship.”

Dreamer has entered the ring and looks up at the banner reading ‘CONGRATULATIONS!’ approving. She sets her F1 Climaxxx trophy down, her FWA Tag Team Championship on her shoulder, and gives everyone in the ring their own individual greeting. Grayson and Uncle both get warm embraces, Michelle’s music playing on into the second chorus as she’s finally handed the microphone by Uncle.

“WE WANT PEACOCK!
WE WANT PEACOCK!
WE WANT PEACOCK!
WE WANT PEACOCK!”

MvH: "I'm glad, tulips, to have taken a break from what I'm sure you can imagine are long and arduous preparations for Nate and Jackson on Saturday…"

Here, we see Gerald rolling his eyes in the background, suggesting that maybe this hasn't been the case (against his wishes).

MvH: "All of this… for me?! You shouldn't have. But the hard work is done. The F1 is over, even if it didn't turn out to be exactly the tournament I expected. So many flakes. The handsome man, with whom my dance has been so often delayed that it now means less to me than it once did. The world's oldest prodigy, with whom - some may have forgotten - my record in one-on-one competition remains one apiece. And Boogie Baby."

A slight pause. Another resounding cry from the crowd.

“FUCK YOU DREAMER!
FUCK YOU DREAMER!
FUCK YOU DREAMER!
FUCK YOU DREAMER!”

Michelle shakes her head.

MvH: "It shouldn't surprise me that Chris Peacock should choose to take the easy road. Men often show themselves to be craven. Twice, now, a chance to wrestle and potentially end Devin Golden at the Grand March, and to take the FWA World Championship away from his, has been denied to me by cowards invoking their golden opportunities. You have heard my opinions on this match before. Any match whose entry is dependent on losing another is not worthy of praise or honour or anything at all, really. The Golden Opportunity match is an overly literal representation of failing upwards, and I refuse to buy into this charade. Whether you cash-in by surprise, like Nova, or up front, like Peacock, is irrelevant. I don’t accept the premise.”

The crowd disagrees. Or would if it was really listening. A booooooooring chant has broken out, and is now evenly matched with the PEA-COCK! one as the audience attempts to drown Michelle out with noise.

MvH: “But, for a second time, fate has smiled upon me. Because this time last year, I was awarded the chance to show Nova Diamond up for what he is in his very first defense… and this year, I get to do precisely the same thing to Chris Peacock. Maybe Boogie Baby will decide to call it a day, too. He can spend his days moping around Nova, Danny, and Ryan, trying to get an invite to their retirement island. Or he can spend more time at Randy’s grave. These choices belong to Chris. But…”

Another pause for effect. She gives Gerald and Uncle a smile, but only the latter reciprocates it…

MvH: “I don’t know what it is, tulips… perhaps it’s the extent of my confidence going into this match with Peacock… or maybe it’s these incessant murmurs I keep hearing… or it could be that Cthulhu’s Nephews are just generous people. Because I’m willing to do for Chris Peacock what all of you people have been begging me to do. I’m going to beat Chris Peacock… on my own. You see, the actions over the last few months of the friends that you see standing behind me was not born out of necessity. No. Something else entirely, tulips. But the trogs will believe what the trogs will believe, and it’s about time I put this nasty little rumour - that perhaps Michelle von Horrowitz can’t go on her own anymore - to bed. So, at our team meeting this morning, we decided that, between now and the moment that I lift the FWA World Championship at the Grand March, no Nephew will lay a finger, claw, or tentacle on our current champion.”

“SHUT THE FUCK UP!
SHUT THE FUCK UP!
SHUT THE FUCK UP!
SHUT THE FUCK UP!”

The Nephews are all smiles for the proclamation. Either they don’t think Peacock will be much of a challenge for Michelle, or they don’t intend to stick to the pledge.

MvH: “Because, you see, when Chris Peacock and I are standing across the ring from one another on April 9th, that is when we’ll find out –”

“The Sound of Truth” blares as the crowd erupts. It isn’t Chris Peacock, but it is good enough at the moment. The Nephews look a bit frantic as Michelle’s smile turns into a sneer, just for a second. From the curtain, Cyrus Truth emerges, dressed in his ring gear despite not being scheduled to compete on Meltdown.

Cyrus’s eyes are dark and sunken. Despite that, there’s a sharpness to The Exile’s gaze as he looks out to the festivities occurring in the middle of the ring. He slings a very familiar steel chair over his shoulder, he grits his teeth and starts to make his way down the ramp.

Rod Sterling: “Oh…well, I alluded to it earlier, but Michelle von Horrowitz utilized an underhanded tactic to win the F1 Climaxxx…although ‘win’ might be a bit subjective. Michelle would use that steel chair and a ruse to get The Exile disqualified. Given that…and the fact that Cyrus made Michelle tap while the referee was down? It’s easy to see why The Wayward Warrior is looking for blood.”

The Nephews are bracing themselves as Michelle whispers something to them, seemingly telling them to give some space as Cyrus slides in under the bottom rope and gets to his feet. The gaggle of misfits flank Michelle as she stands there, arms crossed with a strange, confident look on her face.

She walks up as she starts to speak.

MvH: “Tulip, it’s so good of you to come and…”

SMACK!

Cyrus, without flinching and with no hesitation, slaps the microphone out of Michelle’s hands. THAT startles Michelle as the Nephews immediately swarm around her, putting themselves between her and The Exile. Cyrus, eerily calm despite the obvious simmering rage bubbling beneath the facade, grabs the fallen microphone and, keeping the steel chair firmly in his other hand, brings the mic up to his lips and says in a low, harsh tone.

Cyrus Truth: “Shut. Up. No more talking. No more of having to listen to your self-congratulatory bullshit. I’m not going to stand here and reiterate what happened at Back in Town. Everybody in the world except for that scrub of a referee saw you scream and tap as if your life depended on it.”

Cyrus looks confused, as one of the Nephews steps closer to him and leans into the microphone.

Alphonse the Swiss Sherpa: “Now, hold on a second there, Nephew Truth! I know that…”

WHACK!

Cyrus, like a flash of lightning, drives the steel chair into the gut of Alphonse, causing him to double-over in pain. Then, without a second’s hesitation, he brings the chair down on his back. As Alphonse collapses, the remaining Nephews move as if to swarm Cyrus, but The Exile glares at them…and especially at Michelle von Horrowitz as he says:

Cyrus Truth: “If you think this story ends with you making it to the Grand March whole, healthy, and in one piece? You clearly haven’t been paying attention. And you certainly haven’t learned a damn thing.”

Cyrus tosses the microphone. He’s 100% DONE talking. It’s one Exile standing against every Nephew, all standing between him and the woman who robbed him of victory in the most duplicitous of manners. And while it seems obvious that Cyrus has no chance whatsoever of breaking through all of them to get to the one who wronged him, it’s clear as day that The Exile is fully prepared to go through with it regardless.

However…

Rod Sterling: “These people have had to wait longer than they expected, but they need not wait any longer because Chris Peacock is here!”

The music playing generated an extremely loud pop from the crowd, but this only escalated when the new FWA World Champion Chris Peacock walked through the curtain! Despite everything happening in the ring, Peacock takes a moment to look around at the arena full of his fellow New Yorkers and he seems completely taken aback by the reception that he is receiving. His eyes are bright and he pushes his hair out of his face before resting his hand on the championship around his waist.

Peacock’s friends and family move around the ring to the bottom of the ramp, where he greets them and reassures them that everything is okay, before he walks towards the steps and climbs up into the ring through the ropes, grabbing a microphone of his own as he does so. The Nephews back away from Cyrus Truth and back in front of MvH as Peacock exchanges a brief look with ‘The Exile’ before he cranes his head over the crowd in front of him, looking for someone.

Chris Peacock: “Hey Michelle, I can’t quite see you back there… it’s funny that you’re saying that I took the easy road when you’re the one cowering behind a bunch of assholes!”

The crowd cheers loudly and a chunk of the Nephews take exception to that comment. Peacock looks across to Truth, but there is no sign of amusement on Cyrus’s face.

Chris Peacock: “That’s not to mention the shit you pulled at Back in Town to screw Cyrus over here. So, how about the big bad Michelle von Horrowitz drags her ass to the front here so I can talk to her properly?”

Despite Peacock’s request, MvH stays where she is behind her fellow Nephews, noting that Cyrus Truth is still angry and still in possession of a steel chair. Peacock’s enthusiasm appears to dip slightly when he realises that he’s not fully in control of the situation like he thought he was.

Chris Peacock: “Okay… that’s fine, I guess. There’s something that I have to say, but first, I want to send a message to you, Michelle and the rest of you pricks. I was fully aware that when I challenged Devin Golden, that it could have come to this. Chris Peacock fighting against the Nephews again… it was always going to happen at some point.

Yeah, you’ve ruined my celebration, so what? You’re probably going to beat me up a couple of times and hey, when we get to The Grand March, you may even take this from me. But guess what? That’s okay.

You know why it’s okay? Because it doesn’t matter why, when or how and it doesn’t matter what you judge to be worthy, Michelle… I did it. I AM THE CHAMPION!”

The crowd cheers loudly, breaking into another “PEA-COCK!” chant. Chris takes a moment and closes his eyes.

Chris Peacock: “I am the champion of this company, and there’s nothing you, Michelle, or any of these other dickheads can do to change the fact that it happened. You can’t take that away from me, no matter how hard you try.”

Peacock pauses for a moment and he looks through the gap in the collective in front of him so he can just about see ‘Dreamer’. He points to the F1 Climaxxx trophy.

Chris Peacock: “Just like I can’t do anything about the fact that you cheated this man out of that trophy and robbed him of the chance to face me at The Grand March. I can’t go back and change what has already been done. There is something else I can do, though.”

There is some confusion in the Nephews, a few of them asking Peacock “What?” off-mic. Peacock walks over to Cyrus Truth and places a hand on ‘The Exile’s shoulder, however a glare from Cyrus makes him realise that was not the smartest thing to do.

Chris Peacock: “Fair enough, but trust me, Cyrus, you’ll want to hear this. So, Michelle, I can’t take away what you ‘won’ at Back in Town, but I can give it to someone else that has actually earned it.”

Cyrus Truth’s eyebrow cocks up as Peacock raises the microphone up to his mouth once again slowly. Michelle von Horrowitz uses this time to shuffle her way through the Nephews in front of her, wanting to hear this news as close up as she can. She slowly shakes her head as a smirk forms on Peacock’s face this time.

Chris Peacock: “Yeah, you’re getting it. I’ve already spoken to Russnow… at The Grand March… Chris Peacock… Michelle von Horrowitz… AND Cyrus Truth… it will be a Three… Way… Dance!”

There is a HUGE cheer from the crowd as Michelle’s face drops before being fully overcome with rage. The Nephews are beside themselves, all shouting in Peacock’s direction and hurling insults towards him. The camera focuses on Cyrus Truth as MvH casts a look towards him and a very rare smile creeps onto the face of ‘The Exile’.

Rod Sterling: “Wow! Cyrus Truth… he’s going to The Grand March! It is going to be a Three Way Dance!”

Peacock looks back at Truth, expecting some sort of gratitude which does not come, and instead, Truth backs away towards the ropes, exiting the ring, satisfied with what he has gotten. The FWA World Champion turns back to MvH, who is still beside herself with rage, and she speaks to Peacock, with the microphone in his hand picking up her words.

MvH: “You IDIOT! Do you have any idea what you’ve done?”

Chris Peacock: “I know exactly what I’m doing, Michelle. I’m not taking the easy way out. Now, this has been really fun, but I’ve got a pretty big match tonight. You know, when I win that… I’ll be taking your title, isn’t that groovy?”

Michelle shakes her head, and even Gerald Grayson is shown reacting to that in the same way. MvH smirks and then looks outside the ring at Peacock’s entourage.

MvH: “I don’t see your friend, anywhere. Is he too busy crying over his actual tag team partner?”

Chris Peacock: “Good one. You don’t need to worry about where he is, because even if he wasn’t there, I’d still be booking our date at Carnal Contendership to take those titles from you and little Gerald over there.

I don’t have one partner tonight, I have lots of partners and they’re all inside this arena. I’m FTN, and so are they. After all, we all know what FTN stands for, right?”

“FUCK THE NEPHEWS!”

Peacock lowers his microphone and his music begins to play, and he maintains eye contact with one of his TWO challengers at The Grand March next month and for once, the Nephews have been left with nothing to say. Michelle watches Peacock intently as the rest of the group have worried talks among themselves and Peacock turns his back on the ring, putting his arm around his nephew, and the entire Peacock crew back up the ramp whilst giving the group in the ring the same unified middle finger.

violet.png

Rod Sterling: “Shifting gears from what just went down between our world champion Chris Peacock, Cyrus Truth, and Michelle von Horrowitz and her Nephews cohorts, we’ll be kicking into action with our first match of the night. It’ll be Reagan Cole taking on Mike Parr, both of whom are coming off victories at Back in Town.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “That’s right, Rod. Cole and Parr both had a successful night at Back in Town, and surely they’ll both be riding a wave of momentum coming into tonight’s match, but as we all know, only one can continue to ride that wave”

The song begins to play and as soon as it kicks into high gear, The Prodigy appears on stage to a nice ovation from the sold out Hammerstein ballroom. As usual, Parr doesn’t dilly dally about and he quickly walks down to the ring.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “Tonight’s opening contest is scheduled for one fall with a twenty-minute-time-limit! Introducing first…from Toronto, Canada…weighing in at 240 lb…he is The Prodigy…Mike Parr!”

Rod Sterling: “Parr looks to be in the zone and for good reason, because he gained a measure of revenge at Back in Town when he defeated his former Executive Excellence stablemate Kayden Knox.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “With Knox in the rearview mirror, Parr can refocus back on climbing through the ranks and hopefully regaining some gold.”

A mixed ovation from the fans as Reagan Cole steps out on stage. Cole looks out at the sea of fans and then walks down to the ring without taking his gaze off of Parr.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “His opponent…from Essex, England…weighing in at 215 lb…he is The British Apprentice…Reagan Cole!”

Rod Sterling: “Cole defeated Bellatrix Bordeaux at Back in Town, but some would call it a tainted victory.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “You’d be right, Rod, and it would be due to the assistance of Jeffry Mason and TYLER. Both of whom have been a thorn in the side of Cole and have been plaguing him for a number of months now.”

On his way to the ring, Reagan notices Mason and TYLER sitting in the front row. Reagan looks at them with disdain before sliding into the ring.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Speak of the devil, Mason and TYLER are out here and I’m sure whatever tricks they have up their sleeves, can’t be good for The Prodigy.”

Reagan tosses away his jacket and makes his way to his corner where he stands across from Parr…

FIRST MATCH - 1/20.
Mike Parr vs. Reagan Cole.
Singles Match.
Match Writer: Jimmy King.

DING! DING! DING!

The bell sounds and right away the two competitors lock horns with a collar and elbow tie up, but Parr shoves Cole back before anything can happen. Reagan glares at his opponent before looking over Mason and TYLER in the front row, and this brief lack of focus by Reagan comes back to bite him as Parr slaps the taste out of his mouth! Cole is knocked back and Parr drills a few more forearm shots to Cole that has Cole reeling on the ropes, and Parr looks to send Reagan across the ring into the opposite set of ropes but Cole counters and sends Parr to the opposite set….

Parr hangs and catches an incoming Reagan with a flip over to the apron where Cole successfully lands on his feet. Parr spins around only to be met with a forearm to the jaw, and Cole tries to take advantage of this by taking Parr over the ropes to the outside with a suplex but Parr has the wherewithal to block the attempt and instead lifts Cole up off of the apron yet Cole flips out behind Parr and he drills Parr in the back of the head with another forearm. Cole then takes Parr in a rear waistlock before dropping him on the back of his head with a german suplex! Parr clutches the back of his head and he starts to stir as he rises up, but he’s knocked back down with a running knee to the face from Reagan! Cole instantly jumps down for the pin…

One…TWO-NO!

Cole immediately applies a rear chin lock in order to keep Parr grounded, but Parr shows that he still has some fight left in him and as he rises up, he drives a few elbows into Reagan’s midsection! Reagan is forced to release the hold and Parr sends Cole into the ropes where Reagan hangs on but he pays for that as Parr sends him toppling to the outside with a clothesline! Reagan quickly shakes that off but he’s not ready for Parr launching himself through the middle rope with a suicide dive! Cole is knocked back into the barricade and Parr wastes no time by tossing Cole back into the ring and The Prodigy finds his mark with a slingshot senton into a pin…

One…TWO-NO!

Anzu Kurosawa: “The Prodigy is firing on all cylinders right now, which could spell disaster for Cole if he keeps it up!”

Rod Sterling: “Parr’s skills are so unmatched but at the same time I can’t take anything from Cole, who has held his own thus far.”

Parr has Reagan in a front facelock but Reagan counters with a headbutt that knocks Parr for a loop…and Reagan continues his onslaught of headbutts much to the dismay of Parr…

Anzu Kurosawa: “Cole with his keen striking skills on full display but he may be doing just as much damage to himself as he has done to The Prodigy with those headbutts…”

Cole looks a bit worse for wear after delivering so many headbutts, but he shakes it off and he has Parr set up for a suplex, but Parr flips out behind Reagan as he was lifted up and Parr counters with a belly to back suplex! Parr reaches over and hooks the far leg for another pin…

One…two…THREE-NO!

Parr begins to climb to the top as it appears he’s looking to end this with X Marks the Spot, but Cole is able to stop him mid-way on the second rope and from there Cole brings Parr back inside the rope with a ring rattling suplex! That took a bit out of Cole, but he shakes it off and he takes Parr up…bridging northern lights suplex!

One…two…THREE-NO!

Parr stays in it and Cole immediately applies a single leg lion tamer submission to Parr. Cole is wrenching back while Parr is trying his best to fight through it. Cole glances over at Mason and TYLER at ringside, and both of them urging Cole to snap Parr’s leg whilst in the hold. Cole’s lack of focus causes his grip to loosen, and that allows Parr to break the hold with a rope grab. Cole seems extremely frustrated, not only with himself but also with Mason and TYLER….

Rod Sterling: “Reagan needs to get his head back in the game if he wants to win…”

Anzu Kurosawa: “That’s easier said than done in his case, Rod, with Mason and TYLER goading him on and causing even more of a distraction…”

Cole says some things to Mason and TYLER that the cameras don’t pick up, but suddenly he’s taken by surprise with a roll-up from Parr!

One…two…THREE-NO!

Cole kicks out and rolls through but he’s met with a stiff kick to the face….and Parr follows that up with a shining wizard for good measure! Parr then proceeds to make his way to the top…X MARKS THE SPOT! Parr finds all of it and he hooks the leg…

One…two…THREE

Winner: Mike Parr by pin at 11:47.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “The winner of the match…The Prodigy…Mike Parr!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Another win for Parr, this time over a game Reagan Cole.”

Rod Sterling: “I’m certain that if Cole hadn’t allowed himself to be so distracted we could’ve seen a different outcome for him, but it’s back to the drawing board for him…”

Parr relishes in his victory as he makes his exit while Cole is at ringside now near Mason and TYLER, both of whom look disappointed in Reagan as the show rolls on…

violet.png

While one of the opening segments seemed to be a highly polished, professionally made video package made by the fine folks at the FWA editing teams, this camera is kind of shaky and tilted to the side and, in fact, seems to be moving, it's hard to tell exactly what's going on for the first few moments. Eventually we are able to make out the shape of a run-down street. The type of place your parents would tell you to stay away from. The kind of street that seemed to be slowly being eroded by time as various rough-looking people shuffled by, until eventually the seemingly hand-held camera settled on several brick walls stained with graffiti but not like the graffiti you'd expect. It's artfully done, rich in detail and substance, less like graffiti and more like murals, and the subjects? Like a make-shift hall of fame of Brooklyn's finest; Michael Jordan, Mike Tyson, The Notorious B.I.G. People that have walked these same streets and made them famous; the camera slowly pans across this makeshift hall of fame until it settles on one person, facing out of the wall is the smiling face of Lizzie Rose.

...And eventually, the camera swings back around to reveal Lizzie Rose sitting on the curb, wearing a snap-back cap and Brooklyn net's hoodie.

Lizzie Rose: "I know you guys are probably sick of the sight of me...but I just had to share it with you guys...That...That mural? That means more to me than any title, any championship, any accomplishment. That I will ever achieve because titles and gold will come and go, but when you make it on these streets? That'll last forever."

She takes a moment to stare at the mural for a few moments, marvelling at the sight of it, before standing up on the curb as the camera follows her vlogger style.

Lizzie Rose: "This week hasn't been the best, not just because I lost that title match, but because I wasn't medically cleared to come to the arena tonight...the first time we've been in Brooklyn for a year, and honestly? That breaks my heart. Because I think anyone who knows me knows. I love these streets. I love this city; this is my home. These are my people. My family."

Lizzie breaks off as someone off camera seems to recognize her and stops for a fist bump and a kind word.

Lizzie Rose: "...and I don't mean that in the same way that everyone says it. Because everyone loves their home city, right? But I truly believe this place is unique; think about it. It's not exactly a rich part of New York, and it's not exactly a big city....but if you ask anyone to name a place in New York, one of the first places to come to mind is Brooklyn....We're a different breed here. When this tiny little part of the world speaks? The World listens and I'm proud that I get to represent these streets."

Again, Lizzie has to break off because someone has stopped to say hello; what can I say? She's absurdly popular on these streets.

Lizzie Rose: "And I-"

Lizzie suddenly breaks off abruptly, looking over her shoulder but turns back to the camera frowning.

Lizzie Rose: "Sorry, thought I saw....."

She trails off once again, staring off into the distance, before shaking her head and focusing up her attention on her words.

Lizzie Rose: "Right, sorry, back on point- As I said, this isn't a rich arena, speaking personally. I grew up in a crappy little third-story apartment in one of the poorest areas here, and there's a reason for that, my family was always dirt poor. Don't get me wrong, I grew up with a great mom that gave me everything I could possibly want...Love, food on the table, an education...Everything but money..."

Lizzie's mood seems to take a more somber tone as she takes a beat to collect herself.

Lizzie Rose: "...And I don't say that for you guys to be like "Boo hoo, poor Lizzie" If anything, It's something to be ashamed of, because while my mom was racking up debt and taking up job after job to support the family, I was chasing this insane dream, living her to take on the burden by herself, that's honestly something I truly do regret. The Rose family has always been in the red, and the fact I didn't help when I could..."

Lizzie sighs to herself, her head down, clearly not able to finish that statement.

Lizzie Rose: "...but that all changes today because I've just had the best year of my career, by a country mile, I'm making good money, money that can make a HUGE difference and today?”

With a smile, she motions for the camera to turn around to show exactly where she's been walking to.

The local bank.

Lizzie Rose: "I get to pay off the family debt."

The scene cuts momentarily to the inside of the bank building; Lizzie enters into the building -Almost bumping into someone who's in the middle of leaving via the same door, almost losing her balance in typical clumsy Lizzie Rose style, but regains her balance-looking slightly more proud of herself for doing so, then she should before moving past several security guards, approached the counter and spoke up towards the clerk hoping to be heard over the chatter.

Female Bank Teller: “Hello, miss! Welcome to Greengrove national bank; how may I help you today?”

Lizzie Rose: “Heya, I'd like to make a deposit in the Rose family bank account. It has a few debts that I'd like to clear.”

Female Bank Teller: “Sure thing! Just let me pull up the account, and I’ll gladly assist you.”

The lady behind the counter taps away on her keyboard. As Lizzie seems to get more nervous each time her fingers press on a key the feeling of weight on her shoulders begins to get heavier. As if each button adds on a few pounds. She seems a little embarrassed that this woman is going to see how much her family is in debt; her thoughts are interrupted soon however.

Female Bank Teller: “Ma’am?”

Lizzie Rose: “Huh? Oh, sorry! Yeah, what’s up?”

Female Bank Teller: “There appears to be no debt in our system. It looks like it was paid off this morning.”

Lizzie Rose: "Um. I'm sorry, what? No. No. No...Maybe you should check that again, you must have the wrong account.”

Female Bank Teller: “It also looks like there was… $10,000 transferred to your account from… let’s see here… they’re just listed as ‘an acquaintance’ in the notes. Looks like someone really cares about you, ma’am! Is there anything else I can help you with today?”

Lizzie didn't respond, all she did was stare blankly at the teller as if she was waiting for her to drop some kind of punch line, or she'd start laughing at any moment, but no punchline came, forcing herself to move back, and seems to walk out of the bank in some kind of daze, looking...honestly a little confused. Should she be happy her family's debt was cleared? Disappointed that her moment of catharsis has been denied? Freaked out that some stranger had just given her family an absurd amount of money? Eventually, she reaches into her pocket, punches in some numbers and puts it to her ear

Lizzie Rose: “Mom?

Why didn’t you call me?!

.... No, I didn’t know about it; where’d you get the money?

...IN FULL?! THE WHOLE THING?!...WHO?!

...What do you mean they LEFT ME SOMETHING?!

...NO, DON’T OPEN IT; I’M ON MY WAY!”

We see the blind panic in Lizzie's eyes as she puts down the phone. She rushes to the nearest subway; after all, this is her city. She knows this city like the back of her hand, you could leave her blindfolded in the town square, and she'd still manage to find her way through town. We see her pushing her way through the subway. We see her in a crowded train, staring around at her surroundings, her head twitching behind her a few times as if expecting someone to be staring at her.

Like she was being watched

Once she finally gets to her house, she climbs the stairs to her family's apartment like a woman possessed, and it wasn't long before she was pounding her fist against the door, to which a slightly older-looking woman with similar dark red hair answers looking bemused.

Lizzie’s Mom: "Christ, Elizabeth, does that door owe you money or something? You'll wake up the whole block..."

Lizzie Rose: ”Mom! Are you ok?!”

Lizzie's mom: "...Um, well, I have kind of a headache after all of that banging, but besides that, I'm good."

Lizzie Rose: "What the hell happened? You said someone brought a gift for me?"

Lizzie's Mom: "Oh yeah, this chick came by; kinda looked like they were doing some weird Disney cosplay stuff, hey I don't judge. And they left me something to give you. It's on the sofa."

Without saying another word, Lizzie pushes past and makes a beeline for this "Gift" being left for her

Lizzie's mom: "What the hell has gotten into you? You're acting like the devil is on your back; we should be celebrating the fact you got the best friends in the world! Seriously, why did you never tell me you knew so many rich people?”

Lizzie ignores her as she beholds "The gift."

Flowers.

Very familiar flowers. In fact, they seemed to be the exact same flowers she got from Princess Nova and Keres at Back In Town; blinking rapidly, she leaned forward to example the flowers more closely. Finally, realizing just who might be behind this

Lizzie’s Mom: "What's the problem?"

Lizzie Rose: "They left me…flowers again...but.....I think...they got me flowers before...and I threw them out...but I'm pretty sure these are the same ones. Like...The exact same ones, but that's crazy right? How could they get here? How are they still perfect? I- what’s this?"

Lizzie discovers that under the flowers is a piece of folded cardstock paper. Around the cardstock is a pink ribbon to keep it closed, with a raven pin that keeps the ribbon in place. Carelessly Lizzie tears the ribbon as she opens the folded cardstock paper and begins to read

Lizzie Rose:
"From acquaintances to friends.
A debt starts, a debt ends.
A new start, a dead-end.

Choices to be made,
Voices to be heard.
A dress and a crown,
A flower and a bird.

This invitation is open,
We rave for your response.
Now that your burden is broken,
We wait beneath sconce.”

Lizzie doesn't say anything, merely reading and rereading the note over and over again as if multiple readings would somehow make the clearly cryptic message held within more obvious.

Lizzie’s Mom: "....This isn't like a stalker situation is it? This isn't like some kind of weird fan thing right? Should I be worried?"

Lizzie Rose: "..No..I mean-I don't think so? Yeah no. This is weird, but...I'll...figure...something out"

Her mind clearly preoccupied, she absent-mindedly kisses her mother on the cheek before making her leave, still staring at the note as she quickly walked back to the subway station and vanishes down into the entrance as we fade to black.

violet.png

Following on from the video package, things move backstage where we are shown a shot of a door which swings open. Initially, nothing is there but a seemingly empty locker room, but the camera pans down and reveals Joe Burr! The fans inside the Hammerstein Ballroom can be heard cheering loudly as Burr marches down the corridor, a determined look on his face. Their chanting can be heard; they are loud and in unison.

“JOOOOOOEEEEEE BURRRRRRRRRR!
JOOOOOOEEEEEE BURRRRRRRRRR!
JOOOOOOEEEEEE BURRRRRRRRRR!
JOOOOOOEEEEEE BURRRRRRRRRR!”

Rod Sterling: “Well, Anzu, this can only mean one thing; it is time for out second of three matches tonight and this one is a championship match! The FWA Television Championship is going to be on the line and it is going to be another of New York City’s sons challenging ‘Der Basterd’ Shawn Summers - it’s Joe Burr!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “We’ve already seen tonight how much this crowd is supporting their fellow New Yorkers and I think if Joe Burr can cut short this second reign with the FWA Television Championship, the roof might blow off of this place!”

The curtain in the arena is swept open and Burr walks out through it and he pauses in front of the opening for a moment, raising his arms in the air to another loud cheer from the crowd. Burr walks towards the ring, holding his hands out for the fans to touch him. He rolls into the ring and climbs onto the bottom rope in one of the corners, raising his arms in the air once again.

The reaction inside the Hammerstein Ballroom flips completely on its head as Burr’s music fades out and it is replaced by that belonging to the new, and only two-time FWA Television Champion. Shawn Summers walks out from the back, holding the championship belt down next to him. The venue means that a lot of his usual entrance routine has to be pared back, but ‘Der Bastard’ does not seem bothered in the slightest about this. He merely looks around at the vicious response he is receiving and smirks before looking down at the floor.

Once Lana sings “Come on baby, let’s ride”, Summers starts walking forwards with purpose towards the ring, but he allows the Television Championship to be scraped along the floor as he walks, showing no care to the belt whatsoever.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Like him or not, at Back in Town, Shawn Summers became the first person to capture the FWA Television Championship for the second time when he overcame Vampyra, Jason Randall and the Death Walker in a very eventful four way match. However, from looking at his face and how he is treating that championship, he doesn’t seem too happy about it.”

Rod Sterling: “I don’t think he is! I can’t even comprehend how the mind of someone like Shawn Summers works, but you’d think he’d be happy about being a champion again!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Well, he might not be for long if Joe Burr and this crowd have their way! Summers is an accomplished competitor, but we know what Joe Burr is capable of and he has an upset in him. They don’t call him ‘The Giant Killer’ for nothing!”

Summers gets into the ring and throws the Television Championship up into the air, allowing it to fall to the mat, folded and twisted. After disposing of the title, he walks towards the corner and stands with his arms by his side, smiling as a fresh barrage of boos is directed towards him. The referee for the match, DJ Franchise, retrieves the title from the middle of the ring as it is required for the introductions ahead of the championship match. Although once Summers’s music has faded out, KLG is prevented from beginning her announcements due to the loud and rude chanting of the crowd.

“FUCK YOU SUMMERS!
FUCK YOU SUMMERS!
FUCK YOU SUMMERS!
FUCK YOU SUMMERS!”

‘Der Bastard’ laughs at the response and the challenger clearly enjoys it too, with Burr encouraging them to continue. Katie decides to crack on and talk over the loud shouting.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “The following contest is scheduled for one fall, with a sixty minute time limit… and it is for the FWA Television Championship!”

The belt is held up by the referee, with only Burr having eyes for it. The raucous crowd continues their chanting.

“JOE IS GONNA KILL YOU!
JOE IS GONNA KILL YOU!
JOE IS GONNA KILL YOU!
JOE IS GONNA KILL YOU!”

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “Introducing first, the challenger… from New York City… weighing in at one-hundred and seventeen pounds… he is ‘The Giant Killer’... JOOOOOOEEEEEE BBBUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRR!!”

There is a very loud cheer from the fans as Burr climbs up onto the turnbuckle in the corner he is occupying, getting them riled up even more. However, as the attention shifts to the champion, the New York crowd begins booing loudly.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “His opponent, from Laguna Beach, California and weighing in at two-hundred and twenty-five pounds… he is the current reigning and defending FWA Television Champion… ‘Der Basterd’ SHAWN SUMMMMMMEEERRRRRRRSSSSS!!”

The crowd revert back to their negativity towards the amused champion, and he watches on as Katie leaves the ring with the championship in her possession. Summers does a couple more stretches with the assistance of the top rope, before DJ Franchise, satisfied both competitors are ready, calls for the bell!

SECOND MATCH - 1/60
Shawn Summers (c) vs. Joe Burr.
Singles Match for the FWA Television Championship.
Match Writer: Man.

The crowd cheers and makes their voices heard in support of the challenger as both men approach the centre of the ring. Summers seems slightly cautious at first, but Burr leans in, looking for some sort of lock up, and Summers decides to oblige. Both men tussle for a moment, until Summers easily pushes Burr away and onto his back. This does not stop ‘The Giant Killer’, who gets straight back up and charges at Summers, but Summers avoids any sort of contact and sends Burr forwards towards the ropes. Burr charges in and jumps into the air onto Summers’ shoulders and then falls down behind, BRINGING SUMMERS DOWN INTO A ROLL UP!!

ONE!

TWO!!

THREE-NO!!!

Summers kicks out of it at the last second! The fans cheer loudly as ‘Der Basterd’ looks stunned momentarily after almost getting caught out. Burr rises back to his feet and paces around in the ring, looking proud of himself.

“YOU’RE GONNA GET YOUR FUCKING SHOULDERS PINNED!”
*CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP*
“YOU’RE GONNA GET YOUR FUCKING SHOULDERS PINNED!”
*CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP*

Rod Sterling: “That roll up is one of the most dangerous moves in the FWA, and Burr has managed to pull off some surprising victories with it, and he almost added Shawn Summers to his list!”

Summers gets back to his feet from a knee and backs into the corner, where he turns around and starts fiddling with the top turnbuckle. There is some confusion as to what he is doing, but when the padding drops to the mat, the referee quickly puts two and two together and heads over to the corner to affix it back onto the now uncovered turnbuckle. Franchise scalds Summers as he passes him, but the Television Champion takes no notice.

Instead, Summers turns his attention back to his challenger and Burr looks to be about to try and initiate another lock up with Summers… BUT SUMMERS KICKS HIM IN BETWEEN THE LEGS!

Anzu Kurosawa: “Ouch! Even I felt that and I’m missing a pair of those!”

Despite it being a blatant low blow, the referee did not see due to being so concerned with replacing the turnbuckle padding. Burr lands on his side on the mat, after the force of the kick actually took him off of his feet and the crowd begin to shout abuse at Summers, but he drops down to a knee over Joe’s body and begins laying into him with strikes directed at the head and face. Summers rains Blitzkreig down onto Burr with punches and elbow strikes and only stops when the official comes over and forces a break, the turnbuckle finally repaired.

The referee checks Burr over, who can be shown now with a bloody nose, but Summers prevents him from doing so when he drags Burr towards the corner and slumps his opponent’s small body against the bottom turnbuckle. Summers gets himself in position across the ring from Burr and he charges forwards… and crashes into Burr with the Bee’s Knees!! Burr is absolutely motionless in the corner and Summers pulls him up by his arm once again and he places Burr’s head in between his legs and looks around at the rabid crowd.

Summers nods his head to their objections and then hooks Burr up… and drops him on his head with MIDSOMMAR!! Burr crumples on the mat and Summers pushes him down onto his back before applying a deep cover.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Count to one hundred, this is done…”

ONE… TWO… THREE!!!

Winner: Shawn Summers by pin fall at 3:35.

‘Cola’ plays once again and Summers rises to his knees from the pin with a broad grin on his face; clearly having taken enjoyment from unnecessarily cheating against a lesser opponent and embarrassing him in his hometown. DJ Franchise returns with the Television Championship and attempts to place it in Shawn’s hands, but Summers just allows it to fall on the mat again and then has his arm raised.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “Here is your winner and STILL the FWA Television Champion… SHAWN SUMMERS!!”

Rod Sterling: “Shawn Summers retains. I think it is an outcome many predicted but as you can hear from this crowd here, it is not one that they are happy with. Regardless, Shawn Summers continues this phenomenal run he is on in singles competition; undefeated in singles competition since Lights Out back in October. That’s pretty impressive, you’ve got to admit, Anzu.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Well, I hope that his future opponents are able to provide him a bit more of a challenge, though. Who knows, whoever ends up facing him for that championship next might be someone able to put up a decent fight? We might find out at The Grand March! Oh, I think Summers wants to say something…”

Summers demands a microphone from ringside and he uses his boot to shuffle Joe Burr out of the ring, ignoring the loud negative response he is receiving from the fans inside the Hammerstein Ballroom.

As the referee calls for the bell Shawn rolls off Burr and lays on his back staring up at the lights of the arena. He motions for the referee to come over and demands that they give him a microphone. The referee hands Shawn a microphone and he waves his hand at them as a way of saying 'go away"'.

Shawn Summers: "I want to wake up in a city that doesn't sleep. And find that I'm number one. Top of the list. Head of the heap. King of the hill."

The fans boo incessantly and chant "shut the fuck up" as Summers laughs to himself before pulling the microphone back to his lips and continuing to croon his song.

Shawn Summers: "These little town blues They've all melted away I'm gonna make a brand new start of it In old New York."

A fan throws a water bottle into the ring, almost hitting Summers. He leans up halfway, points at the fan, and then points toward the exit. Within seconds a tall and muscular member of security makes their way over to the fan and escorts them out of the building as they continue to shout obscenities at the television champion.

Shawn Summers: "And If I can make it there I'll make it practically anywhere It's up to you New York, New York New York."

Anzu Kurosawa: What the hell was that?

Rod Sterling: A classic, that's what it was, Anzu.

Shawn Summers: "Frank Sinatra - a rare highlight in this otherwise shitty city known as New York."

The boos intensify as Summers slowly rises to his feet with a shit-eating grin emblazoned across his face. He jaws back and forth with a couple of fans at ringside, holding down the middle ring rope as an invitation for them to get in the ring. They try to hop the barricade but security is on them immediately, refraining them from entering the ringside area and escorting them out of the arena as the fans continue to vocally show their displeasure.

Shawn Summers: "Aww, shut the fuck up. Everyone likes to talk about how tough New Yorkers are and how vocal they are, but you see how y'all shut the fuck up when I beat this bitch's ass?"

Shawn points down at Joe Burr who is being tended to by the referee.

Shawn Summers: "Joseph, buddy, how did we get here, man? Oh, wait, I know - you were one of the people that couldn't keep my name out of your dry ass mouth. Yeah, that seems to be a trend around here - mention Shawn Summers' name, get a match with him, and get your bitch ass humbled. New York, you'll have to just deal with my language here tonight because I'm in a fucking mood."

Anzu Kurosawa: "When isn't this guy in a mood?"

Rod Sterling: "You have to admit, he's a little more vulgar than he normally is. We're used to -"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Him complaining about a loss that he claims doesn't count? Saying the most ridiculous stuff that only he can believe? We're used to Shawn Summers being an all around dick, Rod."

Shawn Summers: "Joe, I don't want you to feel bad about losing to me here tonight. The list of men and women who I've had to remind that Shawn Summers isn't someone to fuck with has gotten long since Back in Business. You see, unlike the Yankees and the Mets, I know how to bounce back from a soul-crushing defeat."

The fans continue to chant "fuck you, Summers" at an almost deafening volume. Shawn attempts to speak but the fans continue to drown him out with their chants and boos. He looks around the venue and can't help but laugh as they continue to pelt him with obscenities.

Rod Sterling:" These fans need to just let Summers talk. That's all he's asking for - a moment to talk."

Anzu Kurosawa: "I hate it, but I agree. The quicker they let him say what he has to say the quicker we can get him the hell out of here
."

Shawn Summers: "When I suffer defeat I bounce back by winning championships. When I suffer defeat I bounce back by reminding gatekeepers that that's all they'll ever be. I bounce back by reminding people that they can make all the right choices and still end up on the wrong end of a Shawn Summers ass-kicking. I bounce back by beating the shit out of wannabe joshi and sending their crybaby asses back to Japan."

A small but noticeable "Vampyra" chant resonates throughout the venue much to the annoyance of Summers.

Anzu Kurosawa: "It looks like these fans have finally gotten to him. Look at his face. He's pissed. This is supposed to be his moment and they're chanting for Vampyra. That has to eat him up inside."

Shawn Summers: "That's where she wanted to go, right? She couldn't handle the embarrassment of losing not only the F1 but also this piece of shit title so she went 'back home' to Japan."

Rod Sterling: "Wow..."

Anzu Kurosawa: "That's low. Low even for him."

There is a loud disgusted groan from the fans followed by the boos that have been almost nonstop since Summers made his way out here. He laughs to himself and can be heard saying, "oh, come on" as he continues to laugh at the dark humor that was lost on the crowd.

Shawn Summers: "I'm a good guy. I'm a leader like George W. Bush or the greatest mayor this shithole ever had - Rudy Giuliani. Just like those two great men I belive in giving opportunities. I'm willing to give the same opportunity that I gave to young Joseph here. I'm issuing an open challenge for this here piece of shit AND the opportunity to add Shawn Summers' name to list of people you've lost to. That's a big fucking deal."

Anzu Kurosawa: "Has he not checked his own win-loss record? The amount of people that have beaten him is a lot longer than the amount of people that he has defeated."

Rod Sterling: "
Yeah, but he still headlined Back in Business."

Anzu Kurosawa: "And he lost."

Shawn Summers: "This challenge is open to anyone..."

Rod Sterling:
" A man of the people. See Anzu?"

Shawn Summers: "Who I haven't already defeated. You get a shot at the television championship but more importantly, you get a shot at Shawn Summers. The challenge is first come first served so be quick about things."

Summers tosses the microphone as Cola begins to play. It's almost impossible to hear it as the fans continue to boo and try to grab at Shawn as he makes his way towards the back and the screen fades to black.

violet.png

Black combat boots meeting pavement as someone walks. This is what is seen as the sound of an urban metropolis paints a picture around us. They come to a halt in front of a pair of rounded black flats with laces neatly tied in a little bow. Panning up, two female figures stand face to face covered in hooded cloaks as to maintain an air of anonymity.

???: “Was the gift delivered, Princess?”

A cold voice asks in a poignant tone.

???: “Of course, sister! You should not have any doubts, hehe.”

Her voice is light and whimsical. It is clear from the tones that it is the “sisters” of Eternal, Keres and Princess Nova.

Keres: “Perfect. Everything is as it should be”,

Keres moves to stand side by side with Nova, as they now stare far across the street from them.

Keres: “Nova, what do you make of that mural? The figures on it seem to almost be depicted in a godlike nature, do they not?”

Princess Nova hums and skips around Keres as she stares across the street

Princess Nova: “It’s quite interesting to see them depict these… false heroes. From terrible baseball players, to cannibalistic ear biters, to a man who was not ready to die. “

Keres: “Men who, despite their notoriety, all fell short in some way in their lives. Their potentials never truly amounting to what they should be. And on the end of that wall, that face is our new interest. Odd that she would be there as well.”

Princess Nova: “I sincerely hope that she surpasses them. I would not want to be lumped in with those people.”

The TORN Angel has a devious giggle. She skips in place.

Princess Nova: “Oh, I can’t wait for that to happen. Speaking of, I think I see her…”

On the curb across the street there is another female figure. She is sitting on the curb, admiring the mural as a camera films her. Lizzie Rose, wearing a snapback hat and Nets jersey. Keres and Nova move slightly behind a car, so that they can observe without being seen.

Princess Nova: “She seems to be in a bright mood.”

She practically hums as she speaks.

Keres: “For the moment. Let’s see how she welcomes our generous gesture.”

Keres turns and begins walking past Nova, who then follows obediently.

Lizzie Rose looks over her shoulder in the distance, brushing off whatever she might have been feeling.

They walk for some time, melding into the people of the city around them as Lizzie Rose films herself ahead of them along the same path. Keres and Princess Nova observe as their new “friend” makes her way into a bank labeled “Greengrove National Bank”, bumping into an exiting patron on the way in. Still several feet behind, Keres and Princess Nova make their way to a bench just out of sight of the entrance of the bank, but close enough to hear those outside of it.

Keres: “In but a few moments, our dear Elizabeth is going to exit that bank. My assumption, that shall be proven true, is that she will be a bit… out of sorts. Of course, the… shock of our good deed may be too much for her to handle.”

Keres hangs her head, letting the hood of the cloak completely block her face, but a glimmer of a smirk is seen by Nova.

Princess Nova matches her with a wide grin of her own as she opens up a newspaper, and folds her legs.

Princess Nova: “I am glad you gave me the idea. Really, I could buy any dress I’d want, even for $10,000. She needs the money more than me, and maybe she’ll realize she is indebted to us…”

Keres: “The family resources, and that monetary bonus you skillfully acquired, are sure to have the intended effect on Elizabeth. After all, it’s lifting perhaps her greatest burden. A barrier we shatter for her as a… peace offering… yes.”

A devilish infliction of her voice accompanies the yes.

Nova turns to Keres, keeping a warm grin.

Princess Nova: “You know me, I am always in your service. I am just glad the ladder match proved meaningful.”

She opens her mouth, pointing at her tongue.

Princess Nova: “Ick, I have still been using mouthwash since having to kiss Xavier…”

The doors of the bank open and out comes their prey, Lizzie Rose. Seemingly confused and in a daze, she stumbles a bit before taking her cell phone out and calling someone.
A shaky voice uttering the word “Mom?” is music to the ears of the Daughter of Demise. Keres and Princess Nova listen as the panic of the conversation grows and the confusion reaches a fever pitch. Once quick footsteps are heard, Keres finally lifts her hanging head and turns to Nova.

Keres: “And now… we observe how a wounded knight attempts to pull the sword from themselves. Please, Princess, hold your arm above your head and ball your hand… and close your eyes.”

Nova follows what her sister tells her. She holds her hand up, balling it, and closes her eyes, trusting Keres. She hears a quick

Snap!

And she opens her eyes and both her and Keres are on a subway car. Despite their appearance sticking out normally, nobody seems to notice as her hand grips the railing above her head. She smiles.

Princess Nova: “It is always amazing how you do that, hehe.”

Keres: “Despite the anomalous nature of our TORN Universe… it shall always amaze me how… unnoticed one can be in plain sight in New York.”

Princess Nova: “I have been here many times before. In fact, this was the place where I chose to change my life for the better. Barclay’s. I finally listened to my heart to accept the role as your caretaker and here we are years later, I am standing by your side.”

Keres: “As it should be, Princess. The hands of fate move in a complete circle. Now, on the other end of this… filthy can and sea of meaningless lives, you see our friend, yes?”

Nova nods.

Princess Nova: “I see Elizabeth. She has a fountain of emotions. I understand. When you see change coming, you are left conflicted, used to what you know, especially when you don’t have control over it. But once you accept some things are beyond your reach, your pain is released… and peace comes.”

Keres: “And beyond that. Do you sense her dread? Her almost catatonic mind. Her suffering at the realization that we are inevitable. The pain in her heart from knowing that what she wanted most was taken from her, that being the sweet release of helping her family. The feeling of failure that she will have to fight. The worry she must constantly deal with because her mother… is also within our reach. All of that… brewed together with the sense of relief she must feel at the fact of us being… generous… and solving such a critical dilemma for her. That, my Princess, is now the conflict within her soul.”

The next stop is kzzzrrtt

The automated PA on the train, as barely understandable as it always is, announces the next stop. Lizzie’s stop. Keres watches her get off the train and then turns to Nova.

Keres: “Princess, please, hold my hand and close your eyes.”

Princess Nova: “Of course.”

She follows what Keres says, holding her sister’s hand and closing her eyes.

Much like before

Snap!

And Princess Nova feels a consistent light breeze around her body. She opens her eyes to see that they now stand on a roof across from a place that she herself had visited earlier in the day.

Princess Nova: “Oh, there’s Ms. Rose’s apartment!”

Nova shouts excitedly.

Princess Nova: “She was such a nice lady. She even complimented my dress, saying it was disney-like. How magical?”

Keres: “How sweet. A shame it would be if circumstances were to change and the cold winds of fate were to blow in her direction. Has Miss Elizabeth taken our... gift… in hand yet?”

Taking a look at the apartment, she can see Lizzie Rose get inside and head towards where the gift was left for her.

Princess Nova: “She is now.”

Keres closes her eyes and takes in a deep breath. She seems incredibly focused. Her hands move in a manner reminiscent of a tearing motion. She then appears to flick something away and mimic opening a card. She stares down at the… nothing in her hands. Her mouth moves in a rhythmic manner yet no sound is coming from her body. Keres has an aura of schadenfreude about her as she appears to be in another world entirely. Her eyes burst open and she stares down off the roof and at the entrance door to Lizzie’s Mom’s apartment building.

Keres: “She has the message. Now… we wait and let fate take its course. Elizabeth’s path has been laid before her. She must walk it. What say you, Nova?”

Princess Nova turns to Keres.

Princess Nova: “I think she will learn more about herself than she ever knew. But we do have a match for tonight. Though that is secondary, I believe it would do us no favors being late for it.”

Keres: “Yes, that. Let us make our leave. But first…”

Keres raises her right hand and snaps her finger. Down below on the street, Lizzie Rose can be seen as she quickly walks back to the subway station and vanishes down into the entrance.

Keres: “She will do no good being absent of mind, so now she may think. Now we walk… we won’t be late.”

Keres raises her finger and begins to walk off the roof, likely not fearing how late they would be for their match. Princess Nova follows without question, trailing behind her sister. From above, a black bird swoops down and perches itself on the edge of the roof where they once stood. At first guess, it may be a crow, but it is much larger. A raven.

The segment fades away.

violet.png

Backstage, Jeremy Best and Bryan Baxter are preparing to make their way down to the ring for the main event tag team scramble match, the camera catches up to them in mid conversation.

Jeremy Best: “Are you sure he’s okay?”

Best words seem to express some paranoia as Baxter places his hand on his friend’s shoulder.

Bryan Baxter: “Yeah, Mr. Scorpane is keeping an eye on him… as much as I know he loves that we put him on watch duty… but it’s for the best.”

Jeremy breathes a sigh of relief but they are interrupted as Todd Salum comes into the shot with microphone in hand.

Todd Salum: “Jeremy Best… if I can just get a moment…”

Jeremy’s eyes light up and he gives a friendly smile and wave to Todd.

Jeremy Best: “Hiya, Todd! Nice to see you! Of course, I always have time for you.”

Bryan stares a whole through Todd, clearly not as happy to see him as Jeremy is.

Todd Salum: ”I just wanted to talk about what happened at Back in Town… that attack on…”

Jeremy Best: “Attack? Oh, Todd, I didn’t…”

Bryan stops Jeremy as he puts his hand up.

Bryan Baxter: “Look, Todd… I know everyone has a lot of questions for Jeremy… but tonight ain’t the time for it, alright? We’ve got more important things to worry about and a tag title shot that we’ve deserved for a LONG ASS time… like how the fuck are a couple of jokes like Fenix and Savage getting MULTIPLE tag shots after we beat their ass at Back in Business but we’ve yet to get one… okay, nevermind, that’s neither here nor there… the point is… Jeremy will talk about it when he wants to.”

Jeremy Best: “Sorry, Todd… Bryan’s right. We’re focused on the match at hand… but I tell ya what, if people want me to talk about it… I have no problem doing that! How about I come out on Fallout and I’ll tell ya’ll all about how I’m gonna help get Krash back into FWA shape! See ya’ll then!”

Jeremy gives another friendly wave to Todd as he walks off. Bryan is not quite as nice as he bumps shoulders with Todd as he walks off the shot.

violet.png

We return back inside the main area of the Hammerstein Ballroom and Katie-Lynn Goldsmith is standing by with her microphone in hand.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “The following contest is your main event of the evening and it is a Tag Team Elimination Scramble Match, where the winners will go on to face The Connection or The Undisputed Alliance at the Carnal Contendership event for the FWA World Tag Team Championships!

Introducing first, already in the ring; midnight MUSTANG and sunrise STALLION… they are PONI BOI!”

There is not much of a reaction from the crowd towards the two K-pop stars, who pose next to each other back to back with their arms folded.

The lights of the arena dim as the lights near the stage flash purple and gold in tune with the strings of the music. All video screens are off apart from the one showing the main entrance video. The music builds for eight seconds then Princess Nova makes her way out first. Her long skirt flowing behind her with her arms out near her hips. She spins and does a curtsy near the stage as her tag partner and “little sister,” Keres is carried out by two followers. Meeting Princess Nova on the stage, she lightly taps Nova’s head before the two make their way down the ramp, Princess Nova walking, and Keres being carried.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “Introducing their opponents… First, from The Residence, the TORN Angel, Princess Nova, the Daughter of Demise, Keres, they… are… ETERRRRNNNAALLLL”

Rod Sterling: “Ladies and gentlemen, I am being told to announce that it is time for the main event and the much-anticipated tag team debut of Eternal here in the FWA. We’ve gotten to know these two ladies a bit more in the last few weeks and they seem to have taken an interest in one Lizzie Rose…”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Lizzie needs to be careful around these two, because they may have some not-so-nice designs for her.”

On her way down the ramp, Princess Nova has a wide, almost disturbing grin, giggling as she does a “Princess wave” to some of the fans. Keres remains unflinching, being carried by her followers. At ringside, Princess Nova turns to the steps and goes up them. Wiping off her boots, she enters the ring between the middle and bottom rope as Keres is gently placed on the apron, her feet not touching the ground. Nova raises the middle rope so her sister may enter.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Nice of Nova to help her sister enter the ring, there. What wasn’t so nice was how she launched Sawyer Xavier from the top of a ladder, through another one at Back in Town on her way to winning that ladder match!”

Rod Sterling: “Well, she brought ten thousand dollars back to The Residence; what do you think they spent it on?”

Keres stands in the middle of the ring, still as Princess Nova circles around her, spinning her skirt before she stands next to Keres and does a long curtsy to her sister. Keres turns to Nova and gently removes the tiara from her head. The two TORN sisters head to their corner as Princess Nova unclips her skirt as their theme music fades away.

There is a good cheer for the next tag team to enter the fray, with both Dan and Doug LuPone walk out together and walk in time with each other towards the ring as their theme music revs away behind them. There appears to be some avid Lumberjacks fans in attendance as some children are shown revving imaginary chainsaws in accompaniment to the music.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “Next, from the Yukon in Canada… at a combined weight six-hundred and twenty-five pounds… Dan and Doug LuPone, the LUMMMMMBEERRRRR-JAAAAACCKKKKKSSSS!!”

Rod Sterling: “If size was an indicator of likelihood to win matches, then The Lumberjacks would be sure-fire favourites to win this one. A combined weight of over six-hundred pounds and a combined height of over seventeen feet, these two are larger than life and could pose a real problem to the other five teams competing in there.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “I’m surprised you didn’t make a joke about them cutting down the competition, Rod.”

Rod Sterling: “Damn it. Well, they can. Some of their offense might not be pretty, but it sure is effective and it may take some of their opponents teaming up to get both of these behemoths out of there. Remember, for a team to be eliminated, both members have to be either pinned or submitted.”

The boys from the Yukon both enter the ring by stepping over the top rope from the apron and they tower over their opponents who are already in the ring and pose for the crowd before taking up a spot in one of the corners.

There is a more negative response to the next team out from the back, as both Blair and Celestia Ravenwood walk out from the back and stand together on the ramp. Kleio De Santos follows her fellow sisters of the Coven out and she places a hand on each of their shoulders before motioning for them to advance towards the ring. KDS examines their progress for a moment before disappearing back through the curtain. The Ravenwood sisters both smirk at the competition presenting itself in the ring.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “Next, from Lock Haven, Pennsylvania… Blair and Celestia Ravenwood, the COOOOOOOOOOOOVVEEENNNNNNNNNN!!”

Rod Sterling: “I’ll tell you something, Anzu, I am very interested in seeing how the Sisters of the Coven and Eternal interact in this match. Were it not for a tag title shot being on the line, I could see this group of young ladies really getting on quite well!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Are you sure, Rod? I think with the powers and personalities you’d be bringing together there it would be a total recipe for disaster! We saw Kleio De Santos there, the appointed leader of The Coven, allowing her girls to go out there and get things done on their own.”

Rod Sterling: “With a short rivalry with Tommy Bedlam behind them ending in De Santos getting a big win at Back in Town, The Coven have turned their attention back to the FWA World Tag Team Championships, titles which they have been in the hunt for pretty much since first arriving here in the FWA.”

Blair and Celestia enter the ring together through the bottom and middle ropes and they then pose on the ropes to a mixed reaction from the crowd, leaning towards jeers. As their music fades out though, the crowd levels rise and suspecting who is coming next, they boo very loudly.

Instantly, the crowd lets out some of the loudest jeers and boos in the entire history of the FWA. First out from the back is Big Bryan Baxter, who wears the North American Championship over his shoulder and he scowls at the reception being received by the Buddy System, alas he is used to it. Unlike his partner, Jeremy Best, although one would be forgiven for thinking that Best is completely unaware of the vitriol being thrown towards them as they walk towards the ring together. Best waves enthusiastically out towards the fans, almost as if they’re unaware of the events of the last two weeks. A younger fan recoils when Jeremy goes to hug them as he usually would, but Best does not react to it at all.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “Next, at a combined weight of four-hundred and ninety-two pounds… the team of Jeremy Best and the FWA North American Champion Bryan Baxter… The Buddy System.”

Rod Sterling: “You can hear the disgust in the voice of Katie-Lynn Goldsmith, and I don’t blame her for not giving these two a proper introduction. What the Buddy System did at Back in Town was absolutely disgusting and despicable. We thought Krash was gone, but in fact he was being held against his will by Bryan Baxter and Bill Scorpane and Jeremy Best was probably in on it the entire time!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “I consider myself as someone with an iron stomach, but I felt sick when I saw what was happening to Krash at the hands of Bryan Baxter in Denver. Bill Scorpane isn’t here… presumably to keep an eye on their prisoner.”

Rod Sterling: “Just look at Jeremy Best! He’s prancing around here and acting like nothing has happened! I honestly cannot believe this! He’s fooled us all for months, he’s a monster!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Well, we know who the fans here inside the Hammerstein Ballroom will be cheering for tonight, and to be honest, I think that they would take anyone but the Buddy System.”

Even the other competitors in the match seem to completely disapprove of the Buddy System’s actions in recent days as a wide berth forms away from Best and Baxter, none of the others wanting to be near them. This seems to upset Best slightly, but Baxter reassures him that it is okay.

Just like they did earlier on tonight, the crowd goes absolutely ballistic for their hometown hero, Chris Peacock. The FWA World Champion has his championship around his waist as he did earlier on and he walks towards the ring with a purpose, but most notably, alone.

Rod Sterling: “Tonight has not been the homecoming that Chris Peacock would have been expecting, but he knows now that he will be defending the FWA World Championship against Michelle von Horrowitz and Cyrus Truth at The Grand March in a Three Way Dance, but that can wait because right now is all about earning a shot at the FWA Tag Team Championships with his partner, the X Champion Alyster Black.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Alyster Black… the best friend of Krash and someone who we know will want to get his hands on Best and Baxter above almost everything else right now.”

Rod Sterling: “We heard Michelle von Horrowitz comment on it earlier on, Alyster Black is not here… no one has seen him tonight. Chris Peacock might have to do this and represent FTN on his own…”

Peacock stops at the bottom of the entranceway and looks up at the ten individuals in the ring all with their eyes on him and he slowly takes a step towards the ring, looking somewhat nervous about the proposition ahead of him… until a smile forms on his face.

Peacock’s grin is well-placed as the crowd all stay on their feet as ALYSTER BLACK WALKS OUT FROM THE BACK! With the X Championship slung over his shoulder, Black makes his way towards the ring and Peacock… AND THE TWO OF THEM SLIDE IN TOGETHER… AND THE BELL RINGS!!

Rod Sterling: “ALYSTER BLACK IS HERE AND HE AND PEACOCK ARE READY TO FIGHT!”

THIRD MATCH - MAIN EVENT - 11/–
The Coven (Blair Ravenwood and Celestia Ravenwood) vs. The Lumberjacks (Dan LuPone and Doug LuPone) vs. FTN (Alyster Black and Chris Peacock) vs. The Buddy System (Jeremy Best and Bryan Baxter) vs. Eternal (Princess Nova and Keres) vs. PONI BOI (midnight MUSTANG and sunrise STALLION)..
Tag Team Elimination Scramble Match - FWA World Tag Team Championships #1 Contendership.
Match Writer: Dubb.

The bell rings and all eyes are on World Champion Chris Peacock and X Champion Alyster Black, now in the center of the ring and surrounded by the other competitors in the match, save The Buddy System, who quickly dive out to ringside when Alyster Black made his way down to the ring. Jeremy Best and Bryan Baxter watch from the outside as PONI BOI becomes the first to strike. midnight MUSTANG and sunrise STALLION rush towards Peacock and Black respectively, only to immediately get laid out with a pair of right hands from both men!

Blair and Celestia Ravenwood charge at Black and Peacock, each greeting a sister with a clothesline as Eternal watches on from their corner. Doug and Dan LuPone are next to try their luck with the high powered FTN duo, their size and power allowing them to withstand a flurry of from both men - Peacock unloading some punches while Black chops away at his lumberjack, Dan. Both getting their lumberjack up against the ropes and its synchronized clothesline to send the big men up and over the top rope to the floor!

Black and Peacock turn around just in time to see Keres and Princess Nova charging in… and its a pair of BACKDROPS over the top rope to send Eternal out of the ring as well!

Anzu Kurosawa: “What a hot start for Chris Peacock and Alyster Black! They clearly came into this match with targets on their back due to their high profile… and what a stand they just made to open things up!”

Rod Sterling: “That they have… but I think both Peacock and Black want to get their hands on the one team that wasn’t involved in that mele! And they’re looking right at them now!”

Chris Peacock and Alyster Black lean against the ropes, challenging Jeremy Best and Bryan Baxter to get into the ring and fight them… but Jeremy and Bryan both seem more than willing to stand idly by… as PONI BOI have recovered and attack Peacock and Black from behind! They wail away on the pair of champions, but their attack is no sold! FTN both turn to face the K pop duo, who immediately look like they regret their choices in life. Black lights up MUSTANG with a series of chops while Peacock rocks STALLION with a series of jabs… before following it up with a kick to the midsection..

DISCO THRILLER to STALLION as Peacock drops down into a split with the stunner and Black FLIPS MUSTANG HEAD OVER HEELS with the ONE SHOT KILL!

Peacock pins STALLION while Black drops down and covers MUSTANG.

One! One! Two! Two! Three! Three!

sunrise STALLION by Chris Peacock at 1:10

midnight MUSTANG by Alyster Black at 1:10[/b]

Anzu Kurosawa: “Thanks for coming PONI BOI!”

While Peacock and Black finish disposing of PON BOI, outside the ring The Coven and Eternal seem to have struck up a bit of “dark alliance” at ringside as the four girls have teamed up to take on the bigger lumberjacks. But while they work together to work The Lumberjacks up against the guard rail, Alyster Black decides to go after all of them as he runs to the ropes and dives over the top rope with a Fosbury Flop onto all six competitors at ringside!

Chris Peacock seems pleased in the ring, standing tall… but is ROLLED UP OUT OF NOWHERE by Jeremy Best!

One! Two! Thre - NO! Kickout by Peacock!

Rod Sterling: “Jeremy Best almost stole one there from the FWA World Champion! Sometimes you just never see that guy coming!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Yeah, none of us saw what happened at Back in Business coming, that’s for sure!’

Peacock gets back up to his feet as Jeremy tries to grab him from behind, but Peacock responds with the Fight Fever backfist to break free and then it’s a Pimp Slap to Jeremy, drawing a big pop from the crowd… until Bryan Baxter comes in out of nowhere to clobber Peacock from behind with a running forearm to his upperback!

Seeing his partner in trouble as Jeremy and Bryan begin to double team Peacock in the ring, Alyster climbs up onto the apron to re-enter the ring, but his feet are grabbed by Celestia and Nova at ringside, preventing him from entering the ring! But Black breaks free with a pair of kicks to each lady, but he doesn’t spot Dan LuPone climbing the apron and Dan charges in with a BIG BOOT to Black on the apron, sending Alyster falling back to ringside where Blair and Keres double team Black, sending him crashing into the ring steps.

Meanwhile, Dan climbs into the ring as Baxter takes Peacock down to the mat with a spinning back suplex followed by an elbow drop from Jeremy… and Dan rushes over with a double clothesline to both Jeremy and Baxter! Dan then lifts Jeremy Best up into his arms in a Gorilla Press, walks with him… AND TOSSES JEREMY over the top rope onto The Coven, Eternal, and Black at ringside!

With Dan wiping everyone out back at ringside, Dan turns his attention to Bryan Baxter, whipping the North American Champion into the turnbuckles before rushing in with a Body Avalanche in the corner! Baxter stumbles out of the corner into a SCOOP and a SLAM to Baxter! Dan hypes up the crowd as Baxter staggers back up to his feet… for a SECOND SCOOP SLAM! Dan tosses his arms up in the air, more fired up than ever as he waits for Baxter to get back up again…

But in comes Peacock… who rushes over and he instead gets SCOOPED UP BY DAN FOR A THIRD SCOOP SLAM IN A ROW to finish off the series! Having taken down the FWA champion, Dan is more hyped than ever!

Rod Sterling: “What a series by Dan LuPone, now standing tall alone in the ring!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Not so fast, he’s about to be have some company!”

Blair Ravenwood and Keres re-enter the ring as Dan is playing to the ground, Blair striking with a low drop kick to Dan’s knee while Keres strikes with a Brazilian Kick! Keres continues to strike with a variety of kicks, managing to rock the Lumberjack back into a big European Uppercut from Blair! Keres bounces off the ropes and charges in with a Superwoman Punch to Dan!

SHINING WITCH from Blair!

Realtà Contorta" from Keres!

Dan falls over to the mat.

Anzu Kurosawa: “TIIIIIIMMMMBEEER! Down goes the Lumberjack Dan LuPone!”

Out of nowhere, Celestia comes in off the rope rope with the Hex Bomb onto Dan LuPone and Blaire makes the cover!

One! Two! Three!

Dan LuPone by Blair Ravenwood at 6:41

Excited by the elimination, the Coven sisters get to their feet and embrace with a hug, before looking over to Keres and inviting her over to join them, but Keres stares blankly at the two witches. Blair and Celestia release their hug and question Keres, as Princess Nova comes in from the apron with a springboard crossbody onto both of the sisters!

Anzu Kurosawa: “So much for that unholy alliance!”

Rod Sterling: “It’s every team for themselves here, Anzu! Princess Nova saw her opportunity and struck. Can’t blame her at all.”

Celestia rolls to her feet first but its Nova bouncing to the ropes and hitting the Elevate and ReNovate springboard cutter to Celestia! Nova makes the cover!

One! Two! Thre….Keres cuts off Blair from making the save… THREE!

Celestia Ravenwood by Princess Nova at 7:19

While a frustrated Celestia rolls out of the ring, her sister Blair immediately gets in Princess Nova’s face, clearly upset about their alliance already breaking down. The two shove one another and things look to get heated, but it’s broken up as Doug LuPone charges over and takes BOTH WOMEN DOWN with a running double lariat!

Keres rushes going for a Superwoman Punch to the bigger man, but Doug sidesteps the attack and grabs Keres from behind in a waistlock into a big Release German Suplex to take Keres down to the mat!

As Doug takes control of things in the ring, Alyster Black has his hands on Jeremy Best at ringside… but ONLY BRIEFLY as Bryan Baxter comes to his friend’s aid, grabbing a chair from ringside and cracking it down across Black’s back! The New York faithful really letting Bryan have it, no doubt not happy with the way they treated their hero Lizzie Rose.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Leave it to Bryan Baxter to introduce a foreign object into the match!”

Rod Sterling: “The difference here, Anzu, is this match is anything goes! Nothing illegal about that chair shot this time.”

Baxter lifts the chair up a second time, bringing it down across Alyster once again… and then he goes for a third one… but Peacock is there to snatch the chair away from Baxter! Peacock then drives the chair into Baxter’s massive midsection to double over the North American champion…

SCISSOR KICK FAMOUSER TO THE FLOOR ON THE OUTSIDE to Baxter to a big pop from the fans.

As Peacock gets back up to his feet, Jeremy Best charges in, springboard off the back of a recovering Alyster Black to hit a springboard DIVING DDT to the floor on Peacock!

Back in the ring, Doug LuPone is showing off his strength as he has both Keres and Nova on one of his shoulders.. He runs with them looking for a double running powerslam… but both Keres and Nova slide down off his back! Doug turns around into a spinning heel kick to his gut from Nova followed by a knee lift from Keres and then a dropkick from Nova with an assist trip from Keres!

Doug begins to try and pull himself up as Nova leapfrogs over Keres for an Assisted Shattered Mind leg drop bulldog! The pair roll the big man over onto his back so that Keres can make the cover!

ONE! TWO! THREE! NO! Doug kicks out!

Kere sits up on her knees, showing no emotion despite the nearfall… but its BLAIR OUT OF NOWHERE with the SHINING WITCH to Keres, taking her down to the canvas!

Blair is unable to make the cover as Nova is immediately there to strike Blair with a superkick! Blair drops to a knee as Jeremy Best rolls back into the ring and comes in to take out Nova with a shotgun dropkick! With Blair on her knees… Jeremy unleashes his FRIENDLY FIRE kick combinations to the chest of the Ravenwood sister while the crowd responds with loud boos.

Anzu Kurosawa: “I have to say, it’s nothing but surreal to hear this crowd reaction as Jeremy gives that Friendly Fire to Blair Ravenwood… it’s typically the exact opposite!”

Finishing off the combination with a spinkick to Blair’s head, Jeremy stands tall and waves to the crowd with a smile on his face as Doug LuPone pulls himself up to his feet. Jeremy sees his friend Bryan continuing a brawl with Alyster Black at ringside, Black ramming Baxter into the guard rail back first. Jeremy looks to go help, but he runs into the massive Doug.

Jeremy looks up, giving a nervous smile to the Lumberjack… extending his hand for a friendly handshake to the Canadian. Doug examines Jeremy’s extended arm, the crowd letting it be known they don’t think Doug should accept the handshake, but being the Canadian he is, Doug can’t turn it down and shakes Jeremy’s hand…

AND JEREMY PULLS DOUG IN FOR A BEAR HUG!

Anzu Kurosawa: “Never trust a handshake from Jeremy Best… but I don’t think Doug seems to phased by this bear hug attempt by Jeremy!”

Rod Sterling: “No, this seems like a misstep by Jeremy. His arms barely wrap around Doug’s massive frame!”

In fact, Doug just laughs at Jeremy’s attempt of a bear hug, and delivers a headbutt to Jeremy before hitting a BELLY TO BELLY SUPLEX to lay out Best in the middle of the ring!

Back outside the ring, Alyster Black has Baxter down on the ground, pulling a table out from underneath the ring, and sets it up before returning to Baxter, driving an elbow down across the top of his head. Black attempts to slam Baxter head first into the table, but Baxter blocks it! He fires a back elbow into the sternum of Black Jesus and then slams Alyster head first into the table not once or twice, but thrice, before rolling Black onto the table!

Bryan Baxter climbs up onto the apron and charges in looking for a Cannonball Senton onto Black, but PEACOCK PULLS ALYSTER out of the way and Black goes crashing through the table instead!

Meanwhile, inside the ring, Bryan’s partner Jeremy is also in trouble as Doug LuPone lifts him up onto his shoulders, looking for the Maple Bomb, but Keres interrupts it with a Brazilian Kick! LuPone drops Jeremy to the mat as Nova comes over as well, giving Keres a lift up into a TORNADO DDT to Doug!

Keres makes the cover!

One! Two! Thre - - KICKOUT!

Doug begins to get to his feet as this time it’s Keres giving a lift to Nova for an Assisted Hurricanrana… But Doug reverses it into a POWERBOMB to Nova! Keres rushes in but Doug shows off his impressive agility with a cartwheel into a LARIAT to Keres! After hitting the mat, Keres staggers back to her feet where Doug lifts her up into a Fireman’s Carry… into the MAPLE BOMB! He hooks the leg!

ONE! TWO! THREE!

Keres by Doug LuPone at 14:28

Rod Sterling: “With that, Eternal, Coven, and Lumberjacks are each down to just one competitor left while Buddy System and FTN are both still at full strength! And of course, PONI BOI was eliminated a long time ago.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “I forgot they were even in the match…”

Alyster Black and Chris Peacock are back in the ring as Doug pulls himself up, the Lumberjack coming face to face with the FWA World Champion and X Champion. A right hand is blocked by Peacock who then unloads a combination of three punches before Peacock does some disco groovin’ before hitting a final punch, sending LuPone staggering into Black who lights up LuPone with a series of knife-edge chops before Peacock grabs LuPone and lifts him up onto his shoulders, the crowd impressed with Peacock’s strength to hold up the big Canadian…and he begins to spin… Dance Dance Revolution, dropping him down with a Samoan Drop!

As Peacock has his attention on LuPone, Alyster Black spots Jeremy Best trying to pull himself up in the corner, Black walking over and grabbing Jeremy by his hair to pull him back up in the corner.

Rod Sterling: “Here we go, Anzu! This is what we’ve been wanting to see all match! Alyster Black has Jeremy Best right where he wants him!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Parents, hide your kids because this won’t be pretty! I think Jeremy Best is about to find himself in a VIOLENCE PARTY!”

The crowd is fired up and ready to see Black dish out the punishment to Jeremy with the Violence Party… but Blair Ravenwood interrupts it, attacking Black from behind with some stiff kicks to the leg! Black turns to face Blair as the Ravenwood sister gets into boxing stance, hitting Black with a series of jabs followed by a big uppercut… but its Jeremy Best charging out of the corner to hit a running bulldog onto both Black and Ravenwood!

Jeremy pops back up to his feet, the crowd greeting him with boos as Peacock notices Jeremy standing tall, and aims to change that as he charges in with a SPEAR to Jeremy to take him down! Driving Best into the mat, the champ unleashes a series of punches to Best on the mat much to the delight of the fans. But as Peacock begins to get to his feet, it’s Princess Nova comes in with a springboard hurricanrana to Peacock! Chris rolls to his knees and begins to get up as Nova measures up Disco’s Last Warrior, adjusting her satin glove… and moving in to lock in the Queen’s Hand to Peacock! Peacock drops back down to his knees but in comes a recovered Doug LuPone comes charging in… Nova notices him charging in and steps out of the way as Doug goes for a running dropkick, allowing it to connect with Peacock!

As Peacock drops to the mat, Nova charges in with a running forearm smash, but LuPone catches her by the throat! He lifts Nova up for a CHOKESLAM…

BUT NOVA SHOVES that satin glove into LuPone’s mouth! THE QUEEN’S HAND to the Lumberjack! The hold has him releasing his grip on Nova, bringing her back down to the mat… then down to his knees, Nova continuing to apply the pressure… the big man begins to fade… dropping down to the mat… and she shoves him over to the ground, still applying the Queen’s Hand as LuPone’s shoulders hit the mat…

ONE! TWO! THREE!

Doug LuPone by Princess Nova at 17:33

Rod Sterling: “Princess Nova scores some retribution for Keres as she eliminates Doug LuPone and that takes the Lumberjacks out of the match!”

Nova releases Doug as he begins to roll out of the ring, and is caught by a recovered Blair Ravenwood who locks in a sleeper hold from behind to Nova! The princess struggles against the grips of the witch, but it’s Bryan Baxter rolling into the ring and grabbing Blair from behind… lifting BOTH GIRLS OFF THE MAT with a GERMAN SUPLEX to Blair and Nova down to the mat!

Baxter is joined by Jeremy now and the pair turn their attention to Alyster Black, hooking him for a double suplex… but BLACK BATTLES BACK! He separates himself with some elbows to both Baxter and Jeremy’s midsection! Black then hits a knife edge chop to Jeremy! Then one to Baxter! But Baxter and Jeremy come back with double knees to Black’s midsection to double him back over…

But here comes Peacock to even the odds! He comes over with a pair of forearms to both Baxter and Jeremy and it’s a standoff in the middle of the ring between The Buddy System and FTN! Baxter rocks Black with a big elbow to the face, but Black staggers backwards and comes back wiht a rolling elbow to Baxter while Peacock rocks Best with a series of punches before Best fires back with some kicks to Peacock’s midsection in return, until Peacock blocks once but Jeremy leaps up for an enziguri… but Peacock ducks it! Jeremy spins back around into a kick to the midsection…

DISCO THRILLER to Jeremy!

Meanwhile, Black begins to get the upperhand on Baxter but Baxter evens the score with a LOW BLOW TO BLACK! Black drops down to his knees as Peacock comes to his partner’s aid, spinning Baxter around with a boot to the midsection…

DISCO THRILLER to Baxter now!

Anzu Kurosawa: “It’s split after split for Peacock as he’s just thrilling everyone right now!”

Peacock spins around and catches an incoming Blair Ravenwood with another DISCO THRILLER for her as well! And now Nova is back up and stumbles in, a kick to the midsection for the princess and he looks to complete the series with a Thriller for her as well…

But Nova shoves Peacock off and into the ropes! Peacock ducks a clothesline from Nova as Nova runs to the opposite ropes, both come back off the ropes and it’s a running sleeper slam from Nova to Peacock to send the champion down to the mat! Peacock immediately begins to get back to his feet, but Nova is ready and whips him into the turnbuckles. Nova charges in with a running dropkick that sends Peacock slouching down to the floor. With a twisted grin on her face, Nova begins to choke Peacock in the corner with her foot, giggling while doing so!

While Nova continues to violently choke Peacock in the corner with a boot, Bryan Baxter is back up and charges in with a running CORNER SPLASH that squashes Nova into the turnbuckles chest first! Baxter pulls Nova out of the corner and lays her out on the mat with a Pumphandle Slam. He then backs up and spots the cornered Peacock, still resting his head on the bottom turnbuckle… and charges in with a big running hip attack, bouncing the back of Peacock’s head across the bottom turnbuckle!

The crowd boos the North American champion as he stands tall in the ring, now eyeing Nova once again and she struggles to her feet… he grabs Nova by the head and lifts her up in the air… going for the Baxter driver…

CRACK!

CHAIRSHOT TO THE BACK!

Anzu Kurosawa: “BLACK JESUS IS BACK AND HE’S ARMED!”

Rod Sterling: “And that’s bad news for everyone in that ring right now!”

Baxter drops Nova down to the mat as Alyster cracks the chair down across his back once more, sending Baxter down to all fours on the mat and delivers a THIRD chairshot down across Baxter’s back sending him down all the way to the mat. Princess Nova begins to get up, but Black gives her a chairshot too just for good measure to send the remaining Eternal member back down to the mat! Black drops the chair down to the mat as he stands over Baxter, grabs both of his arms and yanks them back… CURB STOMP TO BAXTER!

Now it’s Alyster Black standing tall in the ring, bodies scattered about but there’s one body he’s interested in. Much like Peacock in the adjacent corner, Jeremy Best is slouched over, struggling to try and get to his feet using the turnbuckle ropes. Alyster Black reaches back down and picks the chair back up off the mat, lifting it up to the fans for some a ruckus reaction as Black moves in… Jeremy slowly getting to his feet… Black loads up for a massive chairshot to Best…

BUT BLAIR RAVENWOOD SNATCHES THE CHAIR from Black’s arms from behind! The crowd greets Blair with another round of boos as Black turns around…

BLAIR SWINGS THE CHAIR AT BLACK!

BLACK DUCKS!

CHAIRSHOT TO JEREMY!

Best drops to the mat as Black takes out Blair with the ONE SHOT KILL! Black drops down for the cover!

ONE! TWO! THREE!

Blair Ravenwood by Alyster Black at 24:18

Rod Sterling: “After an onslaught by Alyster Black, the Coven is now gone from the match! That leaves Princess Nova all alone in the ring against two full teams!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “And I think FTN is in the driver seat right now… both Bryan Baxter and Jeremy Best are looking worse for wear after those chair shots!”

Chris Peacock comes over to Black as they dump Blair Ravenwood out of the ring and turn their attention back to Jeremy Best. Peacock pulls Jeremy up to his feet, telling Black that this is his chance. Peacock holds Jeremy in place as Black loads up another one…

ONE SHOT KILL!

BUT JEREMY DUCKS AND BLACK NAILS PEACOCK!

Anzu Kurosawa: “Oh no! That’s a completely different kind of friendly fire right there!”

Rod Sterling: “Some unfortunate miscommunication for FTN which could be a repercussion of this just being the second time these two have teamed together.”

Black doesn’t waste much time on his partner, and goes after Jeremy, but Jeremy quickly exits to ringside to avoid the wrath of Black once again! Black starts to try to leave the ring, but it’s Princess Nova from behind with a BACKSTABBER TO BLACK!

Nova looks to take advantage of Peacock being down from the One Shot Kill and makes the cover on the FWA Champion!

ONE! TWO! THREE - NO!

Peacock gets his shoulder up!

Nova gets back to her feet and measures up the recovering Alyster Black… she reaches to her elbow and slides off her elbow pad, tossing it aside and then blowing a kiss towards Black… she charges in - EXECUTION ELBOW TO BLACK!

Princess Nova makes the cover on Black!

ONE! TWO! THREE!

NO! PEACOCK BREAKS IT UP!

Rod Sterling: “Princess Nova was so close to getting a pin on both the X Champ and the World Champ there!”

Nova gets back up to her feet as Peacock tries to grapple with her, but Nova executes a go-behind and locks Peacock from behind, but Chris responds with the Fight Fever backfist to Nova! Nova stumbles backwards, down to a knee as Peacock shakes away the cobwebs. Peacock grabs Nova and whips her hard into the turnbuckles! Nova ricochets off the turnbuckles and back towards Peacock…

ROLLER DISCO spinebuster to Nova!

Big pop from the crowd as Peacock is slow to respond himself, but he pulls himself up and begins to measure up Nova as she begins to stir…

Anzu Kurosawa: “Here comes THE STRUT! The Eternal’s time in this scramble could be coming to a close…”

Peacock charges in for the Strut to a kneeling Nova..

BUT IN COMES BRYAN BAXTER WITH A RIGHT HAND!

Peacock drops to the mat like a sack of potatoes! Baxter makes the cover!

ONE! TWO! THREE!

What the Hell?!

Chris Peacock by Bryan Baxter at 30:39

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Baxter sits up on the canvas, lifting up his right hand and sliding a pair of brass knuckles off his fist with a smile on his face as the crowd rained down the boos on BBB.

Anzu Kurosawa: “It was those brass knuckles!”

Rod Sterling: “That explains how hard Peacock went down! He uses Whatever It Takes to take out the FWA Champion and Baxter now has not one but TWO pinfalls on Peacock in recent weeks, going back to the F1 Tournament!”

Baxter rolls Peacock out of the ring, satisfied with his own handiwork as Jeremy Best slides back into the ring to join him. The pair hug as they now find themselves as the only remaining full team up against Alyster Black and Princess Nova.

Jeremy pairs up with the Nova while Baxter goes after Black, working over Black Jesus in the corner while Jeremy sits Nova up on the top turnbuckle. Best hooks Nova for a superplex, but Nova grabs the top rope to block it! Nova begins to battle back on the turnbuckles with some forearm and elbow strikes to rock Jeremy and then shoves him off the turnbuckles down to the mat! Jeremy lands on his back and Nova comes off the top with a swanton bomb that connects!

Nova makes the cover!

ONE! TWO! THRE…broken up by Baxter!

Baxter grabs a handful of Nova’s hair to pull her up off his partner, delivering a vicious headbutt before dropping her to the mat with a Reverse STO. He then grabbed Nova, once again by her hair, and pulled her back to her feet…

Lifting her up for the Baxter Driver…

CONNECTS!

Baxter sits on the mat after delivering the move and pulls both of Nova’s legs up to make the cover.

ONE! TWO! THREE!

NO! IT’S ALYSTER BLACK BREAKING IT UP with a running forearm smash to the seated Baxter!

Baxter rolls to the mat as a furious Black unleashes a flurry of stomps to the Baxter’s back and the back of his head as Baxter tries to fight through the attacks, making his way back to his feet, but Black lifts BBB up into a fireman’s carry and then drops him down with a Death Valley Driver!

With Baxter down and Princess Nova still reeling from the Baxter Driver… Alyster Black once again turns his attention to Jeremy Best, who is pulling himself back up to his feet. Black walks right over to Jeremy and just delivers a STIFF HEADBUTT to a big pop from the crowd.

Anzu Kurosawa: “I’m not sure I’ve ever heard such a reaction for a headbutt! The crowd wants Jeremy to get what’s coming to him here!”

Jeremy drops to a knee as Alyster grabs him and pulls him back up to a vertical base… Best staggering. ONE SHOT KILL - NO! Jeremy Ducks! STEP UP ENZIGURI to Black! Black falls into the ropes and comes back towards Jeremy who lifts Black up onto his shoulders, looking for the BFF..

But Black fights it off and escapes down Jeremy’s back - DRAGON SUPLEX to Jeremy!

Black pulls himself up and begins to measure up Jeremy, once again drawing the anticipation from the crowd, as Best begins to slowly pull himself up… and once Jeremy is up to his feet…

He charges in…

ONE SHOT KILL!

BAXTER SHOVES JEREMY OUT OF THE WAY AND TAKES THE IMPACT!

Rod Sterling: “Bryan Baxter takes the proverbial bullet for Jeremy Best!”

The North American champion hits the mat and Black doesn’t waste any time going for the pin on him anyway.

ONE! TWO! THREE!

Bryan Baxter by Alyster Black at 35:12

Rod Sterling: “No full teams remain and we’re down to the final three! One of these three will earn a tag title shot for their teams at Carnal Contendership!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “And how about the newcomer Princess Nova? She won herself a signing bonus at Back in Town and she’s moments away now from earning a tag team title shot!”

Black sits up from the successful pin and is caught by surprise by a SUPERKICK from Princess Nova! Nova drops to a knee, showing the signs of exhaustion from the wear and tear of the match while Black also dropped down to a knee… Nova gets back up and grabs Black by the head and springboards off the rope into a Tornado DDT to lay Black out on the canvas!

Nova pops back up to her feet… and is surprised from behind with a SCHOOL BOY from Jeremy!

ONE! TWO! THRE - KICKOUT!

Jeremy is back up first as Nova is getting up, he leaps over her into a Sunset Flip attempt… but Nova sits down on it!

ONE! TWO! Reversed by Jeremy into a roll up of his own!

ONE! TWO! Reversed back by Nova into another pinning combination!

ONE! TWO! Jeremy kicks out!

Both get back to their feet and Jeremy scoops Nova up onto his shoulders, looking for the BFF.. but Nova reverses it into Crucifix Bomb! Nova hooks Jeremy’s arms back, locking in the Queen’s Web submission!

Rod Sterling: “Jeremy Best is in trouble here! He’s trapped in that submission with nowhere to go!”

Referee Larry Davis is there to check on Best as Nova has her gloved hand cinched in tightly… it looks like… Jeremy… is going to…

CRACK!

ALYSTER BLACK BREAKS IT UP WITH A CHAIR TO NOVA’S BACK!

Black tosses the chair aside as he pulls Nova off of Jeremy, “he’s mine!” he declares as he grabs her by the head…

SATAN’S SPIKE!

Black makes the cover on Nova.

ONE! TWO THREE!

Princess Nova by Alyster Black at 39:04

Rod Sterling: “A valiant effort by Princess Nova in this one but the Eternal are now eliminated! It’s all down to FTN and the Buddy System… Alyster Black and the man he’s been after this whole match… Jeremy Best!”

Alyster Black sits up on his knee as Jeremy Best once again pulls himself up… looking across the ring and realizing he’s all by himself now… staring down the tag partner and best friend of the man he abducted at Back in Town. Black stands up, staring down Best, cracking his knuckles as he begins to move in.

“FUCK HIM UP! FUCK HIM UP! FUCK HIM UP!” the crowd clearly eager to see Black do just that.

Jeremy holds his hands out, pleading with Alyster. “Wait! Wait! I get it! I do…”

Black doesn’t seem interested in hearing Jeremy’s pleas, as he picks the chair back up off the mat and slowly walks towards Jeremy, who is back pedaling towards the corner. “I’m just trying to help! But if it makes you feel better…”

Jeremy holds his arms up in the air, slowly turning his back to Black.

Anzu Kurosawa: “What the Hell is he doing? He’s going to let Black do what he wants here?!”

Rod Sterling: “I’m not sure, Anzu. It doesn’t make sense but I think it’s pretty clear there’s more than a couple screws loose in Jeremy Best’s head.”

Black seems just as confused as everyone else, but shrugs his shoulders and lifts the chair up…

CRACK!

Jeremy winces… but he’s still standing.

Alyster Black hits the canvas as Bryan Baxter stands over him holding the North American championship.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Dammit! BRYAN BAXTER! WHO LET HIM BACK OUT THERE?!”

Baxter quickly dives back out of the ring as Jeremy turns around and finds Black laid out…

Jeremy doesn’t ask any questions as he rushes over… he pulls Black back up to his feet and onto his shoulders…

BFF!

Jeremy makes the cover..

ONE! TWO! THREE!

Winner: The Buddy System by pinfall at 42:18.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The crowd let Jeremy Best hear it as he sits up, holding both hands on the top of his head in shock as Bryan Baxter rushes back into the ring to embrace his partner as the dark, slower tempo version of Jeremy’s theme begins to play.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “Here are your winners… The Buddy System…”

Rod Sterling: “Bryan Baxter continues to have Jeremy Best’s back no matter what… and whether you like it or not… The Buddy System have a date with the tag team champions at Carnal Contendership!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “I don’t like it, Rod. I don’t like it at all!”

Bryan Baxter helps Jeremy up to his feet, lifting up Jeremy’s arm in victory as Best is all smiles through the exhaustion while the crowd continues to boo former fan favorite.

Rod Sterling: “So many questions that we hope to answer on Fallout as we’ve heard we’ll hear from Jeremy… maybe we’ll get some answers about the attack on Krash from Back in Town… and then we’ll also find out if it will be Buddy System vs. Connection, or will we get another chapter in their rivalry with Undisputed Alliance!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “I’m not sure how I feel about living in a world where I’d rather see Undisputed Alliance as tag champs than The Buddy System, but here we are.”

Bryan turns his attention to Alyster Black, the X Champion starting to stir… so Bryan Baxter picks the chair back up off the mat. Baxter turns to his friend, “you may not want to watch this,” Baxter tells him as Jeremy nods and turns his back once again.

Anzu Kurosawa: “What now?? Come on!”

Rod Sterling: “This is one of the strangest dynamics I’ve ever seen… Jeremy Best doesn’t seem like he wants to watch… something he didn’t seem to enjoy when Baxter was dismantling Krash… but he sure as Hell isn’t doing anything to stop it either!”

Baxter lifts the chair over his head….

The boos turn to massive cheers as CHRIS PEACOCK rushes back out armed with a singapore cane! Bryan sees Chris charging out from the back and decides to drop the chair. He grabs Jeremy and the pair quickly rushes from the ring as Peacock slides in. Peacock takes a swing just as the duo are exiting.

Rod Sterling: “The Boogie Man makes the save for his partner, and not a moment too soon… and as they head for the hills, clearly wanting nothing to do with FTN right now… it’s still the Buddy System walking out of Meltdown as winners!”

The show comes to a close as Peacock begins to help Alyster Black to his feet, both members of FTN staring down The Buddy System as they back pedal their way up the ramp.

violet.png

IArwbNC.png

Last edited by a moderator: