MELTDOWN XXII: 'OVER THE TOP' || RESULTS

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
J05NVxh.png

XXII: “OVER THE TOP”
Live from De Kuip in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Thursday 24th November, 2022.

61333888_2425717897490676_4952238141445505024_o.jpg

violet.png

The camera pans across the face of a packed and rocking De Kuip, the Dutch fans out in force as we sweep across them before resting on the stage for a huge display of orange (for the nation) and pink (for the branding) pyrotechnics, huge rockets exploding in the night's sky above the open-topped stadium.

Rod Sterling: "Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to this twenty second edition of FWA Meltdown! It's been my privilege to be your host for every single one of those episodes, and tonight it will be an honour to crown a new FWA World Champion for the third time in this show's history…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "We had Devin Golden dethroning Krash at the Bounty on Meltdown X, and then Nova Diamond cashing in on Golden on Meltdown XII… and tonight we'll see who will win that vacant FWA World Championship in a huge, open entry battle royale!!"

Rod Sterling: "That's our main event, and we've got a lot of action between now and that massive contest, Anzu… including a homecoming for Michelle von Horrowitz, who teams up with Gerald Grayson to face the Lumberjacks in our penultimate match-up of the evening…"

As the announcers discuss Dreamer's match, the camera shows a section near the railing right by the ring that has seven empty seats. Each of them has a card on it that reads reserved for the family of Michelle von Horrowitz...

Anzu Kurosawa: "I happen to know that, despite being born and raised right here in Rotterdam, this will be the first time that Michelle has ever wrestled in the city. I'm sure she'll be hoping for a strong victory against the Lumberjacks tonight, especially with the Mile High Massacre match-up on the horizon…"

Rod Sterling: "The Lumberjacks will be hoping to secure a place in that match-up, as will Bad Reputation and The Coven, who will also go head to head in tag team action tonight. Both of those tandems were successful on the last cycle of shows, and will hope to keep that momentum going here in the Netherlands…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "But it's singles action to start off with, Rod! Over to Katie-Lynn Goldsmith for the introductions!"

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "The following contest is set for one fall with a twenty minute time limit! Making his way to the ring, from Essex, England and weighing in at 215 pounds, he is The British Apprentice…. REAGAN COOOOOLE!"

The Jonathan Young song plays through the speakers followed quickly by the emergence of Reagan Cole out on the stage! Reagan, wearing his normal red jacket with the shirt of Aka Yurei underneath, paying a bit of a tribute here tonight has a small wave to the Rotterdam crowd before making his way down the ramp.

Rod Sterling: "Well unfortunately the name of this song must be sounding pretty bittersweet for Reagan as for the first time since Back In Business, tonight Reagan Cole is indeed alone."

Anzu Kurosawa: "Yep, last week after their match with Bad Reputation, The Spirit Walkers were attacked by the returning Jeffry Mason! Alongside Reagan’s former longtime partner British Kid who drove Aka’s head into a CINDER BLOCK!"

Rod Sterling: "We have been told that Aka Yurei has not cleared to wrestle because of this for the foreseeable future so for now Reagan has been forced back into the singles division tonight against a mighty tough opponent in Konchu Hao."

Reagan cracking his knuckles, making sure he is 100% physically ready for this upcoming contest as he seems focused, not clapping hands like he normally does. Reagan jogs up the stairs and enters in between the ropes ready for "[/b][/color]The Mad Wizard"[/b][/color] to come out.

Rod Sterling: "Well this of course is not the music of Reagan’s opponent."

Anzu Kurosawa: "And yet at this point, I can’t imagine anyone is surprised by the arrival of these two after their brutal actions."

Reagan’s body posture just drops as out onto the entrance ramp strolls Jeffry Mason, sporting his typical black tattered jeans and a t-shirt with the blood splattered logo of his old stable, bloodlusT Revolution. To Mason’s right walks the former British Kid, now known simply as TYLER, wearing black and white Union Jack patterned tights to match his recently revealed new mask colors.

Rod Sterling: "I’m not quite sure what more this duo can do to Reagan Cole, but whenever The Savior of Death is around, it can only be bad news."

Mason follows TYLER into the ring, the younger fighter standing in between his new and old partners with his arms crossed. Reagan stares directly at TYLER, not even acknowledging the presence of his foe behind him. Once the music and the chorus of boos die down, Mason begins to speak.

Jeffry Mason: "Well Reagan, I’ll give you credit, at least it seems like you’ve gotten a bit smarter. The old you would have been all too eager to fight me the moment I stepped in this ring. What’s wrong, do you not want to fight your friend TYLER in order to get to me? Or did I hit a nerve the last time we spoke, and you realized just how right I was about everything I said to you?

Look, man, you can hate me all I want. In fact I’d be kind of disappointed if you didn’t after everything we’ve been through together. I’m not too crazy about you either to tell you the truth. But as you can see, I’m not out here to fight, oh no. Quite the opposite, in fact. The reason I’m out here, Cole, is because I’ve got an offer for you. I told you last time to either help or stay out of the way. Well I’m a man of my word, so this is your one shot to redeem yourself. All you gotta do, Reagan, is join us. Simple as that. Join us, help me with my mission to save the art and legacy of deathmatch, help your friend become the star he should have been for a long time now. And help yourself to start paying for your selfish ways of the past. What do you say, do we have a deal?"

Mason hands the microphone to TYLER in front of him, who holds it out towards Reagan’s face. Reagan, deciding to not take his friend's microphone instead asking for a spare microphone from the timekeeper which he does get. Reagan returns his gaze straight back to his friend, staring directly into Tyler’s eyes. Over 15 years of friendship and multiple tag title reigns in multiple companies but this is the first real time they’ve stood on opposite sides of the ring. And Reagan lets out the smallest chuckle fully in disbelief and very much confusion at the situation. In reaction, with his free left hand, TYLER strikes Reagan’s face with a hard slap! Forcing his blank, confused gaze toward him into a gaze of shock and hurt.

TYLER: "Quit laughing and say something, Reagan! Father Mason is giving you an offer you can’t and shouldn’t refuse. Maybe if you won’t listen to Him, you’ll listen to me, your friend. The one who has been there by your side through everything, since the beginning. You don’t want to hear this, but the truth hurts. You really have become quite a selfish asshole."

Still in disbelief hearing this from his friend, Reagan just bites his bottom lip and looks down at the ground, convincing himself that this is still some stupid kind of brainwashed mind games from Jeffry. But is it? Or is it the truth?

TYLER: "What happened to the Reagan who used to be my friend? What happened to the guy who used to be my partner, who won tag team gold together? Or was that Reagan all just a lie, just someone who never saw me as any more than a comedy sidekick? You have a chance to make this all right, Reagan. Father Mason can save you if you let him, just like he saved me. All you need to do is come be with us, follow his leadership, and you can stop being this narcissistic prick and go back to being the Reagan who was like a big brother to me."

Reagan looks back up at TYLER, the words clearly stinging just as intended as his cold eyes slowly start to lose its facade.

TYLER: "You have until the next Meltdown, Reagan, to give Father Mason your answer. I know you’ll give the right answer. And if you don’t, it’s been a while since I’ve seen Sarah. Maybe we’ll have to pop in an-"

Okay that’s enough for Reagan to jump forward, dropping the microphone but grabbing TYLER by the shirt pulling him towards Reagan.

Anzu Kurosawa: "Oh that’s a no go!"

Rod Sterling: "Yup, we know how much Reagan genuinely cares about his family so this may not be the best idea!"

The hurt in Reagan’s face still lingers, but for the first time, there are clear signs of anger as well, his fists possibly never closed so tightly. Behind the duo, Mason only smiles a sinister smile, seemingly proud that his new protege has learned his methods so effectively.

Reagan Cole: "Listen to me, you place a fucking hand on Sarah, I will fucking put you in the hospital, do you hear me? I don’t care who you are to me, you don’t go there, you know that, you bastard! Don’t make me do this!"

The words said with venom caught by TYLER’s microphone as we see Reagan arguably at his boiling point with TYLER. And in response TYLER pulls a smile at his former friend before shoving Reagan off. Reagan goes to what it looks like grab TYLER again but both TYLER and Jeffry back up now with the full knowledge that they’re in Reagan’s head.

Jeffry Mason: "We’ll see you soon, Reagan. Oh and, uh, good luck in your match."

With that Jeffry drops the mic and the two men exit the ring as Reagan is staring a hole through both of them but as Jeffry and TYLER jump the barricade and make their way out of the arena through the crowd, they are put on the back burner by the blaring sound of "[/b][/color]Army of The Night"[/b][/color]

]

The third theme of the night erupts the crowd as the strobe lights flash through the entire arena giving momentarily spotlights to everyone there but one person- make two peoples spotlight is more important than the rest as it is emphasized with a mighty cackle cutting through the music.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "His opponent, accompanied by Epsilon, weighing in at 215 pounds! "The Mad Wizard!"[/b][/color] KONCHUUU HAO!"[/b][/color]

And with that sparkling introduction, Konchu and his trusty minion appear! Konchu with his arms outstretched to the crowd, at his knees, the always energetic, always loyal Epsilon following his master with visible pride.

Rod Sterling: "Well we haven’t seen this guy in a small bit, Konchu Hao, last time we saw him was his X Title match with Alyster Black!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "That was an insane match and Konchu could be using this opportunity to get back into the chase which personally I would love to see."

Rod Sterling: "Konchu of course being a master of the mind games and with what we just saw, Reagan could be a hell of a test subject here tonight as these two Ground Zero Season 2 Alumni go at it."

Reagan Cole is in the far corner, clearly a bit shaken but trying to psych himself up nevertheless as Konchu gets into the ring and stands on the second rope in the lower left corner of the ring. Epsilon climbing himself up to pose next to his friend and master. You could say this was a master vs master match but that’s breaking the 4th wall a bit too much. Konchu’s laugh is heard all around the arena before he eventually gets down, obviously helping Epsilon jump down as well before patting his buddy on the head. The lights return to normal as Epsilon leaves the ring and two men that could never meet beforehand because of the brand split now get the opportunity to. It’s Hao vs Cole, Winner of Ground Zero vs Runner Up, Team Ramon Explodes for like the 4th time, let’s do this. The bell rings.

]FIRST MATCH - 1/20
Konchu Hao v Reagan Cole.
Singles Match.
Match Writer: SS.​

The opening exchanges of the match are a technical affair, with Reagan Cole getting the best of three separate exchanges, which include a series of hold reversals, before Hao is forced to scramble to the ropes in an STF, a single leg Boston crab, and finally an arm bar. It looks like they're going to come together in a fourth exchange of holds, with Anzu on commentary wondering if it's sensible for Konchu to do so and Rod quoting Einstein on insanity, but the Mad Wizard changes tact at the last moment and hits an STO on Cole! Konchu applies a front face lock and wrenches Cole over with a snap suplex, only for the Apprentice to thrust a shoulder up at one.

Konchu Hao follows up with Mongolian chops, and what follows is a series of dominance for the Mad Wizard. He controls the pace with a series of strikes (mostly Mongolian chops, knife edge chops, and crushing forearm strikes), and punctuates these attacks with some more grapple and power moves, earning further one-counts for an inverted DDT and a fisherman's suplex, before finally earning his first two count after a leaping clothesline followed by a back suplex.

Konchu applies a grounded side headlock, but Cole is able to rouse himself and begins to fight up to his feet. He backs Hao up into the ropes before flinging him into the opposite set, earning some separation from the side headlock in the process. Hao goes for a clothesline, which Cole ducks, and then the Apprentice hits the turning Hao with a boot to the midsection. Reagan hits the ropes and connects with a swinging neckbreaker! Konchu rolls under the bottom rope after the move and cranks his neck on the outside, but he turns to see Cole hitting the opposite set of ropes…

Rod Sterling: "Cole with the corkscrew plancha to the outside!! The crowd pops for the aerial attack from the British Apprentice!"

Cole throws Konchu back under the bottom rope and hops into the apron, before hitting a slingshot senton onto the grounded Hao. Cole hooks the leg.

ONE… TWO… NO!

Kickout from Konchu! Reagan hoists Hao up, and it's his turn to connect with some strikes: forearm clubs to the chest, followed by some double underhook knee strikes, and then headbutts! Three headbutts in total! Konchu is backed up, and Regan winds up for a Yakuza duck… Hao evades, and then hits a backdrop driver!! The Mad Wizard hooks the far leg…

ONE… TWO… T – NO!

Reagan kicks out! And immediately Konchu is looking to put Cole in the Black Locust Bite! He already has Cole in the dragon sleeper, and is attempting to put the body scissors on too, only for Reagan to scramble to the bottom rope, which he hooks onto with an outstretched leg! Konchu is forced to release Cole, who uses the ropes to help regain a vertical base, but immediately Hao is on him with a half-dozen Mongolian chops! He grabs Cole's wrist…

Anzu Kurosawa: "There's the ripcord… Konchu Hao is looking to finish this off…"

Rod Sterling: "Baba Vanga's Illumination? No! Ducked beneath by Cole… and there's the Yakuza kick!!!"

Cole is successful with the strike, and Hao slumps back towards the middle of the ring. Reagan winds up for his Cole-Breaker finisher, but Hao is able to sidestep it and transition into a rear waistlock. He looks to wrench Reagan up for a German suplex… go behind by Cole, who then bundles Hao forward with an O'Conner Roll! Shoulders down!

ONE… TWO… … THREE!!

Winner: Reagan Cole via pinfall at 09:26.

Anzu Kurosawa: "He got him! Reagan Cole just pinned Konchu Hao!"

Rod Sterling: "The Mad Wizard gets the shoulder up just after, but the referee had already counted the three! Big win for Cole!"

Konchu Hao spends a moment in frustration, considering remonstrating with the official, but eventually he kicks the ropes and leaves the ring. The referee turns back to Reagan and lifts his arm to the air in victory.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Here is your winner… 'The British Apprentice'... REAGAN COLE!"

Rod Sterling: "An important victory for Cole, too, considering the hardships he's faced recently, particularly regarding the constant interventions of Jeffry Mason and TYLER, formerly known as British Kid."

Anzu Kurosawa: "But not the return that the Mad Wizard would've been hoping for. But perhaps it won't be the last time we see either of these men tonight…"

Cole spends a moment celebrating for the fans on the second turnbuckle before we fade award from De Kuip.

violet.png

Backstage, Chris Peacock is shown walking with his Golden Opportunity briefcase in one hand and his other pulling along a suitcase with a Singapore cane sticking out of it. Katie Baxter approaches him from behind with a microphone in her hand. Peacock does not break stride, looking extremely focused as he is arriving into the arena. Katie struggles to get her words out as she tries to keep up with Peacock.

Katie Baxter: “Chris Peacock, I can only assume that you are here tonight to take part in tonight’s main event, where you will have the chance to capture your first FWA World Championship-”

Chris Peacock: “Not now, Katie.”

Upon being rebuffed, Katie and the cameraman allow Peacock to go and Baxter looks frustrated that she was not able to get an interview with one of the men who will be competing in the main event. A very dirty choking sound is heard and Baxter peers to her left and is immediately appalled by the sight of a man wearing nothing but a bright pink mankini.

Ratin Mikichin: “You want an interview? How about you get an interview with Ratin, because there is something that I want to say!”

Katie shrugs, defeated and dejected and she points the microphone in Ratin’s direction. He looks directly into the camera and points towards it.

Ratin Mikichin: “This is a message for you, Stevie the Techno Vampire! You embarrassed Ratin, and you will pay! I have spoken to the Russnow and this Saturday on Fallout, we will fight again and this time I will bite YOU in the ass!”

Looking deranged into the camera for a few seconds, Ratin lingers for a moment before leaving the scene, and a very confused and frustrated Katie Baxter.

violet.png

Rod Sterling: “Well, moving on with the show, in our next match, we’ll see two teams square off, former tag team champions Bad Reputation take on The Coven.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “That’s right, Rod, on Meltdown, we saw Bad Reputation score a victory over the team that ended their title reign, The Spirit Walkers. Bad Reputation seems to be on its way back to recapture the tag team titles. Still, first, they must face another obstacle placed in front of them, The Coven, who is also fresh off a victory at the last Fallout over the team of MDC and Roderick Vasyl.”

Rod Sterling: “The tag team division has been heating up as of late, and while the champions have a plethora of other priorities currently on their plates, it would be wise of them to be keeping a watchful eye on any potential challengers.”

Katie Lynn-Goldsmith: “The second contest for this evening is a tag team match scheduled for one fall with a 20-minute-time-limit!”

“Bad Reputation” fills De Kuip, and after a few seconds, we see Knox and Gabby make their way out on stage. The duo share a look, nod, and then descend the ramp toward the ring.

Katie Lynn-Goldsmith: “Introducing first, weighing in at a combined weight of 310 lb, the team of Kayden Knox and Gabrielle Montgomery…representing Executive Excellence…Bad Reputation!”

The cover of Hozier’s “Take Me To Church” now plays, and the crowd jeers for the Ravenwood sisters as they make their way out on stage. The sisters pose together before walking down to the ring.

Katie Lynn-Goldsmith: “Introducing their opponents, from Lock Haven, Pennsylvania and weighing in at a combined weight 220 lb…Blair & Celestia Ravenwood…Sisters of the Coven!”

Rod Sterling: “The Coven face their toughest challenge to date in Bad Reputation, they’ve surprised us before, so an upset could be on the horizon for them if they play it right, but BR will do everything in their power to ensure that doesn’t happen.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Conspicuous by her absence is Kleio De Santos, the leader of The Coven, whom we haven’t seen in some months.”

Rod Sterling: “I’m sure she has her reasons for being absent, Anzu, which is also none of our business.”

The referee, Gracelynn Guerrero, checks on the combatants before calling for the bell.

SECOND MATCH - 1/20
BAD REPUTATION (Gabrielle and Kayden Knox) v THE COVEN (Blair Ravenwood and Celestia Ravenwood).
Tag Team Match.
Match Writer: Jimmy.

It’s Celestia Ravenwood starting off with Gabrielle Montgomery, and right away, Celestia locks up with Gabby and spins around into a rear waist lock. Celestia attempts to take Gabby down, but the veteran knows better and throws back an elbow that stops Celestia. Then Gabby takes Celestia by the head and transitions her into a side headlock into a takedown, and then Gabby springs back to her feet and hits a standing moonsault on Celestia. Still, she’s not finished yet, as she quickly follows up with a standing leg drop and makes the first pin attempt!

One…NO!

Celestia gets a shoulder up, and Gabby immediately applies a headlock to the younger Ravenwood. Celestia is desperately trying to reach out to her older sister, who is leaning over the ropes trying to reach out to her sister, but it’s to no avail. Celestia tries to power her way out of the hold and musters up enough strength to drive a few back elbows into Gabby’s midsection. Celestia then shoves Gabby off into the ropes, but Gabby hangs on. Celestia charges forward but Gabby counters by flipping her over behind her. Still, luckily Celestia can land on the apron, and she drills Gabby from behind with a forearm strike to the back of the head! Gabby is stunned and stumbles forward before turning around right into a springboard dropkick by Celestia! Celestia makes the tag to her sister Blair; the sisters take Gabby by the wrist and send her to the ropes off the rebound; they connect with an in-stereo clothesline!

Anzu Kurosawa: “Great teamwork on display by the Ravenwood sisters; they’re showing that they can hang with the best of them!”

Rod Sterling: “Gabrielle certainly qualifies as the best of them!”

Blair drags Gabby to another corner, and she begins to choke Gabby with her boot as the referee makes the count, and before she reaches five, Blair removes her boot from Gabby’s throat. Blair goes for an irish whip on Gabby into the opposite corner, but Gabby counters with her own and sends Blair sternum first into the corner! Blair stumbles backward right into a bridging german suplex!

One…TW-NO!

Blair, with a shoulder up, and Gabby tags in Knox as she places Blair in the corner, and the former champions double team Blair with a pair of boots in the corner. Knox takes Blair in a front facelock, drags her away from the corner and strikes Blair with a forearm to the face and then a kick to the midsection, but Blair catches Knox by surprise as she has caught him by the foot and takes him down with a dragon screw leg whip! Knox is quickly back on his feet and attempts a clothesline on Blair, but Blair ducks and catches Knox from behind with a roll-up!

One…two…NO!

Anzu Kurosawa: “It appears that Knox wasn’t expecting that type of offense from Blair, but she made sure to make him pay for it.”

Knox seems a bit taken aback as Blair rolls over to her corner to tag her sister back in the match, and Celestia climbs up top and leaps off right into the arms of Knox, who catches her with ease, and he brings her down to the canvas with a power slam! Then with a lateral press, Knox hooks the far leg…

One…two…THREE-NO!

Knox tags Gabby back as he takes Celestia by the hair, eliciting a yelp of pain from the young Ravenwood, and Gabby hits a forearm strike to Celestia and then holds Celestia by the head and drives repeated knees to the skull! Gabby sends Celestia off to the ropes, but Celestia hangs on and rolls underneath a spinning heel kick by Gabby, and she catches Gabby with a roll-up!

One…two…THREE-NO!

Gabby kicks out, and Celestia leaps over to her corner to tag in Blair; as Gabby tags in Knox, Blair, and Knox charge at each other with Blair ducking a clothesline from Knox, and she takes him by the wrist and goes for an irish whip but Knox counters and sends Blair to the corner. However, Blair catches herself, wraps her legs around Knox’s neck, and then knocks him back with a mule kick! Blair climbs up top and leaps off with a crossbody, but again like her sister, Knox catches her mid-air; unlike her sister, Blair counters and transitions into a DDT on Knox! Knox’s head bounces off the mat, and he’s trying to compose himself as he’s getting back on his feet when Blair rolls him up from behind!

One…two…three!

Winner: The Coven via pinfall at 13:01.

There's a pop for the perhaps surprise flash pin, the newcomers getting the better of the tag team champions and Kayden Knox clearly frustrated at having his shoulders pinned for three.

Rod Sterling: "Huge win there for The Coven in only their second match here in the FWA… that's two wins out of two for the Ravenwoods!"

Kayden has rolled out of the ring, where he converses with Gabrielle, who clutches her ribs after the exertions of the match. Both are visibly agitated regarding the result of the match. Meanwhile, in the ring, the official lifts the Coven's hand in victory.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Here are your winners… Blair and Celestia Ravenwood… The Coven!!"

We cut back to outside of the ring, where Kayden is helping to support Gabrielle's weight as they stagger around the ring… and pass by a peculiar group of spectators…

Sat in the front row, just behind the railings, are six people wearing hot pink tracksuits and - bizarrely - replica Alyster Black masks. They are all stood up with their arms folded as Bad Reputation wandered past. The more perceptive amongst you will remember that these seven seats were empty at the start of the show, and reserved for the family of Michelle von Horrowitz...

Kayden pauses momentarily next to this group of familiar (though masked) spectators. His eyes trace up the length of the foremost amongst them, pausing as he gets to the tentacles protruding from beneath the replica Black mask…

… and the tentacled man unloads a serving of pink mist into Kayden's eyes!!!

Rod Sterling: "What the – ?! Is that?! It must be!!"

The assailant whips off his mask to reveal, of course, Uncle J.J. JAY!, and his Nephews soon follow suit.

Anzu Kurosawa: "Uncle J.J. JAY! And a large subset of Cthulhu's Nephews!!"

The Nephews hop the barricade, with Gabrielle stumbling unsupported now, and Knox staggering around thanks to the mist. Maid of Death takes the Goddess by the wrist and sends her into the steel ring steps with an Irish whip! Harry, meanwhile, has hopped into the steel ring steps, before leaping off and connecting with a jumping tornado DDT on Knox!

Uncle, Thomas, Quiet, and NOE-I, meanwhile, have climbed up onto the apron on separate sides of the ring. The Coven stand back to back inside it, staring out at their would-be attackers. Quiet and NOE-I attack first, with the masked man (he was wearing it beneath his Black replica mask) taken out by a spinning heel kick from Celestia and Blair knocking the Avatar over with a dropkick… but the numbers then catch up to them. West blasts the rising Celestia with a huge pounce, knocking her half-way across the ring, whilst Uncle grasps Blair in a single-handed chokehold before delivering a chokeslam!

Rod Sterling: "Cthulhu's Nephews, who are NOT booked on this show, are out here laying waste to the FWA tag team division!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Important to remember that two more members of this group, our tag team champions Michelle von Horrowitz and Gerald Grayson, are due to compete later tonight against the Lumberjacks… and that they have the Mile High Massacre match on the horizon, too."

Uncle and his crew spend a moment celebrating their swift devastation in the ring, before leaving one by one and marching up the ramp.

Rod Sterling: "Indeed… perhaps this is a message before that cage match, considering these two teams are likely to be a part of it. But do you think both Michelle and Gerald are in on this?!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Seems unlikely…"

The camera shows each of the four felled competitors staring up the ramp as the Nephews spend one more moment reveling on the stage. We fade away.

violet.png

Meltdown continues on and as it does the stadium suddenly goes dark and all attention is brought to the video tron above the entrance stage as a video starts to play.

The screen then fades into black and the lights in the stadium come back on leaving the crowd to question what exactly the messages mean in the video.

Rod Sterling: "What in the hell…..?!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Don’t look at me, I have no clue what that is suppose to mean."

The music begins to play inside De Kuip and the FWA fans rise in support for the man known as Monstruo del Circo - or just simply ‘MDC’. The violent clown shoots out some gang signs as he walks out from the back and makes his way towards the ring, using his position as the center of attention to get the fans going.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “The following contest is scheduled for one fall with a twenty minute time limit! Introducing first, on his way to the ring, from Mendoza, Argentina and weighing in at two-hundred… he is Monstruo del Cirrrrrccooooo… M! D! C!”

Rod Sterling: “Tonight the fans here in Rotterdam will get to see MDC in singles action for the first time in the FWA, after he made his debut in tag team action back in the Freetown on Fallout 021, where he teamed with fellow newcomer Roderick Vasyl in a losing effort against The Coven. Those Ravenwood sisters of course built on that victory when they were victorious over Bad Reputation on the other side of the commercial break.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Obviously things didn’t click for MDC when he teamed up with Vasyl, and looking at him and from what we know, it doesn’t surprise me that he does not play well with others, Rod. This is a man who seems very comfortable with violence and inflicting pain on others - and I like that!”

Rod Sterling: “That does seem right down your street, Anzu! We’re yet to see how MDC’s opponent will be able to deal with his particular brand of violence, but MDC is going to be in for a tough time as he looks to get his first victory in the FWA.”

MDC enters the ring and continues to throw up his gang signs to the crowd, some of whom attempt some back. He settles in a corner and leans against the turnbuckle as the lights dim.

The fans who were in approval of MDC show their scorn towards his opponent, and Shawn Summers walks out from the back and he pauses on the stage. Unlike on Meltdown XXI, ‘Der Bastard’ is allowing himself to enjoy some of his entrance and he waits for Lana to invite everyone to ride before making his way towards the ring.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “His opponent, from Laguna Beach, California and weighing in tonight at two-hundred and twenty-five pounds… he is ‘Der Bastard’… SHAWN SUMMMMMMERRRRSSSSSS!!”

Rod Sterling: “Shawn Summers returned to winning ways on Meltdown XXI, after losing his FWA Television Championship at Lights Out when he completely decimated Preston Sterling in very short order. What the real talking point was though is what happened after the match, where Summers threatened legal action against the FWA for transgressions that he believes have been carried out against him.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Summers feels cheated by the official of his match at Lights Out against Phillip A. Jackson and he threatened to derail the entire show until all of his demands were met!”

Rod Sterling: “It was only when Jon Russnow promised an investigation into Joey Ortiz’s conduct that Summers finally relented. If my sources are to be believed, Jon Russnow will be speaking on his findings this Saturday on Fallout.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “It surprised me how not only Jon Russnow stood up to Summers, but the restraint shown by ‘Der Bastard’. For the time being at least, it looks like he’s playing ball.”

‘Cola’ continues to serenade Summers as he climbs onto the apron and he stands on the second turnbuckle from the apron and he takes in the atmosphere inside the arena. When Summers gets into the ring, he casts his eyes on his opponent and grins. MDC has to be held back by official Larry Stevens, who is in the middle of this one.

THIRD MATCH - 1/20
Shawn Summers v MDC.
Singles Match.
Match Writer: Man.

There is no opportunity for a cheap shot to get things immediately underway for Summers, unlike his previous match. MDC is the one initially on the offensive, and he swings for Summers, but Shawn expertly dodges it, however an elbow being swung back by MDC hits the mark before Summers could mount a counter. MDC connects with a couple of jabs to Shawn’s face and then throws up some more of his gang signs before he goes for a big punch, but Summers reacts quickest with a rake to the eyes!

Anzu Kurosawa: “Shawn Summers never met a shortcut that he wouldn’t take, Rod!!”

The crowd show their displeasure at the blatant cheating by Summers, who sensed that MDC could have overwhelmed him had he not cut his opponent off so abruptly. Summers follow up with a Clothesline that knocks MDC down to the mat, and Monstruo del Circo actually rolls out of the ring following the impact and he holds the back of his head. Summers gets frustrated when the official attempts to stop him also leaving the ring, so Shawn has to juke Davis and he climbs out through the ropes as well.

The momentary delay for Summers in getting past the referee was sufficient enough for MDC to correct himself and as a result he is able to meet Summers with a kick to the midsection once ‘Der Bastard’ is on the floor with him. This doubles Shawn over and MDC then grabs him by the head and he bounces Shawn’s face off of the ring apron! The fans get behind MDC as he shows off his brawling skills, and he goes to follow up by sending Summers into the ring post with an Irish Whip - but Summers turns it around and MDC collides with the ring post instead!

Rod Sterling: “MDC tried to draw Shawn Summers out of the ring there and get involved in a street fight of sorts! Shawn Summers said ‘no thank you’, and he turns the tables on Monstruo del Circo!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “With all of his personality flaws, it is easy to forget that Shawn Summers is actually an extremely accomplished competitor in the ring and does represent one of the most formidable challenges for anyone on the roster.”

Summers wastes no time in picking his opponent up from the floor and rolling him into the ring, and he gets straight on top of him for a pin attempt, hooking the far leg tightly;

ONE… TWO-NO!!

MDC shows some of his fight, but his kicking out of the move only draws the ire of Shawn Summers further. Summers lifts MDC up from the mat and delivers a textbook Double Underhook Suplex! Summers keeps his grip around MDC’s arms and takes him over with another one! With his grip maintained, Summers gets MDC up again and then completes the trifecta!

Not going for the pin this time, Summers takes a moment to scowl at the crowd as MDC shuffles back and settles against the bottom turnbuckle. The fans boo Summers loudly and he shakes his head, doing his best to block them out. Summers slaps himself in the side of the head in order to keep himself focused, and then sets himself up in the opposite corner from where MDC is situated. Summers appears to curse the reaction he is getting under his breath and then looks to charge in with THE BEE’S KNEES - MDC avoids contact!

Rod Sterling: “Great evasion from MDC there to avoid those Bee’s Knees from Summers - and again he’s going to look to take things out of the ring where he is more comfortable.”

Dipping under the bottom rope to avoid the knees, MDC quickly rolls back into the ring and grabs the smarting Summers from behind and he takes him over with a German Suplex! With ‘Der Bastard’ planted on the back of his head and down as a result, MDC takes a moment to clear his own head and then brings Summers back up from the mat and places his head in between his legs. He throws up some more gang signs and makes a rotating motion with his hands and he looks to finish Summers off with the CLOWN KILLER - But Summers Back Body Drops MDC out of it!

With his opponent down on the mat, an enraged Summers gets on top of MDC and starts punching him repeatedly in the face. Blitzkrieg breaks down MDC’s block and soon Summers is just pounding on his opponent’s face with no resistance and Richard Davis gets in between them and pulls Summers away and looks to be about to call the match but Summers then ducks past him and boots MDC in the face with a Penalty Kick. MDC is limp as Summers picks him up… and then he drives him head-first into the mat with MIDSOMMAR!! Summers flips MDC over and presses his shoulders down on the mat.

ONE… TWO… THREE!!!

Winner: Shawn Summers via pin fall at 4:32

The crowd show their disappointment in Summers picking up another dominant victory to go with the one he picked up on Meltdown XXI. ‘Der Bastard’ slowly rises to his feet and has his arm raised this time around and he smirks out to the Rotterdam crowd.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “Here is your winner… SHAWN SUMMERS!”

Rod Sterling: “Well, MDC provided more of a challenge for Shawn Summers than his previous opponent, but the result stays the same and it is another victory for ‘Der Bastard’, who is on a tear after losing the Television Championship last month and Lights Out, Anzu.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “A dominant display again from Shawn Summers, although MDC gave a good go of it and showed us a glimpse of what he is capable of. However, it is another win for Shawn Summers, who is boasting an impressive record since Back in Business. Oh, what’s this?”

There is a bit of commotion from the fans as someone has walked out from the back, with Summers not yet noticing them. Jon Russnow stands with his arms folded, looking at the man who has caused him a fair deal of trouble in the last few weeks.

Rod Sterling: “Jon Russnow! We saw him come out here to deal with Shawn Summers in London and stop his tirade and threats to put the show on hold, is he here to ensure that ‘Der Bastard’ plays ball once again?”

Summers finally notices the Brand Consultant on the stage and shakes his head, before he walks towards the ropes and leaves the ring. Russnow observes Summers as he walks up the ramp, with ‘Der Bastard’ seemingly compliant and not wanting to put the show on pause again.

Rod Sterling: “This Saturday on Fallout, Jon Russnow will reveal the preliminary findings of his review into what happened at Lights Out, and I think Summers knows that he needs to be on his best behaviour to ensure a favourable outcome.”

The camera stays on Summers as he walks past Russnow, and it catches a small smirk forming in the corner of his mouth before he disappears behind the curtain and we fade away.

violet.png

The show cuts to the backstage interview area where Katie Baxter is standing by with “The Wildcard” Jason Randall. Randall is wearing a black t-shirt with the FWA logo plastered on its front and center and jeans and black boots.

Katie Baxter: “Jason, I’ve been told you asked for this time; is that correct?”

Jason Randall: “Yes, that’s correct, you’re a smart cookie; nothing gets past you, Katie. I asked for this time to address something. Something that I feel like I need to get off my chest. It’s something that has got under my skin as of late, and apparently, I don’t have a lot of time because I’ve only been given an allotted amount of time, which is what? A minute? Two minutes if they’re being generous, but let me tell you, they’ve been anything but generous to me lately.”

Katie Baxter: “What do you mean? Who are you referring to?”

Jason Randall: “I thought it would be obvious, but I guess you’re not as smart as I thought; no offense, but who I’m referring to is the big wigs, the so-called geniuses that run this joint that can’t seem to get their heads out of their asses and figure out how to run a goddamn wrestling show! What I mean by that is that they can’t find time for someone like me to have a match, but they can give a spot to a couple of bums like Steve the Techno Vampire and Ratin Mikichin?”

That’s what it comes to now? Are comedy acts getting booked over actual wrestlers? I know that I’ve been stuck in a rut. I’ve been in a rough patch, things haven’t panned out like I would’ve liked, but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be booked.

Katie is about to answer, but Randall stops her.

Jason Randall: “That’s a rhetorical question, you don’t need to answer it, and that would be wasting whatever time I’ve been given for this interview. I see the guy behind the cameraman giving me the signal to wrap it up, but I’ll wrap it up when I’m good and ready, and you can tell whoever it is in your ear to wrap this up that they can kiss my ass, got it? Good.”

“I know that this is unexpected of me to do something like this because usually, I’m the nice guy, I’m laid back, I’m carefree, but you know what? I’m tired of playing the nice guy card. I’m tired of having to pretend. I have never been, nor have I ever claimed to be one. Long-time FWA fans know what I’m capable of, and they know I’m not a nice guy. The other Katie knows firsthand that I’m not a nice guy. Everybody just got this perceived notion of me and thought I turned a new leaf, but it’s all been a ruse, okay? I’m tired of hiding it.”

“I’m also tired of the disrespect I’m being shown by not getting placed in a match. After everything I’ve done for this business and this company, this is the thanks that I get in return? Fuck that!”

Randall is cut-off by someone walking onto the set; as the camera pans out, it’s revealed to be OMBHAUSEN.

Jason Randall: “Excuse me, but who the hell are you?”

OMBHAUSEN: “YOU SWORE! I HEARD YOU! YOU SAID A SWEAR, SO FOR THAT, I SHALL CURSE YOU!”

OMBHAUSEN points at Randall, but The Wildcard isn’t in the mood to play games, and he takes OMBHAUSEN by the wrist and snaps it back! Randall then takes OMBHAUSEN by the head and sends him into a wall! Randall then drags OMBHAUSEN near a table, sets him up, and hits DEUCES ON OMBHAUSEN through the table! Randall isn't finished though and he drags OMBHAUSEN out of the rubble of the table and he locks in a bulldog choke on OMBHAUSEN! OMBHAUSEN is clearly out of it and unresponsive while officials and other personnel arrive on the scene to remove Randall while OMBHAUSEN is tended to by medical staff...

violet.png

There's a small pop for the Lumberjacks as they wander out on the stage, stomping around at the top of the ramp and attempting to whip the crowd up. They aren't particularly used to this tandem of newcomers, though, and as a result the reaction perhaps isn't as strong as the Lumberjacks would've wished. Undeterred, they begin their walk to the ring.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Ladies and gentlemen, the following tag team contest is scheduled for one-fall, with a twenty minute time limit. Introducing first… Doug and Dan LuPone… THE LUMBERJACKS!!"

Rod Sterling: "Here come one of the newest pairings in the FWA, the brothers LuPone, who bounced back from disappointment at The Secular Spooktacular with a win last week against Kung Fu Karl and Jimmy Boom Boom."

Anzu Kurosawa: "They did indeed, but they're in for a much tougher challenge this week. In only their second match here in the FWA, the Lumberjacks prepare to take on the FWA World Tag Team Champions… and you've got to believe that a win here would entitle them to a shot at those belts, even before the upcoming Mile High Massacre match."

Rod Sterling: "A very big if though, Anzu, even if the champions haven't really been on the same page as of late."

The Lumberjacks are in their corner loosening up as their music fades out, and it's soon replaced by…

There's a huge pop for the start of the champions' theme song, which sustains as the intro builds and finally explodes as Michelle von Horrowitz and Gerald Grayson walk out onto the stage. Considering we are in her hometown, and she is enjoying the most favourable support she has has ever received in any stadium ever, Michelle looks reasonably nonplussed as she side eyes her surroundings. Uncle walks out onto the stage behind Michelle, and pats her on the back as she continues to survey the arena. Grayson is already halfway down the ramp as MvH begins her descent, ignoring the hundreds of hands that are outstretched in hopes of touching Rotterdam's finest export…

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "And their opponents… representing Cthulhu's Nephews and accompanied to the ring by Uncle J.J. JAY!, from Raleigh, North Carolina, Gerald Grayson… and from Rotterdam in the Netherlands…"

If possible, the crowd gets even louder.

Katie Lynn-Goldsmith: Michelle von Horrowitz… they are The Connection!"

Rod Sterling: "Just LISTEN to this arena! Feyenoord are renowned, I'm reliably informed, for their riotous home game atmosphere, and we're getting a taste of that here on Meltdown XXII!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Michelle is so used to playing the villain that she seems a little bemused at the reaction that she must have been expecting. Gerald Grayson, who is used to such applause, makes a beeline for the ring, maybe allowing Michelle to soak it all up?"

Rod Sterling: "Or maybe another indication that MvH and GG aren't exactly on the same page right now? Will be interesting to see if they can get on the same page here tonight against the Lumberjacks."

Von Horrowitz has joined Grayson in the ring, Uncle electing to stay outside of it and give the Connection the stage. He applauds the champions as their music fades out, the official beginning his final checks. But before he can conclude them, Michelle calls over the top rope and collects a microphone from Goldsmith.

Anzu Kurosawa: "Looks like Michelle von Horrowitz has something to say…"

Rod Sterling: "Makes a change."

Von Horrowitz stands in the middle of the ring, and if she intended on waiting for the crowd to quieten down she'd be waiting a long time. Instead, she's forced to talk over them, struggling to project her voice over the volume of their cheers even with her microphone.

MvH: "Tulips, it feels… strange... to be here."

The raucous 'MvH' chant continues, and the camera cuts to Gerald, who we catch shaking his head slightly before continuing to loosen up in his corner. He doesn't appear to be listening to his partner's words.

MvH: "I know that you're all here for wrestling, and that I'm delaying you all from enjoying the one specific wrestler that you all paid your hard-earned money for tonight… but the recent announcements of Jon Russnow and the spineless rat Jean-Luc Watkins mustn't be ignored entirely."

We momentarily flit to the Lumberjacks, who don’t seem best pleased about the delay to their match, and are sort of scowling at each other inbetween side-eye glances.

MvH: "Not only is my victory over the Roman, who found he didn’t truly have the stomach for war afterall, now being disregarded entirely from this tournament’s records, but I am also now tasked with preparing for an unknown mystery opponent in forty eight hours time. Now, you all know me, tulips: I’m not one to complain. But which addled imitation of a mind thought this up? Was it the starry-eyed hack Russnow, whose proclivity towards utterly random decisions - brazen in their lack of logic - is an experiment in chaos theory that even Thomas West finds mind-boggling? Or was it the coward Jean-Luc, who cannot now even look me in the eye, and so seeks to plant the knife between my shoulder blades without granting me the dubious honour of his gaze? Chaos or cowardice, or a mixture of the two."

If only I could be comforted with thoughts of this heroic reign, which is only now in its infancy. But I have looked out over the kingdom that we conquered, and I wept at its pathetic scope, and at the limited nature of its occupants’ thinking. Earlier tonight, those who fly the same flag that I fly proved that The Coven and Bad Reputation are nothing for us to worry about. Hell, we’ve proved that about Gabrielle and her mongrel already. And I don't mean to dismiss our opponents tonight, who - judging from their attire - are either a pair of lumberjacks or early twenty-first century middle-aged British men. I'm sure they worked hard to be here. But… well, this doesn’t give me confidence about our Mile High Massacre sequel. Remember last year?"[/b][/color]

Von Horrowitz pauses again, and shakes her head wistfully. Gerald is now leaning against the ropes, frustration and impatience showing upon his face again.

MvH: "We had the Gang Stars, we had Saint Sulley and the little man, we had the New Breed and Deathswitch Initiative… we even had Golden Rock, removing their masks in a fit of pageantry that I would’ve been proud of. But, unless those Ravenwood sisters plan on ripping their faces off to reveal Sunrise/Sunset, I don’t know, tulips… maybe it’s just m –"

Michelle doesn’t get a chance to finish the thought, as Dan LuPone runs through her with a big boot! The microphone flies out of her hand and she hits the mat! Gerald, shocked, looks up and expects to see Doug charging at him… but the other LuPone brother is standing on the apron, holding the tag rope. Grayson shrugs, and climbs out onto the apron himself, whilst Dan hoists Michelle up to her feet. The official, content that everyone is now in position, calls for the bell…

FOURTH MATCH - 1/20
THE CONNECTION (Gerald Grayson and Michelle von Horrowitz) v THE LUMBERJACKS (Doug LuPone and Dan LuPone).
Tag Team Match.
Match Writer: SS.

Rod Sterling: "An unconventional start, there, with Dan LuPone interrupting Michelle von Horrowitz’s microphone time by delivering a big boot… and now he follows up with some clubbing forearms!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Listen to this crowd, Dan! I don’t think they enjoyed that interruption and they’re letting the LuPones know it!"

The Dutch crowd is indeed hammering down on Dan LuPone as he continues to work away at Michelle in the corner, hitting some overhand chops and then driving his shoulder into her gut. He then hoists Michelle onto his shoulder in a powerslam position, but instead throws her face-first onto the turnbuckle with Snake Eyes! Michelle staggers to the mat and tries to crawl towards Gerald, but before she has chance to do so she’s hurled into the opposite corner, where the tag is made to Doug. Doug enters the ring and puts Michelle in a bearhug, maybe looking to throw her across the ring with a belly-to-belly suplex. Dreamer wants none of it, and first she rocks Doug with an elbow strike to the top of the head… and then a second… and a third! Doug holds onto the bearhug, though, intent on getting off his suplex, until Michelle rakes the eyes! Doug’s massive body is between MvH and the official, but he still sees the Lumberjack reaching for his face and complaining loudly about his vision. He admonishes Dreamer, but she instantly goes to work. She grabs Doug by the hand and yanks him towards her, as if going for an Irish whip, but as Doug passes her she takes him down with a drop toe hold! Michelle hits the ropes and connects with a low dropkick to the side of Doug’s head as he gets up onto all fours!

Rod Sterling: "Smart gameplan by MvH, looking to use her own pace and Doug’s own momentum against him. She’s not going to be hitting any power moves tonight, and will have to rely on other means."

Anzu Kurosawa: "And now she tags in Gerald Grayson, who comes into the ring for the first time of the match. Important to note that the Daredevil is outmatched in the strength and power category, also. This one is a real clash of styles: speed meets strength!"

Grayson is working away on Doug with strikes as he gets to his feet, mostly kicks aimed at the lower half of LuPone’s body. When Doug is finally up, Gerald runs past him to the ropes, before connecting with a low dropkick of his own to LuPone’s knees. Doug manages to keep his feet, but he’s turned around and in prone position for a chop block from Gerald! He stumbles down, and the Daredevil is quick to roll under the bottom rope, standing up on the apron. Doug steps up to his feet as Gerald springboards in off the top rope, connecting with a dropkick! Doug finally goes down to the mat, and Grayson picks up a leg, attempting to turn Doug LuPone over with a single-leg Boston crab. LuPone is a hefty boy, though, and GG can’t seem to turn him. Eventually, Doug starts to fight out with a series of right hands, and then he kicks out with his free leg and makes contact with Grayson’s face. Gerald stumbles back and Doug quickly flights to his feet, before clattering into GG with a shoulder block! The Daredevil is sent flying across the ring, landing in a heap in the Lumberjacks’ corner!

Doug tags in his brother, and what follows is a period of five or six minutes of dominance for the Lumberjacks, punctuated by frequent tags with the brothers cordoning off the ring and keeping Gerald sundered in their half of it. They use their size to wear Grayson down, first with a sleeper hold from Dan (all-the-while keeping his weight pressed on top of Grayson to further fatigue him) and then a lengthy bearhug from Doug. Grayson rallies for a moment in the sleeper, but after gaining separation is the victim of a huge clothesline from Dan that turns him inside out, and when he again begins to surge in energy in the bearhug, Doug simply decides to throw him across the ring with the belly-to-belly he tried on Michelle earlier in the match. This earns Doug a two-count, and the Lumberjacks earn a few of them in this period of isolating Gerald: once after a spin-kick and then later after a delayed vertical suplex from Doug, and also following a clawhold-biel throw and a fallaway slam from Dan.

Rod Sterling: "Impressive resilience on display from Gerald Grayson, but you’ve got to question how much of this prolonged assault from the Lumberjacks he can put up with…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Michelle von Horrowitz waits patiently to be reintroduced to the match-up. It sounds as if this Rotterdam audience is more eager for her to get into the match than she is…"

After Gerald kicks out of a second fallaway slam from Dan LuPone, LuPone hoists him up to his feet and looks to then lift him for a third… this time, though, Gerald is able to slip out the back. Dan turns around and Grayson goes for a boot to the midsection, only for Dan to catch his foot… and so GG connects with an enziguri! Dan is staggered, and Gerald turns away from him to try and reach for Michelle. LuPone gets his wits about him, though, and grasps GG in a rear waistlock. Grayson hits a handful of elbow strikes to the side of Dan’s head, and then goes behind into a rear waistlock of his own… before wrenching Dan LuPone up and over with a deadlift German suplex!!

Rod Sterling: "Impressive strength on display by Gerald Grayson!!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Daredevil’s been working out!!"

Grayson considers going for a cover, but instead decides he’s better served crawling over towards his partner… and he makes the tag to Michelle! She hops over the top rope as Dan tags in Doug on the opposite side of the ring, and there’s a huge reaction for her as she charges at the Lumberjack. She hits him with a shotgun dropkick, knocking him back into his own corner, and then whips him hard into her own. Doug hits the turnbuckles with impact and bounces back towards MvH, who runs through him with a busaiku knee kick! Doug is wiped off his feet, and Michelle goes for a cover…

ONE… TWO… THR – NO!

Broken up by Dan LuPone! He lifts Michelle up and applies a front face lock, attempting to wrench her up with a suplex. But after lifting her up off her feet, Grayson - who has climbed back into the ring - grabs Michelle by the shorts and pulls her back down to the ground, before applying a front facelock of his own on the opposite side of Dan to Michelle… and the Connection succeed in dragging the big man over with the snap suplex!! Dan rolls out of the ring under the bottom rope, and Grayson is first up, noticing that Doug has climbed to his feet. He charges at the bigger man, looking to clothesline him over the top rope, but Doug ducks it and lifts him over instead with a big back body drop! Grayson lands on his feet on the apron, but is nailed with a right hand from Doug which sends him to his knees.

Doug, the legal man, turns to face Michelle, and notices that she's using the ropes to help heraeld up, holding her back after wrenching his brother up with GG for the double suplex. He senses that maybe she's prone, and hits the opposite set of ropes…

At that moments, Michelle grabs the official, saying her back needs some medical attention… and Uncle uses the opportunity to reach under the bottom rope and grab the charging Doug's legs! The Lumberjack face-plants the mat, and it takes him a few moments to climb back up… which has allowed Gerald to regain his vertical base on the apron…

Rod Sterling: "EXTREME IMPACT!!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Gerald Grayson takes his head off with the slingshot clothesline!! And he's not done there… he sees Dan LuPone on his feet on the outside…"

Rod Sterling: "SPRINGBOARD CROSSBODY!!"

Gerald sprawls onto the floor alongside Dan LuPone, whilst inside the ring Doug lies on his back. Michelle is busy scaling the ropes, her back now a lot better it seems, and she steadies herself on the top turnbuckle… before connecting with the 450 splash!! She hooks the far leg…

ONE… TWO… THREE!!

Winners: The Connection via pinfall at 11:06.

Michelle climbs up to her feet as Gerald rolls back into the ring. The Daredevil is a little more sluggish and slow to rise given his recent aerial exploits, but eventually he does so and the Connection allow the official to lift their hands in victory.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Here are your winners… the Connection!!"

Uncle arrives in the ring and hands the victors their championship belts.

Rod Sterling: "The audience here in Rotterdam are happy with this result, as are the champions, but you've got to think the Lumberjacks will be angry when they watch this one back. The manner of losing there, with Uncle involving himself in the climactic moments, won't sit right with Doug or Dan LuPone."

Anzu Kurosawa: "I question how much Gerald Grayson knew of what happened, there, given that he was busy scraping himself up off the ring apron after that right hand from Dan LuPone. Or was that Doug? Anyway, I'd imagine he won't be best pleased about the manner of victory there either, in hindsight…"

In the ring, though, Gerald is happy with the W, and allows Uncle to lift his and Michelle's hands again, with their title belts raised in the other.

violet.png

A commercial airs promoting the upcoming Fight Night: Final 4 airs, featuring semi-final matches from the F1 Climaxxx.

violet.png

Backstage, we open up on Cthulhu's Nephews, out in full force and surrounding the very recently victorious Connection, who still clutch their championship belts with a sheen of exertion over them.

Uncle J.J. JAY!: "Another fine win, Nephews! Almost two years now. Quite the streak! Thank Bog you can't break it yourself, Michelle. And I heard what you said out there, Dreamer. I agree: part of me thinks this Mile High Massacre would be better if we just did five teams of Nephews. But we just finished Civil War, and I worry about saturation. Probably best you beat the minnows instead, for the time being. You can only play the cards tour dealt…"

It feels as though Uncle is building up a head of steam in his monologue, but he's cut short by a knock on the Nephews' locker room door followed swiftly by the entrance of Jon Russnow. The Nephews bristle, quite clearly nonplussed at having the authority figure in their midst.

Uncle J.J. JAY!: "Come to congratulate your champions, Russnow?"

Thomas West: "Pretty magnanimous of you, Russnow."

Harry the Sane Wizard: "Great guy, aren’t you, Russnow?"

Russnow eyes up the Nephews in their pink tracksuits. All nine of them are currently crammed into the locker room and surrounding Dreamer and the Daredevil.

Jon Russnow: "I’m mostly here to inform you that I’ve reached a decision regarding your… involvement at the climax of tonight’s match between the Lumberjacks and our tag team champions, here, as well as following the contest between Bad Reputation and The Coven."

Uncle snorts derisively.

Uncle J.J. JAY!: "I’m glad that your decision-making skills are being sharpened, Russnow, like the points on darts flung haphazardly at a board… but your decisions hold no weight, here. You’ve no authority over us Nephews."

A little smile from Russnow, who seems genuinely amused.

Jon Russnow: "Oh, but I’m afraid I do, Uncle… because all of you - with the exception of only Gerald, who I believe innocent in your shenanigans and who I hope will enter tonight’s main event - are to leave De Kuip. Immediately."

A flash of anger passes across Uncle’s face, but rage is etched upon the Sane Wizard’s, who steps up alongside JAY!.

Harry the Sane Wizard: "But we’re all entering the battle royale! We filmed secret promos, and were going to post them after the show. Online."

Uncle J.J. JAY!: "You heard the Wizard. Explain yourself, Russnow."

Jon Russnow: "I don’t need to explain anything, really. I'm not having you ruin another battle royale. You were all on television tonight attacking other tag team wrestlers ahead of the Mile High Massacre match on Fallout 025, and cheating at the end of a match sanctioned by the Athletic Commision of the Netherlands. Michelle admitted her complicity herself, on-mic. Furthermore to your ejection from the arena tonight, six of you will have to go up against the six wrestlers that you wronged tonight: Bad Reputation, The Coven, and The Lumberjacks, in a twelve-person tag team match on Meltdown XXIII next week… and you’ll have to do it without Gerald Grayson. I think it’s about time Gerald was allowed to focus on his F1 match, don’t you?"

There’s a brief pause, during which Uncle’s eyes narrow. His tentacles harden and then relax.

Uncle J.J. JAY!: "Listen here, you strange, little man. I want you to think closely about the enemies you are making. You think it’s wise to eject Michelle von Horrowitz from her hometown show?! I tell you, Russnow, you won’t be welcome in this city… no, this country… no, this continent… hell, fuck it! I’ll make sure this whole Bog-damned dimension looks out for the name Jon Russnow, and shits on anyone that bears it from the greatest height that the physics of their galaxies will allow! There will be thousands of other Jon Russnows, born with your name by mere coincidence, who will suffer alongside you, but it will be worth it, if only to see you physically smeared in the shit you cover yourself in metaphorically on a weekly basis. You will rue this day, Russnow. Do you understand me?"

Russnow allows himself a smile again, and pushes open the door to the locker room. A dozen or so security guards wait on the other side of it.

Uncle J.J. JAY!: "Just know that I could melt each of your puny brains with a blink of my tired, heavy eyelids, gentlemen. You’re saved only by these television cameras, and the inevitability and insatiability of an Earthen lynch mob."

With that, Uncle leaves the locker room and leads the way towards the exit. Each of the Nephews pats Gerald on the shoulder, or fist bumps him, or offers him a word of encouragement: Thomas West, Harry the Sane Wizard, Quiet, Maid of Death, the Avatar, Alphonse, and finally Michelle von Horrowitz, who only offers him a nod. Russnow watches them leave with the security team before departing himself.

We rest upon Gerald for a moment, as he tapes up his wrists, perhaps preparing himself for one more fight tonight.

violet.png
]

Following that, the state is set in the ring for tonight’s main event, and the FWA World Championship is shown on a pedestal at ringside whilst Kate-Lynn stands in the ring.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “The following contest is an over-the-top-rope Battle Royal and it is for the vacant FWA World Championship! Already in the ring, The Boulder and ‘Mister Europe’ Derek Hunter!”

Both Boulder and Hunter are shown, with the latter getting a big reception from the crowd given his nickname.

A cheer goes up for another European, this one from the UK, and Reagan Cole walks out from the back to confirm his entry into this match. Cole is still in the same gear as he wore during the opening match of the night where he was victorious over Konchu Hao.

Rod Sterling: “Reagan Cole has turned in some really impressive performances in 2022, Anzu. There is a possibility that he can turn that into a charge at the FWA World Championship.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Cole isn’t afraid to mix it up with the big hitters and tonight is a chance for him to show that he can break out as a singles competitor after the end of The Spirit Walkers following Aka Yurei’s injury.”

Cole is not even in the ring when the music of the next entrant plays and it causes ‘The British Apprentice’ to jump slightly as it is a man who he became familiar with earlier tonight. Konchu Hao leads our Epsilon from the back for the second time tonight and it is clear from his body language that the Primogen is wanting to correct what happened in the opener.

Rod Sterling: “Konchu will be disappointed with what happened in e opening contest of the night, but we know that he has coveted the FWA World Championship for some time - extending back to his participation in the Fallout Contender Eliminator Tournament last year.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “One of the most dangerous and unpredictable competitors we have here for sure, Rod. Konchu can thrive in an environment such as this.”

Much like earlier on, there is a good response from the crowd for MDC, who has not been perturbed by his loss to Shawn Summers earlier on tonight. His face paint has been rubbed off in places but he is still throwing up his gang signs and getting the crowd going.

Rod Sterling: “Speaking of unpredictability, Anzu. We saw a glimpse of MDC earlier tonight against Shawn Summers but in just his third match here, he could walk away with the title.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “It would be one rollercoaster of a night for him if he did walk out of this one victorious!”

For the next entrant, it is someone who we have not yet seen in action already tonight but it is another relative newcomer in Vampyra. Despite her ruthless in ring demeanour, she has developed some good crowd support and some join in with her ‘M’ hand gesture as she flashes it to the crowd.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Vampyra! The last open-entry match she participated in she earned herself a shot at the FWA Television Championship which she will have against Phillip A. Jackson in the future.”

Rod Sterling: “It’s a strange relationship forming between the two of them, Anzu, but with an entry into this match it seems that one championship is not enough for her, much like her opponent on Saturday night, Alyster Black.”

Arguably the loudest reaction out of anyone so far is given to Tommy Bedlam, who throws his cowboy hat out to the crowd and then makes his way down the ramp towards the ring. Vampyra is shown looking intensely at the man who handed her her first loss in the FWA twelve days ago.

Rod Sterling: “Tommy Bedlam has been on a tear as of late, picking up big wins against Jason Randall and Vampyra. He’s got the tools to move up the pecking order here in the FWA and tonight he has the opportunity.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “He’s shown he’s no stranger to dangerous matches and I know his family likes the rodeo so he’ll want to see how long he can last in this match and if he can ride that bull to victory!”

The unknown music gets a minimal reaction from the crowd at first, but when Princess Nova walks out from the back there is a shocked pop from the Rotterdam crowd. Nova curtseys and then smirks as she walks towards the ring confidently and she offers a small wave at Reagan Cole who looks aghast upon seeing her.

Rod Sterling: “Well this is certainly a surprise! For those of you who do not know who this colourful character is, she is Princess Nova! One of the more eccentric competitors on the world stage right now, and she has found her way to the FWA!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “You can see that Reagan Cole seems to know all about her, and from his reaction she could be bad news. What I will say is though that she has the chance to make history and win the FWA World Championship in her debut. How crazy would that be?!”

The popular and catchy music gets the crowd clapping along to the beat and after a few seconds, XYZ struts out from the back with his cape flowing freely behind him. He smiles at the camera and high fives some fans, enjoying the support he is receiving.

Anzu Kurosawa: “XYZ will be in action this Saturday, teaming with Jeremy Best on Fallout, but tonight he will be going for the big one!”

Rod Sterling: “I know that XYZ will believe that he can win this match and for a competitor who is on the cusp of becoming a major player here, I could see it too. The dream never dies!”

The lights dim in the arena and strobes fire throughout the crowd as Luna Piper shuffles out onto the stage, getting a loud reaction for the surprise appearance. She has a pair of those goggles on her head and headphones worn around her neck.

Rod Sterling: “Well, I was not expecting to see Luna Piper out here for this match but as someone with Battle Royal experience - and winning them - she could be the dark horse in this one.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “We know what she’s able to do with those goggles as well, imagine if she enthrals someone to eliminate everyone else!”

The raving atmosphere continues with the entrance of ‘The Rave’ herself, the North American Champion, Lizzie Rose. Lizzie gets a huge surge of crowd support and this increases when it becomes clear that she is not entering the match alone as Joe Burr is with her and seems to also be throwing his hat into the ring!

Anzu Kurosawa: “Lizzie Rose can become a double champion if she wins this match, but she is going to be defending the North American Championship this Saturday on Fallout against Big Bryan Baxter.”

Rod Sterling: “She’s got some support in there tonight with Joe Burr also taking part - I shudder to think about Joe Burr winning this match.”

The cheers keep coming and these ones are loud as Gerald Grayson is the next person out, still dressed to compete after his tag team victory against The Lumberjacks prior to this match. The home country fans of his tag team partner are clearly behind the Nephew at this point, and he rests his FWA World Tag Team Championship belt down at ringside.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Gerald Grayson is the only member of Cthulhu’s Nephews that was not removed from the arena after the series of interferences that plagued tonight’s show. We know that Gerald is not pleased with Michelle von Horrowitz insistence on using the Nephews, but now he has a chance to stand out on his own and show that his way of doing things can pay dividends as well.”

Rod Sterling: “This is the second shot at the FWA World Championship that Grayson has had in 2022, the first being at The Grand March where he and Michelle von Horrorwitz challenged Nova Diamond. Grayson didn’t come away with the win on that occasion, but without having to worry about Michelle or any of the other Nephews, he can focus on himself.”

The crowd do not respond very positively to the team of Bad Reputation, who have decided to enter the match together, especially when they are announced as representing Executive Excellence. Gabrielle and Kayden Knox walk side by side towards the ring and seem to be eyeing up the competition currently in the ring.

Rod Sterling: “With Danny Toner’s injury, the FWA World Championship left the Executive Excellence circle but tonight the combined forces of Gabrielle and Kayden Knox will work together to bring it back. Which one of them will come out on top, if either?”

Anzu Kurosawa: “That’s a good question, Rod. Obviously, Gabrielle has been there and done that before whilst Kayden Knox has bucket loads of potential. I imagine it’ll be the same strategy as in the Steel Roulette at Lights Out, although hopefully for their sakes it will work better this time.”

If De Kuip had a roof, it would have blown off when ‘Sonne’ began to play and the FWA X Champion, Alyster Black, strode out from the back. Instead of coming down towards the ring straight away, Black pauses and motions behind him… AND VIOLET DREYER WALKS RUNS OUT FROM THE BACK! Dreyer’s appearance generates a huge cheer from the fans as it becomes clear that she is also in the hunt.

Rod Sterling: “The reaction for Alyster Black here is almost deafening, Anzu! Alyster Black came within a whisker of defeating Danny Toner and the ordeal that Toner had to endure in order to overcome Black left him in a state where he could no longer physically defend his championship, which is what has led us to this point.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Not only Alyster Black looking for retribution, but Violet Dreyer, too! It is great to see her back after what Executive Excellence did to her and she’ll be hoping to thwart their plans and help Alyster win this match, or even go for it herself. What a sight that would be!”

The fan response is loud, but it is about as mixed as it can be for Chris Peacock. Peacock is all business tonight, dressed sharply, but the focus is on the Golden Opportunity briefcase that he is carrying in his left hand. His right hand clutches onto a Singapore cane that he has slung back over his shoulder. He sets both down next to the ring steps when he reaches the ring.

Rod Sterling: “Chris Peacock was the first of the competitors in this match to announce his intentions to enter it and challenge for the FWA World Championship. Peacock also has that Golden Opportunity contract which will entitle him to another shot at the gold in the future at a time and place determined by him.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Peacock said that even though he has that contract, he does not want to take the easy way out. He could have cashed in on the vacant title, but he didn’t. I think the competitor in him knows that it would be a hollow victory and one that would not be revered by many at all.”

Rod Sterling: “Anzu, my sources are telling me that this next one is the last one!”

Another massive reaction but this one is entirely positive and everyone in the ring stands to attention when Cyrus Truth marches out from the back towards the ring. Truth looks as pissed off as he could be, but it could just be the focus coming to the fore.

Rod Sterling: “The entry of Cyrus Truth makes it two former FWA World Champions that will be involved in this match, with Gabrielle being the other. Cyrus Truth has campaigned for an opportunity to challenge for the title that he has won a historic four times before, for what is literally years. Tonight, after a series of close calls and near misses, ‘The Exile’ could return to the hall of champions.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “This is not just any Cyrus Truth either, Rod. This is a focused, determined, get-out-of-my-way-or-I-will-hurt-you Cyrus Truth. Everyone else in this match should be very concerned right about now.”

Truth enters the ring and a space opens up for him in the mass to allow him to walk into the belly of the beast and take a position in the middle of the ring, with Chris Peacock being afforded the same treatment. Truth and Peacock exchange a few words, with Peacock confident after defeating Truth on Fallout 021. The referee teams on the outside signal that they are ready - and away we go!

FIFTH MATCH - MAIN EVENT.
Alyster Black vs Chris Peacock vs Cyrus Truth vs Derek Hunter vs Gabrielle vs Gerald Grayson vs Joe Burr vs Kayden Knox vs Konchu Hao vs Lizzie Rose vs Luna Piper vs MDC vs Princess Nova vs Reagan Cole vs The Boulder vs Tommy Bedlam vs Vampyra vs Violet Dreyer vs XYZ
Battle Royale for the FWA World Championship.
Match Writer: Man.

The bell rings, and as anticipated, the nineteen participants in the match converge into each other and with Cyrus Truth and Chris Peacock being in the middle of the ring, they find themselves getting immediately swamped. Fighting breaks out in and around the large pile-up in the ring and eventually this thins out and it is revealed that Peacock and Truth are exchanging stiff punches in the middle of the ring and had been since the bell rang, ignoring everyone bundling towards them at the start of the match.

Reagan Cole is doing his best to avoid Konchu Hao, with ‘The Mad Wizard’ pursuing ‘The British Apprentice’ through the crowd in order to avenge his loss earlier on tonight. MDC has Gerald Grayson pinned in the corner and teetering on the top rope already. Princess Nova targets XYZ, until Tommy Bedlam attempts to dump her over the top rope at the same time. Violet Dreyer leaps across the ring at Gabrielle and Kayden Knox and is almost feral in her approach towards them, and Alyster Black is cut off from helping her by Luna Piper attempting to force him over the top, with Derek Hunter coming across to help.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Violet Dreyer is desperate for revenge after what Executive Excellence did to her before Lights Out, so much so that she’s taking on a pair of former FWA World Tag Team Champions on her own - and Alyster Black is cut off from being able to help her!”

In one corner, The Boulder is swiping with his arms, but the smaller frames Lizzie Rose and Joe Burr are proving too difficult for the giant man to hit. They share a nod and then stomp on his feet in unison. This causes the unfortunate soul to hop about from foot to foot, causing his balance to be uneven and the two New Yorkers combine with a Double Dropkick to his chest (Lizzie) and stomach (Joe), that knocks him back towards the ropes. With The Boulder hovering over the top rope due to his large size, Burr and Rose decide to go for it and they each take a leg… and tip The Boulder over the top rope!

Eliminated: The Boulder by Lizzie Rose and Joe Burr at 1:17

Immediately, Lizzie and her ally look for their next target and it would appear that the order for them is to come to the rescue of Alyster Black. Joe rolls Luna Piper up from behind to get her away and traps her down momentarily as Lizzie meets Derek Hunter with a kick to the midsection. This allows Alyster to break free and go to Violet’s aid when he punches Knox in the face and pulls Dreyer away from Gabrielle’s clutches. Luna Piper pushes Joe Burr away.

Konchu Hao has caught Reagan Cole and with his hands on his face, Konchu attempts to force a groaning Cole over the top rope. Princess Nova lands on her feet on the apron and then uses her position to apply a front facelock on Tommy to try to leverage him over the top rope, with XYZ offering her a hand and grabbing the large leg of Bedlam. Peacock manages to avoid a punch from Truth and he advances forwards and barrels into Gabrielle in the corner, connecting with a forearm to the face, but then gets mobbed by her tag team partner, Knox.

Rod Sterling: “We know that Violet Dreyer is not the only person in the match that has got a problem with Executive Excellence, although it seems like Chris Peacock’s exchange with Cyrus Truth has impacted his ability to fight both Gabrielle and Knox off.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “A potentially crucial mistake from Peacock there as Knox wears him down - but look at Lizzie Rose!”

Lizzie Rose’s body is soon lifted above the crowd as Derek Hunter attempts to use his size advantage to force her out of the ring, but Lizzie transitions into a headscissors and leans back - sending Hunter over the top rope and out to the floor!

Eliminated: Derek Hunter by Lizzie Rose at 1:54

Despite Mister Europe being a fan favourite here in the continent where he has plied his trade for most of his career, the fans cheer as Lizzie gets her second elimination. However, she is in a vulnerable position on the apron as a result. Cyrus Truth - free from his tangle with Peacock - marches over towards Rose and attempts to force her from the apron, but the North American Champion holds on for dear life to the middle rope.

Joe Burr evaded Luna Piper, and seeing the trouble that his friend Rose is in, weaves through some bodies and leaps into the air, landing on Truth’s back. Cyrus turns away from Rose and Snapmares Burr down onto the mat and then cracks Burr in the side of the head with a Roundhouse kick! ‘The Exile’ grabs Burr and throws him over the top rope, but Lizzie Rose stops her ally from going out by grabbing onto his arm as he goes over.

With Lizzie and Burr both on the apron, Cyrus lines up his shot on Rose and charges in with a knee strike, but BURR SHOVES LIZZIE OUT OF THE WAY AND TAKES THE BLOW - ELIMINATING HIM!

Anzu Kurosawa: “There is the power of friendship, Rod! Joe Burr just sacrificed his own chances so Lizzie Rose could advance in this match!”

Rod Sterling: “With Lizzie facing The Buddy System’s Bryan Baxter on Fallout, it is good that she is understanding just how strong the bond between friends can be!”

Eliminated: Joe Burr by Cyrus Truth at 2:33

Rose seems very grateful that Burr took the hit for her and she gets back to her feet and pulls herself up using the ropes and hits a Gamenguiri to Truth as he attempts to grab her once again. There’s a bit of space in the middle of the ring that Cyrus staggers back into and Lizzie climbs up the turnbuckle and takes flight - Rosecanrana takes Truth down! Rose flashes a thumbs up to Burr as he is escorted out.

Princess Nova breaks free of XYZ and Bedlam, who continue trying to eliminate each other and she passed Chris Peacock desperately fighting to save himself against Bad Reputation, but Alyster Black and Violet Dreyer going in to help Peacock out by going after Knox and Gabrielle, respectively. Nova sees the trouble that Reagan Cole is in and she gets Konchu off of Cole by tipping Hao over the top rope, but ‘The Mad Wizard’ holds on. Reagan turns around to see who it was that had helped him and he looks in shock as he sees yet another person from his past.

Rod Sterling: “Reagan Cole is being haunted by former associates left and right it would seem, what with his issues with Jeffry Mason and TYLER - and now Princess Nova, another one of his former rivals, has followed him here to the FWA.”

The staredown between Cole and Nova gets a mild pop from those who are away of their history, but the moment is broken up by Vampyra, who knocks Cole to the mat with a Dropkick - and Princess Nova has to deal with a returning Konchu Hao who is after some retribution and she looks to evade him as he pursues her through the crowd. MDC and Gerald Grayson are still battling, and the Nephew seems to have obtained the upper hand to the delight of the crowd and MDC is flipped over the top rope but lands on the apron.

Peacock is spared from Knox and Gabrielle thanks to the intervention from Black and Dreyer, and he offers them both a nod as thanks before he lunges back at Cyrus Truth in the corner. Executive Excellence have moved across the ring and found themselves where Grayson has MDC in trouble, but Gabrielle spins Grayson around and Knox flattens him with a double stomp to the chest! MDC seems thankful for the help that Bad Reputation gave him, but Knox and Gabrielle in unison turn around and connect with SUPERKICKS - MDC is OUT!

Eliminated: MDC by Gabrielle and Kayden Knox at 3:41

As Gabrielle and Knox move on, Black and Dreyer seem to not be done with them. However their progress is halted when Luna Piper grabs Violet by the hair and attempts to force her over the top rope. Violet kicks out at Piper, but the DJ manages to get her over the top rope and onto the apron. Luna knocks Violet down to a knee with a kick to the midsection through the ropes, but she is tipped over the top herself by Black and has to hold on to save herself.

Bad Reputation attempt to intervene in the ongoing battle between Bedlam and XYZ by trying to eliminate both men at once. Peacock and Truth are avidly exchanging chops and slaps in one of the corners and Lizzie Rose seems to be avoiding conflict, instead ducking through the crowd in the ring. Konchu Hao has caught up with Princess Nova and she tries to escape his clutches as Epsilon cheers on his master from ringside. Gerald Grayson is back up and he spins around his opponent on Fallout this Saturday, Chris Peacock, and tries to eliminate him, but Peacock fights him off with a few punches to the chagrin of the crowd.

Anzu Kurosawa: “We know there is no love lost between Chris Peacock and Cthulhu’s Nephews and those old wounds will be reopened on Fallout, but for the time being, both Peacock and Grayson are aiming to become the FWA World Champion.”

As the fighting continues in the ring, Luna Piper is still being forced from the apron by Alyster Black in front of the commentary table. In a last-ditch attempt to save herself, Piper takes the goggles from her own head and tries to affix them to Black’s over his mask.

Rod Sterling: “We know what Luna can do with those goggles, Anzu! Alyster Black coming under her control would be disastrous for the others!”

Luna is unable to place the goggles over Black’s eye holes though because Violet Dreyer - also on the apron still - holds her hands back and this allows Black to drill Luna with a big forearm strike to the face that knocks her from the apron and to the floor!

Eliminated: Luna Piper by Alyster Black and Violet Dreyer at 4:42

Alyster helps Violet through the ropes, but ‘Black Jesus’ this time is accosted by Cyrus Truth, who immediately attempts to get him over the top rope whilst simultaneously fighting off Violet. Lizzie Rose’s attempts at surviving the match and playing it smart run her into the back of Gabrielle, and the two look at each other for a moment. Gabrielle’s face turns sour and she grabs her former student by the hair and tells her off before delivering a big gut punch to the North American Champion, and Kayden Knox follows up with a boot to the face to knock Lizzie down. Bad Reputation then turn around at the same time and are taken down by a Diving Cross Body by Vampyra!

As the five minute mark passes, the constant battling is already beginning to take a physical toll on some of the competitors as some take some time to kneel down by the ropes or are down because they have been put there by someone else. Peacock has Grayson in the corner and he climbs up onto the second rope and starts hammering down onto the tag champion with punches to the head - but Grayson shoves Peacock sideways - and Peacock is almost eliminated but hangs on to the top rope as his feet teeter just centimetres from the floor!

Konchu Hao is on the verge of dumping Princess Nova out of the match, and he manages to put her over the tipping point on the top rope and she sticks the landing on the apron. Konchu swings with an elbow strike, but Nova ducks it, but this allows Konchu to grab her by the head through the ropes and he starts laying into her with John Dee’s Knees! The knee strikes quickly wear Princess Nova down and Konchu lines up a final shot that would likely secure her elimination, but Reagan Cole approaches Konchu from behind AND THROWS HIM OVER THE TOP ROPE!!

Anzu Kurosawa: “Reagan Cole comes to the aid of Princess Nova and that is a HUGE elimination right there! The former X Champion Konchu Hao is out! I thought that he could have been one of the favourites to win this!”

Eliminated: Konchu Hao by Reagan Cole at 6:21

As Konchu curses his luck alongside Epsilon at ringside, a worn down Nova seems to offer some sort of thanks to Reagan Cole for eliminating her assailant and Cole wearily nods back at her before turning around to follow up on Gerald Grayson across the ring, but PRINCESS NOVA SPRINGS TO LIFE AND GRABS REAGAN AND THROWS HIM OUT!!

Rod Sterling: “No good deed goes unpunished for Reagan Cole! His dreams of becoming the FWA World Champion have been dashed by the person that he just saved from elimination!”

Eliminated: Reagan Cole by Princess Nova at 6:35

With Reagan Cole’s elimination, there are twelve competitors still in the match and that includes both former FWA World Champions that put themselves forward to be in the match in Cyrus Truth and Gabrielle. Truth scoops Gabrielle’s former friend and tag team partner, Alyster Black, up onto his shoulders in his attempts to remove him from the match. Violet Dreyer is unable to help out her friend as she is pulled away by Gabrielle herself as Knox is left trying to fend off Vampyra. Gabrielle sends Violet into the corner and begins to lay into her with several kicks to the midsection and then stomps her down to the mat under the bottom rope.

Kayden Knox fights back against Vampyra with a forearm strike to the face to cause her to back up and she stumbles into the path of Tommy Bedlam, who is finally away from XYZ. Vampyra’s eyes widen as she sees the man who handed her her first defeat in the FWA on Fallout 021, and Tommy swings with a punch but Vampyra climbs up his body and then snaps him off with a Headscissors! XYZ attempts to use the momentum gained by Vampyra’s move to corral the cowboy over the top rope once again but Tommy resists this attempt once again, showing impressive survival skills.

Fresh off the high of eliminating Reagan Cole, Princess Nova attempts to follow this up with an arguably even more impressive feat of taking Cyrus Truth out of the match, but ‘The Exile’ cuts her off and tries to turn the tables on her, which allows Alyster Black some reprieve, but he is soon called into action to pull Kayden Knox away from Violet as he was ganging up on her with Gabrielle, and Black invites Knox to a Violence Party!

Rod Sterling: “We saw it with Lizzie Rose and Joe Burr and with Bad Reputation too so far in this match how helpful it is to have someone in there to look out for you, and Alyster Black and Violet Dreyer are also doing that for each other.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Whilst a match like this is every person for themselves, it really does not hurt to have some back up in there. Alyster Black is a popular member of the FWA roster, Rod, and even though he is one of the biggest threats in this match, we’ve seen people he is not even necessarily aligned with like he is with Dreyer, come to help him out. Chris Peacock and Lizzie Rose being just two of them.”

Speaking of Chris Peacock, the Golden Opportunity holder pulls himself back into the ring through the ropes following his close call and he makes a beeline for Grayson, but he is cut off by Vampyra and a series of forearms to the face from the MAYHEM member. Peacock goes for a punch of his own which is easily evaded by the Joshi star and she takes his knee out from underneath him with a well-placed boot to the top of his kneecap. Vampyra finds some space to rebound off of the ropes and back towards Peacock, where she drives his face into the mat with the Death-Spike!

As Vampyra gets to her feet, she looks towards the corner and the crowd responds very positively as she pulls herself up onto the top rope and seems to be looking for her MIDNIGHT SPLASH - BUT GERALD GRAYSON SHOVES HER FROM THE TOP ROPE AND SHE FALLS TO THE FLOOR! GRAYSON SPARES PEACOCK!

Eliminated: Vampyra by Gerald Grayson at 9:04

No one is more shocked about a Nephew preventing Chris Peacock from getting hurt than the man himself, but Grayson seems to be upholding the honour that he presented to Peacock when they interacted on Fallout 021.

Anzu Kurosawa: “We’ve seen Gerald Grayson become resistant to a lot of things that his fellow Nephews are doing and to help Chris Peacock is almost sacrilegious for that group. Grayson promised Peacock that there would be no Nephews on Saturday night and perhaps proving his trustworthiness ahead of their match on Fallout.”

As Peacock and Grayson head their separate ways, the camera focuses on Violet Dreyer, who is in a bad way thanks to the work that Gabrielle is doing on her, and she is knocked to the mat out of the corner with a Savate kick to the side of the head. Gabrielle slowly brings Violet back up and looks at Alyster Black as she does so, who has her tag team partner, Kayden Knox, in trouble in the corner. Black abandons his attacks towards Knox to assist Violet and he makes contact with his former friend for the first time in the match by pulling Gabrielle off of Violet.

There is a staredown between the two individuals that formed the Black Caramel team up until a few months ago, but this is interrupted by Kayden Knox charging across the ring, looking for Black, but Black sidesteps him and Dreyer low bridges the top rope, allowing Black to force Knox over the top and out!

Eliminated: Kayden Knox by Alyster Black and Violet Dreyer at 9:48

A big cheer goes up for an Executive Excellence member being ejected from the ring and Gabrielle slams her fist on the top turnbuckle having just missed out on saving Knox. Knox is very disappointed at ringside and he attempts to get back into the match, but the officials on the outside prevent him from doing so.

Rod Sterling: “After the disappointment that was the Golden Opportunity match for Executive Excellence and the recent issues keeping Mike Parr and Danny Toner away, it was critical for the last two members standing to get far in this match if they wanted to bring the FWA World Championship back into the fold, but Kayden Knox is out! We are down to ten!”

With there being just barely over half the number of competitors remaining in the match compared to the number that started it, there is considerably more space available to those remaining in the match. Princess Nova has targeted Lizzie Rose in one corner and she drives her foot right up against Lizzie’s jaw up against the bottom turnbuckle. Cyrus Truth takes a moment to rest in another corner. XYZ and Tommy Bedlam seem to have decided that they are hell-bent on eliminating the other from the match and both are wrestling on the ropes and leaning back over them in their tussle.

Gerald Grayson spots this and the opening that it presents and charges in towards Bedlam and XYZ, but both elevate him over the top rope, and Grayson just lands on his feet! Tommy and X start working together now with Grayson in trouble in front of them, but Chris Peacock seemingly comes to return the favour and he keeps them both at bay with punches to each of them and he spins on the spot… AND SMACKS GRAYSON IN THE FACE, KNOCKING HIM FROM THE APRON!!

Anzu Kurosawa: “Grayson helped Peacock out before, and it has come back to bite him! Peacock gets one over on the Nephews and these fans are not happy!”

Eliminated: Gerald Grayson by Chris Peacock at 11:12

The home country crowd of Grayson’s tag team partner voice loud displeasure towards Peacock and he grins seeing Grayson looking frustrated and betrayed on the floor. Peacock’s reward though is a kick to the back of the leg from Cyrus Truth - the man he defeated on Fallout 021 - and Truth runs the ropes and comes back with a knee to the face, and then grabs the oncoming Princess Nova and twists around her to escape and he takes her down with a Neckbreaker!

Cyrus’s progress is halted by Gabrielle though, who strikes him with a kick to the midsection and Lizzie Rose then follows up with a Dropkick to the side of Cyrus’s head. Gabrielle seems reluctant to work together with Lizzie, so she shoves her away, and Lizzie then spins her former mentor around and hits her in the face with a forearm! The North American Champion follows up on Gabrielle and then runs across the ring but Gabby cuts her off with a big boot to the face.

Rod Sterling: “Lizzie Rose showing why she is a champion through and through by refusing to back down against the woman who was responsible for bringing her here into the FWA in the first place.!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Lizzie’s confidence sky-rocketed when she stepped out of Gabrielle’s shadow by defeating her at Back in Business, but this is a whole new Gabrielle we are dealing with now after she returned to her Executive Excellence background.”

Alyster Black and Violet Dreyer are taking a moment to regroup and consider everything else that is happening around them, and this includes the mini-war being engaged in by XYZ and Tommy Bedlam. X is currently on the brink of being thrown out of the ring by Tommy, but he turns it around and attempts to send the former Gauntlet Champion out over the top rope, but Bedlam turns it back around and XYZ goes over the top rope but he lands on his feet on the apron.

XYZ ducks down and drives his shoulder into Bedlam’s midsection and then slingshots himself over the top rope, rolling over Tommy’s back and getting a big cheer from the crowd. Tommy turns back around and beats XYZ to the punch and cuts him off with a knee to the stomach and then he tosses him over the ropes again, but once again XYZ proves to be a tricky customer and he balances on the ring apron gracefully. Tommy approaches once again, starting to get angered, and XYZ leans back, striking Bedlam in the face with his foot. XYZ then hangs Tommy up over the top rope.

Holding onto the top rope, XYZ attempts to springboard back into the ring, but Tommy catches him with the BUCKSHOT SUPERKICK AS HE RISES! Although XYZ has a hold of Tommy’s boot, having caught it and XYZ is unable to balance on the apron any longer and he falls backwards from the apron and Tommy goes with him - they’re both out!

Rod Sterling: “They’d been entwined for the entire match so it was only fitting that they took each other out and this is what you like to see, some respect being shown between these two fierce competitors.”

Eliminated: XYZ by Tommy Bedlam at 13:03

Eliminated: Tommy Bedlam by XYZ at 13:03

On the floor, Tommy and XYZ bump fists as a display of respect for the efforts of the other throughout the match and both accept their time is done. There are just seven left in the ring now; Truth, Peacock, Nova, Black, Dreyer, Gabrielle and Rose. Aside from Alyster Black and Violet Dreyer, none of them are aligned with each other officially, either.

Everyone is up on their feet and there is a slightly tense stand off for a moment but Violet Dreyer is the one to break it up when she rushes Gabrielle and is joined by Lizzie Rose and the two young women pin ‘The Goddess’ back in the corner. Alyster Black and Chris Peacock begin to slowly circle the ring with their eyes on each other as the crowd’s anticipation levels swell at the prospect of seeing them lock horns for the first time ever. Peacock motions for Black to bring it on and ‘Black Jesus’ obliges, and the two of them start exchanging rapid shots in the middle of the ring!

Rod Sterling: “Black and Peacock going at it here and the crowd are losing it!”

As Black and Peacock both refuse to offer the other an inch, the two remaining competitors left in the match - Cyrus Truth and Princess Nova - find themselves pairing off and returning to their spar from earlier on in the Battle Royal. Nova wrings Cyrus’s arm and spins him around back into a boot to the midsection and she looks to take him down with a DDT, but Cyrus stands firm and even lifts her up, attempting to dump her over the top rope and out of the ring.

Princess Nova refuses to release her grip on Truth’s head and the leverage she has over him is enough to cause ‘The Exile’ to teeter as well on his face. Cyrus grits his teeth and stands up straight though, bringing Nova back up to her feet on the apron as well. Nova leans back and cracks Truth with a kick to the head and then interlocks her fingers with his as she runs the apron and up onto the turnbuckle where she releases Truth’s hand and flies off with a Moonsault down onto him! Nova rises to her feet and holds her hands out to soak in the positive response from the crowd.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Princess Nova looks good in there, Rod! Although I would recommend following up against someone like Cyrus Truth!”

Anzu’s words immediately prove true as Cyrus gets up with a face of thunder behind her and he grabs Nova from behind and viciously throws her out of the ring!

Eliminated: Princess Nova by Cyrus Truth at 14:14

With Nova’s elimination taking the numbers in the match down to six, the man who eliminated her - Cyrus Truth - grabs a recent adversary of his in the shape of Chris Peacock, who had surprisingly come out better in the striking duel with Alyster Black. Truth scoops Peacock up onto his shoulders and looks like he is going to drop the former X Champion with JOURNEY’S END - PEACOCK ROLLS THROUGH!

Much in the same way that Peacock eventually won his and Cyrus’s match on Fallout 021, Peacock avoids getting dropped on his head and rolls through, but Cyrus prevents himself from being taken over again and he drops to a knee and holds Peacock in position and starts driving the point of his elbow directly into Peacock’s neck and jaw! The blows quickly wear the Golden Opportunity winner out, which is not surprising given his very recent exchange with Alyster Black. Cyrus drops Peacock to the mat and then goes to Alyster Black and starts doing the same to him.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Cyrus is not necessarily going for eliminations here, Rod, he knows that he’ll need to wear some of these guys down if he wants to be able to eliminate them further down the line.”

In the corner, Gabrielle begins to mount a comeback against both Violet and Lizzie and she successfully fends them both off and strikes both with punches and forearms to the face to keep them at bay. She grabs Rose and flings her over the top rope where once again the North American Champion holds onto the ropes to keep herself alive in the match. Before Gabrielle can do anything to eliminate Rose, Dreyer jumps on her back and wrestles her down to the mat and meets Gabrielle with a rising knee strike as ‘The Goddess’ gets back up to her feet.

Gabrielle leans back against the top rope and Violet, buoyed by the crowd cheering her on, looks to be about to charge in but she does not hear Alyster Black shouting for her not to whilst trapped by Truth. Violet charges in but Gabrielle ducks down at the last second and then elevates her over the top rope and she falls down to the floor! Down to five!

Eliminated: Violet Dreyer by Gabrielle at 15:32

The crowd boos as the popular Dreyer is taken out of the match by Gabrielle, one of those responsible for the heinous assault on her before Lights Out. Alyster Black curses in frustration that he could not prevent Violet from getting eliminated as he turns things around on Cyrus with a big Headbutt to free himself. Black advances towards Gabrielle, but is tackled by Peacock and ran into the turnbuckle… ROLLER DISCO!! Black gets planted on the mat by Peacock’s Spinebuster and Peacock rolls out of the way with Black taken care of momentarily.

Gabrielle does not get the chance to revel in her elimination of Dreyer though, as from the apron, Lizzie Rose climbs onto the middle rope and then grabs her former mentor by the hair and pulls her out onto the apron as well!

Rod Sterling: “Gabrielle just about hangs on! This is very precarious with Gabrielle and Lizzie Rose right now, can one eliminate the other?”

Gabrielle gets up from her knees on the apron and stands over Rose, who tags her with a couple of strikes to the gut. Lizzie takes a couple of steps back and then runs in towards Gabrielle, but Gabrielle cuts her off at the pass with a kick to the midsection of her own, and Gabrielle quickly hooks Lizzie’s arms behind her back and DROPS ROSE ONTO THE APRON WITH THE 34 DOUBLE D-DT!! Lizzie’s body falls limp and she then falls from the apron down to the floor!

Eliminated: Lizzie Rose by Gabrielle at 15:59

Rod Sterling: “And then there were four! One of Cyrus Truth, Gabrielle, Chris Peacock and Alyster Black is going to become the next FWA World Champion!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Four competitors who have all been close to the championship at different times in the last two years, Rod. One of them is going to show that their shortfalls in the past don’t matter to them anymore.”

Feeling the impact of the ring apron on her back, Gabrielle shuffles under the bottom rope and pulls herself up using the ropes and stumbles backwards into the nearest corner and sees that the three men left in the match with her have all done the same. All four competitors occupy a corner and all look like they have been through a very rigorous sixteen minutes of battling for their spot in this Battle Royal.

It is tense between them as they are all cautious of the three others in there with them. It is Peacock that makes the first move as he continues his anti-Executive Excellence agenda by targeting Gabrielle and he blocks her attempt at a punch and knocks her into the corner where he uses as much strength as he can muster in his attempts to put her over the top rope in the corner.

This leaves just Alyster Black and Cyrus Truth who circle around momentarily before getting closer and actually locking up. Cyrus’s expert technical ability allows him to manoeuvre himself into a more favourable position and get behind Black and he runs him into the ropes. Black holds on to prevent Cyrus from behind able to take him backwards from around his waist, but Cyrus does not do this and instead he scoops Black up onto his shoulders in an Argentine Rack… EXILE’S EDGE!! Black is down holding the back of his head after taking another big move courtesy of one of his opponents, and Truth moves over towards Peacock and pulls him away from Gabrielle.

With his hand around the back of Peacock’s head, Truth attempts to throw him out of the ring, but Peacock blocks it and slaps Truth’s hand away to prevent himself from going. Peacock lunges for Truth, but finds himself in a Fireman’s Carry once again. Truth brings Peacock on his shoulders towards the ropes and Peacock holds onto the top rope for dear life to prevent himself from being eliminated.

Rod Sterling: “Truth would love to eliminate Peacock here, to avenge that loss in the F1 Climaxxx!”

Gabrielle comes over and kicks Truth across the stomach which sends him back a few steps and Peacock drops down and lands on his feet. Truth is against the ropes… PEACOCK CHARGES IN WITH A CLOTHESLINE OVER THE TOP ROPE… AND TRUTH IS ELIMINATED!!

Eliminated: Cyrus Truth by Chris Peacock at 17:25

Anzu Kurosawa: “That is a HUGE elimination, Rod! The four-time former FWA World Champion Cyrus Truth will not be making it five tonight in Rotterdam! Chris Peacock gets the last laugh on ‘The Exile’ - WAIT! Gabrielle throws Peacock out!”

As soon as he had disposed of Truth, Peacock had Gabrielle grab him from behind and throw him out over the top rope! BUT PEACOCK HUNG ON! PEACOCK IS STILL IN THE MATCH! Not for the first time, Chris is on the verge of being out of the match and replays show that one foot even did touch the floor, but it is not enough as it has to be both.

Gabrielle is unaware that Peacock kept himself alive in the match and she watches on as her former friend and confidant, Alyster Black, pulls himself up to his feet after the Exile’s Edge. Black has been largely reluctant to fight Gabrielle ever since she joined Executive Excellence, but his demeanour now indicates that he knows what has to be done and he raises his fists, urging her to fight him. Gabrielle smirks as she approaches Black, gladly willing to fight her former friend.

Rod Sterling: “Black Caramel have imploded and just months after failing to win a Battle Royal together, Black and Gabrielle are going to fight it out in one and the winner could become the FWA World Champion!”

As Black and Gabrielle stare each other down and prepare to fight one another, the camera cuts to Chris Peacock, who notices that his Singapore cane is resting up against the steps right next to him, next to his Golden Opportunity briefcase. Peacock settles himself on the apron and then picks the cane up from the floor… and a smirk forms across his face.

Peacock gets back into the ring with the cane and he approaches Black from behind and this is noticed by Gabrielle, who looks shocked that Peacock is still in the match after she thought that she had eliminated him. Black turns around and ducks out of the swing of the cane from Peacock, and it catches Gabrielle on the shoulder! ‘The Goddess’ recoils away from the action and Peacock turns around… AND CRACKS BLACK ON THE HEAD WITH THE CANE!

With Black down, Peacock turns his attention back to Gabrielle and hits her in the back with the cane and then revs it up… AND GABRIELLE RECEIVES A SHOT TO THE FACE AS WELL!! The crowd don’t seem massively pleased with Peacock using a weapon in the match (even though there is nothing in the rules prohibiting it), but he discards the cane by throwing it out of the ring and back to ringside. Peacock returns to Alyster Black and picks him up from the mat and attempts to put him over the top rope, but Black resists as much as he can.

Sensing that he is not getting anywhere with Black, Peacock turns around and decides that going after Gabrielle might be the better move and he tries wrestling her over the top rope instead, but again, he cannot get anywhere with it as Gabrielle kicks him away to create some separation.

Rod Sterling: “Peacock using that weapon and trying all available avenues he can, we know Peacock wants to win this match and that championship and I don’t think there is anything that he wouldn’t do to achieve that goal, Anzu.”

Peacock is becoming frustrated as he cannot get the right purchase on Gabrielle to force her out of the ring so he turns back towards the other remaining person… ONE SHOT KILL!! The crowd ROARS as Black nearly takes Peacock’s head off with his Lariat, turning Peacock inside out and causing him to land on his front. Black roars out loudly and then charges forward towards Gabrielle and ANOTHER ONE SHOT KILL TAKES GABRIELLE OVER THE TOP ROPE AND OUT OF THE MATCH!!!

Eliminated: Gabrielle by Alyster Black at 20:22

Rod Sterling: “Gabrielle is out! She’s gone and now we are down to two! Alyster Black and Chris Peacock; one of these two men are about to become the FWA World Champion for the first time! For Alyster Black, this is the chance of redemption after months of heartbreak. For Peacock, a chance to cap off the meteoric rise in the FWA by winning the World Championship just four days short of two years after his first match here.”

Peacock is not in a good way after the One Shot Kill and he scrambles on the mat to pull himself up but it is clear that the blow to the head was a tough one for him to take. Black watches Gabrielle being escorted away from the ring for a moment before he takes a deep breath and stands over Peacock, before he picks him up from behind to initiate the ending of the match by eliminating Peacock - however Peacock shoots his fist up and catches Black right in the face with Fight Fever!

The fist caught Black right under his jaw and it sends him back a few steps but Black approaches Peacock again and Chris kicks him in the gut and jacks Black’s jaw again with the Disco Thriller Stunner! The kick back sends Black wobbling backwards and Peacock rises to his feet and attempts to charge Black over the top rope, but Black holds on and manages to stay in the match, saving himself as Peacock had done many times before in this match.

Peacock turns and momentarily thinks that he has won it, but he quickly sees that Black is still present on the apron and very much part of the match still. Peacock approaches Black, but Black reaches forward and grabs him around the neck and with a Front Facelock applied, Black starts pulling Peacock over the ropes as well.

Rod Sterling: “Alyster Black used this method to eliminate the gargantuan Stu Grimes from a Battle Royal once before - he should not have any such trouble doing the same to Chris Peacock who gives a lot away in size compared to the MOOT member!”

The force of Black’s pull brings Peacock’s legs from the mat and eventually both men are on the apron together and Black releases Peacock due to the risk of taking himself too far back and getting himself eliminated. Both men are on their knees on the apron and in very dangerous territory, but they waste no time in laying into each other with traded punches and chops to each other and both find their way to their feet whilst still hitting each other.

Black lands a couple of heavy blows to Peacock’s face and this causes Chris to lose grip momentarily but he does get his hold on the ropes back. Peacock kicks out at Black and this causes Black’s arms to come away from the ropes and Black has to use Peacock himself to keep himself safe.

Both men are exhausted and they pull away from each other and look each other in the eyes. Peacock takes a deep breath. As does Alyster Black. They both cock their arms back and PEACOCK AND BLACK STRIKE EACH OTHER AT THE SAME TIME.

BOTH FALL.

BOTH LAND AT THE SAME TIME.

BLACK…

ON THE APRON.

PEACOCK…

ON THE FLOOR!!!

Eliminated: Chris Peacock by Alyster Black at 23:09

Winner: Alyster Black at 21:23

The crowd ROARS in approval as Chris Peacock is flat on his back outside the floor and Alyster Black is left hanging onto the middle rope, still on the apron. Black freezes as he realises what has just happened, as if the pandemonium currently occupying De Kuip is nothing. His hands shaking, Alyster Black is ushered back into the ring by one of the referees.

Black stands up, clearly in shock, as he has his X Championship given to him as he is used to after most matches but then the FWA World Championship - removed from its pedestal - is put in the free hand of the DOUBLE champion. Black has his arms raised and both titles are lofted into the air as confetti rains down on the ring.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “Here is your winner of the Battle Royal AND NEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW FWA WORLD CHAMPION…. ALYSTERRRRRRRRRRRRRR BLAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKK!!!”

Rod Sterling: “Anzu, I can barely hear myself think because of the noise in here! Alyster Black is the FWA World Champion! All of his blood, his sweat and his tears have been in preparation for this moment. Having watched this man’s career from near and afar for years, watching him ascend to the status of the greatest wrestler in the world. He’s the champion!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “The FWA fans have been waiting a long time for this moment, Rod. They’ve wanted Alyster Black to succeed, they knew he had it in him and so did he!”

Outside of the ring, Chris Peacock is on his knees and something catches his eye at ringside, and he moves out of the shot before the camera shifts back to Alyster Black. He has both of his championships over his shoulders and he nods his head to the approval of the crowd. Violet Dreyer has joined him in the ring and they share a hug together in celebration of Black’s victory - she was an important part of winning this match for him.

When the hug breaks off, Violet’s elation quickly fades, and as does Black’s music. The new FWA World Champion turns around… and CHRIS PEACOCK IS BACK IN THE RING WITH HIS GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY BRIEFCASE IN HAND!

Rod Sterling: “Wait. He’s not going to cash in NOW, is he?!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Peacock said he didn’t want to take the easy way out and having just been through all of that, it wouldn’t be!”

Peacock grabs the shirt of the referee in the ring, Larry Stevens, and pulls him closer to Alyster Black who stands firmly in front of him. Peacock holds his briefcase in front of him and the referee has his hands out ready…

…but Peacock lowers the briefcase down by his side in his left hand. There is an audible gush of relief from the crowd and Peacock stares into Black’s mask, as if he can see through it… and he extends his hand.

Rod Sterling: “Say what you will about Chris Peacock, but that is a classy move right there!”

There is not much consideration for Alyster Black to have as he accepts the handshake and then actually pulls Peacock in closer and both men exchange a few words before breaking it off. Peacock then leaves the ring through the ropes and the camera sees him looking proudly towards the stage as he walks away.

This means that Alyster Black can have the spotlight. A spotlight he has earned. He raises both of his championships up into the air as more confetti falls down.

Rod Sterling: “We have now entered the Era of Black - but there is a bright future for the Fantasy Wrestling Alliance!”[/CENTER]

Last edited:

ETE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
J1K3xhn
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Alyster Black winning the World Title is the best result on every level.

From a pure storyline perspective Toner stepping away and Aly taking the throne after their feud is the natural follow up . Rawr has been one of the best and most consistent writers in the fed for a while now, he's been unlucky to fall just short against Tig a couple of times. The Alyster Black character winning the big one feels like a real natural progression.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Alyster Black winning the World Title is the best result on every level.

From a pure storyline perspective Toner stepping away and Aly taking the throne after their feud is the natural follow up . Rawr has been one of the best and most consistent writers in the fed for a while now, he's been unlucky to fall just short against Tig a couple of times. The Alyster Black character winning the big one feels like a real natural progression.

Even as a new person to the Fed, I can tell that. Guy's earned it. Even that is why I had Vampyra acknowledge him as one of the best in FWA (until now) to not be world champion.

Big congrats to Rawr. Also:

Your Princess, has arrived. (Won't compete until at least the F1 is done, I am not that crazy).

Reactions: Death Walker

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u
I said this in the discussion thread on the discord, but it seems like the theme of this year is guys who are long due for winning the world title winning it for the first time. Which is cool because it precedes what was like 2-4 years of Cyrus Truth and Saint Sulley hoarding the title.

But in this year or so we've seen Randy Ramon, Krash, Danny Toner, and I think I'm missing one...but now Alyster Black. All guys long overdue but who have worked so hard.

I think a dude who has put so many years into this fed and others finally winning the title is a huge moment, and that's why Aly doing it is special. I also mentioned, Mike Parr is my pick for the next one of those long overdue guys. It's going to be a huge moment when he does it too. Kayden Knox is getting up there as well, and Jason Randall too.

This year though, in a year that has been so competitive, I think might be the year of Alyster Black. With the X title reign, and now this. If Uncle was still around he might've put up a fight, but to me Aly Black is the undisputed fighter of the year. And breakout star of the year.

Reactions: Death Walker