• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Panic Attack!

Reaction score
The MCMG are totally being treated like jobbers. On the road to Bound For Glory now, I'd be expected the team to be rising up the tag team ranks, facing off against teams such as Beer Money, Inc., British Invasion, and Booker T/Scott Steiner, but instead they're just totally being wasted after watching the last few weeks of IMPACT!

This time last year, when the MCMG were joining the Frontline, I have to admit that I was stating that in a year's time, they would be TNA World Tag Team Champions. I a little impressed when Shelley won the X Division belt earlier in the year over his tag team partner, Chris Sabin and started having a small feud with Foley (which I was expecting to turn into something huge) but again there, the MCMG were wasted.

Now though, they've been stuck on commentary and I'm personally hating it at the moment, thoughts?

noumenon

The only time these guys are put in the forefront is when they're running a promotion with Japan and they need two guys who can work at frantic video game pace.
They're two of the most talented guys in the company but like everyone else, they're being buried beneath their pushing 50 main event scene. It's a shame Vince doesn't know how to book his company and build young stars anymore or else TNA would have been cleaned out already.

PeepShow

They haven't done anything noteworthy at all since like AAO in 2008 in that 6 man tag match with the Dudley's in which they didn't want to blade. They were so over then too. Such a shame.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
They're two of the most talented guys in the company but like everyone else, they're being buried beneath their pushing 50 main event scene. It's a shame Vince doesn't know how to book his company and build young stars anymore or else TNA would have been cleaned out already.

Have you been watching TNA lately? They have a youth movement going right now. They're pushing AJ, Young, Hernandez, Matt Morgan. They have the World Elite standing up to the Mafia and actually taking them down. They have the young paired up with the old in their feuds. AJ/Sting, Morgan/Angle, Foley/Abyss, Beer Money-British Inv./3D-Mafia, Nash/Young/Hernandez. It's clear that the "TNA only pushes old guys" is done... at least for now.

As for the Gunz, yeah they've been pushing down the ladder. It's bs if you ask me. These guys, either tag team or singles are great. But I wouldn't want them to push them right now. They aren't on the BFG card. Why push them above guys who are challenging for titles? Or guys who's on a ppv card when they aren't? I'm pretty sure that after the tag title match at BFG, those teams wont be feuding anymore. Who does that leave? The Motor City Machine Guns challenging for the titles.

The Rated R CMStar

Have you been watching TNA lately? They have a youth movement going right now. They're pushing AJ, Young, Hernandez, Matt Morgan. They have the World Elite standing up to the Mafia and actually taking them down. They have the young paired up with the old in their feuds. AJ/Sting, Morgan/Angle, Foley/Abyss, Beer Money-British Inv./3D-Mafia, Nash/Young/Hernandez. It's clear that the "TNA only pushes old guys" is done... at least for now.

Abyss is damn sure not a young talent, and them trying to sell their push of AJ Styles as pushing a young star, or a new talent is complete BS. As for the rest, well, let's see how much of a push it actually is. The old/young shit is always done by TNA (especially in the last year with the MEM), and last show this happened, the vets won all the matches. If Matt Morgan for example goes over, then you have a point, but as of the moment, is the same BFG formula

Great One

Abyss is damn sure not a young talent, and them trying to sell their push of AJ Styles as pushing a young star, or a new talent is complete BS. As for the rest, well, let's see how much of a push it actually is. The old/young shit is always done by TNA (especially in the last year with the MEM), and last show this happened, the vets won all the matches. If Matt Morgan for example goes over, then you have a point, but as of the moment, is the same BFG formula
How is Abyss not a young talent? You realize he's younger than Hernandez, right? The young guys are definitely getting the spotlight now, I don't even see how it can be denied other then blind hate for TNA.

The Rated R CMStar

How is Abyss not a young talent? You realize he's younger than Hernandez, right? The young guys are definitely getting the spotlight now, I don't even see how it can be denied other then blind hate for TNA.

How Abyss is not a young talent? How about the fact that he is 36 years old.

As for the rest, is the younger talent being pushed more than, let's say, a couple of months back? Yes, but look back, TNA always does this "new push" wave that leads absolutely nowhere, and it tends to be always entering this event. Last year, we had Samoa Joe on top of the mountain, AJ Styles working all summer with Kurt Angle and being put over. Before that, we have had pushes of Jay Lethal, Kaz, Chris Harris, others, that were being said to be surefire main eventers with their pushes and went absolutely nowhere.

That's exactly what I'm saying. TNA has done this Hernandez, Matt Morgan type push to other talents in the past. Until I do not see them actually come through and have Morgan defeat Kurt Angle for example, it will not be any different that what they have done before.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it blind hate. CMS has legitimate concerns of this basically being the same kinda situation that's happened in the past. I am confident that the company is finally turning around thanks to this time being different than all the others. (I.E. Jeff Jarrett is gone this time around). But I'll pretty much give it til the end of this year before I consider whether or not the pushing of the young guys is gonna work.

I mean look at it this way, rumors are running rampant that Booker T and Scott Steiner are on their way out the door. Kevin Nash aint gonna stick around much longer and he knows he's just about finished. Kurt Angles rumors of going back to WWE are also rampant. And Sting is supposed to be retiring. IF, and that's a big big IF, all these rumors are true...who's left for TNA to push above their own home grown talent? With all those A-Listers gone, they are gonna need to breathe some serious life into the main event scene. I think that's when you're gonna see AJ Styles, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Abyss and hell, even maybe Eric Young as permanent main event fixtures to fill the huge gap.

If that were to happen, I think it would be every true wrestling fans dream come true. Because by then Matt Morgan, AJ Styles and Samoa Joe would pretty much be the top 3 pushed guys at that stage. Sure they may still have Mick Foley and Bobby Lashley around, and yes Bobby Lashley very well could take up alot of that spotlight that I'm hoping goes to other guys. But when you consider Lashley being ONE former WWE guy at the top, as opposed to 6-7, wouldn't that be a HUGE improvement?

noumenon

^Yessir. TNA done right is a serious force to be reckoned with. Which is why their product has been so frustrating over the past few years. I think they're finally starting to realize that all of the former WWE stars didn't do as much good for them as they had hoped. If anything it took them off the positive path they were headed down for a while.

Great One

Point was Abyss is younger than Hernandez and you don't necessarily have to be physically youthful to pull off his gimmick. And the fact that he will be going over Foley at BFG, and I guarantee Morgan will beat Angle. Same goes for Sting (although I'm not gonna guarantee this one... TNA seems to think Sting is some sort of God and actually draws some sort of ratings). Also, Samoa Joe drew the worst ratings ever as a champion and one clean win over Angle =/= a push, Kaz got injured, and wtf did they do with Chris Harris? Lol at AJ ever going over before. He's been made to look like a bitch ever since Angle/Cage showed up, hence why his win was such a big deal and why this is incomparable to previous altercations.

The Rated R CMStar

Also, Samoa Joe drew the worst ratings ever as a champion and one clean win over Angle =/= a push,

Joe failing as champ is a fact, but you can't deny he was given a push (how arguing it was not a push I cannot understand).

Kaz got injured

He was already getting depushed to lower midcard matches with Petey Williams and that Suicide shit.

wtf did they do with Chris Harris?

Put him in a title match and put him over Christian Cage (back when Christian was still being booked as a series main eventer), only to then get dropped to a feud with Black Reign.

Lol at AJ ever going over before. He's been made to look like a bitch ever since Angle/Cage showed up, hence why his win was such a big deal and why this is incomparable to previous altercations.

Pussy AJ Styles has been gone long time (ended exactlty with his feud with Kurt Angle propelled by Karen). The thing is he has been jobbed to Sting and others in the last year.

As for Abyss, no, you don't have to be youthful to play his gimmick, but you do have to be young to be considered young talent (i mean, what the hell), and the fact that anybody puts Abyss as an example of young talent being pushed right now and how TNA is pushing new talent is an insult, considering how a) Abyss is nothing but young b) Abyss has already been World Champ and the only reason he would be getting pushed now is because they depushed him and gave him stupid monster treatment.

Panic Attack!

Reaction score
I think TNA is going in a few rights AND a few wrongs though after viewing all the comments featured. Most of the good things obviously include Hernandez and Matt Morgan being pushed up the ranks, the World Elite, a quite awesome faction, standing up to the MEM, KO Division seems to be going great and that includes singles division and tag team division, and AJ Styles as Champion makes me pretty happy. Abyss/Foley feud seems to be going good too as does the Morgan push.

Most of the wrongs though include AJ basically being shifted over to let an old veteran such as Sting have his time, and I'm quite afraid if TNA book Sting to win the belt, tbh. I feel that Samoa Joe has lacked in the ring and despite being a better commentator than Don West, they definitely dropped the ball by placing Taz on the announce team with Mike Tenay because the Joe/Taz alliance was about to get interesting and I've noticed Joe has kinda lacked inside the ring for the past while. Bobby Lashley seems to be taking up a lot of spotlight, and it just seems to me that TNA are feeding off WWE talent, I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Anderson was hired next, despite him likely being a good talent to the roster.

If the rumours are true that Booker T, Scott Steiner, and Kevin Nash are leaving, I think it'll be good for the business even though I have a soft spot for 'Big Sexy'. Sting will likely also be retiring soon enough either at BFG or in 6 months time so it'll definitely give room for new talent into the main event scene and tag team scene now that Booker T/Steiner will be gone. That's where I'm hoping the MCMG will come in, still a bit disappointed that they aren't yet booked for BFG but I have a feeling that TNA wouldn't overlook them and leave them out, after all, they do have phenomenal talent in the ring.

Great One

Nah, wasn't denying it was a push just saying it was why they dropped the ball there, AJ so far is doing much better. And I don't ever remember Angle actually putting him over big time in a match.

Abyss is probably their best, original character. Why wouldn't he be getting pushed? He's their Mankind.

Double J

Reaction score
As for Abyss, no, you don't have to be youthful to play his gimmick, but you do have to be young to be considered young talent (i mean, what the hell), and the fact that anybody puts Abyss as an example of young talent being pushed right now and how TNA is pushing new talent is an insult, considering how a) Abyss is nothing but young b) Abyss has already been World Champ and the only reason he would be getting pushed now is because they depushed him and gave him stupid monster treatment.

OK taking this logic I can also say that TNA pushing AJ as young talent is an insult since he's 31 years old (only 5 years younger than Abyss), one of the originals, was the top guy in the company for years, and has won the heavyweight, X-division, and tag titles multiple times.

As far as the MCMG, I'm thinking maybe they'll be back in the ring soon. My guess is they are slowly bringing them back as wrestlers with the debut of a new entrance song and video.

I also forgot about Lethal Consequences, would much rather see them in a title match too instead of the British Invasion.

The Rated R CMStar

In a way, you would be also right about AJ Styles. The only reason they have to make this groundbreaking push to AJ is because they took this even younger, hot talent, already a TNA Triple Crown Champion and made him a bitch.