McMahon Praises The Miz, Talks About New WWE Stars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
- Vince McMahon said at the WWE investor call this morning that the company is on an upswing in terms of the talent cycle lately. Vince said that early indications from the Royal Rumble show that a talent shift is already happening but he expects WrestleMania 27 to be a major launching point for new talents.

- Vince was asked if WWE fans were buying into new characters yet and Vince said he feels the new stars were really getting over and that he was proud of that. Vince noted that fans' reactions at live events are a good way for officials to judge.

Vince was asked who the next big WWE Superstar is. Vince joked about WWE talents possibly listening to the call and then praised WWE Champion The Miz. Vince noted that Miz has been with them for a long time and fought his way to the top of the company. Vince also named Alberto Del Rio and Randy Orton (of all people) as "new" characters on the rise.
Don't get Orton being mentioned as a "new" character on the rise but good for ADR and Miz getting praise from Vince.

Kairi

Reaction score
i'm looking forward to what they do with del rio.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Don't get Orton being mentioned as a "new" character on the rise but good for ADR and Miz getting praise from Vince.
character change from The Legend Killer to The Viper :confused:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That transition been made like 2 years ago so it's not really new. I guess maybe he is talking about the Viper character being a anti hero but it isn't rising though.

Kylie

Reaction score
When I read that my first thought was maybe Orton's change from heel to face. Possibly something that will stick for a while?