• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

McMahon Not Returning To Television Just Yet...

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
http://www.pro-wrestling.com/news.php?a=1&n=NTM0NDA=

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

WWE is reportedly changing their initial plans for The Authority. Originally, there was talk about bringing Vince McMahon back to TV as a regular character and having him battle Triple H for control of the company going into WrestleMania 30. Those plans have apparently been jettisoned.

In addition, for whatever reason, WWE opted to change the on-air role for Stephanie McMahon and stopped referring to her as one of the owners of the company.

Makes sense and should be a given considering there's really no signs of why anything The Authority is doing at the moment should lead to Vince coming back to oppose them or lead to them wanting to completely overthrow Vince for full and total control of the company (to be honest, if that storyline were to happen, Vince being the face and Triple H being the heel is sort of ass-backwards to how it should be done imo.) However, I wouldn't have minded seeing Vince back as a heel in Triple H's corner in some way for the feud with Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania. Guess it is preferable and does make more sense though to only have him return after Mania to find everything in shambles compared to how it was back when he was last on WWE television - Orton no longer the champion and "face of the WWE", Triple H losing to a guy like Bryan that he didn't consider an A-plus player, etc.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Vince will only show up back on TV when the ratings drop or attendance totals start to drop... right now neither is happening. If WWE ever starts to sink, which is doubtful, then Vince will swoop in to try his best to save the day. That's the only time we will ever see Vince.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
He will return the day after WrestleMania, proclaiming a new era with Hunter and Stephanie off our screens for a bit. Then, the next big angle will be Vince (heel) vs. Hunter (face) for the control of the company, which could happen at SummerSlam or WM31 (SS is a bit too near to Hunter's WM30 defeat). #callingitnow

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
He will return the day after WrestleMania, proclaiming a new era with Hunter and Stephanie off our screens for a bit. Then, the next big angle will be Vince (heel) vs. Hunter (face) for the control of the company, which could happen at SummerSlam or WM31 (SS is a bit too near to Hunter's WM30 defeat). #callingitnow

That's what I'm thinking, except they'll still go with Vince as the face and Triple H as the heel.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking, except they'll still go with Vince as the face and Triple H as the heel.

That would make the angle unwatchable for me. And, if that was the case, wouldn't this year's Mania be the place to do it or even in a 5v5 at the last Survivor Series when Hunter was in total heel mode?

Vince returns after Mania, running things on his own (maybe Maddox is GM but whatever). He sure neither face or heel characteristics and is just pleased that Hunter/Steph are gone. Gradually, he becomes more heel-like over the weeks and months. Hunter returns as a babyface, challenges him at SummerSlam. Vince picks Cesaro as his guy. That be sweeeeet.