Max Landis signs on for Chronicle Sequel

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Viper

Reaction score
Comingsoon.net said:
With the worldwide gross of the original already having topped $100 million, 20th Century Fox has its sights set on a sequel to Chronicle. Deadline reports that the original film's screenwriter, Max Landis, has signed on to draft a followup.

Released on February 3rd, the original film was directed by Josh Trank and stars Dane DeHaan, Michael B. Jordan and Alex Russell.

The film tells the story of three high school students who make an incredible discovery, leading to them developing uncanny powers beyond their understanding. As they learn to control their abilities, and use them to their advantage, their lives start to spin out of control, and their darker sides begin to take over.

There's no word yet on who else from the original might be returning for the sequel, though Trank was, yesterday, rumored to be negotiating to next direct Venom, based on the "Spider-Man" villain/antihero.

Landis, the son of film director John Landis, is also attached to Fox's untitled Frankenstein film and Pied Piper as well as an untitled space adventure film at Walt Disney Pictures.

I still haven't seen Chronicle but I heard it was B-A-D-A-S-S!

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I still haven't seen Chronicle but I heard it was B-A-D-A-S-S!

Unless they manage to bring back the lead from the last one, I doubt I'll be interested.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Where did you hear it was B-A-D-A-S-S? Certainly not from me. Oh and my thoughts on it are located here....

http://pulse-forums.net/showthread.php?369-The-Wing-Kong-Exchange&p=35768&viewfull=1#post35768

And for the record I won't be going to see a sequel. There's no other story that can be told and the first film was sub-par at best.
I liked it just fine. But I agree there isn't anywhere to go.

I mean unless they bring the main character back to life, I have no desire to see a sequel.

The Viper

Reaction score
Where did you hear it was B-A-D-A-S-S? Certainly not from me. Oh and my thoughts on it are located here....

http://pulse-forums.net/showthread.php?369-The-Wing-Kong-Exchange&p=35768&viewfull=1#post35768

And for the record I won't be going to see a sequel. There's no other story that can be told and the first film was sub-par at best.

A few of my friends went to see it and they loved it. Read some good reviews on it as well.

Sent from my trusty HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Reactions: 1 person

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I don't want to see it cause Fuji said it was garbage.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I don't want to see it cause Fuji said it was garbage.

I didn't say it was garbage, I said it was a load of cacapoopie. :lol:

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Same thing. :lol:

Either way, I won't be watching it.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I hate to be reviving this topic, but what do you mean, the main character doesn't need to be revived because he is till alive. There were three main characters and I believe it was a better movie than your giving it credit for.

I believe two of the main characters dying gave the actual lead character story and acting depth. Moreso, who knows, maybe in the sequel they can do some crazy storyline twist.

But to tell people it's garbage is not cool. Not to patronize you, because I wouldn't do that but you didn't understand the rich characters and the story?

Eddie North

Reaction score
I think they problem with this movie was, the things that were supposed to make you say, OH WOW, made you just go, eh... The movie wasn't all it was cracked up to be, and the whole, I got picked on then I get all these powers and now I'm a bully, story is played out... so played out that's how a lot of villain characters start now a days. I wouldn't pay to see a second one in theaters, and being that the first didn't do that well doesn't help me understand why they are making a second.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
The first one did way better on a 12 million budget. It did well. And, to be honest, it wasn't really the people at school, moreso than it was his dad. So, I think it may be alittle cliche but ALOT of movies today are cliche and rehashed. Just reworded and whatnot. But, more on the thing about the lead character, I believe all three of them were starring roles. Who knows, maybe this second one will be way better than the first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddie North

Reaction score
It was too the kids in school. The beginning of the movie when the football jock knocks him over and the camera goes sliding across the hall. The girls that thought he was weird when he was recording himself near their practice. The Black Kid that got powers with him prior to them getting powers even picked on him a bit as well as his cousin who had a bit of mockery toward him. The kid was bullied by just about everyone, he was just beat up by his father.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
It was too the kids in school. The beginning of the movie when the football jock knocks him over and the camera goes sliding across the hall. The girls that thought he was weird when he was recording himself near their practice. The Black Kid that got powers with him prior to them getting powers even picked on him a bit as well as his cousin who had a bit of mockery toward him. The kid was bullied by just about everyone, he was just beat up by his father.

True, but I still think the dad stuff put him over the edge.

Eddie North

Reaction score
His mom being sick helped push him over the edge with him wanting to help her.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
No if you remember correctly, when he was in the hospital and his dad was blaming him for his mothers death, is when he finally snapped. What movie were you watching? lol