Matt Morgan: The "Blue Print"?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GREYGHOST

Reaction score
Is Matt Morgan the "blue print" for what a "big" man is suposed ot be in pro wrestling?

This is in no way an attempt to discount the athleticism of Morgan, but is he a standard bearer for what we should want to see out of men his size. I say no. The truth, in my opinion, is that Matt is a reimagined Kevin Nash. He does very little in the ring, but has a strong presence. It's a shame he's not as good on the mic as Big Kev. Now before you try to impale me for saying that Nash is better than Morgan, just think about it. The knock on Nash has always been his in-ring work, but on the mic he typically shines. Where as Morgan has never really stood out with his in-ring work or on the mic. The only reason he gets noticed is because of his size and quite frankly their are other wrestlers that have his same dimensions that can have incredible matches and preform moves that are on par with some of the smaller wrestlers.

Thoughts, opinions, etc...please

Reaction score
You are right to critticize Morgan, he sucks. Nash at a comparable age was equal in terms of ring work and he's somewhat larger than Morgan. And there's no reason to compare mic skills. Nash is/was the vastly the vastly superior big man. Plus morgan is like test, tomko,albert big, which is still a step down from a true big man like Nash.

McFly...

Reaction score
Matt Morgan is overrated. I've seen guys like the Undertaker and Sid do the things he is doing. On the mic he is terrible. I wish he could slow down his talking in his promos, just can't take him seriously. Is he good in the role in trying to take down Immortal? Yeah, but lets be honest anybody can be good in that role.

pumpt73

Reaction score
See I don't mind Morgan, but he's nothing special either. I like his mic work, but like Enzo said, he needs to slow down and just take it easy. Other than that, he seems fairly comfortable behind the stick. His wrestling isn't nothing that wows, he works like a standard big man. On the other hand, we shouldn't expect a tecnical marvel either. Morgan has potential to be pushed. I've seen plenty a TNA fan get behind him and on his bandwagon. He just has to be used right. TNA has done a lot to get him into the spotlight, but he's going to be one of those guys who will need a title to really help push his career. To be honest, I wouldn't care a bit if he was released, and Tomko brought back. I miss Tomko.

CMS

Reaction score
Considering there are big guys like Jack Swagger and Sheamus around, he's certainly no blue print.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
He reminds me a lot of Test in the ring, and the opposite of him on the mic. (Test was way too slow talking and Morgan goes 100 miles an hour). He really hasn't improved much since he was on SD with a stuttering gimmick. He seems like a hard worker and solid hand to have around, but the God given talent just isn't there. He'll need to learn to be crafty, perhaps try to find a big man legend like Taker and pick his brain for tips and such.

I'd rather them bring Hernandez back and push him than see Morgan get the title feud.

Uncle Saucey

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh, take him or leave him, does nothing to impress me. Seems like an intelligent guy so maybe he'll figure it out down the road but right now, nah....... Doesn't cut it.