Matt Hardy to face Kevin Steen on October 5th?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Dayton Ohio, 8/12/05 Matt Hardy vs. Homicide
Chicago Ridge Illinois, 8/13/05 Matt Hardy vs. Roderick Strong

I am not sure if those were the only ROH events he worked in '05 but I have both of those matches on video. This was durring the time Edge & Lita had become an item, and Matt was left with his hand & a pink slip. So some of us have seen Matt in what probably will be his prime in ROH, even if he is cleaned up I highly doubt he would be able to perform at that level 7 years later.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
He had 3 matches in ROH. You're missing out on the match he had with Christopher Daniels at Fate of an Angel.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah I saw the Homicide match which I thought was very good, he got a great response from what I could tell aswell. The Edge feud was his last big shot at a top run and the last time I really enjoyed any of his work was in his series with Gregory Helms which was like 2006 time. If he has really reformed and got back in decent shape I wish him all the best.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It was either 2006 or 2007 that he had a match Finlay on SD!. Probably my favorite non-gimmick match Matt ever had. I'd put it ahead of the Gregory Helms feud.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It was either 2006 or 2007 that he had a match Finlay on SD!. Probably my favorite non-gimmick match Matt ever had. I'd put it ahead of the Gregory Helms feud.

Oh ok don't know if I saw that one Finlay tend to have solid matches with anyone. So when is this match with Steen supposed to take place?

TKK

Reaction score
Just saying, Finlay can make anyone look good. If this isn't a gimmick match I have a feeling that it will suck really bad.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;0oSHnPxCu_o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oSHnPxCu_o&feature=g-u-u[/video]

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Awesome vid, I look forward to seeing this if it's released on DVD or online.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Never expected Matt Hardy back in ROH. He had some good matches during his brief run in 05 but after what he has done the past few years I didn't think he would be given the opportunity. Anytime you hire a Hardy these days you are taking a massive risk so hopefully ROH don't have too high expectations for this match. In saying that Matt does look in much better shape now than he did in his TNA run.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I only remember him have one good match for ROH in 2005 and that was with Strong.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not wanting to start any speculation or anything but in that first video did Hardy look like he was slightly out of it or what. It was either than or he has a lazy eye.

Reaction score
I don't wanna piss on anyone who's super excited for this. Steen is cool... Matt is this never-was who's trying to get the rub off of guys coming up now. It's really sad. Matt was a good hand when he was in the tag team with Jeff. I've seen him live a few times and I won't lie man, he popped the crowd with his hot tag segment and all that. I dug the V1 stuff. That was cool.

The worm turned for me when the whole Edge/Lita deal happened. I've seen a lot of talks on it with all parties involved and it seems to me that Matt really was immature in general and how he handled the situation. I think Edge was very secure in himself, he and Lita hit it off because they traveled together, and stuff happened. It's not something they were proud of, they both cared for Matt but you know what no wedding rings were involved. These things happen quite frankly.

It all comes out in the public arena, and it turned into a chance for Matt to really reach that next level and back up all that hype people had attached to him during the V1 stage. He had all this heat on him and sympathy from the crowd. I mean that should have been the easiest opportunity to snatch. Matt grew up wanting to do this, grew up wanting to be a star. Here's your shot, kid. He comes out and cuts one of the worst promos I've ever seen. I mean you could literally feel the crowd going from red hot and wild to mild.

That sums up Matt Hardy to me. He squanders opportunities, believes too much of his own hype, and he's incredibly immature.

I see all of that in this promo. He's not a mic guy. The segment would have been really good honestly if he didn't add those hackney catchphrases at the end.

Sorry to just bury the dude, and if anyone is super excited for this match I am open to listening why. That's just my thoughts on Matt Hardy.

Reactions: 1 person