Match of the Year

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

My ROH top 10

1) Briscoes vs Sydal/Claudio

2) Somoa Joe vs Nigel

3) Chris Hero vs CLuadio vs Nigel vs Quackenbush

4) Briscoes vs MCMG

5) Dragongate 3 on 3

6) Whitmer vs Jacobs Cage match

7) Morishima vs Nigel II

8) Mark vs Jay Briscoe

9) Steen Generico vs Jigsaw Quackenbush

10) Morishima vs Nigel I

Some candidates

ROH Good Times, Great Memories
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley ****1/2

ROH Fifth Year Festival: The Finale
Jay Briscoe vs. Mark Briscoe ****1/2

ROH Respect is Earned
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Matt Sydal & Claudio Castagnoli ****1/2

ROH Supercard of Honor II
Jimmy Jacobs vs. BJ Whitmer ****1/4

ROH Supercard of Honor II
CIMA, SHINGO & Susumu Yokosuka vs. Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid & Masaaki Mochizuki ****1/2

ROH 7/16/07
Takeshi Morishima vs. Nigel McGuinness II ****

ROH Fight At The Roxbury
Nigel McGuinness vs. Chris Hero vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Mike Quackenbush **** 1/2

ROH Fifth Year Festival: Dayton
Roderick Strong vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. M-Dogg 20 vs. Mark Briscoe vs. SHINGO vs. Pelle Primeau ****

ROH Battle of St. Paul
Takeshi Morishima vs. Austin Aries ****

ROH Fifth Year Festival: NYC
Samoa Joe vs. Takeshi Morishima ****

ROH Fifth Year Festival: The Finale
Samoa Joe vs. Homicide ****

ROH Fifth Year Festival: Philly
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. El Generico & Kevin Steen ****

ROH Fifth Year Festival: Chicago
Colt Cabana vs. Jimmy Jacobs ****

ROH Fighting Spirit
El Generico & Kevin Steen vs. Jay Briscoe & Erick Stevens & Then Mark Briscoe ****

ROH Fight At The Roxbury
Kevin Steen vs. Mark Briscoe ****

SuperCard of Honor II
Austin Aries vs Rodderick Strong ****

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
Iam still yet to see the Claudio Vs Hero Vs Nigel Vs Quack match i've downloaded it though, iam impressed you rated the Joe Vs Nigel match as high as you have alot of people i see have it low on there list, i thought it had alot of grest ring psychology and most importantly in how i rate matches i highly enjoyed it.

My Top 5.

1. Samoa Joe Vs Nigel McGuinness

2. Briscoes Vs Murder City Machine Guns

3. Briscoes Vs Mat Sydal and Claudio Castagnoli

4. Nigel McGuinness Vs Takeshi Morishima

5. Jimmy Jacobs Vs BJ Whitmer - Steel Cage Showdown

Soulpower

1)Jimmy Jacobs vs BJ Whitmer (Steel Cage Showdown)

Not only was it a great match, its the only match on the list that had over a year of build-up. The feud was well done and although they wrestled in every show in some way, shape or form, they always left the fans begging for more. Out of all the MOTY candidates, this was the only one that was used as the blow-off to a lengthy feud and oh yeah... The match delivered on all fronts and it showed why the Cage Match is still one of the most dangerous matches in Wrestling.

2)Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe vs MCMG

It doesn't get the top spot for two reasons... It wasn't built up as well as it could have, and the outcome was never really in doubt. We knew it was going to be great, but we knew that Briscoes would emerge victorious.

3)Takeshi Morishima vs Nigel McGuiness

This match erased any doubts the fan had about Morishima and wheter or not he could go in longer matches. I would say the match that solidified Takeshi as the ROH champ.

4)Jay Briscoe vs Mark Briscoe

The said they needed to Man Up, and they did just that. The just stiffed the hell out of each other for a long time and while people didn't like the finish, I though it was brilliant. Both men gave it their all until they could give no more.... Not bad considering they were never going to wrestle each other again >_>

5)Briscoes vs Claudio and Sydal.

I'm putting this match at number five for now, but there's still some matches I haven't seen that got great reviews. Danielson vs KENTA, Danielson vs McGuiness from the second PPV. There's still some months left in 07, so this top five might look a bit different when its all said and done.

Gamer287

Reaction score
1.Low Ki vs Samoa Joe
2.The Bricose vs MCMG
3.Low Ki vs Kenta
4.Samoa Joe vs Kenta Kobashi
5.Samoa Joe vs Paul London
6.Colt Cabana vs Adam Pearce
7.Samoa Joe vs Davey Richards
8.Noamich Marufuji vs Rocky Romero
9.Samoa Joe vs Austin Aries
10.CM Punk vs Jimmy Rave (Steel Cage)