Mark Hunt, 'Bigfoot' Silva agree to headline next UFC event in Australia

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
UFC returns to Australia on Dec. 21, and heavyweight Mark Hunt will be on the main event of the Fight Night card.

Sources close to the situation confirmed to MMAFighting.com that Pride veteran Mark Hunt has verbally agreed to meet Brazilian heavyweight Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva in a five-round battle in Australia on Dec. 21, but the city or venue for the event has not been determined. Combate first reported the news.

At 39, Hunt returns to the Octagon after a third-round TKO loss to former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos at UFC 160 back in May. Prior to that loss, Hunt was riding a four-fight winning streak, including stoppages over Chris Tuchscherer, Cheick Kongo and Stefan Struve.

Silva, a former EliteXC and Cage Rage heavyweight champion, looks to return to the win column following his first-round loss to Cain Velasquez at UFC 160, when he had his chance to fight for the heavyweight championship. Silva, who has lost twice to Velasquez in the UFC, is 2-2 under the Zuffa banner, having his arms raised after knockout wins over Travis Browne and Alistair Overeem.
Would have preferred Hunt/Nelson, but I can dig this fight.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah I'm with you. Big Country vs. Mark Hunt woulda been real nice. But this should be pretty good. Although I don't see Hunt underestimating Silva like Overeem did and I see Hunt finishing this one in brutal fashion.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Silva's glass chin is going to be a problem. I like this fight and I'm happy my boy Stipe Miocic gets to avoid these beasts. Australia is going to rowdy for Hunt, pretty pumped for this one.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Think Bigfoot has a chance in this fight, he only has problems with guys who are faster than him. And I'm not going to say Hunt is slow, but c'mon......not Cain Velasquez here. Not even Cormier.

Hunt most likely gets Big Country either way. Unless Cormier stays at HW.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Bigfoot all day.

Prol most underrated fighter in MMA because Cain made him look like a bitch jobber. Don't forget he wrestlefucked Fedor and banged out Reem & Browne. Got some good wins.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Have to agree with Cork, it seems like a gimmie fight cause BigFoot got murdered by Cain twice and Mark Hunt (who the Aussies try to claim as an Aussie) is fighting in an Aussie card but BigFoot has some huge wins. I'd rank his wins up there with any other current HW. A 50/50 fight though, on the feet Hunt will eat anything BF can throw, on the ground though Hunts improved BJJ may not be enough.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Shogun vs. James Te Huna has been added to this Australia show as well. It's set to be the Co-Mainevent to Hunt/Silva.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Really hotshotting Te Huna aren't they........nothing I've seen from him tells me he is ready for this jump up in competition. Even as washed up Shogun seems, I don't see him losing to that guy.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Shogun always seems to have those rare moments when everything is clicking and he is just completely motivated and finishes someone without issue. This maybe one of those times.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I know Te-Huna is dangerous, but it still feels like they are feeding Shogun here. Then again if this fight stays standing, Te-Huna could finish him quickly. Fun fight just seems a bit odd.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Another 50/50 fight. Either Shogun gets a win again and everyone's happy or Te Huna beats a big name and the UFC can market that.