AMA Manifest Destiny - Mar. 3 - Daytona Beach, FL [Show]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Big Money Matt is a direct ripoff of Christopher McMichaels bc I came up with this character in 2008 and Matt as a pic base in 2009 or so. I'm looking to sue
apparently big money matt is a character based on some two bit promoter that ripped off Matt and Jeff in the indies early on :heston

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Once again, me. Thank you so much!

Northern Touch v Hamad Agency had its challenges of being Heel vs Heel, but I knew of the tension between the latter so I built that up more which as I saw with the post-main event stuff, it ended up helping.

As for the Turmoil, I instantly thought of two narratives with the match. The early part of The Residence doing their dominance, showing strategy for each opponent. Then the latter which was the Bordeaux's being the underdogs with an inexperienced member of the team fighting from underneath. With Malice's attack, it sort of was a disruptor. While it didn't make the most sense for the babyfaces to have a quick win over battered heels, especially with one character's well, character of a novice, so instead I had Bret mostly dominate, then Trixie's inexperience catch up, the Residence isolate, but are too tired to capitalize. Trixie's heart saved them, Bret gets in, and The Residence run out of gas. Then add that with the final stretch of the Northern Touch being too over confident, playing off your promos, I think the four matches built a story which highlighted most the teams in the match in some way.
the storytelling was great. I was especially impressed with the hamad/touch match because it had some very rich in ring details and just a lot of stuff that made a ton of sense and made it such an easy read. you are really good at writing tag matches, fucking nailed it

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
apparently big money matt is a character based on some two bit promoter that ripped off Matt and Jeff in the indies early on :heston

Likely story, I know that bum was stalking e-feds

• Haha
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
the storytelling was great. I was especially impressed with the hamad/touch match because it had some very rich in ring details and just a lot of stuff that made a ton of sense and made it such an easy read. you are really good at writing tag matches, fucking nailed it

If you think my tag matches are good, wait until you see me write a heated singles match ;)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Likely story, I know that bum was stalking e-feds
SRS keeps pushing this idea that matt hardy should by TK's "finish guy like Pat Patterson" because he's so creative etc. it's actually not a crazy idea imo . he's really good at creating characters too, can't be a bad thing to help young folks

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
SRS keeps pushing this idea that matt hardy should by TK's "finish guy like Pat Patterson" because he's so creative etc. it's actually not a crazy idea imo . he's really good at creating characters too, can't be a bad thing to help young folks

He's good for gimmicks and broad ideas, not a segment planner though, he'll do some dumb shit if you leave the small details to him, it's why the broken stuff was so hit or miss for me lol

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
He's good for gimmicks and broad ideas, not a segment planner though, he'll do some dumb shit if you leave the small details to him, it's why the broken stuff was so hit or miss for me lol
agreed. characters, finishes, etc are fine. no multiverse planning for hi mtho lol

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Manifest Destiny Review Pt. 1

- the opening segment was - well written by me, so I'm not self reviewing

- some build up between McMichaels and the Northern Touch - something to build up to later on in the show.

- Buried Alive match to kick off the night - a match that everyone surely can't wait to read. Blake Justice's involvement in the match is a nice touch, even if he is a god damn son of a bitch!
- And then you add MDC into the match - lets go boys! lets fucking goooooooooooo!
- And now Brandan Roberts - thing are really starting to get wild and its only the first match of the night. oh it Saus-X! The Sausage King!
- Wakefield with the betrayal is such a perfect moment!
- "Rest in peace, you piece of shit!"

- another one from yours truly.

- and another - I hope Lethal enjoyed the way I portrayed Norman.

- and MDC interview - always a fan of people writing segments for my characters. I enjoy the unknown. One day - someone else will include MDC's catchphrase in as segment. Maybe.

- McMichaels & Pariah vs. the Northern Touch - hyped about this one. The match was a good read, and the Northern Touch advance, whilst the Hamad Agency is really starting to crack.

- Ishii coming for Liberty's title shot - what shenanigans are we in for.

- Semi Final #1. Maverick advances to to the Grand Final, after another good match.

- time for a bit of L.O.L. BAYBAY! Don't mess with Liberty.

- The High Command - Coming Soon!

- another slice of Liberty. Ishii vs. Lawson, turn up the heat in this kitchen.

- Honestly - the Bunkhouse was the hardest match I've written in a very long time. Not sure if I was happy with myself afterwards tbh.

- and another one written by moi.

- tag team turmoil time: Residence vs. Burger Party - was only ever going in one direction, straight to the chopping board! Although I honestly wouldn't have given the jobbers so much time in the ring.
- Not it is time for Malice though - bringing a while different factor to the table, but the Residence continues riding the wave and out last two teams in another great match.
- The Bordeauxs now - another new team [I think anyway]. The third match I really enjoyed as well, but its the B's that go on and continue whilst the Residence fall short. (Beavie fair play for writing such a massive match - no way I'd have gone this HAM).
- The Northern Touch enter as the final team in the match - wow another great match and Bella and Brett stand tall as the winners.

- was nice to get to know Cali Hayama - seems like a solid enough talent. Bridges and her having a friendly moment, only for McMichaels to stick his nose where it doesn't belong. What a heel bastard! The second interaction was funny as fuck.

- Bobby Tremblay finding himself in dangerous waters - wonder what will happen to him if the Northern Touch were to lose again?

- Full Metal Mayhem! Good match and I feel like it might be a big win for Blaine as a writer as well.

- Residence attacking Malice during their ritual was also a good segment - also changes the entire dynamic of the tag team scene. Interested to see how this develops.

TBC .

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I'm glad you liked the MDC segment, Juice. :proud

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Manifest Destiny Review Pt. 2

- Shinzo vs. Brian was a good match - and good length. Didn't feel bogged down reading it, especially with the main-event on the horizon.

- Justice build up - for personally the most important match as a roleplay I will have had in a long time.

- Ishii vs. L.O.L. will be interesting -especially as a story based match. And its a mighty squash. MUHAHAHAHA!

- Buffalo Jones leaving is a shame - he was for sure one of my favourite characters.

- THE BOILER ROOM BRAWL! Really enjoyed the match - and its a bittersweet ending to the feud. I am obviously happy with the win, but now me and Fourth's development feud is over. Already eager to see what 4th does next with Blake. (On a serious note - if someone else is looking for a nice development feud with MDC - please reach out to me or Smark)

- Norman vs. Christian is a great feud - and the fireball just changes everything.

- I would say foreign language promo, should always come with translation in brackets.The promo on first glance as good, but I did need to use google translate afterwards to check I got all the meaning.

- Bordeauxs and Touch is going to be another cool feud I feel.

- Shinzo is the first Grand Champion! Big gratz to Jeff for winning the tournament. It was a great match, and a great way to end the show.

- Show was a big show - and it did live up to the hype

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Manifest Destiny Review Pt. 1

- the opening segment was - well written by me, so I'm not self reviewing

- some build up between McMichaels and the Northern Touch - something to build up to later on in the show.

- Buried Alive match to kick off the night - a match that everyone surely can't wait to read. Blake Justice's involvement in the match is a nice touch, even if he is a god damn son of a bitch!
- And then you add MDC into the match - lets go boys! lets fucking goooooooooooo!
- And now Brandan Roberts - thing are really starting to get wild and its only the first match of the night. oh it Saus-X! The Sausage King!
- Wakefield with the betrayal is such a perfect moment!
- "Rest in peace, you piece of shit!"

- another one from yours truly.

- and another - I hope Lethal enjoyed the way I portrayed Norman.

- and MDC interview - always a fan of people writing segments for my characters. I enjoy the unknown. One day - someone else will include MDC's catchphrase in as segment. Maybe.

- McMichaels & Pariah vs. the Northern Touch - hyped about this one. The match was a good read, and the Northern Touch advance, whilst the Hamad Agency is really starting to crack.

- Ishii coming for Liberty's title shot - what shenanigans are we in for.

- Semi Final #1. Maverick advances to to the Grand Final, after another good match.

- time for a bit of L.O.L. BAYBAY! Don't mess with Liberty.

- The High Command - Coming Soon!

- another slice of Liberty. Ishii vs. Lawson, turn up the heat in this kitchen.

- Honestly - the Bunkhouse was the hardest match I've written in a very long time. Not sure if I was happy with myself afterwards tbh.

- and another one written by moi.

- tag team turmoil time: Residence vs. Burger Party - was only ever going in one direction, straight to the chopping board! Although I honestly wouldn't have given the jobbers so much time in the ring.
- Not it is time for Malice though - bringing a while different factor to the table, but the Residence continues riding the wave and out last two teams in another great match.
- The Bordeauxs now - another new team [I think anyway]. The third match I really enjoyed as well, but its the B's that go on and continue whilst the Residence fall short. (Beavie fair play for writing such a massive match - no way I'd have gone this HAM).
- The Northern Touch enter as the final team in the match - wow another great match and Bella and Brett stand tall as the winners.

- was nice to get to know Cali Hayama - seems like a solid enough talent. Bridges and her having a friendly moment, only for McMichaels to stick his nose where it doesn't belong. What a heel bastard! The second interaction was funny as fuck.

- Bobby Tremblay finding himself in dangerous waters - wonder what will happen to him if the Northern Touch were to lose again?

- Full Metal Mayhem! Good match and I feel like it might be a big win for Blaine as a writer as well.

- Residence attacking Malice during their ritual was also a good segment - also changes the entire dynamic of the tag team scene. Interested to see how this develops.

TBC .

Glad you enjoyed the segments and matches I did! (Res attack, Cali/Bridges/Chris seg) and yeah the jobbers could have been eliminated sooner, but who would I be if they didn't share the murder. owo

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
that Sawyer win was a big one, like Juice thought. One step closer to beating every Canadian!

Does it matter if they are Asian-Canadian?

Reactions: TOP GUY TIME