• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Man saves little girl from kidnapper

Montana

Is 2 hours really the answer

To me, it seems like almost 100% of TNA fans think 2 hours is the answer to all their problems. This confuses me, as i think it could backfire. I mean with 2 hours of wrestling from TNA, would PPV sales go down? Does anyone see rating soaring up with 2 hours? What will a 2 hour show feature, besides whats on the one hour show. Longer matches, but what else. I think Russo has devoloped some solid characters, their booking ( as far as fueds and matchups, has been dead on, imo) Sure he has some horrible ideas, but he takes a lot of heat for no reason.

2 hours might feature : Diva matches, Ravens group, Sonjay dutt, and chris harris ....eww

Im pretty sure i am the only one that feels that 2 hours can backfire. So im curious as to why 2 hours is so great, and the ratings will shoot up. Personally i would enjoy the two hours, but i think some fans might get bored with it.

xtremebadass

Agree, 2 hours I would think would bring out the stuff TNA doesn't have enough time for, but at the same time the fans don't want to see.

1 Hour iMPACT!=Christian Cage, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, LAX, Team 3D, Chris Sabin, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, Sting, Abyss, Black Machismo, Kevin Nash, and Petey Williams. Sounds pretty damn awesome.

Additional Hour: Chris "pirate" harris, smurf James Storm, Man of Tennessee Jackie Moore, Sonjay Dutt, who is annoying, Bob Backlund "the craziest old man in the business today who could drive a man to insanity", Christy Hemme, and the ever so untalented VKM. Sounds like iMPACT! would go down the tubes fast.

However, giving it another hour may lengthen some good rivalries and make them memorable and worth something, it could make TNA worse by emphasizing the bad swept under the rug qualities of TNA. I would like to see longer matches though.

lord batair

Reaction score
I'm not sure either about hte miracle of the 2 hours show...I'm not sure that Russo can really use in a good way those 2 hours instead of putting more an more promos and silly storyline (eyh it's the abyss's cousin ^^). I'm kind of satisfing with the lasts impact, one hour full of medium-to-good wrestling.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
As far as I am concerned 2 hours is a necessity for a wrestling tv show, but...

2 hours is not TNA's saviour. I feel that if TNA is given two hours there will finally be no more talk, it will be sink or swim for them. And if they fail, they'll have no one to blame but themselves.

Soulpower

2 hours will help TNA a lot... In the short term. They'll be able to showcase their talent and still have time for any annoying skits which are out of place in a 60 minute show. Making their matches longer would also be a plus to adding another hour.

But in the long term, they'll need more than just two hours to be competitive, they'll need to come up with good angles and matches to keep the fans interested in their product...

Actually Montana 2 hours is the real Answer and solution to all of Tna problem's they can showcase their Talent in a more Effective way and they can have longer Matches and Good Matches with Good Action.

They can have Promo's and Backstage Interviews and OfCourse the biggest Advantage is that it can show more of TNA superstar's..

I say that 2 hours is the Solution along with Good Managment when these 2 are put together we get a Good Show known as Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling.

Montana

I agree with Monkey and Soulpower a lot. It will be sink or swim time, if they do. And SP saying good in the short term, however in the long term, they will need to be more creative of other obstacles we be thrown in their way.

Also another factor is i think the WWE will become more aggressive if TNA gets a 2 hour deal.

billy beer

Reaction score
it depends what you take 'the answer' to be i suppose!

personally, I can't wait for impact to go to two hours as it will ensure longer matches which will better showcase tna's talents and please fans at the same time.

however, even with 2hours to play with each week tna will still feature endless horrible angles/skits because of the trio who book tna: russo, jarrett and mantel don't know how to book competitive feuds that really get fans buzzing; instead they always plump for stupid gimmicks and controversy.

however, personally i think the problem is that tna have far too many ppvs and this is why impact is such a joke most weeks - tna has to somehow build and feature 6-8 feuds each week as every month they have a ppv. even with two hours each week tna would struggle i feel but it would give them a far better chance to really try and become a major player in the business.

so for me its less ppvs rather than more tv time that's most important and is really at the heart of tna's problems IMO. if tna just had say 4 ppvs a year it would allow them to really build for them and put on compelling 'wrestling' shows each week in the interim.

Great One

2 hours and they need to start shooting impact live. It's not even funny how many people won't have any incentive to watch if they're just given the spoilers to read. Just look at SD vs. RAW, it's a big reason RAW gets so well of ratings.

.chaostheory

Reaction score
It absolutely is the answer. It gives TNA more time to showcase more talent, create more feuds and storylines, have LONGER MATCHES that actually showcase their talent in the best way. And I agree with Great One about the live thing. Wrestling TV has the better feel live. No spoilers, so you HAVE to watch it, and you don't know what's gonna happen. I think TNA is a building company and will no doubt be the best wrestling show on TV very very soon.

Reaction score
if tna had 2 hours, then they could have actual matches, not the crap the have on there now. if maybe the x division matches were given more than just 3 minutes, they would be more showcased, an get more exposure.

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
I think TNA should get a 2 hour time slot or atleast an hour and a half. They need longer matches to showcase more of there talent and there would also be more promos which is always good to build to a feud. Plus it would make the WWE step up its game.

BrotherBruti

Reaction score
On the Undercard of the Original Grandaddy of Them
TNA has one hour a week and it's booked as a confusing clusterfuck.

WCW had, in 1999, about 6 hours a week and it was booked as a confusing clusterfuck. Evan in 2000 with 4 hours: Confusing clusterfuck.

I understand the current product isn't entirely Russo's vision but it's pretty dman close to what he did in WCW. TNA's problems run deep, a second hour wouldn't mean diddly squat.

euanzooom

Reaction score
2 hours would be good but it won't solve the problems that they have.

ECW manages to have a far better structure inside of an hour so why can't TNA?