Man of Steel (2013) (New Trailer Added 12/11/12)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
2rzpdva.jpg

Release Date: June 14, 2013
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Zack Snyder
Screenwriter: David Goyer, Jonathan Nolan
Starring: Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Russell Crowe, Julia Ormond, Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix
Genre: Action, Adventure
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: Not Available

Plot Summary: Henry Cavill plays Superman in director Zack Snyder's "Man of Steel." The film also stars Amy Adams as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Laurence Fishburne as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent's adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Diane Lane and Kevin Costner.

Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Michael Shannon, and Faora, Zod's evil partner, played by Antje Traue. Also from Superman's native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman's mother, played by Julia Ormond, and Superman's father, Jor-El, portrayed by Russell Crowe. Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy.

Trailer:

[video=youtube;R1QksA9c-m0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1QksA9c-m0[/video]

This thread must have been lost in the purge but there's no time like the present to get it back up and running since the first trailer has just been released. Doesn't show much (thank God) but the final shot of Superman soaring through the sky is pretty fucking cool. Not the biggest fan of the character, but I'm still looking forward to this since its got a great cast.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Re: Man of Steel (2013)

Is this a continuation of the Superman from 2006

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Is this a continuation of the Superman from 2006
No, its an official reboot, technically the first for the series given that Superman Returns was a pseudo-continuation.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

No, its an official reboot, technically the first for the series given that Superman Returns was a pseudo-continuation.

So when's the second coming out? 2016

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

So when's the second coming out? 2016

As far as I know there's no plans for a sequel to this one yet. They usually like to wait and make sure it does well at the box office before announcing the next one. For example, the studio waited for two days after The Amazing Spiderman was released before announcing that "they always intended it to be a trilogy". Of course they could have just said "hey, we're greedy and now that we know you'll go back to the well for this we may as well make two more".

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Meh.

Teaser doesn't give me a lot to go on, and I'm not the biggest Superman fan as it is.

Besides, Snyder has picked up a nasty habit recently of style over substance.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

As far as I know there's no plans for a sequel to this one yet. They usually like to wait and make sure it does well at the box office before announcing the next one. For example, the studio waited for two days after The Amazing Spiderman was released before announcing that "they always intended it to be a trilogy". Of course they could have just said "hey, we're greedy and now that we know you'll go back to the well for this we may as well make two more".

Well the 2nd Amazing Spider Man is already set for a May 2 2014 date

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Well the 2nd Amazing Spider Man is already set for a May 2 2014 date

Yeah, but it wasn't announced until after the first one came out, the same thing will happen with this one. Why is it such a big deal when the sequel is released though?

The Linebacker said:
Besides, Snyder has picked up a nasty habit recently of style over substance.
I think its perfectly fitting given the character of Superman has always been about style over substance as well.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

I think its perfectly fitting given the character of Superman has always been about style over substance as well.

My lack of fandom for Superman shows :lol:

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Yeah, but it wasn't announced until after the first one came out, the same thing will happen with this one. Why is it such a big deal when the sequel is released though?

No that's wrong. The second one was announced before the first one came out. I was on movieinsider.com in 2011 checking all the movies for the upcoming years and ASM 2 was already listed

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

No that's wrong. The second one was announced before the first one came out. I was on movieinsider.com in 2011 checking all the movies for the upcoming years and ASM 2 was already listed

Oh I see, you were doing all this to prove me wrong. I get it now. The thing is, just because its posted on movieinsider.com or any other site doesn't necessarily mean it will get the go ahead. At one point on IMDB Pro there were two Green Lantern sequels that were in the TBA stages. They aren't there any more because Green Lantern tanked.

I still don't understand what any of this has to do with when the second Man of Steel movie is coming out?

The Linebacker said:
My lack of fandom for Superman shows
I hate the character but I love the Christopher Reeve movies.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Oh I see, you were doing all this to prove me wrong. I get it now. The thing is, just because its posted on movieinsider.com or any other site doesn't necessarily mean it will get the go ahead. At one point on IMDB Pro there were two Green Lantern sequels that were in the TBA stages. They aren't there any more because Green Lantern tanked.

I still don't understand what any of this has to do with when the second Man of Steel movie is coming out?

I hate the character but I love the Christopher Reeve movies.

Because I asked about a sequel and you said they haven't announced it yet and they only announce sequels after the 1st movie. And besides I was half joking about the sequel because it's kind of stupid that they're rebooting the franchise

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Because I asked about a sequel and you said they haven't announced it yet and they only announce sequels after the 1st movie. And besides I was half joking about the sequel because it's kind of stupid that they're rebooting the franchise

I don't think its stupid that they're rebooting Superman. By the time Man of Steel is released it will be almost 35 years since there was a Superman origin story told in the cinema. Fun fact, the original Superman came out on December 15th, 1978, which was just the 6th day of my life...yes, I am that old.

Anyhow, 35 years is alright by me for a reboot. It's a hell of a lot better than the 10 between Spiderman and Amazing Spiderman.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I don't think its stupid that they're rebooting Superman. By the time Man of Steel is released it will be almost 35 years since there was a Superman origin story told in the cinema. Fun fact, the original Superman came out on December 15th, 1978, which was just the 6th day of my life...yes, I am that old.

Anyhow, 35 years is alright by me for a reboot. It's a hell of a lot better than the 10 between Spiderman and Amazing Spiderman.

Yeah but after Superman Returns, I just don't think it's necessary

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Yeah but after Superman Returns, I just don't think it's necessary

Why? What's so special about Superman Returns?