• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
It's no secret, Orton is headed toward Super man. He's already pretty much there. When was the last time he was pinned? How many times has he been the one to look like top shit during segments? How many times has he looked good after a match no matter what damage he toke during it? Hell, just last night, Sheamus knocked him out with a chair, I turned away for literally no more than 10 seconds and when I look again, Orton is in control taking out Sheamus. What the hell happened? People may not want to admit it or just don't see it cause he's a "bad ass' but Super Orton is here and he'll be here for a long time.

Reaction score
If it means getting Cena to lose a few matches, I'll be happy.

Cena has G2G

...god...

Reaction score
At least his character isn't complete garbage. And Rock/Austin did the exact same thing fyi. Especially Rock.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
At least his character isn't complete garbage. And Rock/Austin did the exact same thing fyi. Especially Rock.
This. I cannot count the amount of times HHH and company would handle the Rock handedly and he quickly pops right up, Rock Bottom and BANG! He is unstoppable. Same can be said about Austin, how many times did he take out the entire Corporation by himself? All these 'Super Orton' and 'Super Cena' arguments really bug me. Every top face has done it, Austin, Rock, Sting, Hogan, hell even DDP was known to be super man when he would single handedly take out the nWo from time to time. The only reason Orton and Cena get such crap is because they are working in the age of the IWC. It's indisputable.

maty619

Reaction score
Sheamus didn't actually connect with the chair did he? Anywho that is irrelevant, yeah Orton is a little bit of a superman but his character is good, he is like an indistructable machine which is better than Cena's "Never back down, never quit" gimmick. Like Straight Edge said every top face has been shown as indistructable, they wouldnt be over if they weren't.

...god...

Reaction score
This. I cannot count the amount of times HHH and company would handle the Rock handedly and he quickly pops right up, Rock Bottom and BANG! He is unstoppable. Same can be said about Austin, how many times did he take out the entire Corporation by himself? All these 'Super Orton' and 'Super Cena' arguments really bug me. Every top face has done it, Austin, Rock, Sting, Hogan, hell even DDP was known to be super man when he would single handedly take out the nWo from time to time. The only reason Orton and Cena get such crap is because they are working in the age of the IWC. It's indisputable.
Nah, Cena gets crap because his character sucks and is entirely focused around the fact that he defies all odds so the little bitch kids can go home happy. See: Summerslam; ruined the entire event because it just turned into Cena overcoming odds yet again just like 2005. This is why the WWE blows and they'll hopefully continue to lose fan base. He gets crap cuz that shit is mad overplayed.

...god...

Reaction score
Btw, he didn't hit him with that chair.. (I told you on MSN)

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

Wasn't really that big on Austin. Felt he was over rated for a long time. Besides, I wasn't a smark back then so I didn't pay that much detail.

Nah, Cena gets crap because his character sucks and is entirely focused around the fact that he defies all odds so the little bitch kids can go home happy. See: Summerslam; ruined the entire event because it just turned into Cena overcoming odds yet again just like 2005. This is why the WWE blows and they'll hopefully continue to lose fan base. He gets crap cuz that shit is mad overplayed.

At this point it's just ridiculous. His entire character is the odds being stacked against him and him eventually over coming them. It's alright to have that once in a while, but when it's been going on for what 3 4 years, its just laughable.

Just because is indisputable, doesn't make it right. I was liking Orton's character. His recent tweener act has been nice to watch. But seeing him turn into Super Orton is not something I want to see. I don't like Cena cause of him doing it. Orton's making his way to it. Now there's going to be 2 super man gimmicks on the same show. BOTH being focal points of the show.

Btw, he didn't hit him with that chair.. (I told you on MSN)

You ain't tell me shit on MSN. Fuck off.

Reaction score
Yah the Superface card is old, but the thing is, before the Attitude era, it was how the WWF buttered their bread. Cena's been doing it for about five years, but Hogan did it for 10 years plus. Warrior did it during his run as well. It's a proven money maker for the E and as a huge part of their viewership is composed of children, many of those children's parents will buy them their favorite superstar's merchandise. The thing is, during the Attitude Era, the average age of the WWE viewer was from 18-34, but not many of them would spend their disposable income on WWF merchandise. They'd buy PPVs, but not tshirts and the whatnot. Now that those viewers have gone away but the same core of children really hasn't, the merchandise sales haven't really slowed if at all because the source for their merchandise sales, the children's parents, haven't left in the droves that the older viewers have. So it will probably stay that way until the merchandise profits start to shrivel in the way the viewership has, and honestly it hasn't terribly. Raw is still the top rated cable program and still perform fairly well on PPV, they still make mad cash off of advertising so until the bottom totally falls out, which won't happen until competition truly emerges, then I doubt the Superface characters fade out.

andy31652

Reaction score
Orton on Raw lat night was off the hook, the crowd were well behind him and his pure agression was incredible!

straight_edge76

Reaction score
@... I wouldn't deny that Cena's character is stale, because it is, I wouldn't argue that his "overcoming the odds" act wasn't old because it is, but I didn't feel he was in full out Super Man mode, he didn't come into the match until the very end, moved out of the way of the 450 and then tripped Barrett into the STF, then he sold being exhausted. He didn't bust out with a 6-on-1 comeback with double/triple FU's. Sure he did "overcome the odds" but it wasn't full out Super-Cena mode.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
This is true. I was horrified at the possibility that Super Cena was gonna have all six of his team mates eliminated by schenanigans one by one until it was him vs. all 7 of the Nexus. And then he goes into super drive mode and eliminates everyone single handedly. Luckily, he actually took a ridiculous amount of offense and only really beat Gabriel & Barrett because he was playing possum towards the end.

CMS

Reaction score
In my opinion, you don't try to fix what's not broken. Hear the reaction Randy Orton gets week after week after week. That tells you everything there is to now about his character and if it needs fixing.