Major TNA Star Contract Expires

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

03mnm

Reaction score
What do you think of James Storm as a single competitor?

i was very impressed when i saw him wrestling on his own, i never thought that he could be a good single competitor, but im enjoying his new style as a heel and i am still waiting for wildcat comin back to feud with him also I hope later on in his career he feuds with a main eventer like Sting or Angle that could push him to the next level. I also though his promo on Impact with Eric Young and JB was Hilarious couldn’t stop laughing. anyway what do you guys think of him?

Soulpower

He's good on the mic, but I haven't seen enough of him in the ring to think anything. He's always looked good but he's had Harris alongside during this time. I'll give him some time because he can be entertaining but for now... I don't know what to think about Storm.

xtremebadass

Storm is a great singles competitor IMO, he is better than Chris Harris, he has charisma and decent wrestling, he is destined for something big in TNA

JMay187

Reaction score
I think Storm is going to blow up like Robert Roode given a decent push he can become the next Christian Cage, Kurt Angle, and even Sting. He has the mic skills, the charisma, and the ring work to be a main eventer and it looks like he is going to finally get his chance and I'm enjoying it.

bighustle233

Reaction score
I always knew either member of AMW would be able to make it on his own. I like James Storm as a heel. however with the tag team division in the shape that its in, somewhere down the road they need to put AMW back together. Not right away, because i like where the angle is going. but at some point down the road. He does have singles champion written all over him. TNA needs a midcard singles title by the way that he can elevate. A TV title of sorts

speedo_bobby

Reaction score
I always knew either member of AMW would be able to make it on his own. I like James Storm as a heel. however with the tag team division in the shape that its in, somewhere down the road they need to put AMW back together. Not right away, because i like where the angle is going. but at some point down the road. He does have singles champion written all over him. TNA needs a midcard singles title by the way that he can elevate. A TV title of sorts

Totally agree.
If and when Impact goes to two hours, I'd like to see the NWA TV Title come back to elevate guys like Storm.

If Storm had a title, they could have done a Shawn Michaels / Marty Janetty IC title type deal to really push the feud over the top.

xtremebadass

Yea, the TV title could give the mid carders who arent X Div stars a chance to break out like Storm, Hoyt, and Truth

4lkz

Reaction score
Hes very good, if pushed right i can see him being a big player in TNA

xtremebadass

AMW was holding him back, if they did break up which they did, i pictured Storm as the star, Harris doesnt look like a star to me

Fiend.

Reaction score
I haven't seen Storm wrestle as a singles star yet, but Harris had a chance before at being a singles star, I believe he even wresteled Raven in an NWA Championship match. It's on the ..Nevermore DVD that TNA did for Raven.

I liked Harris a little better, and have wanted to see him break apart from Storm and AMW for a while now, which is clearly what happened.

taify

Reaction score
Hmm...

Haven't seen him wrestlnig alone but his team was really good!

kinganarchy13

Reaction score
he reminds me of Bobby Roode. theyll probably push him after the feud with Harris is done, but he'll just float around and do nothing like Roode.

Ben

Reaction score
Source: http://www.pwinsider.com

Former TNA champion Samoa Joe's TNA contract has expired, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

The word making the rounds is that Joe will be working tonight's Final Resolution PPV and this week's Impact tapings as he and the company negotiate the terms of a new deal.

Joe has been with TNA since 2005.

This is obviously major news. It sounds like Joe and TNA are negotiating a new contract so Joe is happy enough to see what TNA puts on the table. I am assuming that he could very well resign with TNA even though I see WWE making Joe an offer. We will stay on top of this news and I will ask around about it.

I'm sure they pay Joe, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some interest from the WWE and Joe jumping ship. He's been grossly misused over the last few years...so I can see him looking for a change.

???

Banned
Reaction score
I can't see Joe going to WWE. He knows the type of character he's likely to portray as someone big with Samoan heritage and I can't see a guy like him wanting to come up through NXT. He'll resign.