Major Superstar returns at Raw Live Event!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;QFsgMvv8jtQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFsgMvv8jtQ[/video]

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't see why it wouldn't be Taker. There would be no real reason to pull a fast one on the fans. If it wasn't Taker, I'm pretty sure the fans would riot.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Don't do another Mania match. Have a retirement feud and put somebody younger over. That younger star can use the rub for years by saying "*I* Retired the Undertaker"

The Streak is 20-0. Leave it that way. DO NOT LET CENA BREAK THE STREAK, VINCE!!!!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What does Cena have to do with Taker right now? He has Rock, and I could never understand why people seem to fetishze the streak as a way to give some youngboy the ultimate rub, what happens if that youngboy decides to fuck off or doesn't get over? You just sacrificed something special for no reason and would fucking stupid as a result.

Sick of the Streak myself, but if it was to ever end, it should go to an already established star. Simple as that.

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
If Cena ends the streak, I'm done with WWE. If they have an out of shape 50 year old beat C.M Punk, I'm done with WWE. When I say 'done with WWE' I mean I'm going to frown disapprovingly and complain about it on the internet, then still watch Raw the next day.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If Cena ends the streak, I'm done with WWE. If they have an out of shape 50 year old beat C.M Punk, I'm done with WWE. When I say 'done with WWE' I mean I'm going to frown disapprovingly and complain about it on the internet, then still watch Raw the next day.

Spoken like a true follower of god.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score

Please post on this forum more often.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'll wait to see exactly what role Undertaker will have at Wrestlemania before I cast my praise or disapporoval in that regard. My thughts on him actually being back, I suppose it was inevitable. Any woes I have about Taker being back are really only to do with his health.

Word going around is that he'll be facing Punk at Wrestlemania. I don't expect Punk to win at all but I'd be very grateful for the match. It would also prove to me that Taker is still capable of working a match that isn't against Triple or Shawn Michaels (ie, an equally seasoned veteran virtually guaranteed to keep the match pace steady).

Reaction score
This appearance seems pretty consistent with the rumors that Taker had been on the fence about whether he would or can go for a match this year. It's not like he suddenly showed up on Monday RAW TV. Seems consistent with the idea of him wanting to see if he can work a match. He obviously gained more weight and if he did have shoulder and hip surgery since Sept., no surprise if he put on some pounds and isn't as jacked as he used to be.

Rasslin' is pretty superficial, so looks count. But he also has a gimmick that doesn't require someone to be ripped or to look young. He doesn't have to look idea, in fact it probably takes something away if he looks too nice. What matters most if he were considering a match this year is whether he can physically perform. Having a few extra pounds is not something that defines that for what he does. There are plenty of legitimate, fat athletes that can make guys with Cody Rhodes physiques look like out of shape, weak-ass slobs.

Cena showing up fat would be one thing. Guys like Kane or Taker can gain weight. They're monsters, they don't need to look pretty.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I still wouldn't doubt he gets in better shape before mania. He's still the guy coming off rotator cuff and bicep surgery which means you can't weight lift anyhow. It's why Kane developed a gut after all. Fact is out of shape taker can still likely work circles around guys like Wade still

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
How cool would it be for those fans. They turn up to a house show expecting the same old roster and then suddenly you get The Undertaker returning and wrestling on the event. Would have been awesome. Would also have been great for Barrett and Sandow to be given the chance to be in the ring with Undertaker as not many younger guys can say that these days.

Doesn't look in great shape but at his age and with all the injuries he has had it isn't completely unexpected. Would be a nice surprise if he is back for WM and turns up on RAW tomorrow.

Blujay

Reaction score
In a way, him being out of shape adds to the "believability" that he can be beaten now. He doesn't have that same aura about him.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
We’ve got an exclusive update regarding the Undertaker’s surprise return to the ring at Saturday night’s WWE live event from Waco, Texas.

The reason why Undertaker returned at a house show instead of a surprise on RAW is because he, Vince McMahon and Triple H all wanted to see how his shoulder held up during a light match before he officially committed to WrestleMania. Some people instantly assumed that his appearance guaranteed that “he’s back” and will be working WrestleMania, however the Dead Man’s WretleMania status was still up in the air prior to the match. The Undertaker has had a number of surgeries in the past year, but his shoulder is still giving him a lot of problems.

A source on the writing team told us that Taker’s return was kept very quiet and only a handful of people within WWE even knew about it. When the match was over and Taker was happy with his own performance, WWE decided to go public with the story.

Aside from the fact that that he looked a bit out of shape,fans were chanting “this is awesome” and “you still got it” during the match.

Our source tells us Undertaker will be wrestling at WrestleMania.

Exclusive News On The Undertaker’s Return Over The Weekend

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can see it now, Undertaker walked to the ring and the crowd would have started chanting "you still got it". Now that WWE have promoted his return on their website and on RAW there is no way that he won't be back for WM. Undertaker will work through anything anyway, he is tough. If he wanted to test himself and was unsure about returning he would have had a match behind closed doors.