Major stipulation returning to NXT Takeover Houston

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
WAR GAMES will return at NXT Takeover Houston.

WWE reached back to the ‘90s to bring us 'WarGames' and the nostalgia is real - SBNation.com

It is being done on NXT first to see if the stipulation can still work today and be on a main roster event.

For those who live in a box, War Games is a match contested in 2 Rings next to each other under a steel cage with a roof, originally used in WCWs fall brawl pay per view (only WCW would think of things with multiple rings) The match is between 2 teams and members take turns entering the cage. Once all members are in the cage, pinfalls and submissions are legal, only need one to win. So it's basically the original Lethal Lockdown if ya'll know that match.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
It may not be exactly like the original War Games, but with Sanity, AOP, Roddy, and the ROH allumni, looking forward to it.

Also, from what I can tell, the event will be branded as NXT Takeover: War Games, which hopefully will break the trend of Takeovers only being branded after the city it's in. Add the Women's Fatal Four way, and the match I hear for the NXT title, I LOVE IT MAGGLE!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Awesome! :hhhooh: TakeOver: War Games is gonna rule! Thank you so much, based Triple H.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It may not be exactly like the original War Games, but with Sanity, AOP, Roddy, and the ROH allumni, looking forward to it.

Also, from what I can tell, the event will be branded as NXT Takeover: War Games, which hopefully will break the trend of Takeovers only being branded after the city it's in. Add the Women's Fatal Four way, and the match I hear for the NXT title, I LOVE IT MAGGLE!

Yeah it may be just one ring so they don't lose seating for the crowd, but it's still bound to be fucking amazing with these 3 teams

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Yeah it may be just one ring so they don't lose seating for the crowd, but it's still bound to be fucking amazing with these 3 teams
The whole point of war games is the two-rings. You can't fit that many teams in a single ring, you need two rings.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I understand testing it in NXT, but I honestly can't see War Games not being successful on the main roster regardless. Cage matches are always popular, as are stipulation matches in general. Also, matches that have numbered entries, like gauntlets and Royal Rumbles. In addition, it would be nice to see a stipulation match that hasn't been around in a while. I always enjoyed War Games, even when it wasn't that great.

They did it like this once before, although I honestly haven't watched it. Fall Brawl 1998 had nine competitors on three different teams as well. I'll probably have to watch it to see how they did it.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Theses type of matches bore me to tears. On paper it sounds good but it always ends up being bad brawl garbage wrestling fest.Seems like a waste of fish,o Reilly and strongs talent.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Never watched WCW not sure how much its gonna make an impact outside of the novelty factor.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
TNA did 2 teams of five for Lethal Lockdown, it is possible
And ALL 5 were in the same ring at the same time...? No tag in-and-out like WWE usually does...?

...If you say so.

JBan

Reaction score
I know I'm late but oof. This should be pretty fun. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Asuka Lock

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
suicide
Favorite Wrestler
johnmorrison
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
is it me or dose wargames have the match of the year potential all over it?