"Major" new wrestling company forming in Florida.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Double J

Reaction score
Source: Pwinsider.com

A new wrestling promotion is starting up out of Florida. The promotion, which has quietly been putting together a business plan, is said to have major financial backing. The new promotion is already signing wrestlers up, and along with the contracts, are having them sign confidentiality agreements.

There is no name known for the promotion at this time, but it is known that they will not actively do anything until the fall. A full promotional launch is expected at the beginning of 2011, As of this time, there is no information of TV deals or TV tapings.

Businessman Peter Karoftis is said to be the main backer for the promotion. Karoftis previously worked with Sterling Equities, which is a New York-based investment firm that owns The New York Mets organization, the SNY cable network, and several real estate and investment companies. Karoftis, along with Florida independent wrestler Sean Davis are said to be the core of the company right now.

Also working with the company are Kevin Kleinrock (Viva La Lucha, Wrestling Society X), Cody Michaels (WSX, XPW) and Mister Saint Laurent (longtime Florida promoter). Kleinrock will be working production, while it is expected that Laurent will work on the creative end. Laurent has previously promoted the "I Believe In Wrestling" company, and there may be a crossover between the new company and the "I Believe In Wrestling" talent and wrestling school.

As of this time, the only confirmed name to sign with the company is Sean Waltman. Many wrestlers asked about the company have declined comment, due to the confidentiality agreements.

And it's a fail already. When the only person that is allowed to say they're a member is Waltman they're automatically dropped a notch.

Reaction score
How long before Sandman, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer, The Nastyz and Scott Hall show up?

I give the promotion 2 weeks before they hire these^ washouts.

Montana

Reaction score
That's a good way to look at it. I see nothing "major" about this company yet. Waltman is more of a turnoff than anything. If that investor was smart he's put the money behind ROH, and hope for TNA to go under.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
There's nobody interesting or mainstream recently released in the past 5 years that this new company has any interest in signing to a contract. Being the fact that they've signed Sean Waltman, you can already expect him to noshow after 2 appearances, and he'll probably be their biggest name star. This company will fail faster than WSX did.