• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MAJOR NAME SUSPENDED

MikeRaw

Your telling me you were honestly expecting that the 5ft 6in, 175 pound mexican guy was juicing?

Yes. When a 5 ft 6in mexican guy looks like Rey does, and has arms/legs that big, yes, he's on something.

xtremebadass

He looked like he was on roids for years now, I remember his first couple years in WWE he was way bigger than his WCW days.

CenaMark54

I'm sure Vince is kicking himself for not putting the belt on Dolf at SS. That should have been the time, regardless of Reys suspension. Now he is gonna win the title on SD.

noumenon

It's just hate when this shit happens because it's even brutally obvious to casual fans...like... "Oh he randomly dropped the title and now is out for the next month..that's fuckin normal". It just looks like shit.
But yeah, I could have sworn Rey was on his second strike as well, I guess not.

xtremebadass

You know, Rey is injury prone, now he is on steroids too? That must not be scoring him too many points in WWE.

Qwake

Yeah I was hoping Dolph won the title at SummerSlam then retained the PPV after but instead Rey won with a gay hurricanrana from the top rope.

A good way to do this would be to have Dolph attack Mysterio after a match of his, really kick his ass with a chair or something putting Rey out, Rey can't defend at the PPV so instead they have Dolph take on Morrison (since he never has anything going on), winning of that faces Rey at the next PPV which gives him enough time to return. That or vacate Mysterios title and Morrison/Dolph face each other for the Championship imo.

Edit: He's been getting big for years now, don't you think if he was on steroids they would have caught on much quicker with previous drug tests?

Denny Crane

I think just like in many other sports the main reason for steroids among them isn't it to get bigger but to recover from injuries faster. I mean they add extra bulk and some do take it for that purpose but I know some guys from the SI list like Rey and Helms probably take it more for injuries reason then anything else.

noumenon

Recover from inuries faster???? If anything taking steroids lead to injuries. Your muscle's expand and build so fast that they're not stable leading to tears and strains. The reason touring athletes and wrestlers take steroids is because of the limited time they get to hit the gym and train every day...they wanna get as much bang for their buck as possible.
You also have to realize WWE's (and most sport organizations) definition of a "performance enhancing drug" is pretty broad lately. So it doesn't necessarily have to be an anabolic steroid. It could even be left over pain killers with an expired prescription.

Ballin

Your telling me you were honestly expecting that the 5ft 6in, 175 pound mexican guy was juicing?

Its possible. Just look at the difference between WCW Rey and WWE Rey.

I was going to say the exact same thing.

Kinda sucks though, coming off a great Summerslam match, I'd really like to see more Ziggler/Rey

I think just like in many other sports the main reason for steroids among them isn't it to get bigger but to recover from injuries faster. I mean they add extra bulk and some do take it for that purpose but I know some guys from the SI list like Rey and Helms probably take it more for injuries reason then anything else.

Yup, that's the dumbest thing I've heard all week. Congrats!

JurassicBonez

So... am I the only one that finds it kinda odd that Rey gets busted, but yet doesn't get suspened until a week (6 days) later?

Vince: "Rey, you failed the drug test, you're suspended.
Rey: Aw shit man
Vince: But you're not suspened til next week.

I understand that they have to get the title off of him, but for him to get busted, but yet still aloud to work for a week until he's suspended is dumb imo. That's like somebody being in school and they punch the teacher....

Principle: So after talking about and getting witness statements, Billy, you are hear by suspended for 2 weeks.

Billy: Aw man.

Principle: But you have a math test next week so after you take that test, you are suspended. I'll see you tomoro and you better behave until then.

TK.GFX

So... am I the only one that finds it kinda odd that Rey gets busted, but yet doesn't get suspened until a week (6 days) later?

Vince: "Rey, you failed the drug test, you're suspended.
Rey: Aw shit man
Vince: But you're not suspened til next week.

I understand that they have to get the title off of him, but for him to get busted, but yet still aloud to work for a week until he's suspended is dumb imo. That's like somebody being in school and they punch the teacher....

Principle: So after talking about and getting witness statements, Billy, you are hear by suspended for 2 weeks.

Billy: Aw man.

Principle: But you have a math test next week so after you take that test, you are suspended. I'll see you tomoro and you better behave until then.

I think it's actually the best option they have. They're not going to openly announce on television that Rey was suspended, the website, yes, but not on TV. And (I'm pretty sure somebody mentioned this earlier in the tread) simply announcing that Rey is stripped, and having him disappear for a month would be an anti-climatic end to the Rey/Ziggler feud in my opinion, and even if they were to continue the feud once Rey comes back, this 30 day break from it would really drag it down. So they have to wait until the next taping to put on a good angle to write Rey off the show, and give Ziggler the big win for the title that he needs. Unfortunately, that next taping just so happens to be a few days away.

I apologize for rambling, and posting after I said I was leaving the thread...

phantomgerald

What part of it said it was roids? It could be ganja for all we know

kingovkings

Im almost positive this is his 2nd strike and his name was on that list. Anyway i really wished they had put the title on Dolph at SS would have been a lot better than instead of next week's SD which will probs be the most likley route now. TBH makes no diff to me im not that big on Rey anyway, And lets face it if he hadn't been suspended he would have hurt something more than likely. He has been healthy for awhile now so he is due a injury run ;)

Wrestling Station

the scenario is simple

Dolph won a title shot for Breaking Point....Rey's suspension doesn't take effect till Sept 2nd which is the Wednesday after the Smackdown tapings. So at the Smackdown tapings Dolph somehow goats Rey into the "Why wait till Breaking Point, lets do it tonight." Dolph wins the IC title.
so its now safe to bet all the vcash on that match eh? :shifty: