Major Backstage Heat on Triple H

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

Just one thing I wanted to say.

So Taker now sees SD young boys as his boys...when did that happen, when he getting jobs of Mr. Kennedy week in and week out or when he was squashing Randy Orton AND his Dad.

Now, I am not defending HHH, as he has buried some young talent...in the past(see 2003). But now? He didn't bury Shelton or MVP in that promo. If anything, he has buried Kenny Dykstra. But Taker, the so call defender of the young boys, takes it even more easier than HHH. You don't see HHH taking 6 months a year "selling injuries". HHH buries talent? When was the last time Taker lost a feud?

Also, now, I find it funny that people bash HHH(or will bash him), for his promos bashing Jeff Hardy. Yet, when MVP was the one bashing Hardy, it was a great promo. Incoherence much?

chessarmy

Also, now, I find it funny that people bash HHH(or will bash him), for his promos bashing Jeff Hardy. Yet, when MVP was the one bashing Hardy, it was a great promo. Incoherence much?

Thats what I was thinking. People are just used to bashing Trips for burying talent even though he isn't. I guess Trips' marrying Steph will mean that he'll ALWAYS have heat on him

C4

Firstly, they don't need to end The Undertaker's streak at WrestleMania it should be left to live forever. But if they really want to end the streak and have an interesting plot that leads to a beautiful retirement of The Undertaker; then Undertaker's streak should be put to a finish by someone that has a secure future with the company, a younger superstar who is going to be the next big hero of the company.

Perhaps someone like John Cena, Mr. Kennedy or MVP that are going to fit the description. Having HHH beat Undertaker at WrestleMania and taking away every bit of the credit and his un-defeated streak would be a bad choice since it's just a matter of time before his tendon explodes once again, the doctors arrive and say he is out for another 8 months, he divorces with his wife, retires and leaves the business for good.

Next, the younger guys are totally right. Triple H has always been an ego-maniac who wants the things to run his way because he is the husband of Stephanie McMahon, the daughter of the person who runs the entire thing with his back strong. That doesn't mean he tries to make these younger guys look bad on Television and demands match situations like that at WrestleMania 25. Reminds me of Shawn Michaels sometime ago when he wanted to make Hulk Hogan retire.

The Rated R CMStar

Triple H has always been an ego-maniac who wants the things to run his way because he is the husband of Stephanie McMahon

Yeah, and you would know that because you are so tight with Paul.

C4

Yeah, and you would know that because you are so tight with Paul.

Take a look back at some pages of history and you're going to get clear evidence, around the time of WrestleMania 2000 when the Fatal four way was going to take place with the McMahon's in the corner. When Triple H wanted to permanently end Mick Foley and didn't want him to appear at the show again.

Or maybe go in to early 2002, strictly speaking the WrestleMania - Backlash 2002 era when HHH demanded for him to be the Undisputed Champion and didn't want to loose to Hulk Hogan who would go on to win the WWE Championship at Backlash and just a week later Triple H demanded that the Championship should be taken off him.

The Rated R CMStar

And...wasn't he right on both? The WWE was the one that came up with the Foley retirement angle, so to give HHH credit for retiring, only to have Foley wrestling one month later was stupid.

As for Hogan winning the belt...HHH came up from an amazing return from injury ending with his title win...only to drop the belt a month later.

It's just a bull. None of us can say, for a fact, that HHH is a backstage politics whore. Sure, RUMORS, not evidence, RUMORS, are there, but until one of us get into the WWE and deal with Triple H, then we can confirm that he buries young talent, but until then, we have to trust this guys that report from what another person says to him.

Also, I agree with HHH on him not putting over every damn young wrestler who gets a little momentum. He selects his jobs and usually(as of 2005, before I get people commenting on 2003, altough the only job he should have made was to Booker T) his right. Tell me, didn't he jobbing to Jeff Hardy at Armageddon put people to think if Hardy could in fact be in line of a championship push? But would that have happened if Triple H jobbed to Umaga?

But I repeat the question, when was the last time our new "young guys defender" Taker, lost a feud? Or hell, I'll give you one better, when was the last time The Undertaker was cleanly pinned. I have the answer, Cyber Sunday 2007, and it took 2 Batista Bombs.

Airfixx

Take a look back at some pages of history and you're going to get clear evidence, around the time of WrestleMania 2000 when the Fatal four way was going to take place with the McMahon's in the corner. When Triple H wanted to permanently end Mick Foley and didn't want him to appear at the show again.

I think you're getting a little too caught up in the kayfaybe there!

Or maybe go in to early 2002, strictly speaking the WrestleMania - Backlash 2002 era when HHH demanded for him to be the Undisputed Champion and didn't want to loose to Hulk Hogan who would go on to win the WWE Championship at Backlash

That WM18 win was, or at least SHOULD have been, the crowning glory of HHH's career (after fighting back from his first quad injury), he's was easily the most over guy in wrestling at the time... I'd have felt damn well robbed if I was told I'd have to drop that title less than a month later to a washed up, permatanned old man!

...and just a week later Triple H demanded that the Championship should be taken off him.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander as they say, but don't forget who was waiting in the wins impatiently drooling at the thought of Hogans belt come Judgement Day..... THE UNDERTAKER, FFS!!!!

Peeps need to face up to the blatant similarities between Taker and the thing that HHH gets accused of like 1001 time per day accross the internet... and the blatant hypocrisy of the HHH vs Taker themed arguments being waged here.

Next, the younger guys are totally right. Triple H has always been an ego-maniac who wants the things to run his way because he is the husband of Stephanie McMahon, the daughter of the person who runs the entire thing with his back strong. That doesn't mean he tries to make these younger guys look bad on Television and demands match situations like that at WrestleMania 25. Reminds me of Shawn Michaels sometime ago when he wanted to make Hulk Hogan retire.

...As for that part, christ knows what you were warbling about. I tried to garner a point from it all, I really did.

Re: HBK v Hogan... Once again you're just totally swallowed up by the Kayfaybe.

It was agreed that they'd have a two match series and get one win each... Hogan swerved the agreement and claimed to be injured after he got his win at Summerlslam...

World Champ

Reaction score
HHH is untouchable because he is married to steph, and he wants to be the at the top for as long as he can so he is just burying the people who will rise to the main event so they take longer to to do it and he can be the best for longer

C4

I think you're getting a little too caught up in the kayfaybe there!

That was kayfabe on Television alright. But behind the curtains, HHH didn't want Mick Foley to come back for WrestleMania. He wanted himself to be the one who makes Mick Foley retire.

Anyways, at certain points I do agree with you guys. In the year 2002, Triple H was in his prime and had just won the Championship at the Main Event of WrestleMania and loosing it just a month later to someone like Hogan was pointless. Nonetheless, if he is burying younger talent these days then nothing else counts other than that.

Or maybe it's just the "Taker boys" who think that Triple H is burying them on-screen or it's Undertaker and his boys who are jealous of Triple H? :g:

The Rated R CMStar

But behind the curtains, HHH didn't want Mick Foley to come back for WrestleMania. He wanted himself to be the one who makes Mick Foley retire.

Again, who told you that? A news site. It's just rumors or reports. There is nothing certain

Airfixx

That was kayfabe on Television alright. But behind the curtains, HHH didn't want Mick Foley to come back for WrestleMania. He wanted himself to be the one who makes Mick Foley retire.

Pretty sure that's not a FACT.

Must say though, I didn't want Foley to come back fro WM either... I hate these crappy retirement angels when they're back in a TV ring within' a few weeks...

I felt Foley being at WM did a lot to piss over the two stellar matches the pair of them had had at the previous 2 PPVS.

...Maybe HHH felt the same way?

Anyways, at certain points I do agree with you guys. In the year 2002, Triple H was in his prime and had just won the Championship at the Main Event of WrestleMania and loosing it just a month later to someone like Hogan was pointless.

The why bring it up only to back-peddle on your original statement? (...Not to mention inspiring me to waste my time replying to you.)

Nonetheless, if he is burying younger talent these days then nothing else counts other than that.

Not sure how that makes any kind of point, but.... well, you said it... "IF".

...There's no evidence to say that he is.

Moonlight Drive

Triple H is nothing but a scapegoat

The thing is, people forget there are guys like HBK and Undertaker who hardly ever lose, NOT JUST TRIPLE H. Shawn Michaels has lost ONE PPV match this year, not counting the EC and RR.

The fact of the matter is, Triple H is the whipping boy for news sites because 'ZOMG HE MARRIED THE BOSSES WIFE'. Yeah, yeah he did. And should his career forever be tarnished because who he married? Doesn't anyone think he actually loves Stephanie, and it doesn't matter she is Vince's daughter?

And if Triple H jobbed out to every guy coming through, what would the next guy gain? 'Whoa, he beat Triple H!!'. Well then, who hasn't? That way, when Triple H does put somebody over it MEANS something. The thing is, if e constantly lost, he could barely be called a Main Eventer.

Triple H is just the scapegoat like I said. He's married to Steph, so it's believable. For all we know, Triple H could be the nicest guy backstage. But that's the thing, we don't know anything backstage. Look at the stats, I'm sure there are plenty of guys who put over less guys than Triple H.

Airfixx

HHH is untouchable because he is married to steph, and he wants to be the at the top for as long as he can so he is just burying the people who will rise to the main event so they take longer to to do it and he can be the best for longer

Wow, what a radical, yet totally unfounded opinion you have!!!!

Look at the stats, I'm sure there are plenty of guys who put over less guys than Triple H.

EXACTLY!!! ...I'm still waiting for those of a pro-Taker/anti-HHH stance to actually quantify the difference between the two..... THEN maybe we can look at the careers of other wrestling mega stars... Hogan.... SCSA... Can't even recall any clean losses for Bret once he'd hit ME-status.

Of course there are exceptions... Flair made a career out of putting guys over, but with the arrival of the invincible champs (HOGAN) changed the landscape of the industry in that respect.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Its a slow news day? Ok, well lets make up some story about HHH so the fanboys on the internet can jerk off into their pants.