Main Criminals of WWE’s Decline

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Every since the initial brand split/“extension” of 2002 the WWF/WWE had had a near 20 year decline(many will say after WM 17 when Rock left but that’s revisionist history, ratings went back and numbers were in the normal boom period range when Rock was there in 2001 and early 2002.)

Here are the main criminals of this, and why they were.

Stephanie McMahon and Triple H - In late 2000, head writer Chris Kreski who successfully and tactically continued Vince Russo characters and storylines while expanding Russo’s story and character universe, was to have Stephanie betray Triple H and join Kurt Angle.

This is squashed by Triple H who despite engaged to and living with Chyna, is having an affair with Stephanie McMahon for political power.

This is SUBSTANTIATED by the fact that Stephanie McMahon admitted on Howard Stern to breaking up with Triple H because he was still living with and engaged to Chyna, meaning he still liked/loved her(if he was eager to be with Stephanie he would’ve broken up with Chyna discreetly or stop living with her), and was using Stephanie for political power.

This is further substantiated by the fact that Triple H would get into arguments with Chyna and according to her say “you’re trying to mess up my career” or make other references to his career whenever Chyna would accuse him of cheating with Stephanie, again if it wasn’t for his career he wouldn’t even think to bring this up.

he was in creative meetings nonsensically which raised the ire of Stone Cold, as it was clearly political.

Triple H tried again to mess with Kurts career by politicking against his WWF title win at No Mercy 2000 against the Rock in which Gerald Brisco refuted.

What ended up happening is that 24 year old Stephanie McMahon with zero experience and success as a writer became the head of creative in November of 2000, Chris Kreski would still be in creative but slowly outside influences derail him.

Stephanie would go on to be branding officer despite being 100% unqualified in public relations, where she publicly discriminated an employee who was at that point the most popular after the Rock in Chyna.

Even going as far to act immature and not even wanting to listen to Chyna, getting her fired out of jealously, she would later attempt to steal her gimmick and look and utterly fail at it.

While Triple H starts NXT a glorified Indy company shortly after extreme backlash from burying CM Punk in 2012. Showing he has zero clue and is worse than McMahon.

Paul Heyman - An utter hack who has no creative writing skills whatsoever, who’s overrated by his wrestling media friends who put him over as a genius in exchange for inside scoops.

He failed at every single task given, ECW, WWE 2002-2003, ECW 2006, WWE 2019.

He cannot write if his lift depended o

The only reason he is overrated is because he appeals to workrate niche, dirtsheets and is friends with dirtsheets.

He utterly destroyed Smackdown I’m 2002, when he made it a workrate show, losing millions and millions following Rocks departure, it was one of the most boring and uncreative runs in wrestling that’s overrated by smarks and Meltzer due to workrate.

it didn’t draw and it gave us one of the worst periods of Smackdown, following their best period of 1999-2002.

Brian Gewirtz - Had zero clue on writing shows and absolutely destroyed Raw when he became head writer in 2002 following Chris Kreski’s retirement. Got Bruce Prichard another hack back into creative.

Bruce Pritchard then tried to claim Brian was behind 1999-early 2002 writing because he was “quiet during creative meetings” as if Pitching the show meant you wrote it.

When this is refuted by the fact that pitching shows during meetings isn’t the same as writing it, and Brian was pitching something already written by Kreski.

This is further substantiated by the fact that WWF 2000-Early 2002 and WWE 2002-2003 are radically.... and I mean RADICALLY different products.

There is no way Brian was the writer of 1999-early 2002, especially as he wasn’t head writer and the show clearly had story boards until early 2002, which was a known feature by Kreski even admitted by Prichard.

Now following Kreski departure in June 2002, McMahon wanted to bring back Russo and draw, since Russo always raises ratings, but Hayes, Prichard, Heyman, Triple H and Stephanie who were all hacks politicked against him.

Thus WWE was doomed to fail without Russo or Kreski.

Vince Mcmahon - For not being in touch and Aiding and Abetting Stephanie, Triple H, Prichard and Brian.

I will end with what Russo said to Vince McMahon when they played politics against him because they knew he was a great writer and would turn the ship around again for WWE, making Heyman, Prichard, Stephanie and Triple H useless...

You do not have the talent to turn that ship around.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Russo guy I see.....mmmmk

:nope

We trying to forget that this company is getting 2 billion dollars from two.....count em with me. ..1...and a..2.....different networks.

And you do realize that Gewirtz was the main idea guy while all Kreski did was introduce a storyboard to those creative meetings don't you?

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Russo guy I see.....mmmmk

Russo is the single highest drawing writing in professional wrestling.

The numbers are concrete and there is nothing you can do about it.

We trying to forget that this company is getting 2 billion dollars from two.....count em with me. ..1...and a..2.....different networks.

Based on numbers prior to 2018, based on past success and past eras.

Once that runs out they’re not getting again.

And you do realize that Gewirtz was the main idea guy while all Kreski did was introduce a storyboard to those creative meetings don't you?

Proof?

And Bruce Prichard’s claims aren’t proof, he claims Brian pitched it, doesn’t prove he wrote what he pitch, as the main writer was Chris Kreski.

The show was story boarded and branched, and is RADICALLY different from when Brian was head writer.

So you’re gonna have to pull all types of gymnastics to even breathe an argument that Gewirtz was the main idea guy, or idea guy at all.

Until next time,

200.gif

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Personal gifs to stamp a mic drop.... :okay

Not even going to bring up anything Russo. ...I'll just hear the same shit I've been hearing for 20 years.....no thanks.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Not even going to bring up anything Russo. ...I'll just hear the same shit I've been hearing for 20 years.....no thanks.

You decline to debate, it stands,

Russo increased ratings in every single tenure in every single company he was in.
oh+well+2.gif

• Love
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
:heston

OK pal.

Nielsens are dead.....like Frank Drebin.

That metric so outdated it actually has morons like Meltzer and Alvarez thinking the demos are somehow different.....nah neeyah ....demos skew old because the people still on Nielsen boxes and watching terrestrial TV are old as fuck :MJ:

I stopped debating ratings when Nielsen said they were outdated back in 2016 fam.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
I stopped debating ratings when Nielsen said they were outdated back in 2016 fam.

WWE is a mainly Live TV brand.

But let’s pretend to be in your fantasy world where it doesn’t matter to WWE....

Still doesn’t draw on the Internet.

Youtube viewership would be having each video getting 5-10 million viewers.

Intstead they get a max of 3 million , where most videos get 100-500k

Some even get only 50k viewers.

So that argument goes right out the window.

tenor.gif

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Parameters of live TV is different bro.....all major sports ratinga have been declining too.....hell UFC could barely get a raw.rating without a major fight.

Let's not pretend the numbers are not just low for one company.....ffs the competition got a new contract for doing a 700k.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Parameters of live TV is different bro.....all major sports ratinga have been declining too.....hell UFC could barely get a raw.rating without a major fight.

Let's not pretend the numbers are not just low for one company.....ffs the competition got a new contract for doing a 700k.

No one cares about UFC prelims.

WWE and professional wrestling undoubtedly, doesn’t draw even moderately.

They should be getting 5-10 million views for Each video on YouTube and if this was a boom period, having videos get 20-30 million regularly

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
No one cares about UFC prelims.

WWE and professional wrestling undoubtedly, doesn’t draw even moderately.

They should be getting 5-10 million views for Each video on YouTube and if this was a boom period, having videos get 20-30 million regularly
UFC prelims? They don't even show that on TV, unless it's a sports channel.

And YouTube views is grasping my dude

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
UFC prelims? They don't even show that on TV, unless it's a sports channel.

And YouTube views is grasping my dude

He’s using roody poo UFC shows as proof that WWE is successful, then claiming that Cable ratings is obsolete.

Which is refuted by the fact that if that were the case youtube numbers would be 100x higher.

WWE is niche.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He’s using roody poo UFC shows as proof that WWE is successful, then claiming that Cable ratings is obsolete.

Which is refuted by the fact that if that were the case youtube numbers would be 100x higher.

WWE is niche.
UFC is more popular :heston

You're the one stuck in the Nielsen metric.

We'll agree on most things, not this one.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
UFC is more popular

You're the one stuck in the Nielsen metric.

We'll agree on most things, not this one.

Exactly, UFC is more popular.

He was using the lame roody pop UFC shows as proof that nothing draws, when UFC main cards refute that and prove its popular.

Wrestling isn’t popular and has fanatics left.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I've said the same shit.....

You just make laugh with the Nielsens

Sabretooth

Reaction score
That Paul Heyman ruining Smackdown in 2002 argument has got to be one of the biggest troll arguments I’ve ever seen.