• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
So I am watching the new WWE DVD of the 25 greatest rivalries and it has this match on it. First off I can't believe I have never seen this match before...but holy shit is it fucking awesome. Also kudos to WWE for putting this match on even though there is a ton of blood and violence. The match itself is amazing both men tell a story and work so well together. Magnum TA was really one of the greatest babyfaces ever he owned the crowd...Tully was one of the best heels as well and they just brutalize each other in a type of match I would love to see today. Dean Ambrose v Daniel Bryan in something like this would be awesome. Alas though it was a different time and I am not sure we would be able to get this same feeling in a match today. Also on what planet was Babydoll ever a perfect 10, man the 80's had some rough looking women. Well here is a link I urge everyone to watch it.

[video=dailymotion;x32jse]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x32jse_magnum-ta-vs-tully-blanchard-steel_sport#.UbQMcXfaiSp[/video]

I would love to get
@Fuji Vice @Fuje Vise @Castiel @The Linebacker @Swamps @Horrorfan_1986 and everyone else's thoughts on this match

Last edited by a moderator:

Castiel

Reaction score
Sounds excellent, will check it out for sure but probably tomorrow. I'll come back with my thoughts!

The Viper

Reaction score
This match is on the new Greatest Rivalries DVD? Holy shit. I remember getting the Bloodbath: Most Incredible Steel Cage Matches DVD when it came out and just loved this match. First time I ever heard of Tully and Magnum but I instantly became a fan of Magnum T.A. after watching this. I don't know. Something about him really caught my eye and I was probably only 12 when I saw it.

Reaction score
It's pretty much the best cage match in history. Both guys were so good and it's a shame they don't get more praise. I'd be curious to see what sort of edits the WWE did to the match. I have a hard time believing they didn't get their grubby little hands all over it.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
They showed the slow mo of Magnum gouging Tully with the broken wooden chair

Booty fucks wit Tapatalk 2

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So I am watching the new WWE DVD of the 25 greatest rivalries and it has this match on it. First off I can't believe I have never seen this match before...but holy shit is it fucking awesome. Also kudos to WWE for putting this match on even though there is a ton of blood and violence. The match itself is amazing both men tell a story and work so well together. Magnum TA was really one of the greatest babyfaces ever he owned the crowd...Tully was one of the best heels as well and they just brutalize each other in a type of match I would love to see today. Dean Ambrose v Daniel Bryan in something like this would be awesome. Alas though it was a different time and I am not sure we would be able to get this same feeling in a match today. Also on what planet was Babydoll ever a perfect 10, man the 80's had some rough looking women. Well here is a link I urge everyone to watch it.

[video=dailymotion;x32jse]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x32jse_magnum-ta-vs-tully-blanchard-steel_sport#.UbQMcXfaiSp[/video]

I would love to get
@Fuji Vice @Fuje Vise @Castiel @The Linebacker @Swamps @Horrorfan_1986 and everyone else's thoughts on this match

You of all people had never seen this before?

It was a fucking great match. Just the brutality was off the charts. Everything had you on the edge of your seat.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah I have no idea how I never saw it brfore

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
WCW would have been a different place barring Magnum TA's injury.. he probably would have went on to become one of their greatest stars once they were established.. he was loved in the territories.