Madden 13 Discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah, Peterson retired. I got rid of Ponder years ago and picked up Matt Ryan who I had for like 7 years.

I still own the original Madden for SNES... It was one of the first games I ever owned. Fuckin' circling around entire defenses is still a ton of fun.

Reaction score
Yeah, Peterson retired. I got rid of Ponder years ago and picked up Matt Ryan who I had for like 7 years.

I still own the original Madden for SNES... It was one of the first games I ever owned. Fuckin' circling around entire defenses is still a ton of fun.

I still go back and play Super Tecmo Bowl, but I play it online because of the updated rosters people add. There's just something about it that never gets old.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I just bought this today so if anyone wants to get beat you can hit me up. MakaveliPHX

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
g02544v1wjv.jpg

^Way better than the first Madden games.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Oh and I DID find out about that "issue" with the safeties... home boy plays on easy. AI's are much less responsive on easy difficulties, even the ones on your own team. I played my friend in Texas online today and he can't hang unless we play on pro difficulty and I noticed my safeties were being Blue and I had to take control of them to get them to do anything.

So basically, quit playing one rookie/pro where any offensive play has the potential for big yardage, learn how to play the game, and your team will cooperate more. I was seriously laughing my ass off when I discovered that today and immediately thought of this thread. MADDEN 94 VETERAN STILL PLAYS ON EASY.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
g02544v1wjv.jpg

^Way better than the first Madden games.
That was the first football game I owned :lol: good times.

And yeah easiest level I play on is All Pro. Then if I feel like I'm winning too easy I play on All Madden. So far though All Pro is tougher than it used to be almost got killed by Cincy as I was down 3 TD's in my franchise mode in the 4th qrt but came back to win. Then played the Pats and got raped by Brady, lol.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
That was the first football game I owned :lol: good times.

And yeah easiest level I play on is All Pro. Then if I feel like I'm winning too easy I play on All Madden. So far though All Pro is tougher than it used to be almost got killed by Cincy as I was down 3 TD's in my franchise mode in the 4th qrt but came back to win. Then played the Pats and got raped by Brady, lol.

:lmao Yeah that was the first one I owned too! I played some other ones on NES, but this was the first one I could really get into.

Yeah All Pro is bare minimum just to enjoy the game. The last time I played against the CPU on Pro, I ended up raping the Panthers 120-something to 6, and that wad with 5-minute quarters and no time run-off. Probably had at least 3 or 4 defensive touchdowns. It's a joke. Complete waste of time.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I got hardcore robbed in my franchise mode. Threw a screen pass in the 4th qrt and it clearly bounced off the ground and then went into the defenders hands even bobbling it his hands making it hit the ground again and the booth didn't even review it smh.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Just pulled off an insane comeback with the Colts online. Got 2 onside kicks back in the 4th and scored 26 points in the 4th qrt. Andrew Luck ended up with 501 yards with 4 tds and no ints.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I've started to find all-pro way too easy. Granted, I've been playing with the PACK recently, but when Aaron Rodgers is getting 12 TD passes and I'm beating the Jags 98-7, something's gotta change. Even if it is the Jags I'm beating. Beat the Texans on the road like 56-10 or something too.

I just play quick passes with slant routes. I audible up at the line and usually make my two WRs run curl flat routes if the coverage is loose. Corners really struggle with the curl flat routes (especially when they're backing off your recievers). If the coverage is tight, I'll just let them run the slants. Usually, a safety steps up (especially if it's a blitz) which gives you plenty of room to throw into. Another thing, I play this type of offense in no-huddle in an attempt to slow the pass rush, but I'm not sure if this makes much of a difference on Madden. Works for me anyway.

I also really like corner strike routes. These things are like cheating on Madden if your offensive line is anywhere near decent. I avoid corner strikes like the plague in the redzone because DBs tend to jump the route and pick you off.

I find that these two methods are all I use these days. They work real well too. I gave up on plays down field a long time ago and find that all other routes are inefficient in comparison (at least in my experience, I'm probably not playing some of them right).

Used these plays to turn my Rams save into a perennial Superbowl team. Then I started a Pack game and the results were obviously even better with Rodgers.

I still struggle with looking after the ball sometimes. I'm getting better in spotting dangerous coverage and not always dumping the ball into it, but sometimes I still have DERP moments and throw really stupid INTs. I'm smashing all records on my Green Bay game (all-pro), but I'm on like 12 INTs for the season so far, whereas guys like Brady, Brees, etc, have around 5/6. That's something I'd really like to improve about my play. It's not all bad, though, Rivers still has more.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
After winning the superbowl in my franchise mode the other day it was pretty depressing to see both Ray Lewis and Ed Reed retire. Defense looks so naked without them. Randy Moss also retired who I signed after he got released in preseason and had a pretty good season.