LUCHA UNDERGROUND : Return of the Temple

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stojy

Reaction score
So glad to see another show in here. Firstly, all your segments delivered massively. You do a really good job of towing the LU line of progressing things just enough, whilst still keeping so much a mystery. Cueto and Ivelisse was fun, although I honestly have no idea who they are referring to. Secondly, I thought the stuff with Chavo and Bray (still not typing WhYnDaM lol) was really interesting as well. Just great stuff overall.

Also looking forward to some stuff potentially developing in the tag division with Mack and Warner making the challenge to the FTR.

If I had one disappointment in the show, it's that it seems the only match that felt it had real implications on future angles seemed to be the one you put the least amount of effort into. Alberto winning makes sense though as he's pretty high profile at the moment, although he could be in some trouble next week for sure with that Handicap match. Pumped to see Bray and Cueto work together/build towards an eventual match depending on what goes down.

Admittedly not a lot of constructive feedback here, but it's because it's not needed. Things chugging along ever so nicely.

Reactions: White Rhyno

Deco90

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
So, I've just caught up on this 'BTB' and I think you're doing a great job! I was a big fan of 'LU' - Especially the first two seasons so it's really cool to see how you're blending the temples past with the present.

I'm going to do a Stojy and call him Bray too, sorry Haha! But I'm really intrigued by what you're doing with him and having the devil like figure at his side.

Ivellise was probably one of my favourites from Lucha Underground, so really cool to see her take centre stage at times and having this story and connection with Cueto. Adding the former Sexy Star was nice too, and referencing her not getting booked. Of course Dario would hire her though Haha!

As for Dario, I think you've done a masterful job of him; nailing his character and dialogue. The descriptions really help set the scene too because Lucha Undergrounds charm a lot of time was in the visuals, so you're really having to try and show that through descriptive word play and I think you've done it well.

Lastly, I love that you're keeping a record of the wins/losses but most importantly the earnings. Good stuff.

Going to be following this going forward for sure. Good luck, man! :D Really enjoying the ride!

White Rhyno

Reaction score
uCkF6zy.png

7oUP1RJt.jpg
Dario Cueto
Promoter​
p612T79t.jpg
adzhYFQt.jpg
Jo2VZSmt.jpg
Don Callis
Commentary​
Matt Striker
Commentary​
Vampiro
Commentary​
QYCo0VKt.jpg
ayi9EDAt.jpg
C1MWdwPt.jpg
2FQrSEmt.jpg
3WzpPmdt.jpg
Alberto El Patron
Record: 1-0-1
Earnings: $5,000
Chavo Guerrero
Record: 0-2-0
Earnings: $0

Matanza Cueto
Record: 0-0-1
Tony Depen
Record: 1-1-0
Black Taurus
Record: 0-1-0
STPI0R7t.jpg
VVkEddMt.jpg
ARsrUqHt.jpg
whPFseIt.jpg
AjH47dht.jpg
Dax Hardwood
Record: 2-0-0
Earnings: $10,000
Cash Wheeler
WHYnDM
GRONDA
Record: 0-0-0
Bad Dude Tito
F7ttSY1t.jpg
DYJbc49t.jpg
rUj8Font.jpg
kn1Mo7Kt.jpg
62yPbZ4t.jpg
Jessamayne Duke
Sexy Dulce
Ivelesse
Record: 1-0-0
Diamante
Psycho Clown
hUvdaTat.jpg
8UdOKIut.jpg
RoRFRNvt.jpg
k2q8PJXt.jpg
GMg2Q5Bt.jpg
Drago
Areo Star
Willie Mack
Gringo Loco
Puma King
RpEmHpQm.jpg
yRiQBSgm.jpg
1Y7Jrkit.jpg
x0UhiyOm.jpg

Trauma II
Trauma I
Mance Warner
Lince Dorado

Thank you both for the review. I've been posting every other month and figured that I'd be forgotten about. Honestly, I was very excited to look in and see posts. I think we all feel that way when we post a show, but I also know reviews are tough to come by on a crowded board with so many guys that are putting out great, more frequent content. It made my day.

- The Ivelesse story with Dario will be slow and ties into something bigger down the road. (Hopefully it will anyway)
- I want to say Bray...and maybe I should... but I'm trying to be a little realistic. By all mean, call him Bray. We all know who it is... (wink)
- One of the things I've always done is over write match details. In the past, its turned off a lot of readers and really slowed down the pace I turn out shows. I really want to evolve into something like BattleTank or Order do, but I really enjoy writing out match details.
- A big challenge has been choosing a roster and staying true to the "Lucha" concept. A lot of luchadores aren't known for their American promos and haven't been put in a lot of high profile spots.Hopefully I can introduce some guys to a higher profile spot and rope in more stories as I introduce them,

White Rhyno

Reaction score

2kicNRWl.jpg

(Mariachi Horns) Na Na Na Naaaaaaaaaa

xmxIffPm.jpg

The camera pans across the neon skyline of Los Angeles. The electric orange glow of street lights mixes with headlights to light up the massive urban sprawl. The camera angle suddenly zooms and breaks only to come back in a little closer.

(Ominous Horns/distoredt fog horn) BWauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuMah!!!!!!!!!!!

tBbH2Utm.jpg

7oUP1RJm.jpg
p612T79m.jpg

Dario Cueto enters his office, but freezes mid-step when he realizes someone is sitting behind his desk.

The camera pans to Don Callis absently toying with Cueto’s red statue of a bull as it rests prominently on his desk. Callus looks up and smiles broadly as he and Daio make eye contact. Callus rises and extends his hand.

Don Callis- “ Dario! I’ve been waiting for you! We need to talk.

Cueto’s eyes bilge in rage and his jaw tightens. Callis steps from behind the desk and begins to speak before Dario curtly raises his hand and cuts him off.

Dario Cueto- “ I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I have work to do.

rUj8Fonm.jpg

As he speaks, a very annoyed looking Ivellisse walks into the office and cooly looks Callis up and down as Dario brushes by Callis and angrily plops down in his chair.

Don Callis- “ Well, I’m sorry to disappoint BOTH of you. She wants to see you now.

Dario Cueto and Ivellisse stare at one another with apprehensive faces for a few tense seconds before Dario angrily questions the smug Callis.

Dario Cueto (carefully arranging his bull statue on his desk) - “ When does she want to meet?

FrGOmEGm.jpg

Mil Muertes darkens the door of the office. Wearing his trademark mask and a jet back suit with a purple tie, he blankly stares at everyone in the room before leveling his gaze at Ivelisse for a few tense seconds. He suddenly rips his eyes off the female wrestler and rests them on Cueto.

Mil Muertes- “ She is outside. She requests your presence.

Dario rises unsteadily and adjusts the jacket of his suit. As he walks toward the door. Muertes steps aside and allows him to pass. As Cueto exits the room, Mil Muertes glares at Callis and Ivelisse before exiting the room and slamming the door behind him. Ivellisse jumps slightly as the door bangs into the frame. She looks over at Callis who smiles smugly and shrugs innocently as the scene fades to black.

73cEF3nm.jpg

Matt Stryker:Hello and welcome to the Temple anddddd… LUCHA UNDERGROUND! Streaming to you on AMAZON PRIME! I am your host, Matt Striker. Joining me at the commentary is my long time ride or die!!!!!!!!……, VAMPIRO!

Vampiro - “ Thank you, Matt. Lets cut it up right now! Tonight we have a three way dance booked from on high by our mysterious benefactor herself. Or so I’ve been told.. “

Matt Striker- “ A handicap match involving Alberto finally getting his rematch with Matanza Cueto-

Vampiro (smiling - “ A rematch that ended in a double disqualification AND an ATTEMPTED MURDER!

Matt Striker- “ - but also has the unfortunate fate of having the demonic WHYnDM as his added opponent. In his short time here, WHYnDM has sent two men to the hospital.

Vampiro (his smile fading) - “ Dario is sending a message; which is ironic because word going around backstage is that someone is sending messages to him… but that's none of my business.

Matt Striker:So anyway, we need to transition off that. Tonight here in Boyle Heights….. smack dab in Southern California……. The Temple welcomes our house band Los Asenos Negro !!.”

The camera cuts to a band decked out in black and red lucha libre masks and white suits playing Santanna inspired rock. A lead guitarist in sugar skull make-up again plays a twelve string guitar solo that revs up the crowd even more this week

As the song ends, the crowd roars even louder as Mance Warner and Willie Mack emerge from the back! The pair play to the crowd at the top of the stares and soak in the adoration for a few moments before heading to the ring. As they do, Striker gives the audience background on Willie Mack’s previous experience in the Temple and Mance’s reputation on the American indy scene as a wild brawler.

FTR emerges at the top of the Temple’s steps as their opponents finally make it to the ring. As they are announced, the pair walk to the ring to a very intense (if mixed) reception. Cash Wheeler and Dax Hardwood both look focussed as they quickly enter the ring and dispense with the opening fanfare as their names are announced.

1Y7Jrkim.jpg
RoRFRNvm.jpg
VVkEddMm.jpg
STPI0R7m.jpg
Mance Warner
Willie Mack
vs.
Cash Wheeler
Dax Hardwood

The match begins with Willie Mack and Dax Hardwood take to the center of the ring and quickly lock up as the crowd’s energy swells. Both men strain as the larger Mack is thrown off-balance by Hardwood’s herky-jerky effort in the collar and elbow. Hardwood quickly back’s Mack into the ropes and quickly throws a hard right to Mack’s exposed side before the referee can even move in for the break!

Hardwood throws a punching combination that sends Willie Mack back into the ropes with his hands covering his head for protection. Hardwood uses the bigger man’s defensive effort into an opportunity to whip him into the opposite ring ropes. Willie Mack rebounds back into the center of the ring and a STIFF Hardwood clothesline that takes Mack off his feet!

Matt Striker- “ Hardwood showing the world why FTR is one of the best tag teams in the world. Any weakness, any advantage…Dax Hardwood will find it and exploit it. He is a master of neutralizing an opponent’s advantage.

Vampiro - “ Thats what a technician does. People like Dax just use their force more efficiently. They attack anatomy with precision. They use leverage to neutralize size or speed advantages. It’s impressive for sure.

In the early part of the match, FTR uses their expert teamwork and ring positioning to take turns working over Mack’s injured right side and keeping him isolated near their corner. Over the course of five minutes, FTR stifles Mack’s attempts to fight his way to his corner with superior teamwork. The pair use several tags to use double team attacks on Mack’s left arm, shoulder, ribcage and hip to hurt the big man and limit his mobility. A pair of pin attempts needed to be broken up by an anxious Warner.

A turning point in the match happens when Mack manages to reverse a Cash Wheeler Irish Whip attempt and whip him into the ropes. As Wheeler rebounds back towards Mack with a head of steam, Willie falls to the mat and lets Wheeler rush over him and over the top rope!

Mack struggles to crawl over to complete the tag, but ultimately does! As Hardwood helps his dazed partner to his feet, Warner enters the ring and fires up an eager crowd. Wheeler rolls under the bottom rope and makes it to his feet, but is met with some hard right handed haymakers that have him falling into the ring ropes and struggling to stay on his feet. Warner wastes no time muscling Wheeler into the nearby turnbuckle and then pummeling with more hard punches and elbows!

Vampiro
(excited ) - “ This good ole corn-fed boy can punch. It sounds like he is chopping wood! Do you hear that?

Matt Striker: “ I do indeed. Warner smells blood in the water. This is his world and Wheeler needs to get out of the water and make a tag.

Warner works Wheeler over with more heavy blows and stiff lariat that flattens Wheeler in the corner. The referee manages to usher Warner away and give Wheeler a few moments to gather himself and get to one knee. Unfortunately, Warner takes the opportunity to create space and gets a running start before CRUSHING Wheeler into the turnbuckle with a running knee! Warner goes for a quick corner on his stunned opponent, but Wheeler quickly has the sense of mind to place his left foot on the bottom rope in full view of the referee.

Warner quickly stands and begins stomping away on his stunned opponent when Dax Hardwood rushes into the ring and blindsides the Bucksnort, Tennessee native from behind. As the referee frantically tries to separate the pair, Willie Mack charges into the ring and charges into the trio at full steam! Soon, the ring is in chaos as Wheeler, Warner and the referee lie on the canvas and Wille Mack and Dax Hardwood trade punches!

Willie Mack and Hardwood brawl, but Mack eventually blocks one of Hardwoods punches and manages to fire off a surprise cutter that surprises everyone! Hardwood flops back into the ropes and lands awkwardly as Mack stands and plays to the crowd. Hardwood stubbornly grabs the ropes and shakily forces himself to his feet. As he does, Mack readies himself and…fires off a superkick that drops Hardwood to his back! The crowd roars as Willie Mack fires himself up.

Willie Mack slowly looks over and sees Cash Wheeler struggling to his feet. Readying himself, Willie Mack prepares for another superkick. As the crowd quiets in excitement, Willie Mack moves into strike. Mack fires off another strong superkick, but Wheeler ducks under the strike and Mack levels Mance Warner as he too was struggling to his feet!

Vampiro (excited ) - “ OH NO!!! Willie clipped him, brother!

Matt Striker: “ I hate to agree, but he damn near took his head off.

Warner falls to his back with a thud as a shocked Mack freezes as he realizes what he has done. The referee begins his count. As he does, Dax Hardwood crawls over and frantically clutches Mack’s leg. Mack struggles to lunge forward and break up Hardwood’s pin attempt, but Hardwood trips him. 1…2…3!!!!!

Winner-
FTR via pinfall ( 9:18 )

Wheeler and Hardwood roll under the bottom rope and join each other on the floor as Mack rushes over to check on his downed partner. As the referee raises FTR’s hands, Mack can audibly be heard cursing in frustration.

(Ominous Horns/distoredt fog horn) BWauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuMah

M80ibK1m.jpg

FrGOmEGm.jpg
7oUP1RJm.jpg

Mil Muertes emerges from a long black limousine with tinted windows and eerily scans the parking lot in the rear of The Temple. A close up of his chilling glaze against the Boyle Heights night sky gives him an ominous glow as he stands aside to allow a very flushed Dario Cueto out of the vehicle.

Dario stands and readjust his shirt collar and jacket before glaring at Mil Muertes for a moment. Muertes returns his glare before Cueto sneers and strides away. He goes a few steps towards The Temple before the masked wrestler calls out from behind.

Mil Muertes (in a rough gravelly voice)- “ DARIO!

Dario freezes, but remains standing in place and refuses to turn around. The tension hangs in the air as Dario intensely stares straight ahead.

Mil Muertes (in a rough gravelly voice)- “ Do as she asks or I’ll be back.

Dario nods solemnly without turning around before resuming his journey back to the Temple.

Mil Muertes glares angrily as the promoter stalks off into the night for a few intense seconds. His gaze is interrupted as WHYnDM (Bray Wyatt) peeks his head out of the limousine!

ARsrUqHm.jpg

With his dreadlocked read and black hair falling down over his dark red suit with black slacks, WHYnDM places a dark lacquered cane with a silver skull’s head for handle firmly on the ground and and strides out around the masked wrestler. Muertes drops his dark gaze on the devilish wrestler as walks past. WHYnDM coldly meets Muertes gaze with an intense stare of his own.

WHYnDM (in a slow measured voice)- “ Much obliged, Senor Muertes. You take off with our lady now.

WHYnDM gives the luchadore a cold smile before ambling off after Dario. Muertes watches WHYnDM disappear off screen before reentering the vehicle and slamming the door behind him.

73cEF3nm.jpg

p612T79m.jpg

The Temple is full of energy as the show returns with the band playing at a feverish pace. They soon begin to boo as Don Callis emerges from Dario Cueto’s office.

Callis saunters over to the announce table as Striker and Vampiro dread his impending arrival.

Don Callis: “ Gents, how are we doing tonight? Did I miss anything?

Vampiro - “ Yeah, bro. The first match.

Matt Striker- “ But we are GLAD you are here now. Welcome to the broadcast table, DON CALLIS!

Don Callis: “Thank you, Matthew my boy. Do I have news for you guys later tonight.

The announcers speculate on tonight’s main event as Drago is announced for the upcoming match.

All three announcers give glowing reviews about the luchadores ability and grit. Vampiro explains Drago’s history in the Temple and his recent loss with Aero Star to FTR in his return to it.

The crowd cheers as the acrobatic luchador vaults over the top rope and quickly scales a nearby turnbuckle with his arms raised high over his head.

Matt Striker- “ I must say… he does look good.

As Stryker utters those words, the crowd gets quite as a hulking man in a demonic kaiju mask lumbers out of the locker room. The 6’3, almost 280 pound giant of man slowly makes his way to the ring as the ring announcer announces his name…O’Shay Edwards makes his Temple debut!

tPfZZP3m.png

Don Callis: “ If that guy is ‘good’, what do you call this guy?

Vampiro - “ Scary.

Matt Striker- “ The Big Bad Kaiju cuts an impressive figure. I’ll give you that.

Don Callis: “What do you mean, Matt? You do realize he’s going to DESTROY this guy, right?

hUvdaTam.jpg
kSsio1om.jpg
Drago
vs.
O'Shay Edwards

The match begins and the pair engage in a brief stare down. Drago quickly charges forward and attempts to knock the big man off his feet with a jumping back elbow that knocks the large man back into the rope!

Edwards shocks his head in shock and is unprepared as Drago fires two stiff chops that echo out across the Temple. The crowd cheers the much smaller man early offensive onslaught!

Drago ducks under a big clothesline attempt after a failed Irish whip attempt on his part and quickly fires off a basement dropkick to his opponent’s unprotected leg. The impact buckle’s Edwards, but he manages to regain his balance by grabbing the top rope to steady himself.

Drago makes a fatal mistake when he gets a running start and runs into a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker that causes everyone in the crowd to wince.

From that point on, Edwards methodically takes his time and ensures all of his maneuvers are inflicted with maximum explosion behind them. A belly to belly suplex, a stiff scoop slam, a sidewalk slam, a Beal throw…All moves are executed for maximum effect and leave Drago writhing on the mat in pain. When O’Shay finally plants Drago in the center of the ring with his Ghost Driver (Tiger Driver) and pins him easily, it is almost a mercy.

Winner- O’Shay Edwards via pinfall ( 4:18 )

7oUP1RJm.jpg
k2q8PJXm.jpg

Dario Cueto walks briskly down the dark hallways of his Temple with a scowl on his face. Muttering to himself, he almost runs into Gringo Loco.

Dario Cueto (surprised)- “ Dear God, man! You startled me.

Gringo Loco- “ Dario, I need to speak with you about competing tonight.

Dario Cueto (scoffing in annoyance)- “ Believe me, mi amigo. There is no room tonight. Come back tomorrow.

Dario attempts to step around, but Gringo Loco blocks his path.

Gringo Loco- “ There is a spot in the main event.

Dario glares at Gringo Loco in frustration and annoyance. He squints his eyes and clears his throat to collect himself before speaking.

Dario Cueto- Let me give you some advice. Alberto El Patron is not your friend. He is a piece of rubbish who uses any and everyone around him. He isn’t worth it.

Gringo Loco- “ Five thousand dollars is worth a nights work for me.

Dario Cueto- “ I admire your balls. I really do. It is quite impressive, but you would never earn it. My brother will not be withheld in any way tonight. I want you to imagine Motanza Cueto UNCHAINED. So please ( taking a few moments to look the man in front of him up and down) Come back next week.

Cueto quickly brushes Gringo Loco aside and hustles down the hallway in a rush as Gringo Loco stares forward down the opposite hallway with a disappointed look.

tBbH2Utm.jpg

7oUP1RJm.jpg
rUj8Fonm.jpg

The camera pans across the office as Ivelisse waits nervously alone. Dario Cueto storms in and angrily sits down. As Ivelisse sit and waits, Dario runs his hands through his hair and turns in his chair to reach for the shelf behind him.

Dario shakily fixes himself a drink from a crystal decanter and spins around to face Ivelisse. He takes a drink pull from the glass before finally looking her in the eye.

Dario Cueto- “ You will not be competing tonight. I’m sorry.

Ivelisse (with an outraged look)- “ What?....WAIT!...Why?!

Dario begins to answer before a voice off screen answers.

erlD8bim.jpg

Tessa Blanchard- “ Because you’ve got a match with ME next week.

Tessa Blanchard strolls confidently into the office. Ivellisse immediately stands and squares up on the controversial wrestler. The two ladies get nose to nose as Dario closes his eyes in annoyance and sinks into his chair.

Dario Cueto- “ Ladies…….Please.

Ivellisse takes a step back and looks Tessa Blanchard up and down skeptically for a few moments.

Ivellisse (walking out of the office)- “ Next week then.

The camera cuts back to a red hot Temple as the lights dim to announce a very intense main event.

Matt Striker- “ I guess that means our main event is about to begin. I’m not sure I’m prepared, if I’m being honest.

Don Callis: “ Oh yeah…I forgot to mention that Ivellisse won’t be competing tonight. My bad guys.

Vampiro (dryly) - “ This guy.

QYCo0VKm.jpg

Alberto El Patron appears at the top of the ramp and solemnly looks out across the Temple. With a serious look on his face he hustles down the steps on his way to the ring as the crowd cheers him on.

Matt Striker- “ This man has a hell of a challenge in front of him.”

Don Callis: “ He said wanted a match with Matanza Cuerto. He got that and a lot more. “

Vampiro - “ Dario is sending a message: Do not challenge him or demand things. Remember, he doesn’t have a spotless reputation. Those rumors may or may not be true. “

Matt Striker- “I can assure you all….They are true.”

ARsrUqHm.jpg
whPFseIm.jpg

The lights dim and a lone red spotlight appears at the head of the stairs. As the crowd hushes, WHYnDM (Bray Wyatt) steps into with El Gronda in toe. He smiles and raises his skulls head cane to the crowd. They cheer as Gronda menacingly glares around.

As the lights come back up, WHYnDM surpises everyone and pulls a microphone from behind his back and begins to speak to Alberto instead of coming to the ring.

WHYnDM - “ Alberto….Hello, sir. I’m sorry my associate and I must meet you under these circumstances. I must say, I have admired your work from afar for quite some time. You are quite the bad boy aren’t you, sir?

WHYnDM leers towards Alberto as he waits impatiently in the ring. In his agitated state, Alberto curtly shakes his head and turns his back on his upcoming opponent to walk towards the turnbuckle.

WHYnDM- “ Now let's not be rude. I want to offer you a bit of advice before this slaughter. You see what I’ve seen in your life is that you too make friends with the devil.

Alberto spins around and glares in WHYnDM’s direction as the crowd reacts to the jab.

WHYnDM- “ Oh you know EXACTLY what I’m talking about. My advice, however, may provide you with a bit more nuance. You see sir, if you do not mind me saying, you just blindly grab for what the obvious devil in front of you is urging you to grab. ( as he speaks the camera focuses on El Gronda’s devil mask as he glares menacingly into the crowd) What I would have liked to implore you to do, however, would be to listen to the devil sitting on your shoulder when he whispers in your ear. You see, sometimes the obvious isn’t always what's best. Believe me on this.

As he trails off, he motions for someone off screen. As he does a wrestler in a black hooded robe steps out and stands by WHYnDM’s left side. WHYnDM smiles and heads towards the ring with El GrondaTo everyones surprise the hooded wrestler steps back against the back wall and crosses his arms.

As the announcers speculate what this new player means to this situation, Alberto tenses up and begins gauging how he will handle El Gronda and WHYnDM. WHYnDM and his cohort stop at the base of the steps and stare into the ring with ominous glee as El Patron clenches his fist and prepares for battle.

9E8Q1plm.jpg

Dario Cueto emerges from his office and cooly surveys the Temple before staring at the group standing in and around the ring. He sneers at them before speaking.

Dario Cueto- “ This is what one of you asked for and what the other one deserves. Let me see here…Why don’t we just throw this nice veneer out of the window? Tonight is a no-disqualification handicap match. You two have fun with my brother. MATANZA!!!!!!!

C1MWdwPm.jpg

Matanza Cueto burst out of his brother’s office and roars in rage. Eyes shining out from under his mask, his muscles bulging, Matanza growls at the cameraman before rushing to the ring and sliding under the bottom rope!

QYCo0VKm.jpg
ARsrUqHm.jpg
C1MWdwPm.jpg
Alberto El Patron
vs.
WHYnDM
Matanza Cueto

As he stands, Alberto rushes forward and fires off a huge haymaker that temporarily stuns the masked monster. El Patron fires off more punches, but Matanza eats all of the shots and explodes with a jumping double hammerfist that buckles his attacker. El Patron catches himself on Cueto’s torso and fires off a European style forearm that snaps Matanza’s head back!

Matt Stryker: “ The intensity of these shots is intense! I can FEEL the impact from here!

Vampiro - “ This has been building up for weeks.

Don Callis: “ Guys….these two are going to punch themselves out in the first two minutes. No one can keep up this pace.

As the two bitter enemies pound one another WHYnDM grins from ear to ear at ringside as he watches on with El Gronda by his side. In the ring, El Patron and Matanza still fire off heavy blows to each other. One second, Matanza is clobbering Alberto with huge barclaw-like strikes. Then the second generation star recovers and gives the masked giant a rough slap across the ear that drops him to one knee. As El Patron begins to batter him, Matanza fires off a HUGE forearm between the legs that buckles El Patron and drops him to his side ( where he remains curled in the fetal position).

Matt Striker- “ This is reminiscent of Magnum T.A. and Tully Blanchard at Starcade or Dusty Rhodes and Kevin Sullivan in Florida in terms of brutality and pure malice.”

Don Callis: “And as evil is comitted… the devil just looks at it and smiles.

Vampiro - “ He’s biding his time. Trust me, I’ve wrestled with demons my whole life. They take their time and hit you when you are weakest. Mark my words on this.

Matanza viscously drops to his knees and grabs Alberto by the throat with his two massive hands. Alberto frantically claws at Cueto’s face as his windpipe gets closed off. El Patron’s legs kick violently as the masked monster tries to choke the life out of him. Eventually, Alberto manages to work his thumb into Cueto’s eye socket and force him to release his grip on his orbit in agony.

As Matanza clutches his face and staggers to the ropes, Alberto violently gasps for breath and massages his throat. Breathing deep ragged breaths, El Patron forces his way to his feet and steadies himself against the ropes. Matanza blindly staggers towards El Patron, but is met with a standing drop kick that surprises everyone in the arena!

The camera switches over to WHYnDM and El Gronda as they stay at ringside; watching the action with anticipation. For a brief moment, El Gronda lunges towards El Patron as he leaned into the ropes near him, but WHYnDM holds up a gloved hand. The gesture freezes the devil in his tracks and forces him to lick his sharp fangs eagerly.

The announcers speculate about when the demonic pair will insert themselves into the match as El Patron wearily gets to his feet and waits for his larger opponent to struggle to his feet. As soon as Matanza Cueto staggers to his feet, Alberto rushes forward and executes a massive over-the-shoulder suplex that sends Matanza crashing violently to the mat! Alberto rises to one knee and holds his arms out in triumph as Matanza clutches his lower back in pain.

As Matanza rolls to the sitting position, El Patron gets a running start and gives a soccer kick to his opponent’s lower back. El Patron quickly follows up the huge blow with several overhead punches and chops to the stunned Matanza. He only stops when he appears to hurt his hand after a stiff punch. Clutching his hand in pain, Alberto angrily Spartan kicks the seated Matanza in his chest and stomps his chest into the canvas!

Vampiro
- “ The brutality is ramping up now. These guys hate one another. Having been in blood feuds myself………. Something comes over you. “

Matt Striker- “ It changes wrestlers. Buzz Sawyer and Tommy Rich were never the same after their infamous final match in Atlanta.

Don Callis: “And no one cares. This is good shit.

Vampiro - “ OH! No doubt, but it is NOT for the faint of heart, Don.

Using his legitimate grappling skills, El Patron mounts Matanza and throws some hard punches to his unprotected head before transitioning into a triangle choke and rolling to his back! Matanza thrashes El Patron as he pulls back on his head and forces the masked wrestler's carotid artery against his legs!

All three announcers shout out in surprise at the maneuver and how deep it is applied. For a few tense moment’s Matanza struggles to muscle his way out of the hold; before he uses his remaining strength to pick Alberto up from off his back into the standing powerbomb position as El Patron struggles to maintain his grip. The crowd explodes as Matanza falls forward and smashes El PAtron into the canvas with his full body weight behind him! Both men lay splayed about the ring. Both men appear spent and exhausted as they lie in the center of the ring.

On cue, WHYnDM nudges El Gronda at ringside. Snarling, the demonic wrestler lumbers towards the ring with ill intent. As the large rudo enters the ring, the crowd quiets in excitement. The large wrestlers gets a running starts and drops a huge jumping elbow drop on El Patron’s chest. The ring shakes from the impact and WHYnDM can be heard cackling from ringside.

Vampiro - “ The devil always takes his cut eventually. In life, in whisky, in wrestling… you have to give him due, ya know?

Don Callis: “ Do you hear yourself?

Vampiro - “ Don. Coming from you of all people-

Matt Striker- “ Who is that coming down the steps?!

k2q8PJXm.jpg

Gringo Loco sprints past WHYnDM and slides into the ring with a folding chair! El Gronda turns around and EATS an unprotected blow to the head from Loco! A sick CRACK from the impact of the blow echoes out across the Temple as the crowd gasps.

As Gringo Loco turns around with his chair at the ready, WHYnDM gives a sinister chuckle and coyly climbs the ring steps on to the ring apron. Holding his cane out like a sword, the eccentric wrestler cautiously enters the ring while keeping his eyes warily on Gringo Loco.

WHYnDM (bringing his microphone to his lips) - “ Hello. I do not believe we have had the pleasure yet.

WHYnDM causally begins to circle Gringo Loco with his cane pointed at Gringo Loco as he speaks. Loco holds his chair up and carefully tracks the dangerous wrestler as he moves. WHYnDM almost casually steps over El Patron as he maintains eye contact with Gringo Loco.

WHYnDM (in a friendly tone) - “ I have gone by many names, but what is most important at this very moment is that you….dear sir… could be costing me a winner’s purse in defense of your so called friend here. I’m afraid I cannot allow that to stand.

As he utters his last stance he stops completely ( and also conveniently turns Gringo Loco’s focus 180 degrees). WHYnDM’s grin slowly fades and he stares at Gringo Loco with cold dead eyes. The announcers quickly call attention to the cloaked wrestler moving quickly down the staircase behind Gringo Loco’s turned back. The figure drops his robe when he gets to ringside and reveals …. Demonic Flamita!

cbok2I2m.jpg

Flamita carefully scales the ring apron and climbs the turnbuckle as WHYnDM holds Gringo Loco’s attention with his threats. As Loco readjusts his grip on his chair, Flamita leaps off the post and connects with a missile dropkick that takes Gringo Loco off his feet!

WHYnDM strolls over and casually uses his foot to push Gringo Loco’s discarded chair out of the ring with a sardonic smile on his face. Gringo Loco rolls on the ground in pain and futility tries to recover as Flamita walks over and assists the massive El Gronda to his feet.

WHYnDM carefully inspects Gringo Loco as the wrestler struggles to regain his bearings before suddenly jabbing him in the side with his cane! Gringo Loco curls into the fetal position as he clutches his side in agony. WHYnDM responds to the gesture with a hard kick to Gringo Loco’s head that sends him rolling under the top rope and to the Temple’s floor.

Alberto El Patron manages to use the ropes to make it to the standing position as the building’s attention is focussed elsewhere, but as he stumbles into the turnbuckle to remain erect, WHYnDM notices his sorry physical state. El Gronda and Demonic Flamita’s respond to a sharp whistle from WHYnDM as he seeks to gain their attention. With a sly grin, he tilts his head toward El Patron. On cue, both men charge the injured the wrestler and attack him as he attempts to recatch his breath.

Both masked wrestlers lay into mercilessly as El Patron futility tries to protect himself by covering up. As El Patron gets attacked, WHYnDM follows Gringo Loco to the floor and feigns mocks concern as he helps Gringo Loco to his feet before roughly throwing him into the crowd barrier! WHYnDM preens to the crowd as his henchmen brutally punch and kick at El Patron. WHYnDM dramatically climbs onto the ring apron and then scales the ringpost to sit on the top turnbuckle and watch as Gronda chokes Alberto with his boot as Flamite throws pointed kicks to his exposed side.

As the announcers bemoan the unfairness of the situation, Matanza Cueto hoists himself to his feet in the opposite turnbuckle. Take huge heaving breaths, the masked monster seems to balloon with rage as he suddenly unleashes an intense roar.

The Cueto brother charges across the ring and attacks both Flamita and Gronda! His massive frame crashes into both men and mashes them into the turnbuckle! The force of the blow knocks Matanza back towards the center of the ring. He marches forward and easily picks Flamita in both arms. He plants Flamita in the center of the ring with a reverse-inversed powerslam that shakes the arena.

As the crowd reacts, Matanza pops up and charges Gronda. The large demon is taken off his feet and over the top rope with a running clothesline! The frenzied Matanza rabidly pulls Alberto up by the wrists and rag dolls his dead weight in an overhead belly to belly release suplex that launches the injured wrestler into the center of the ring.

Matt Striker- “ Alberto is out. Someone needs to stop this.

Don Callis: “Alberto asked for this.

Vampiro - “ Don’t forget about WHYnDM.

On cue, WHYnDM swoops down from his perch on the top rope and carefully approaches Matanza from behind. As Matanza stands up from his suplex, he turns around and is met with a massive FIREBALL that explodes in front of his face.

1LtpqYcm.jpg

Matt Striker- “ OH NO! He’s done it again.

Don Callis: “That was an…. Unfortunate…. decision by Mr. WHYnDM.

Vampiro - “ He’s just burned Dario’s brother. Are you kidding me?

WHYnDM’s gloved hand smokes as he walks around the thrashing form of Matanza Cueto. He deftly helps Flamita to his feet and instructs him to help Gronda. As the crowd buzzes with anticipation, WHYnDM roughly grabs Matanza by his mask and collar of his shirt and forces him to his feet. In one sudden motion he grabs Matanza’s head and leans forward positioning him for the Devil’s Bargain (Sister Abigail). He smiles at the audience before suddenly twisting the burned monster onto his head. The impact of the move drops MAtanza from a frenzied animal to a cold stone in a heartbeat. WHYnDM stands with a flourish and bows to the audience before roughly dragging Matanza on top of Alberto. The referee mercifully counts the pinfall.

Winner: Matanza Cueto and WHYnDM (via pinfall 23:03 )

As Demonic Flamita and Gronda pace around the ring menacingly, WHYnDM stares down at Matanza and Alberto with a huge cheshire grin on his face. He holds his hands up to his face and admires them. As the camera zooms in, smoke can be seen rising off his fingers!

Dario Cueto comes sprinting out of his office and slides under the bottom rope. He frantically crawls over to his brother and rolls him off El Patron as WHYnDM backs away and takes a position a few feet away.

Matanza grips his burned face in pain as Cueto attempts to get a better look at his brother’s injuries. Alberto slowly rolls over to and crawls over to Gringo Loco before dramatically collapsing beside him. As the scene unfolds around him, WHYnDM strolls past Cueto as he attempts to calm his brother as he jerks around in agony. As he passes the promoter he patronizingly pats the distressed man on the top of his head.

Dario suddenly affixes a look of pure hatred at WHYnDm as the wrestler exits the ring. As WHYnDM exits he meets Cueto’s gaze with a sly smirk. With a quick wink, WHYnDM exits the Temple with his entourage in toe.

Last edited:

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Just wanted to drop in and say how cool this thread is. Bray Wyatt someone who I have gone off in real life works so well in this thread and LU more comic book like universe. Also Ivelisse vs Tessa Blanchard sounds like a very fun match and Willie Mack and Mance Warner vs FTR sounds great.

Deco90

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
I see another episode has been posted so I'm returning to the Temple to check it out!

- Man, if there's anyone that could rival Dario for corruption or slimy-ness it's Don Callis Haha! This got me more intrigued as Ivellise appears to be caught up in quite the spider web here.

- Nice job with the commentary and the introduction, feels very Lucha Underground.

- Really good match to start the show! No surprise to see FTR pick up the win but that's totally fine with me.

- Hmm. Interesting segment. So it seems like Bray is involved too with whoever this lady is, and wants going on with Dario.

- O'Shay Edwards is a very interesting pick up for Lucha Underground and on first glance, doesn't seem to suit but acknowledging the mask almost instantly changes that and gives him a character instantly in this comic like world mixed with wrestling. Again, got me intrigued to see what he does going forward. I like it.

Good debut picking up a quick victory over Drago which is how Drago should be used this stage, I'd say. All good with me!

- Gringo Loco is a brave man.. Or, very foolish. Again though, I think your portrayal of Cueto during this BTB so far has been great.

-Tessa Blanchard! Well, as shown with Sexy Star, if there's a way back to wrestling for even the most dodgy of characters, it's through the Lucha Underground Temple! Tessa vs Ivelisse NEXT WEEK! I'M SO DOWN!

- Oh wow! So much to unpack in those last segments and the Main Event. This Bray character is intriguing, and even more so is the group he's seemingly forming with lucha connections but all portraying very evil characters. I like it. I had a feeling Gringo was going to come down and that proved foolish indeed. Bray ending the show with the fireball and walking past Dario is such an.. "I'M HIM!" moment of no fucks given and I'm here for it Haha!

Overall: Another good show mate! I'm enjoying the direction and the characters. I love the description and how you set the tones for the segments and scenarios. Really good man! Well done!

• Love

EZ3

it isn't easy being smart
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
knees2faces
I really dig this thread from what I've read thus far. I'm not entirely up to date with Lucha Underground, I've seen a few bits and pieces here but I think that helps with reading the show as my entire outlook is shaped by how it's presented.

I love that this is something different and allows you to play with the format a bit with how LU is presented. I know it can be a bit more television show versus wrestling show, and I think you play off those elements really well with some of the spooky stuff and fireball type things.

I loved the WHYnDM angle with the fireball and the segments building throughout the night with Dario Cueto. To my original point, the use of Dario throughout the night and his journey from the opening segment was super interesting. Kept me waiting for the next update and presents the show in a different way as it did appear more cinematic with cliffhangers compared to your standard show that's written.

The ending of the night was chaotic and I did struggle at times to remember who was who. I'm sure that'll fix itself as I become more invested. I thought that the WHYnDM presentation was great and he immediately stands out as a major star of the thread. You've managed to present him as a major threat and a villain from the latest show, and the use of the fireball gets over his next-level intent. The description at the end of the show was a nice touch. I love the little things like the touch of the head and the wink, and the way WHYnDM just walks away without a care in the world. Brilliant work.

Will be reading more!

• Love

White Rhyno

Reaction score
uCkF6zy.png

7oUP1RJt.jpg
Dario Cueto
Promoter
p612T79t.jpg
adzhYFQt.jpg
Jo2VZSmt.jpg
Don Callis
Commentary
Matt Striker
Commentary
Vampiro
Commentary
QYCo0VKt.jpg
ayi9EDAt.jpg
C1MWdwPt.jpg
2FQrSEmt.jpg
3WzpPmdt.jpg
Alberto El Patron
Record: 1-1-1
Chavo Guerrero

Matanza Cueto
Record: 1-0-1
Tony Depen
Black Taurus
STPI0R7t.jpg
VVkEddMt.jpg
ARsrUqHt.jpg
whPFseIt.jpg
AjH47dht.jpg
Dax Hardwood
Record: 3-0-0
Earnings: $15,000
Cash Wheeler
WHYnDM
GRONDA
Bad Dude Tito
F7ttSY1t.jpg
DYJbc49t.jpg
rUj8Font.jpg
kn1Mo7Kt.jpg
62yPbZ4t.jpg
Jessamayne Duke
Sexy Dulce
Ivelesse
Diamante
Psycho Clown
hUvdaTat.jpg
8UdOKIut.jpg
RoRFRNvt.jpg
k2q8PJXt.jpg
GMg2Q5Bt.jpg
Drago
Areo Star
Willie Mack
Gringo Loco
Puma King
RpEmHpQm.jpg
yRiQBSgm.jpg
1Y7Jrkit.jpg
x0UhiyOm.jpg
kSsio1o.jpg

Trauma II
Trauma I
Mance Warner
Lince Dorado
O'Shay Edwards
TH59zvr.jpg
FrGOmEG.jpg
erlD8bi.jpg
cbok2I2.jpg
Aramas
Mil Muertes
Tessa Blanchard
Demonic Flamita

uCkF6zyl.png

PREVIEW

7oUP1RJm.jpg
ARsrUqHm.jpg

After the chaotic ending of the last LUCHA UNDERGROUND, what will Dario Cueto's response to WHYnDM and his devilish associates be?

WKAZV4Js.jpg

TH59zvrm.jpg
vs.
2FQrSEmm.jpg

After his frustrating loss to a debuting Lince Dorado, Tony Deppen has been lobbying Dario Cueto for a rematch. Calling his loss a fluke, Deppen has become man obsessed with defeating the popular luchadore.

The debuting
Aramis has built quite the reputation as a young talent in Mexico and the American independent wrestling scene in recent years and appears ready to make his Temple debut.

Is Deppen overlooking a hot young talent in his quest for a rematch or will his technical wrestling mastery and headstrong mindset be too much for the debuting luchadore?

WKAZV4Js.jpg

k2q8PJXm.jpg
vs.
cbok2I2m.jpg

Lost amongst the chaos of this past week's chaotic ending was Gringo Loco's choice to ignore Dario Cueto's suggestion to stay out of the main event. With his apparent friendship with the controversial Alberto El Patron seeming to grow, Gringo attempted to help the outgunned second generation star in his handicap match, but wound up eating a missal dropkick from the debuting Demonic Flamita.

Next week both men will face off in the ring. What is Flamita's connection with El Gronda and WHYnDM? Will WHYnDM and El Gronda appear with Flamita in his debut or will their involvement in burning Matanza Cueto prevent them from being there?

WKAZV4Js.jpg

erlD8bim.jpg
vs.
rUj8Fonm.jpg

The mysterious benefactor of Lucha Underground has set up this match personally after weeks of speculation over who this and what is her connection with Ivellisse? Tessa Blanchard has a very controversial history, but her talent in undeniable.

What will the outcome of this match be and what will be the fallout from upper management?

Last edited:

Looking Glass

Reaction score

LG4.png

I said before when you started posting these on Clique that I was really excited, not just to see you back in the fold but to tackle Lucha Underground, who I think had a really unique and edgy formula. I will try and read every show to give an overall picture (wish me luck) but apologies if I fumble on anything. I think what I'm looking for from an LU booker is - exciting matches, featuring high-flying, Lucha libre moves and a seasonal drama feel to your storytelling mixed with the Lucha aesthetic and lore. Let's see how you do...

I love the ominous horn.

Focusing the early shows around Alberto El Patron makes sense on the one hand, he was at one point one of the biggest names out there. However, his reputation has been marred so much that I don't know if I would fully endorse LU taking this risk. However, controversy creates cash and the indie scene has often allowed talent to reinvent themselves and salvage their reputations.

I like how Patron is portrayed as thinking he's too good for somewhere like LU, it feels quite fitting given that WWE essentially erased his Lucha history and it plays into this whole thing that despite his way of thinking, Patron is damaged goods - needing LU as much as they need him.

Are we pretending that Dario Cueto isn't dead in this version? If so, I would've liked to have seen some form of explanation around it, but part of me is glad you're giving us some familiarity. I mean, I know he was Antonio as well but Dario will always be the OG. Using Dario to make Patron feel a bit more redeemable as a character is also a smart move.

Having Vampiro and Striker back in commentary again plays to the nostalgia of it all. I think they were a phenomenal commentary team and really suited the product. Adding Callis is a bold move, but I've always enjoyed his work and I think it also takes us into YOUR season 5. I also think giving them this backstage/shoot interaction is very LU, where it feels like anyone and everyone can get involved. I think part of LU's charm is while there were heels and faces, the different tribes and stables meant that there was this turf war with Cueto always being the ultimate evil, so having him inset his agenda into things like the commentary set up play into his character even further.

I'm a big Tony Deppen fan, but more so for his ring work than his character. I think LU is somewhere he could really excel because of his skills, but also force a character out of him. Chavo being introduced was also a nice touch, I know he had a brief stint with AEW IRL but I think LU is one of the few places that would really introduce him as a big deal in 2022/2023.

Ivelisse is another example of someone whose backstage reputation may overshadow her in-ring work, but she's actually someone I'm glad you've reintroduced. Jessamyn Duke is a choice, I can't say I was her biggest fan in the few appearances I saw of her, but it plays into Dario's bloodlust with her being a legit fighter.

WHYnDM would be a huge deal and Patron seems like your leading man or the guy you promote to draw the audience in, only to surprise them with WHYnDM. I think his lore and general wackiness play straight into the LU universe.

Was surprised to see the double DQ finish but this is still early, so it makes sense to keep these feuds burning, especially with Patron and the Cuetos. I also like the detail of mentioning the cash bonuses from the matches, it's like a little 'ism' that you can associate with the promotion that its competitors aren't doing.

Black Taurus is another star buy, I think there are loads you could do with him from a storyline/origins perspective. Aero Star and Drago are good choices to bring back in and I like how you're using these segments to build back your roster slowly.

FTR, I'm a little unsure of. I noticed you mention they have the NJPW and AAA Tag Team titles at this point, so I guess there's a Lucha link there, it's just that LU always seemed quite self-contained so it's an interesting route to acknowledge AAA. I guess, much like WHYnDM, they're helping add some bankability to your product, but I'll reserve judgement until I see how they are integrated into the LU world. So far, it feels like they're showing up but I don't necessarily get why they're in the Temple.

Interesting spot for Bad Dude Tito, WHYnDM is literally feuding with the devil. I love him running the gauntlet almost with Psycho Clown and the heart punch/claw finisher is *chef's kiss*. I think it's so simple and effect and I can just visualise how it would work in LU. The referee stoppage also adds some aggression to WHYnDM's character - he isn't just the kooky guy from WWE, who got creative storylines but rarely wrestled anymore. I've not heard with El Gronda, but definitely intrigured so might look him up.

I've seen Mance Warner only very briefly in MLW, so interested to see what you do with him. Losing to Guerrero gives him some legitimacy in this sort of environment, although I feel like Chavo could be better served as a coach/mentor to someone. However, I like that he's now found himself at the bottom of Cueto's priorities.

Having actual women's matches is pretty new for LU and throwing Diamante in the mix makes complete sense if you're looking to establish a solid women's division. Sexy Star/Dulce is an interesting choice, I don't know if you could've played into her history more by having her seemingly return as a face only to then ditch the mask and become Dulce, just to officially turn her back on the crowd etc, but either way, I like this direction. Ivelisse and Dulce would be a tense and aggressive match.

I was interested by the introduction of Gringo Loco and having Patron as an ally or at least getting his approval seems like a big rub for him, especially as it's drawn the ire of Cueto.

I love Callis' remarks, the one where he calls Warner an idiot for verbalising 'dramatic pause' was pretty funny. Sidenote: I enjoy The Mack being back as well.

Was not expecting Chavo to cross over into WHYnDM's storyline, but I'm here for it. I think it's a nice way of putting that fork in the road for a heel, who thought they had management backing, only to be thrown to the wolves.

MIL MUERTES! Now I'm excited and this 'she' best be Catrina!

I'm a Drago fan, so it's tough to see him lose, but I do like the fact you're utilizing some former ROH talent like O'Shay Edwards.

Nuclear Blanchard is the building! I did catch a glimpse of this before. I do not envy the head of talent relationships with your roster haha. In all seriousness though, I've always been intrigued at seeing her return in some fashion and I assume her relationship with Daga could play into her time in LU.

That main event with Patron, WHYnDM and Mantanza was pretty huge on paper and definitely lived up to the hype. I love the fireball usage, the addition of Flamita too. I think you've captured the essence of LU really well while putting your spin on it.

I think overall you're doing a really good job of introducing new characters and balancing their individual storylines, while also weaving some into others quite organically. I think Patron and WHYnDm clearly stand out as the prime focuses of your version, but I like that you're also pushing new characters like Gringo Loco and El Gronda.

It does feel like some of the original talents are there for name value and nostalgia at the moment, so I'm interested to see if there's any plans there. The reintroduction of Mil Muertes definitely has me excited though.

Other than that, it would be good to just get more of a picture of where we're at with LU as a company - is this a 20 episode season? Or is it not just an ongoing weekly show? Are the titles coming back? Are we getting new ones? You're building more a women's division rather than going down the intergender route and it seems that tag matches are being favoured over trios - neither are negative things, but it's just whether these are conscious decisions to make LU a bit more 'American-style' or if there's going to be a reintroduction of these concepts down the line.

I said previously I like the gangland mentality that LU had and I think your character work with Cueto is excellent. I do miss the tribes being a thing, just because I think it could help in terms of some characters - Black Taurus for example, obviously Drago was part of the snake tribe for a bit. However again, this is still early in your project. I think you've done a tremendous job in bringing back LU and giving fans something different but have remained faithful enough so that original fans wouldn't be alienated.

Best of luck on this and sorry that this live review is a bit all over the place!

Last edited:

White Rhyno

Reaction score
cXprPtBl.jpg

xmxIffPm.jpg

The camera pans across the neon skyline of Los Angeles. The electric orange glow of street lights mixes with headlights to light up the massive urban sprawl. The camera angle suddenly zooms and breaks only to come back in a little closer.

tBbH2Utm.jpg

7oUP1RJt.jpg

Dario Cueto sits in his office staring at a charred mask that lies on his desk. He picks it up and clutches it regretfully before taking a sip from the glass on his right. A tap at the door breaks him from his morose meditation. Dario places the mask in his desk and tidies up before answering.

Dario Cueto- “ Come in.

k2q8PJXt.jpg

Gringo Loco enters the office and takes a seat in the chair in front of the desk.

Gringo Loco- “ You wanted to see me, Dario?

Dario stares at him for a few tense seconds before taking another sip from his glass and answering.

Dario Cueto- “ You just couldn’t leave well enough alone. You asked to be involved and a tried to steer you away. Do you remember?

Gringo Loco nods and attempts to answer, but Dario barrels on.

Dario Cueto- “ Now you have no choice…. My benefactor has ordered me to make this match. You see, WHYnDM has considerable influence with her and your… involvement…. In last weeks main event got his attention, amigo.

Now you will be in match with Demonic El Falmita tonight. You remember him don’t you? He’s the devil that put a boot to your head and knocked you out.

Gringo Loco holds up a hand and interjects.

Gringo Loco- “ Good. I’ll bust his ass.

Dario laughs at Gringo Loco’s confidence. He takes a long pull from his drink and opens his desk drawer. He holds up his brothers charred mask and glares intently at Gringo Loco.

Dario Cueto- “ Understand something… He will not be alone. Your amigo is busted up from the beating my brother gave him last night. You WILL BE ALONE. Good luck against those three. Congratulations.

Dario finished the contents in his glass and briefly shudders.

Dario Cueto- “ Now get out.

Gringo Loco stands. He shakes his head in annoyance before storming out of the office. Dario slowly picks up that mask and examines it before suddenly throwing it in his drawer and slamming it frustration.

JEWJ32nm.jpg

Announcers

adzhYFQs.jpg
p612T79s.jpg
Jo2VZSms.jpg
Matt Striker
Don Callis
Vampiro

The show opens with a hot Temple crowd dancing a cheering. The swooping crowd shots and blinking light show are punctuated by a pulsating mariachi band equipped with horns .

2FQrSEms.jpg
TH59zvrs.jpg
Tony Deppen
VS.
Aramis

The match begins and Deppen immediately appeals to Aramis to leave the ring because “ You’re just not in my league, kid. I’m about to make a statement. Don’t make me make it on you.”
Deppen points towards the locker room arrogantly, but Aramis ignores his jibes and steps towards the center of the ring.

The gesture causes Deppen to roll his eyes in disgust, before complaining to the referee about the gesture. The official shrugs his shoulders in confusion at whatever Deppen’s bizarre request was.

Matt Striker- “ What was Tony expecting? Did he think the referee was going to make him forfeit?

Don Callis- “ Mr. Deppen has had grievances with current management. Unfortunately due to my connections with The Temple’s current ownership I’m not at liberty to say that numerous complaints are being looked into.

Vampiro- “ I see what you did there?

Don Callis- “ What’s that?

The other two announcers groan as Deppen and his younger opponent square off in the center of the ring. Rather than taking Aramis’ lead and engaging in a collar-and-elbow tie-up. Deppen drops to one knee and quickly puts the luachdore on his back with an ankle pick. Aramis quickly rolls to his feet, but the cagy Deppen cinches a rear waistlock and gains standing back control.

Using his superior positioning and masterful technique, Deppen transitions from the rear-waistlock to a wrist lock and from the wristlock to a sitting reverse-armbar attempt! Deppen’s chain wrestling gets the announcers buzzing about his ability, but Callis is quick to remind his cohorts about Deppen’s earlier loss to Lince Dorado.

Aramis manages to make his way back to the standing position and twist his arm out of Deppen’s grip using superior leverage, but Deppen quickly slides under the bottom rope rather than standing and reengaging the eager luchadore. Deppen disrespectfully begins arguing with someone in the crowd, rather than keeping his focus on his opponent mere feet away from him.

Aramis angrily reaches between the ropes and slaps Deppen as he ignores him. The blow snaps Deppen back into the match and he angrily yells at the referee to intervene and allow him to reenter the ring! Despite Deppen’s arrogant tone, the referee respectfully motions for Aramis to the center of the ring to allow Deppen to climb back on the ring apron and re enter through the ropes.

This time the pair lock up and strain against each other’s strength in the collar and elbow tie-up. Both wrestlers strain as they push one another into the ropes and strategically exchange positions against the ropes before Deppen finally corners Aramis into the turnbuckle.
The referee moves to step in and call for the break, but Deppen opportunistically begins tugging at the young luchadore’s mask before arrogantly backing away with his arms held out innocently to his side.

The gesture enrages Aramis as he adjusts his mask and charges forward. Using the luchadore’s momentum against him, Deppen sidesteps the charge and manages to grip the luchdore’s head as he runs by with both arms and executes a perfect falling neckbreaker!

Don Callis- “ Tony Deppen is a lot of things AND I’ve heard you two say them. He’s weird. He’s annoying. He is-

Vampiro- “ Tony can go. Really…that's all that matters. I mean, he’s a weird cat, but he can go in the ring.

Don Callis- “ Not the guy you want to hang out with after the show?

Vampiro- “ I can’t say we would have anything in common, but sure….. I’d give it a shot.

Deppen establishes control and slows down the match to a crawl by focussing his attack on Aramis’ legs. He uses his technical grappling to keep Aramis grounded with a toehold, a surfboard and an attempted knee bar. Throughout the series of holds, Deppen obnoxiously taunts his opponent,screaming at him to quit and mocking his attempts to escape his grip. His bravado annoys the announcers and the crowd, but their ire only seems to encourage his behavior.

Aramis eventually uses a rope break and Deppen’s preening to the crowd to seize his moment. Aramis manages to sling Deppen off the ropes with a surprise wrist grip that allows the quicker wrestler to drop to the mat and use the pair’s momentum to send Deppen into the ropes. Deppen rebounds into a quick dropkick.

Deppen attempts to stand up while holding his injured mouth, but stumbles into a standing hurricanrana that sends him hurtling into the center of the ring. The crowd pops as Aramis stands up and celebrates before charging into the ropes!

Deppen dives under a charging Aramis forcing him to hurtle his arrogant opponent and charge into the opposite ring ropes. Aramis rebounds back to the center of the ring with even more momentum but Deppen attempts a surprise clothesline that the luchadore barely ducks under as he runs past!
Aramis uses his momentum to jump into the ropes and springboards back towards the center of the ring with a flying cross-bodyblock! The crowd pops as the referee drops to count the pinfall, but Deppen kicks out before he can even begin the count.

Deppen attempts to roll under the bottom rope, but Aramis quickly adjusts and sprints across the ring again. The Temple roars as Aramis flies through the ropes and flies into an unsuspecting Deppen on the Temple’s floor!

Matt Striker- “ As the pace picks up Aramis is having a decided advantage. It would seem that Deppens focus on embarrassing the young man has backfired.

Don Callis- “ This is why he lost to Lince Dorado.

Vampiro- “ Oh no. Not that shit again. I’m so tired of hearing Tony complain about that loss.

The Temple cheers Aramis on as he raises his arms and acknowledges them instead of attacking the downed Deppen. When he refocuses his attention on Deppen, the cagey wrestler deftly pokes Aramis in his left eye as he reaches down to pull him to his feet. Aramis stumbles back in agony as Deppen carefully rolls off the floor and unsteadily to his feet. With an annoyed look on his face, Deppen roughly grips his blinded opponent by his masks and shoves him under the bottom rope and into the ring.

A visibly frustrated Deppen spends the next few minutes carefully working over Aramis’ left leg with kicks, stomps and rope attacks on the limbs. As Aramis limps around and tries to avoid the attacks, he opens himself up for a surprise enziguri that causes the crowd to gasp.

Deppen goes for a casual cover and counts along when Aramis manages a surprise kick out at the last milli-second! A frustrated Deppen sullenly glares at Aramis as the crowd cheers his tenacity.

That round of cheers is quickly extinguished when Deppen gets a running start and flattens Aramis with a running two-footed stomp in the center of the ring. Deppen quickly drops to the mat and arrogantly pins Aramis for an easy win.

Winner- Tony Deppen via pinfall (7:22 )

As the announcers go through a review of the ending and praise Deppen’s showing, Deppen finds the closest television and openly challenges Lince Dorado to a rematch.

Tony Deppen- “ This disrespect will STOP! You hear that, Lince Dorado? You picked up a fluke victory. Give me a rematch and show me you are really as good as they say. I DARE you.

JEWJ32nm.jpg

tBbH2Utm.jpg

7oUP1RJt.jpg
rUj8Fonm.jpg

Ivellisse enters Dario Cueto’s office, startling him behind his desk. She marches directly up to the desk and slams both hands on it before leaning forward and confronting Lucha Underground’s promoter.

Ivelisse- “ Understand this, Dario. We had a deal. Part of that deal was a heads up when that BITCH decides sh-

Before she can say another word, Dario rears back and snaps her head around with an opened face slap!

Dario Cueto (standing in rage) - “ WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

Ivelisse clutches her cheek and takes a step back. Without backing down she stares back defiantly.

Ivellisse- “ WE had a deal? Do you remember? I sure as hell do.

Dario takes a deep breath and gathers his composure before sitting back down.

Dario Cueto- “ I have done my best, but we have both put ourselves in a situation where we do not control. She is coming, Ivelisse. There is nothing more I can do. She owns me. Do you understand this? This Temple, this operation, …. Everything. It goes beyond money at this point.

Ivelisse- “ Wait. What does that mean? I get that you are in her debt-

Dario cuts her off again as he opens three buttons of his shirt and shows her his chest. A tattooed black square covers the space over his heart. An obsidian stone, held by a chain around his neck rests just under his chest.

Dario Cueto- “ Everything. I wish you luck. Now go.

Ivelisse bites her lip and walks out as Dario stares out blankly.

JEWJ32nm.jpg

The lights drop in the Temple and a bright red spot light suddenly blooms in front of the stairs leading to the ring. After a few eerie seconds WHYnDM ambles into the light and eerily points his walking cane out across arena as the crowd buzzes in excitement.The lights raise as suddenly as they were extinguished revealing Flamita and El Gronda on WHYnDm’s left and right!

cbok2I2m.jpg
ARsrUqHm.jpg
whPFseIm.jpg

Matt Striker- “ This demonic trio made their presence felt last week. Two men were sent to the hospital. Gringo Loco himself was almost sent to the hospital. The arrival of WHYnDM has drenched the Temple in blood.

Don Callis- “ A little bit squeamish are we? The Temple is FOUNDED on blood. This man and his coterie is just another red chapter in its fabled history, Matthew.

Vampiro- “ While I agree with most of that… I think this man is a different animal, all together. Believe me, I personally added to this places history, ok? WHYnDM and The Devil Makes Three take darkness to another level.

The trio skulk down to the ring and play to the crowd at ringside before Flamita vaults over the top rope and mounts the top rope. Flamita stares down at WHYnDm as he extends his arms menacingly for the crowd.

The mood of the Temple changes immediately when Gringo Loco appears at the top of the runway. Emerging from the locker room, the fan favorite holds up two fists to acknowledge the crowd. They roar at the gesture, the memory of him inserting himself in last week’s main event giving his reaction even more juice.

k2q8PJXm.jpg

Peering down to ringside, Gringo Loco dramatically flips back the hood of his ring jacket and slowly removes his trademark sunglasses. Taking stock of the situation, Gringo Loco makes his way to ringside with a serious look of concern etched across his face. WHYnDM smiles as Gronda leers at Gringo Loco as he passes the pair on the way to the ring.

Gringo Loco brushes off the encounter and rolls under the bottom rope before finding himself nose to nose with Flamita in the center of the ring as he rises to his feet. The gesture surprises Gringo Loco initially, but he soon leans into it and begins trading insults with his masked opponent.

Flamita backs away sheepishly as WHYnDM and El Gronda move to opposite turnbuckles on the floor to subtly flank Gringo Loco on three sides. As Gringo Loco marches toward Flamita baiting him, he catches El Gronda out of the corner of his eye and halts in the center of the ring. WHYnDM leers from ringside as Flamita cackles in the ring.

Don Callis- “ This is why you mind your own business. Before you two blubber on about how unfair this is… Let’s remember he put HIMSELF in this situation for ALBERTO EL PATRON of all people.

Matt Striker- “ I think Gringo Loco was just returning the respect that Alberto has been giving him. Like it or not, Dario Cueto has been less than fair to Alberto since his return to th-.

Don Callis- “ Many would say Alberto has earned every bit of the scorn he has received here, Matthew. Quite frankly, he’s lucky to be given work.

Vampiro- “ I hate to agree with BOTH of you, but you both make great points.

As the match begins, Gringo Loco backs way to his own corner and points at both El Gronda and WHYnDM to acknowledge their presence at ringside. All three devils laugh at the gesture. As they do, the crowd begins to mill in excitement. From the door near Dario’s office, ALBERTO El PATRON enters the Temple!

QYCo0VKm.jpg

His ribs heavily taped and his face dotted with a butterfly bandage near his left eyebrow, Alberto limps to the ring with a folding chair in his right hand! He points at WHYnDM in warning and stands firmly in Gringo Loco’s corner!

Matt Striker- “ Speak of the devil and he arrives!. “

Don Callis- “ Thats a very poor analogy, Matthew. In light of the circumstances…. “

Vampiro- “ Say what you will, a beat up Alberto El Patron swinging a steel chair evens up the odds a bit.

k2q8PJXs.jpg
cbok2I2s.jpg
Gringo Loco
vs.
Demonic El Flamita

Th match begins and both luchadores circle one another for a few moments before both sprinting into the opposite ropes and rebounding into one another. Both men smack into one another at full force, but neither man looks any worse for wear. Glaring at each other for a few tense seconds, Flamita curses and sprints into the ropes again as Gringo Loco stands tall in the center of the ring.

Flamita sprints into Gringo Loco with all of his momentum, but bounces off the larger man this time. The crowd cheers slightly as both mental trash in harsh tones to one another. Flamita gestures for Gringo Loco to sprint into the ropes and try it himself.

Gringo Loco scoffs and charges into the ropes with full force and comes barreling into Flamita with all of his momentum, but his masked opponent drops to his stomach and allows Gringo Loco to charge over him and into the opposite ropes. As Gringo Loco rebounds off the ropes a second time, Flamita throws a back kick that lands solidly on Gringo Loco’s beltline!

Gringo Loco crumbles to the mat in pain as Gringo Loco arrogantly plays to the crowd before casually stepping on and walking over Gringo Loco’s prone form. The crowd voices their collective scorn as Flamita smiles and takes it all in. Flamita gets a running start a clocks Gringo Loco in the side of the head with a running boot and quickly follows up with several hard stomps and kicks to Gringo Loco’s body and head.

Flamita spends the next few minutes keeping Gringo Loco on is back with a methodical heel tactics like foot chokes, using the ring ropes to attack his opponent’s head, face and ankle, eye pokes and well placed strikes. Throughout the onslaught, Flamita arrogantly goads his opponent and the Temple’s faithful. At ringside, Gronda rejoins WHYnDM and both men eagerly stare at Alberto El Patron in the opposite corner.

Gringo Loco manages to absorb the damage and seizes an opportunity when he reverses a Flamita whip attempt and surprises everyone with lariat that floors both men!

Matt Striker- “ I think this is where Gringo Loco will be at a huge disadvantage after the damage he took in last week’s main event. It adds up. There is no way he was anywhere close to 100 percent coming into this match.

Don Callis- “ Damage that he inflicted upon himself.

Vampiro- “ Gringo Loco is the type of guy that pushes through pain. Believe me guys, I know a fellow masochist when I see one. “

Don Callis- “ What in the blue hell are you talking about, man? “

Gringo Loco forces himself to his feet as the The Temple and Alberto El Patron cheer on his efforts. Gringo makes his way to the ropes and waits for a groggy Flamita to stumble to his feet before clotheslining him again. As Flamits lands on the mat, Gringo Loco uses his forward momentum to ring to the opposite turnbuckle. In one quick motion the husky wrestler nimbly bounces up the ropes to the top turnbuckle and executes a moonsault that shakes the ring and smashes Flamita! The referee counts two before Flamita kicks out strongly.

Gringo Loco is visibly frustrated as he slaps the mat, but he quickly stands and walks to a corner to compose himself. As he does, he walks in front of WHYnDM and is startled by the shadowy figure and Gronda. WHYnDM cackles at his discomfort, but Gringo Loco quickly recovers and angrily knife-hand chops Flamita back to the mat as he attempts to stand! The crowd pops as Gringo Loco turns around and begins shouting insults at WHYnDM!

The commentators speculate on if that will lead to something more sinister later as Gringo Loco expertly uses a variety of offensive strategies to punish Flamita. The large man bounces Flamita with a hiptoss/driver, a overhead release suplex and running senton that knocks the window out of Flamita and sends him rolling under the bottom rope in pain.

As Flamita stands on the ring apron and uses the ropes to steady himself, Gringo Loco charges and dives through the middle rope to SPEAR Flamita into the Temple floor! The crowds chant of “HOLY SHIT” echos out as both men lie on the Temple’s floor. As WHYnDM and El Gronda round the turnbuckel to get to the fallen pair, they find Alberto El Patron standing over them with that folding chair held firmly in both hands!

WHYnDm holds his hand up and El Gronda freezes in place; his muscles quivering and flexing in anticipation!

Vampiro- “ Things are getting dark and very tense here in the Temple.

Matt Striker- “ This is a man that slings fire, Vamp. To say tense is, quite frankly, an understatement.

Don Callis- “ WHYnDM doesn’t look tense at all. He’s smiling. Look at him.

Vampiro- “ That isn’t what I would call a ‘warm’ smile.

Don Callis- “ He throws fire. I guess there is that.

Gringo Loco begins brawling with Flamita, but takes a low knee that lays him low. Flamita quickly takes advantage of the situation and slams Gringo Loco’s skull on to the Temple’s floor. Flamita takes a few moments to catch his breath before roughly dragging Gringo Loco to his feet and throwing him under the bottom rope by his hair.

Flamita enters the ring and bounces off the ropes to flatten Gringo Loco with running boot! He goes for the cover with a grin etched on his face. A smile that quickly vanishes when Gringo Loco suddenly kicks out! The Temple cheers at the wrestler’s show of heart as Demonic Flamita argues with the referee.

A very frustrated Flamita grabs a handful of Gringo Loco’s hair and painfully pulls it as he drags the side of Gringo’s face across the ring rope and then roughly rams his head in the top turnbuckle! Gringo Loco absorbs a upper forearm smash that raises Gringo Loco off his feet and leaves him leaning heavily into the corner to stay on his feet. Demonic Flamita expertly scoops Gringo Loco up and slams him into the corner. Despite the referee’s best efforts to stop him, Flamita wrenches Gringo Locos feet under the top turnbuckle…trapping him in the Tree of Woe!

Matt Striker- “ We have seen this before in matches across North America. This is not good for Gringo Loco!

Vampiro- “ This manuever has ended careers.

Demonic Flamita gets running start and expertly executes a basement dropkick to his helpless opponent. The crowd gasps at the impact as Gringo Loco’s upper torso absorbs all of Flamita’s momentum and power. The crowd gasps as WHYnDM loudly applauds from ringside. As Flamita rises to his feet and begins to dislodge Gringo Loco’s foot from the turnbuckle, WHYnDM yells for him to stop; much to the announcer’s surprise.

The camera pans to WHYnDM who excitedly motions for Flamiata to perform the manuever again! The crowd groans as Flamita holds his arms out wide, closes his eyes and soaks in their apprehension. The announcers build how dangerous the situation is becoming as the camrea shows a shot of Alberto El Patron in the opposite corner shouting encouragement to his friend with a worried look on his face.

As Flamita saunters towards Alberto with an evil grin on his face, Gringo Loco painfully begins stirring. He strains and ultimately uses his fingertips to grip the bottom rope and slowly pull himself up. The crowd cheers as Gringo Loco manages to pry his foot free and tumble to the mat. Flamita notices the crowds mood change and turns around to find Gringo Loco tumble to the mat.

Flamita rushes forward,but is surprised when Gringo Loco drives under and flips the charging luchadore by using his momentum to send Flamita flipping back first into the corner! Flamita bounces off the turnbuckles and lands awkwardly on his neck and shoulders as Alberto cheers on from ringside.

The commentary team buzzes about the damage both men have taken thus far as Alberto and WHYnDM roughly cheer their allies in the ring. Gringo Loco causes the Temple to stir as he painfully rolls to his stomach and slowly begins using his arms to drag himself to the bottom rope.

Flamita finds himself nose to nose with a raging WHYnDM who screams with such an intinsity that spittle flies out of his mouth and catches in his beard. Flamita briefly recoils, but clumsily uses the ropes to unsteadily climb to his feet.

Flamita recklessly runs toward Gringo Loco as he stumbles ot his feet and unsteadily waits in the ring with his fists up. Flamita attempts a running superman punch, but Gringo Loco manages to slip under Flamita as he leaves his feet and turn the attempt into a surprise sit-out armdrag! The impact shakes the ring as both men land on the mat awkwardly.

( The commentary team blow off the blown spot as the camera shifts to a shot of Alberto El Patron cheering.)

The Temple cheers as Gringo Loco leans across the stunned Flamita and weakly grabs his leg as he covers him with his lower half. The official counts 1…2…3!!!!

Winner- Gringo Loco via pinfall
(8:03 )

Alberto slides under the bottom rope with his chair at the ready as Gringo Loco weary rolls off Flamita and lies on the mat in exhaustion. As he does, the referee carefully rolls Flamita under the bottom rope where his is roughly retrieved by Gronda. The hulking devil casually throws the defeated luchadore over his shoulder and angrily glares into the ring as he walks back to a stoic WHYnDM.

The segment ends when Alberto helps Gringo Loco to his feet and raises his arm in victory! The crowds initial cheers are doubled when the referee joins in and declares Gringo Loco the official winner. The camera cuts to a very calm WHYnDM casually shrugging and nodding as he gathers his cane and follows Gronda out of the Temple.

JEWJ32nm.jpg

In the dressing room, Tony Deppen is speaking to Dax Hardwood and Cash Wheeler. It is obvious that Deppen is agitated and a wary FTR listens as he rages in front of them.

2FQrSEmm.jpg

VVkEddMm.jpg
STPI0R7m.jpg

Tony Deppen- “ It's total bullshit! I’m telling you. He gets one fluke victory and all I’m asking for is a rematch. Why is Dario protecting him? Why wouldn’t he want to shut me up? I just feel its a blatant act of cowardice. Isn’t this place about violence and-

Cash Wheeler- “ Easy, Tony. Damn, dude. You gotta calm down.

Dax Hardwood- “ Yeah, man. Just give Dario time. It’ll get sorted.

Deppen back up in annoyance. He stares incredulously at the pair.

Toney Deppen- “ Who the hell do you two think you are? Let me explain it to you two REALLY slow you can understand it. You see-

A deep voice from off screen interrupts the enraged wrestler.

????- “ Maybe you just be quiet and take hint? I’m just saying?

Deppen spins around in a fury.

Tony Deppen- “ WHO THE HELL ASKED YOU?

kSsio1om.jpg

As he does, O’Shay Edwards steps into the shot. The massive man dwarfs Deppen as he steps forward. Hardwood and Wheeler back away uneasily as Deppen looks up at the massive man in front of him.

Toney Deppen- “ Like I was saying…. WHO ASKED YOU?

O’Shay Edwards shrugs before cracking his knuckles and squaring up on the man in front of him.

O’Shay Edwards- “ Just so you know, he took a match with ME next week. You got something to say about that?

Tony Deppen stammers in frustration before glancing at FTR for an answer. The pair both give each other confused looks and shrug before looking back at Deppen and shaking their heads. A frustrated Deppen stroms past Edwards in fury; leaving the trio standing there in an uneasy silence.

After a few tense seconds, Edwards holds up two fingers at the pair and walks out of the shot.

JEWJ32nm.jpg

rUj8Fonm.jpg

Ivelisse burst out of the locker room and into the Temple with a determined look on her face. The Temple burst into applause, but it seems to snap Ivelisse out of her panic. She gathers herself and marches to the ring with an angry look etched on her face.

Vampiro- “ What in the hell is going on? Seriously…. What in the (censored) is going on?

Don Callis- “This goes back a long way. Ivelisse has made some very powerful enemies. She has some things she’s going to have to pay for..

Matt Striker- “ What do you mean by that? We know you know something, Don.

Don Callis- “ My benefactor has chosen to remain anonymous at this time. That does not mean Ivelisse doesn’t have a debt. That is all I’ll say for now.

erlD8bim.jpg

Tessa Blanchard appears at the top of the entrance ramp as Ivelisse arrives at ringside. Rather than enter the ring, she choose to stand at the end of the entrance ramp with her arms crossed across her chest!

The crowd pops as the referee rushes out of the ring and pleads for the Queen of the Road to enter the ring. At the top of the stares, Tessa Blanchard taunts her opponent. She points down arrogantly and hurls a few choice insults. Ivelisse fires off a retort before the referee manages to pull his towards the ring.

Tessa Blanchard comes down to a mixed reaction, but wears a confident smirk as she watches Ivelisse slide under the bottom rope. Blanchard takes her time and draws out the moment as she stares out into the Temple’s audience and smirks confidently.

Matt Striker- “ This woman does not have the best reputation in this industry. Lets just get that out of the way.

Vampiro- “ If there is a way to be unprofessional, Tessa Blanchard has done it. No-showed multiple times, abusive backstage acts, diva behavior…. I mean you name it-

Don Callis- “Let’s not forget she can go. I mean, lets not dirt sheet headlines get in the way of the facts, right?

Matt Striker- “ Get out of here with that! The last few weeks you’ve been questioning Alberto El Patron and his reputation and now-.

Don Callis- “ AND now I’m balancing out our coverage of her as she debuts in the Temple tonight. Yeah, she has had some rough years, but she is a stone-cold killer. You got that? She beat Ivelisse’s old abusive boyfriend like a drum for Impact’s championship! Do you remember that? I know him as Sammi Callighan. He had some bad fight name, but you know who I’m talking about.

Vampiro- “ If there is a way to be unprofessional, Tessa Blanchard has done it. No-showed multiple times, abusive backstage acts, diva behavior…. I mean you name iThe championship she abandoned right?

Don Callis- “Things happen in this business. You both know that.

rUj8Fons.jpg
erlD8bis.jpg
Ivelisse
vs.
Tessa Blanchard

Tessa Blanchard enters the ring and quickly gets nose to nose with Ivelisse. The glare into one another's eyes with an intensity that bleeds out into the Temple. Neither woman says a word for a few seconds before Blanchard violently shoves Ivelisse with two hands.

Ivelisse is pushed back a few steps before angrily throwing a stiff forearm shot to Blanchard’s skull in retaliation. Blanchard absorbs the blow and fires back. The two women tear into one another; trading blows at a furious pace.

The brawl is quickly ended when Ivelisse manages to secure a wrist lock and use it transition into a falling armdrag that whips Blanchard roughly across the ring. As she stands, Ivelisse flips her again with a more traditional arm drag variety. Blanchard stands up and quickly leans into the ropes to collect herself, but Ivelisse performs a perfect springboard arm drag that sends her to the mat again!

Blanchard quickly rolls under the bottom rope and angrily retreats to the floor; much to the crowd’s delight. As she does, Ivelisse remains focussed and ready inside the ring. Blanchard checks her lip and glares at Ivelisse as she stares down from ringside.

Blanchard reenters the ring and quickly retakes the center of the ring before locking up with a determined Ivelisse. The pair jockey for position before Blnachard transitions to a wrist lock. Ivelisse struggles for a second before reversing the hold. Blanachard attempts a transition , but Ivelisse reverses her grip and pulls Tessa into a back kick that floors the former champion! The Temple roars its approval as Ivelisse contemptuously stands over Blanchard and angrily orders her to get back on her feet!

Matt Striker- “ The baddest bitch in the Lucha Underground locker room is not one to back down; I do not care who it is. She is someone that can hold her own.

Vampiro- “ Without a doubt, Matt. If anything, I think this matchup fired her up.

Don Callis- “I understand that. No one is saying Ivelisse isn’t a good worker. Now…do you think this match is anywhere close to being over? Come on now!

Matt Striker- “ Point taken, sir. Ivelisse has certainly been the aggressor thus far.

Blanchard rises and quickly closes the distance between the pair with an attempted punch that Ivelisse easily ducks under. Ivelisse fires a high kick that connects with Blanchard’s shoulder and sends her tumbling to the mat. Blanchard lands awkwardly and rolls towards the ropes, but Ivelisse is relentless and rushes forward to begin pummeling her with punches.

The referee moves in to separate the competitors and has to forcibly push Ivelisse away! The gesture temporarily distracts The Queen of the Road , who glares at the referee for half a second. Tessa Blanchard throws a stiff forearm that catches Ivelisse flush and knocks her on her back!!!!

The sequence shocks everyone in the building; including the announcers. Blanchard holds her arms out wide and arrogantly proclaims “ This is what I do! '' as the crowd begins to boo. As Striker rails against her arrogance, Blanchard uses a few pointed kicks to ensure Ivelisse is significantly hurt before taunting the audience again.

Blanchard spends the next few minutes of the match working over Ivelisse’s right arm and shoulder; frequently stomping and pinning it against the ropes and turnbuckle at awkward angles. The cumulative effect of the attacks making it harder for Ivelisse to defend herself from further damage.

Don Callis- “ This looks brutal and it is, but Ivelisse knows exactly WHY this is happening. This is NOT an attack, gentlemen. This is a reckoning. “

Vampiro- “According to you…. Don all this cryptic talk is unnecessary. Say what you mean or just be quiet, dude.

Don Callis- “ I do NOT reveal my sources, amigo. Sorry. I promise all of this will come to light very soon….maybe even tonight.

Blanchard’s brutal assault on Ivelisse’s arm continues as she pins her arm behind her back before body slamming her opponent. As Ivelisse screams out in pain, Tessa is relentless and quickly pins her injured arm to the mat with her heel before viscously stomping the exposed appendage.

Ivelisse sells the damage to her arm dramatically clutching it dramatically and rolling around in agony as Blanchard stares down at her with contempt. As Ivelisse attempts to crawl away, Blanchard attempts to apply a spinning cross-armbreaker, but Ivelisse manages to kick Blanchard away!

Blanchard flies through the middle and top rope and crashes on the floor in a heap! The Temple cheers as Ivelisse stands with her damaged arm hanging limply by her side! Ivelisse quickly evaluates the situation and clutches her arm to her side. As Blnachard slowly makes her way to her feet on The Temple’s floor, Ivelisse grits her teeth and shoots into the opposite ring ropes!

The camera perfectly captures Ivelisse rocketing head first through the top and middle rope and colliding into Tessa Blanchard as she turns around to face the ring! Both ladies go crashing to the Temple’s floor. Blanchard lies on her stomach; not moving. Ivelisse clutches her injured arm her chest as she lies on her side. Both ladies remain motionless for several tense seconds as the announcers talk about the physical toll the match is taking on both women.

The referee leaves the ring to check on both competitors, imploring both to reenter the ring. After neither woman responds to his request and remains on the ground, he re enters the ring and begins his count. The Temple gets invested as both men stir and try to rise to their feet at the “ TWELVE” count.

Despite the intense pain of her injured arm, Ivelisse manages to get upright an stumble under the bottom rope at the referee’s “ SIXTEEN” count. Shaking off an obvious concussion, Tessa Blanchard stands and makes it into the ring just before she is counted out!! As she tries to stand, Iveliesse rushes over and secures Blanchard in a quick small package roll up! 1…2…3!!!!!

Winner- Ivelisse via pinfall
(10:41)

Ivelisse rolls over to her side and grits her teeth in obvious pain as The Temple celebrates. As she does, the official leans down to check on Tessa Blanchard. Ivelisse stands unsteadily and hurls some intense insults at her downed opponent. The referee stands and raises her arm as paramedics slide under the bottom rope to attend to the downed Blanchard.

Experimenting with a new layout. Honestly, I'm not sure if I like it or not. This show was fun to write, but work really kept me from getting into it

Last edited: