LUCHA UNDERGROUND : Return of the Temple

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

White Rhyno

Reaction score
xmxIffPm.jpg

The camera pans across the neon skyline of Los Angles. The electric orange glow of street lights mixes with headlights to light up the massive urban sprawl. The camera angle suddenly zooms and breaks only to come back in a little closer.

(Ominous Horns/distoredt fog horn) BWauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuMah

Two silhouetted figures walk down a desolate sidewalk. One walks with the assistance of the cane and wears a bowler cap low across forehead. The other is a large man that wears a tailored suit. His stride is confident and wide as he seemingly ignores the man beside him struggling to keep up. They get to the end of the sidewalk and the end of the chain link fence that was on their right side as inches down the sidewalk. The pair turn into a parking lot of a large abandoned warehouse.

Both men make their way towards the front door as the camera slowly pans up towards a Billboard featuring the masked logo of Lucha Underground!

FzXw8mVm.png

(Mariachi Horns) Na Na Na Naaaaaaaaaa

QYCo0VKm.jpg
snp9agKm.jpg

Alberto Del Rio and Konnan cautiously enter an empty arena. Both men briefly make eye contact before surveying the room. The tense stare between the two is broken when Del Rio grins confidently. Konann shakes his head and rolls his eyes in disgust. Dust rests on everything from a staircase that flows steeply up to another level with closed rooms to the empty rows of seats on either side of the staircase. The industrial sized warehouse has been converted to an open area wrestling arena. The ring in the center bears a battered and dirty wrestling mat with the Lucha Underground on it. From the right of the room, an office door opens and out steps Dario Cueto.

7oUP1RJm.jpg

Dario Cueto (his arms held wide in a welcoming gesture) - “ Gentlemen, thank you for coming. "

Patron quickly steps forward and holds up a single finger that silences the smaller man. Cueto’s expression changes from confident and happy to confused and threatened. As Cuerto’s expression changes; so does Patron’s demeanor. The former world champion goes from threatening to calm in moments. He carefully smoothes Cueto’s jacket and mockingly sizes him up to ensure he looks good.

Alberto El Patron- “ Dario…Dario… why do you ask someone like me to come down here to this place? I mean, look at it. (staring in disgust at the state of the arena) I do not appreciate this.

Cuerto quickly takes an angry step back and glowers at Patron with narrowed eyes.Holding up his hand, he punctuates everything he says with sharp angry jabs.

Dario Cueto- “ Who do you think you are speaking too? Huh?

Patron backs up; obviously surprised by Cueto’s ferocity.

Dario Cueto- “ You still think you’re a big shot, Alberto? That’s very amusing to me. You see-

Cueto pauses and the masked figure of Matanza Cueto steps out of the shadows underneath the stadium seats and stands menacingly behind his brother.

C1MWdwPm.jpg

Dario Cueto - “ You see, you don’t work for big companies anymore. You’re damaged goods. At your best, you were one of the greatest luchadores to ever come out of Mexico. You came from a great family. You did amazing things. You won gold. You destroyed men.You ended careers!

Patron stares intensely at the angry promoter in front of him. His jaws tighten and he holds his hands loosely at his side, but his fingers twitch excitedly like he is prepared to spring into violence.

Dario Cueto (angrily leaning forward) - “ That's right! That’s right! You want to attack me, but let me remind you… no major promotion will HIRE YOUR ASS!!!!

Patron visually palls and takes a hesitant step back. He is still angry, but Cueto’s words have had some effect. As the mood heightens, Konann expertly steps between the pair and lowers his shades before speaking to Patron.

Konnan- “Relax. Lemme get this, ok?

Patron breaks eye contact with Cueto and looks at Konnan with a conflicted look on his face. Konnan places a reassuring hand on Patron’s shoulder and mumbles something that is inaudible. After a few tense seconds, Patron reluctantly nods and backs away.

Konnan- “ Dario… I think what Alberto is trying to ask is why would you bring us back here after all this time? I appreciate this trip down memory lane and all but what do you need? Lets cut to it.

Dario Cueto- “ Ahhhh Konnan. Impatient as always. Its one of the things I’ve always admired about you. While I understand your impatience, I wanted to make sure you two were the first people invited back to the temple. We will be opening soon and both of you are central in my vision for its new incarnation.”

Konnan raises an eyebrow. Patron scoffs and rolls his eyes.

Konnan- “ I don’t want to be a hater Dario, but I didn’t think you were in a position financially or legally to do that. Would you mind smartenning me up on your situation? I don’t want to call you a liar D, but you don’t have the stacks to make this happen.

Dario Cueto- “ When did I say it was MY money, Konnan? I’m not the one with an appetite for violence. There are others that will pay plenty to see it. Let’s just say I have a BENEFACTOR that came to me because I have a very unique set of skills. Skills that will allow her to see the VIOLENCE this temple can produce on an entirely new level. Believe me, I now have a benefactor with money to fulfill my vision for this place. It's a vision she shares.

As Cueto pines poetic about the temple and his money source, Alberto pushes past Konnan and gets directly in Cueto’s face. Matanza spring forward to attack, but his brother firmly holds up a fist; stopping the monster inches away from Patron. Muscles tense and eyes bulging through the mask, Matanza Cueto shakes in anticipation. Through it all, Patron never takes his eyes off Dario.

Alberto de Patron (in a low threatening tone)- “ You know Dario… everything you said is true. I’ve made a lot of mistakes. My name doesn’t carry the weight it used to. I get that. (sarcastic chuckle) Lets be honest though, all the stuff I’ve done pales in comparison to the reputation you and this gorilla beside you have acquired over the years. I made mistakes. You committed EVIL. I paid my dues, I’ve fought to restore my name and I’ve made amends with the people I’ve hurt. You and him?... You REVEL in the pain and destruction you’ve caused, you FLAUNTED the flaws of the justice system HERE and in MEXICO. You never felt sorry for your sins. You BRAGGED about them you son of a-

Konnan places a firm hand on the second generation luchadore's shoulder; quieting him.

Konnan- “ I think that's enough. This isn’t where you want to hash this out, hermano. It's bad business. Make him pay to get this. He doesn’t push your buttons, but you can let him write you checks. That's all I’m saying.

Patron turns and gets nose to nose with Konnan.

Alberto El Patron- “ I don’t remember ever asking your advice on anything, K-Dawg. (Patron sneers as he says it) To be honest, I’ve never liked you. You’ve always been arrogant and rude, in my opinion. What makes you think you have the right to inject yourself into MY business?

Konnan (never breaking eye contact with Patron)- “ Like the man said, where else can you go? I’d hate to see a world class athlete such as yourself blow his shot in that ring. Get this, Alberto. I don’t care what you do. Swing on him, I don’t give &@^# . You’re the one that's going to have to live with it.

Alberto El Patron- “ And what if I decide to swing on YOU instead? What are you gonna do?

uTObSSHm.jpg

Konnan in one quick motion pulls the chrome handle of his cane into Patron’s Adam’s Apple and grabs his hair with his free hand. The move surprises Patron, who is helpless and struggling to catch his breath.

Konnan- “Relax, Alberto. Seriously… we both know you can kick my ass. I just want to remind you that you won’t do it unscathed. Now…Listen to me. I don’t want you to kick my ass. I don’t want to be put in a position where I have to use every avenue I have to defend myself, but believe me on this…I WILL use every one if I have to go down with the ship. You got it?

Alberto nods uncomfortably and Konnan quickly releases the pressure and steps away. Alberto glares at Konnan and rubs his throat.

Konnan- “ I just don’t want to see you throw away your last shot. Thats all. We cool?

Alberto nods uncomfortably as he clears his throat and straightens himself up. Konnan looks him over carefully before redirecting his attention to the Cuetos.

Konnan- “Cut to it, Dario. Why are we here? Spit it or we bounce.

The promoter of Lucha Underground confidently stares at his brother for a few seconds before answering the question. He shakes his head confidently and smiles before bringing up both hands (clasped together) over his mouth. Gathering himself, Dario steps forward.

Dario Cueto- “ In one week, this temple reopens. Konnan send out the call to Mexico. A fighter can make a lot of money if he wants to venture into the underground. Every victory earns the victor a guaranteed ten thousand dollars. Losers get nothing. Violence… (staring at his brother briefly before turning hisattention back to the pair)... will be rewarded. What do you say?

Alberto and Konnan consider the offer for a moment. The tension is high as Dario beams confidently at them. The only sound is the angry breathing of Motonza Cueto.

Alberto El Patron- “ I’ll do it, but only if I get HIM (pointing at Motonza) FIRST ! ”

Dario Cueto (grinning arrogantly)- “Consider it done, mi amigo. My brother wouldn’t have it any other way. And what about you Konnan? Will you help bring the lambs to the slaughter or will you walk away and not allow all those young hungry luchadores you claim to influence a chance to make some money? Come now… shoot me straight.

Konnan stares at Dario for a few tense moments for nodding.

Dario Cueto- “Excellent, my friends. Put out the word out. The temple is open for business again. "

0F5FP1vm.png

The scene cuts out to the billboard in front of the building. The lights around the sign blink violently before turning red and bathing the logo in an eerie light.

(fade to black with low horns) Bwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwummmmmmm

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

The ScapeDubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Hey Rhyno, glad to see this is making the transition over. Was excited about it before and am very excited to see you'll be continuing it here.

Reactions: White Rhyno

Stojy

Reaction score
Ditto Dubb's comments above. Fun opening as we have the mystery benefactor already in play, and here's hoping Alberto gets squashed on show one. Loved the Lucha style as just something completely different for the wrestling business. Can only imagine this will be a heap of fun. Good luck mate.

Reactions: White Rhyno

White Rhyno

Reaction score
" Setting the Table"

xmxIffPm.jpg

Once again the camera pans across the neon skyline of Los Angles. The electric orange glow of street lights mixes with headlights to light up the massive urban sprawl. The camera angle suddenly zooms and breaks ; only to come back in a little closer. The distinct sound of helicopter blades moving away suddenly blasts as the scene shifts to a closer shot of a lone warehouse in Boyle Heights.

M80ibK1m.jpg

(Ominous Horns/distoredt fog horn)
BWauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuMah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adzhYFQm.jpg
Jo2VZSmm.jpg

Two familiar figures , Vampiro and Matt Striker, walk down the smokey and dimly lit hallways of The Temple. Both men move confidently through the hall as tense music sets the scene. A slight smokey fog is illuminated by each hall light as the pair make their way to a lone office door. Pausing for a few tense seconds, the pair make brief eye contact before Striker knocks on the door.

p612T79m.jpg

The door bursts open and the surprise figure of Don Callis emerges in the door frame. Striker and Vampiro both glance at each other with surprised looks on their faces. Callis smiles confidently and steps aside to usher them into the office. The familiar voice of DarioCueto cuts through the tension.

Dario Cueto - " MATT! VAMPIRO! Please, my friends, come in and join us! "

BWauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuMah!!!!!!!!!!!

9eFXJ0Zm.jpg

All three men sit across from Dario Cueto. Striker and Vampiro both look uncomfortable and cast puzzled looks at Cueto. To their right, Callis smiles confidently at the pair, but remains silent. Cueto grins confidently and motions towards the decanter on his desk; offering the pair a drink. Both men curtly shake their heads "No".

7oUP1RJm.jpg

Dario Cueto (making himself a drink) - “ Gentlemen, thank you for coming. As you have heard, The Temple is back open for business. Because of this, I have need of your services once again. I assume both of you received your new contracts? That is why you here is it not? "

Vampiro-Dario, I appreciate this. I truly do. I'd love to come back to The Temple, but why all of this? And what is he doing here?

Cuerto chuckles before taking a sip of his newly made drink.

Dario Cueto-Ah Vampiro! Always going straight to the point. Thats why I need you on our commentary team. While I agree the way I contacted you and your partner with my offer was both sudden and unorthidox-

Matt Striker (obviously disgusted)- “ I was at church at my Godson's christening!

Cueto pauses for a second to aknowledge Striker's point and take another sip from his glass.

Dario Cueto (nodding)- “ As I was saying... Despite the suddenness of my offer, I can assure the numbers under the word 'SALARY' are quite legitimate. It was more than you were making before, is it not?

Striker and Vampiro both nod uncomfortably. Cueto smiles broadly and continues.

Dario Cueto (eagerly leaning forward) - “ Good... you see that extra money comes with a condition . My new patroness has insisted we spruce up the commentary booth with somebody from her organization. Gentlemen, allow me to introduce Mr. Don Callis.

Callis smiles broadly and holds his arms out wide at the announcement. Striker and Vampiro stare at him warily, but he seems intent on starting out positively.

Don Callis - “I'm REALLY looking forward to you guys working with me. I've wanted to step in and mentor both of you for YEARS. I'm a big fan of your work and think I can help take it to the next level.

Striker's eyes narrow as he takes in what was just spoken. Vampiro stares down in disgust but manages to keep his composure.

Vampiro (almost mumbling into his chest)- “ Dario… are you serious? “

Dario Cueto- “ I'm always serious when it comes to money and violence. I thought you knew this?

Striker raises an eyebrow. Vampiro scoffs and rolls his eyes.

Matt Striker- “ I don’t want to be negative Dario, but Vampiro have worked years to develope our chemistry. I don't see how-

Don Callis- “ Let me stop both of you right there. I don't want to get off on the wrong foot. You see, my boss, insisted on this. If you want that new big salary... you're gonna have to play ball.

Dario stands and holds both hands out apologetically.

Dario Cueto (in neutral tone)- " This isn't a punishment, mi amigos. Mr. Callis is a world renown announcer. He's worked for the same companies you've worked for. While it may be awkward at first, I see this becoming great. A new voice for a new temple. What do you say?

Vampiro glances over at Striker with a blank expression. Striker looks uncomfortable, but weakly nods his head. After a few seconds of contemplation, Vampiro joins him and sadly nods too.

Matt Sriker- “ We can try it out, Dario.

Cueto nods confidently at Callis

Dario Cueto - “ Believe me. You made the right choice. This will be good for everyone.

ql8juYNm.jpg

Don Callis (putting his feet up on the edge of Cueto's desk and placing his hands behind his head as he leans back in his seat )- “ It better be for the price she's paying these two. Like I said before... I'm looking forward to mentoring both of you. This is going to be a huge opportunity for both of you. I can't wait.

Cueto's eyes widen for a moment as he glances at Callis' feet. His jaw tightens for a second before he takes another sip of his drink and looks back at his original commentary team.

Dario Cueto- “ In three days, this temple reopens. I look forward to seeing all three of you gentlemen at the debut. Now if there is nothing else-

Cueto motions to the door. All three men look at one another uncertainly before rising and filing out one by one. As the door closes, Cueto leans back into his chair and savors his drink for a few silent moments

Dario Cueto (grinning arrogantly)- “ Soon. Very soon. "

BWauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuMah!!!!!!!!!

0F5FP1vm.png

The scene cuts out to the billboard in front of the building. The lights around the sign blink violently before turning red and bathing the logo in an eerie light.

(fade to black with low horns) Bwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwummmmmmm

ROSTER

snp9agKm.jpg
7oUP1RJm.jpg
QYCo0VKm.jpg
C1MWdwPm.jpg
Konnan
(manager)
Dario Cueto
(promoter)
Alberto El PatronMatanza Cueto
Jo2VZSmm.jpg
adzhYFQm.jpg
p612T79m.jpg
WKAZV4Jt.jpg
Vampiro
(announcer)
Matt Striker
(announcer)
Don Callis
(executive consultant)
To Be Announced

Stojy

Reaction score
Loving these segments to introduce this roster. The arrogance of Callis is immediately notes and enjoyed. Dario having to deal with Callis because of the cash coming in is a nice angle, so I really enjoyed that moment when Callis' feet were on the desk. Vampiro and Striker pushing back initially makes sense, but I guess money talks. LOL at Striker being approached at his god sons christening too, Dario ain't no joke.

Another well written piece here, loving these so far. Hoping to see more of these for the rest of the roster reveal to be honest, really enjoyable stuff.

Gambit

Reaction score
You’ve got Callis down Pat. I’m curious to know who Dario is working with.

White Rhyno

Reaction score
2kicNRWm.jpg

73cEF3nm.jpg

" WE WANT LUCHA !!!! (clap, clap, clap) WE WANT LUCHA!!!!

adzhYFQm.jpg

Jo2VZSmm.jpg

p612T79m.jpg

Matt Striker
- “ Welcome back to The Temple! Greetings and salutations, I'm Matt Striker al-.

Don Callis - “ Along side, myself....the wrestling genius... Don Callis and OUR partner, Lucha Underground legend...VAMPIRO!

Vampiro(caught off guard)- “ Thanks? "

Don Callis - “ Bear with him, folks! First show jitters. WE have an amazing show tonight and we're going to get right to it, but first .....(in a nonchalant voice)
introduce the band, Matthew.

Matt Striker- (after a quick uncomfortable chuckle). “ Tonight the boys of FIGURE FOUR will be rocking The Temple, Don. The fol-

Don Callis (talking over Striker)- “ Great job, Matt ! Welcome back to the Temple, believers! .

" CHIPS ON SHOULDERS "

tBbH2Utm.jpg

7oUP1RJm.jpg

Dario Cueto sits behind his desk with an inquisitive look on his face. As a pale orange light leaks in from the windows above his head, Cueto carefully takes the high ball glass in front him and swirls the brown liquid in the bottom of the glass. He takes a sip and squints his eyes in appreciation before refocusing his gaze on the man across from him.

Dario Cueto - “ I appreciate you answering the call and coming here to my temple, Mr. Deppen. I've seen your matches, and I must say… I'm happy you are here. You seem to have the proper…how do you say it….uuuu….CHIP on your shoulder. ”

2FQrSEmm.jpg

The camera flips over to the man sitting across from Lucha Underground's matchmaker. Tony Deppen wears an annoyed look on his face; despite nodding in agreement with the man across the desk from him. He leans back in his seat with his arms crossed tightly across his chest. He stares intently at Cueto for a few awkward moments. Cueto waits for Deppen to speak, but quietly shrugs and takes another sip of his drink. After a few tense seconds, Cueto places the glass carefully down on his desk and leans forward to address Deppen.

Dario Cueto (grinning broadly) - “ You're a man of few words. I like that. You’re a quiet professional WITH a chip on his shoulder, ehhh?

Deppen squares himself and sits up straighter.

Tony Deppen - “ A chip on my shoulder? I’m not sure about that. I'm a professional. I want to get paid well for what I can do in a wrestling ring. It seems you have an opening and I'm MORE than available to grab the money you’re offering, Dario. "

Dario Cueto (shrugging and holding his hands up apologetically) - “ My mistake. Maybe I misread the situation. I can offer you payday, of course…. I just assumed you were here to gain something more.

Cueto trails out absently as Deppen leans in and places both of his hands on his desk before speaking.

Tony Deppen- “ I’m not falling for it, Dario. People have used all sort of reasons to keep me from getting more money. You think you're the first one to play to my pride? You think you can TRICK me or something? Really?

Dario Cueto (getting annoyed ) - “ Fine. ( uncomfortable silence as he glares at Deppen) I tell you what I've got the perfect opportunity for you to earn ten grand. How does that sound?

Deppen- “ I've already established that. Who do I have to beat to earn that?

Cueto picks up the phone on his desk and pushes a button.

Dario Cueto - “ I’m glad you asked. Yes?....(silence as Cueto listens for a few seconds) Good. Send him in.

He places the receiver back on the handle and smirks knowingly at Deppen. The door behind Deppen swings openly and loudly smacks against the wall. A serious Chavo Guerrero saunters into the room. He calmly runs his hand through his mustache and goatee with his palm and gives Dario Cuerto his most plastic fake smile. Cuerto motions for him to take the chair beside Deppen.

ayi9EDAm.jpg

Chavo Guerrero (smiling broadly at Deppen as he casually plops down in the chair) - “Hey. What’s up kid? You all right?

Deppen flushes at Chavo being friendly and visually looks surprised. He fidgets for a few seconds before finally glaring at Cueto and nodding his head defiantly.

Tony Deppen- “ I don't have a problem beating HIM for ten grand. If you think you can just wheel in a stunt coordinator SLASH the weakest member of the Guerrero family and throw me off my game.. BOTH of you have lost your damned minds.

Cueto chuckles at Deppen’s outburst and raises his eyebrows as he stares at Chavo Guerrero. Guerro rolls his eyes and begins chuckling as if Deppen’s were meant in jest. Deppen stares indignantly at both men; his gaze flitting from one man to the other in frustration and annoyance.

Dario Cueto- “ I LOVE this guy. You see Chavito… you were just like him when I debuted this temple over a decade ago. Do you remember?

Chavo’s grin vanishes slowly as he realizes that Cueto is referencing his first loss in Lucha Underground. Deppen seems confused, but stares intently at Cueto as he continues.

Dario Cueto- “ I remember, Chavito. You sat right there in that same chair and grinned when I told you that you’d be facing Blue Demon Jr in the opening match all those years ago. So confident…so excitedÂ…so….arrogant.

Cueto takes a sip of his drink and smiles as Chavo leans forward and begins to glare at him intently.

Dario Cueto - “ And you lost. In fact, you didn't just lose…you gave up. You quit. Isn’t that right? “

Chavo looks away from the two men beside him; obviously annoyed and embarrassed. He spends a few moments collecting himself before cooly answering Cueto.

Chavo Guerrero - “ Yeah. I gave up, but I think you’re forgetting something…. I went on to win my next FOUR matches and qualify for Ultimate Lucha. You forgot that I sent Blue Demon Jr. to the hospital two weeks later! " (Chavo catches himself and takes a deep breath to reign in his emotions. He closes his eyes and seems to calm himself before speaking again.) “ I'm sorry. To answer your question, I did give up that night. Yes, that's what happened.

Dario Cueto (smiles knowingly at Chavo before staring at Deppen) - “ You see? Having a chip isn't a bad thing for business. Get over yourself and use it OR let it eat you up. I don’t care either way. I just need you to give me a good match Mr. Deppen. Do we have an understanding?

Tony Deppen looks at both men with an expression of annoyance, bewilderment and disgust before suddenly standing and quickly making his way to the door. As he blows by Chavo …

Tony Deppen- “ Just have my money ready after the match okay?

Cueto chuckles at Deppen’s discomfort and openly laughs as he runs out of the office. Chavo begins to laugh along, but Cueto gives him a withering look.

Dario Cueto- “ I’m glad you think this is funny, Chavito. Understand me … you were not invited back to be a nostalgia act. You are a ruthless bastard that will do what needs to be done to collect a paycheck. That type of attitude has always served The Temple well. It doesn't mean I like you. Now…GET OUT.

He flicks his head towards the door and cradles his glass in both hands before taking another sip. As he appreciates the flavor, Lucha Underground's matchmaker leans back comfortably in his chair. Chavo glowers at the promoter darkly before silently standing and sauntering out of the office.

2FQrSEmm.jpg
2kicNRWt.jpg
ayi9EDAm.jpg
vs.
Tony Deppen
Chavo Guerrero

Both men circle each other with a paulible intensity before violently locking up in the collar and elbow tie up. Both men strain against one another before Chavo uses a modified grip to slide Deppen’s arms into a standing arm lock. Deppen grunts in pain and Chavo expertly uses his leverage to bridge Deppen’s back uncomfortably backwards. As Deppen strains, Chavo beams at the camera and winks.

Matt Striker - “ The ever confident Chavo once again walking the walk as he talks the talk.

Vampiro - “ I don’t think thats the way that goes, Matt.

Matt Striker - “ Whatever, I think it was close to enough. If you don’t get my statement; you get my meaning. Chavo is a very smug luchadore.

Vampiro - “ Why didn’t you just say that? He's a bastard. No doubt.

Don Callis - “ Hey! Striker, after this broadcast I’m going to need you to take a drug test WITH cause. Your English is as confusing as your Spanish. At this point, we’ve got to start eliminating possibilities.

Vampiro - “ Hold up, Don-

Don Callis (continuing on and barreling through Vampiro’s protest) - “ Vampiro… read this.

Callis casually shows Vampiro the face of his phone. Vampiro reads the contents and the broadcast goes dead air for a few tense seconds. As the audience is left to ponder what is happening off screen, Deppen manages to power back up to the standing position and wrestle his way through Chavo’s defense to a standing side headlock.

Matt Striker (unsteadily) - “ Tony Deppen showing is wrestling prowess by outwrestling a veteran luchador like Chavo Guerrero….

As Matt Striker calls the action, Vampiro remains mysteriously silent. Don Callis fills the void with his own brand of color commentary that is overly critical of both competitors, puts himself over and frequently comments on Striker's calls and observations in a condescending tone. Vampiro’s silence becomes more pronounced as Striker frequently opens spots for his opinion to only be met with more silence.

Inside the ring, Chavo’s tricks and over-confidence are frequently thwarted by Deppen’s savvy and grappling. The match plays out with Chavo being the aggressor, but Deppen countering every offensive with his superior grappling and ring generalship. Deppen always seems to be a step ahead of his veteran opponent, but nothing he does ever threatens to put away the second generation luchador.

Deppen takes control of the match when he sidesteps a short-arm clothesline attempt and drops to the mat with a low kick that takes Chavo’s leg out from under him. The severely unbalanced Chavo lands roughly to the mat and lifelessly lies under the bottom rope for a few uneasy seconds.

The referee manages to push Deppen away to a neutral corner to check on Chavo. Chavo numbly stirs on the mat and weakly attempts to shake his head as he rises to one elbow.

The referee, Marty Elias, is quickly by Chavo’s side and asks him some very pointed questions as he asertanes the wrestler’s faculties. Guerrero immediately recognizes what is going on and urgently assures the official that “ He is fine”. Elias skeptically nods and backs away, but as he does Deppen pushes by him and continues his assault.

Matt Striker - “ I understand The Temple is all about violence, but it looks like Chavo is on unsteady ground. “

Vampiro (from out of nowhere in an emotionless voice) - “ He’s out, Matt.

Don Callis (sarcaticaly)- “ Hey! Look who decided to finally start doing his job again!

The show goes uncomfortably dead for a few painful seconds. In the ring, Chavo is attempting to cover up and protect himself, but Deppen is having his way with the veteran. The match appears over when Deppen connects with a brutal knee trembler that sends Chavo face-first onto the mat.

Don Callis (his voice muffled / the microphone has been pulled away) - “ I tell you what Vampiro. You can read more texts and be fined a few more thousand dollars or you can do your damn job. Make up your mind !

Matt Striker - “ Deppen goes for the cover. ONE…TWO…NOOOOOO! I cannot believe it. Tony Deppen should have gotten a victory there. I can't believe Chavo kicked out. WHAT A SHOW OF HEART.

Vampiro (almost whispering in that same emotionless voice) - “ It’s not a show of heart. It's that chip on his shoulder……..(trailing off). “

Don Callis (obnoxiously) - “ Whatever it is. Kudos for this (in a dismissive tone) ring veteran for sucking it up to take more punishment. I tell you what though. This Deppen guy is showing something. What do you think of the chip on his shoulder, Vampiro? “

Vampiro (the same emotionless tone but in a normal volume of voice) - “ It will cost them both. Trust me. “

Callis laughs mockingly at Vampiro’s words as Striker pushes forward and continues to call the match as Deppen’s face breaks out in an evil grin as his confidence grows. A welt over Chavo’s left eye is growing larger and he is breathing heavily from his mouth. He still gamely fights on, but Deppen is easily avoiding and countering his offense.

The match is brought to an end when Chavo walks into a stiff springboard dropkick that almost takes Guerrero out of his boots. Deppen confidently covers the lifeless Chavo and stares awkwardly into the camera with a look that Deppens thinks portrays confidence but instead projects … weirdness?

Winner

2FQrSEm.jpg

Tony Deppen
via pinfall at 5:15

Matt Striker - “ I don’t know what that look means, but I know what that victory just earned Tony Deppen.

Vampiro - “ Ten thousand dollars is nothing to sneeze at.

Don Callis - “ I think we can all agree on that, for once. Tony Deppen showed me something tonight .

" START YOUR ENGINES "

StK1nh1m.jpg

rUj8Fonm.jpg

7oUP1RJm.jpg

A hard cut takes the audience to the Lucha Underground locker room. Ivelisse has one boot on the weight bench as she adjusts her laces. A long dark shadow enters the scene and causes the “Queen of the Road” to look up. The annoyance on her face is evident as she recognizes Dario Cueto as he strolls in with an oily smile painted across his face.

Dario Cueto- “ Ahhhhhhhh Ivelisse. You have no idea how excited I am to see that you have answered the call. I was hoping to see you again in this temple. How are you my dear?

Ivelisse (with a skeptical look ) - “ You know I couldn't say ‘no’, Dario. Whats your deal? I thought we had an understanding?

Cueto steps back with a wounded look on his face as he mockingly grabs his chest.

Dario Cueto - I understand your discomfort, but you did owe me favor. If I recall, it was a pretty big one.

Ivelisse (looking both ways to make sure no one is listening ) - “ I know what I owed you and why, Dario. Believe meÂ… I frigging know.

Dario Cueto - Don’t be this way. You are just here to do what you do best…. kick ass and make money. Thats not so bad is it?

Ivelisse looks away for a few tense moments. She is clearly skeptical of what the promoter is offering, but is also clearly anxious about a prior situation between them. She quickly locks eyes with Dario.

Ivelisse (icely ) - “ Who do you want me to wrestle, Dario? Let's get to it.

Dario Cueto - “ This is still the temple. I appreciate you acknowledging that. Your first opponent is a world class fighter. She’s competed and trained with the best in mixed martial arts community. She’s a world class grappler, a deadly striker and its been said she regularly tapped champions in their training sessions. She’s no joke.

Ivelisse (stands and walks by Cueto ) - “ I’m not laughing. I want my ten thousand in cash. I don’t trust your people or you with my banking information.

Without another glance, "The Baddest Bitch in Lucha Underground "confidently strolls into the shadows. As she does, Dario gives a tight smile and walks away in the opposite direction.

rUj8Fonm.jpg
2kicNRWt.jpg
F7ttSY1m.jpg
vs.
IvelisseJessamyn Duke

Jessamyn Duke makes her waydown the steps towards the ring as the crowd around her cheers. Matt Striker begins to list the famous fighters she trained with at the Glendale Fighting Center and her mixed martial arts record in Invictus FC and the UFC.

Vampiro begins to explain how jui-jitsu and grappling can even the playing field with a competitor like Ivelisse, but Don Callis dismissively knocks down his point.

Don Callis - “ Apples to oranges, Vampiro! How much do they pay you to do this job again?

Once again, the unease in the broadcast booth erupts on screen as Vampiro can be heard taking off his headset and standing.

Matt Striker (muffled as he attempts to cover his microphone) - “ Vamp! Vamp! No! Sit down! Now is not the time!!

The camera flips to the broadcast booth where Vampiro is standing over Callis threateningly as Striker tries to pull him away. Vampiro appears to be enraged, but Callis smiles confidently and remains seated. Vampiro seems torn but eventually allows Striker to lead him to his seat.

As all of this goes on, Ivelisse is introduced and begins to make her way to the ring, The crowd is hyped and cheers nostalgically as Ivelisse soaks in their adoration. The “Queen of the Road” acknowledges the crowd one at a time and really plays the role of returning hero well.

As she makes her way to the ring, Don Callis does the entire commentary as Striker speaks with Vampiro off to the side. Striker seems frantic as Vampiro seethes. As Marty Elias signals for the match to begin. Vampiro reluctantly nods and follows Striker to the announce booth. After a few pointed comments from Callis and a few “ whatever, dudes” from Vampiro, the trio settle into calling the match.

The match begins with Ivelisse getting directly into Duke’s face and trying to intimidate her verbally. Dukes leans in and gets forehead to forehead with Ivelisse as the former continues to threaten her. The crowd reacts with surprise when Duke’s pie-faces Ivelisse and shoves her away.

Ivelisse springs into action by slapping Dukes hand away and firing away with three straight overhand right hands that surprise and stun her. As the crowd excitedly cheers, Dukes seems to snap out of it and begin firing tight alternating body punches that connect solidly. The pair ramp up the already excited crowd by tearing into one another with a flurry of punches.

In the heat of battle, Callis gets into the action and drops a mysterious comment before he catches himself.

Don Callis - These two gals are throwing bombs. The boss will absolutely love this! This is right up her alley!

Vampiro (coyly) - “ Who is that again? You said 'her’, Don? Who exactly are you talking about?

Matt Striker ( attempting to steer the conversation back to the match ) “What I’m seeing is two very drastic fighting styles clash. Ivelisse throws very violent wide punches; while Jessaym Duke stays in the pocket with a very traditional boxing stance.

Don Callis(mockingly) - “ Don’t worry about it, Vampiro. You need to worry about keeping your job.

Vampiro (threateningly) - “ Is that right?

Don Callis- “ You better believe it is, chief.

In the ring, Ivelisse’s intensity puts Dukes on her heels and allows the Latina wrestler to gain firm control with her superior ring generalship and perfect execution. The Baddest Bitch in the Building whips her into the ropes to floor her with a back elbow, but quickly switches to a mat attack and cinches her up in a crossface that looks brutally uncomfortable.

Even when Dukes uses her grappling to leverage her way out, Ivelisse expertly uses some less than ethical pokes to the eyes and a low kick to the stomach to stall any chance of flipping control of the match to the former MMA fighter.

Ivelisse spends a good majority of the match showcasing her impressive arsenal of strikes and wrestling holds. A very game Duke attempts to fight through and establish offensive control, but her opponent seems several moves ahead of her until…

Ivelisse attempts a suplex, but as he lifts her opponent up, Dukes jumps up and wraps her legs around her opponent. Ivelisse remains standing, but Dukes manages to pop her head out from her grasp and fully locks in a guillotine choke while hanging on Ivelisse!! The crowd begins to stir as Ivelisse’s legs begin to buckle and she frantically tries to pull her head out of the choke!

The announce crew is getting excited. Vampiro is exclaiming ‘the choke is in too deepÂ’ to be escaped. Callis and Striker are both flabbergasted at how quickly and expertly Dukes pulled off the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu transition with almost no one seeing it as it happened. All three men stand as Ivelisse drops to one knee and Duke still remains glued to her upper torso with her full guard held snug. Sensing an upset, the crowd begins to excitedly cheer in anticipation.

Matt Striker - “ The brain can only go so long without oxygen. a limited supply of oxygen. I don’t care how tough you are, how much pain you can withstand… when the lights go out; they go out!

Vampiro - “ Ivellisse better do something soon or she’s going to sleep really soon. I hate to say it, but I donÂ’t see a way out Matt.

Ivellisse manages to slap the refereeÂ’s hand away as he attempts to lift it (to see if she is still conscious ). The act seems to re-energize her and she begins to throw hard body shots to Dukes as she continues to maintain her grip. In a surprise move, Ivellisse firmly grabs Duke's hips and violently flips Dukes over her head and drops her on her back! Executing a makeshift Northern Lights suplex-like maneuver, Ivelisse winds up breaking the hold and getting a quick one count as she surprises Dukes.

The announcers all marvel at Ivellisse’s will power and creativity as Dukes shakes her head violently in an attempt to clear the cobwebs. Ivellisse rubs her throat and rolls lazily on the mat; it seems like it has taken everything she had to get out of DukeÂ’s submission. The official soon starts a ten count as both women struggle to regain their footing.

After a tense seven seconds, Dukes manages to use the ropes to push her way to her feet. As she does, Ivelisse rolls under the bottom rope and pulls herself to her feet. Standing on the ring apron, Ivelisse leans heavily on the top rope to keep her balance. Dukes, sensing weakness, rushes towards her opponent, but Ivelisse grabs a handful of the former MMA fighterÂ’s hair and falls to The Temple’s floor. As she does, Duke's throat lands on the top rope with the added force of her opponent's weight causing her head to snap back violently. Dukes lands on the mat and violently coughs as she rolls around on the mat.

Breathing heavily, Ivelisse stares out at the crowd and holds her arms out defiantly. The Believers cheer her gusto heartily. She rolls into the ring and angrily drags Dukes to her feet before angrily whipping her into the ropes. As Dukes rebounds towards the center of the ring, Ivelisse floors her with a one-footed dropkick that would make Dean Malenko proud. The momentum of the blow almost flips The Queen of the Road on her head, but she manages to roll into her landing and rise ion one quick motion. As she does, she plays to the crowd again. (Much to their delight)

An angrier and more forceful Ivelisse takes control of the match and tosses Dukes around with a series of pull-arm drags that send her sprawling to the mat. The combination ends with a spectacular springboard version that sends Dukes rolling under the bottom rope and to the outside. Dukes rises unsteadily to her feet, but is quickly knocked back down when Ivelisse connects with a running baseball slide under the top rope. Dukes falls back heavily and her head loudly smacks on the floor.

Winner

rUj8Fonm.jpg

Ivelisse
via count-out at 6:16

Matt Striker - “ I hope Dukes is ok. She does not appear to be moving! "

Vampiro - “ Oh, she is concussed. Skull versus concrete is always a bad match-up, Matt.

Don Callis - “ Ivelisse showed me something tonight. Dukes? Not so much.

" THE DEALS WE MAKE "

tBbH2Utm.jpg

7oUP1RJm.jpg

Dario Cueto once again sits behind his desk with a serious look on his face. He carefully takes a long cigar off his desk and takes a long sniff before smiling broadly. He carefully takes a cutter from nearby and expertly slices the tip off the torpedoed end. As he places the stick in his lips, a hand comes in from off screen and lights a match. Dario's eyes widen before the mysterious hand carefully offers it to him. Dario takes the flame and carefully lights his cigar before shaking the match out and dropping it in the nearby ass trey. After taking a huge pull off of his cigar and lazily blowing it above his head, he speaks to the man off camera.

Dario Cueto - “ Muchos Gracias, senor. May I offer you one?

ARsrUqHm.jpg

The camera flips over to the man sitting across from Lucha Underground's matchmaker. WHYnDM (Bray Wyatt/The FIEND declines the offer with a dramatic wave of his hand. The second generation wrestler wears a black business suit with a macabre red and black lace pattern highlighting the collar, cufflinks and trim of the jacket. A deep red ruby earring dangles from his left ear and his dreadlocked hair (complete with bright red highlights) is pulled back neatly. His wide beard is knotted intricately into a large knot from which three dreaded locks dangle. He wears fingerless black gloves that showcase painted and unpainted nails in various colors (black, red, clear) and styles.

For a few tense moments he stares intently at Cueto while he absently cups his hand around the lit match in his fingers. A slight sizzling sound can be heard and WHYnDM takes a long blink before shifting his gaze to the chair beside him. He sits down without ever averting his blank gaze from Cueto.
Dario Cueto (grinning broadly) - “ You aren't interested in Cubans ,eh? ( Nodding knowingly ) I assume you're here to prove yourself in my temple then. That I can understand. (Grinning slyly) You're ready to make some money aren't you?

The large man across from him sits in silence for a few tense seconds more before suddenly changing expressions with a knowing grin. WHYnDM chuckles softly to himself before leaning into speak

WHYnDM - “ Honestly? I'm almost insulted by your offer, Dario. I've made more money elsewhere. This winners purse you're offering isn't market value for an 'athlete' such as myself. No sir. I'm afraid its something more."

Dario Cueto (obviously surprised, but still confident) - “ Maybe I was wrong. My apologies. So you aren't here for the money? You have always struck me as a world class 'athlete' that liked to prove himself; maybe thats it.

Cueto pulls on his cigar and slowly blows out more smoke, but never breaks eye contact with WHYnDM. WHYnDM stares intently with a blank poker face as the smoke rolls around him.

WHYnDM- “ I’m here for reasons of my own. With your past, ( he pauses for half a second for effect)I'm sure you can appreciate discretion.

Dario Cueto (his eyebrows raise in surprise ) - “ I don't think that will be a problem at all. So may I advertise your debut in The Temple next week? What do you say to that? Just because I can be discrete doesn't mean I can't be a promoter.

WHYnDM- “ I'm soooooo looking forward to it Dario, but make sure you book me with a luchador that can handle himself. My debut is going to memorable... Trust me on this.

Cueto stares incrediously at the man across from him, but takes another long drag from his stick. He blows it out slowly with a thoughtful look on his face.

Dario Cueto - “ I’'ve got the man for you. Just make sure you hold up your end, my friend." ( He bites off the last words ominously before drawing from his cigar again.)

WHYnDM- “ I'm a strong guy. (holding up his left arm in a strong man /bicep flex; despite wearing long sleeves)You won't have to worry about it. "

Dario Cueto (with a tight smile)- “ I'm not worried. You'll honor this temple one way or the other my friend. Maybe you can string together a few wins and earn that 'fair market value' you claim you want.

WHYnDM- “Oh Mr Cueto... I don't get what I want. My last deal with the Devil himself proved that. If I got what I wanted.........The world would burn.

The money ?

I deserve it , but I tell you what..... I've spoken with your 'benefactor' already and she has assured me that WHEN I string those wins together, as you say, I'm ensured certain 'bonuses'. I'm sorry she failed to inform you. I'm sure its just a misunderstanding, but if I were you. (offering an open hand )I'd keep track of the devil YOU'VE made a deal with."

Cueto glares as WHYnDM intently before taking another angry pull off his cigar.

Dario Cueto- “ I'll see you next week, sir. Good day.

WHYnDM nods and rises to his feet with a smug grin on his face. He exits as Cueto continues to stare straight ahead as smoke twirls around him. WHYnDM leaves the office as Dario takes another pull. As he blows the smoke, out he mutters angrily to himself.

Dario Cueto- “ Arrogant son a b-*censored* .....I'll show him value.

(fade to black with low horns) Bwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwahhhhhhhhmmmmmmm

QYCo0VKm.jpg
2kicNRWt.jpg
C1MWdwPm.jpg
vs
Alberto El PatronMatanza Cueto

El Patron comes down to the ring with a serious look etched across his face. As the fan's cheer, he seems to block out the noise and focus in on his match. He stands on the second rope and holds both arms up in the air, but closes his eyes and seems to almost be in prayer before the match.

A switch seems to go off in Patron’s head when Matanza appears at the top of the entrance way / steps. As his opponent's name is announced, Alberto slides under the bottom rope and SPRINTS up the stairs to meet Dario Cueto’s brother head on!

Both men unload wild punches that connect with ferocious intensity. The crowd explodes as both men continue to brawl in place for a few seconds. Neither man seems to want to give in and take a step back as the damage begins to add up. All three announcers are in an excited tizzy as both luchadores continue to brawl in earnest.

Alberto is the first to flinch as he takes a step backward after a particularly hard overhand right from The Monster. At the first sign of weakness, Matanza actually seems to ratchet up his attack and throws heavier and faster blows! Patron falters and then Â…Suddenly grasps Matanza in both arms and FLIPS him into the stands with a belly to belly suplex! Luckily, security had managed to remove fans from the area before impact, but both men land awkwardly on the unmoving seats.

After all three announcers attempt to speak over one another, Striker and Vampiro begin bickering with Callis. As the announce team descends into chaos, El Patron staggers down the steps to the warehouse floor. As the camera catches the pained look on his face, the monstrous Matanza launches himself from the stands and crashes on top of the unsuspecting luchadore!

Both men lie on the floor in pain and shock for a few moments before Matanza manages to straddle his prone opponent and starts throwing heavy punches and forearms down on the injured El Patron. Alberto absorbs a lot of heavy damage without fighting back before the referee manages to pull Matanza away. With the bloodlust upon him, Matanza stands and lunges at the official with ill intent. The referee backs away hurriedly, but Matanza chases after; allowing El Patron a brief reprieve.

Matt Striker - “ Alberto El Patron lies on the ground; an injured heap! The monsterous Matanza Cueto is chasing head referee, Marty Elias! Fans are being ushered back into seats they just had to be evacuated from! Folks, we are experiencing total chaos and this match hasn’t even started yet! “

The referee manages to sprint away and slide under the bottom rope to get away from Dario Cueto’s younger brother. Matanza quits giving chase and stares back at Alberto hungrily. Alberto begins to stir and unsteadily rises to one knee as the crowd urges him to stand. Matanza meanacingly clenches his fist and slowly begins walking towards his opponent with murderous intent.

As the Matanza gets near the kneeling El Patron, the veteran grappler fires off a low blow that buckles The Monster dead in his tracks. As Matanza falls to the dirty floor of The Temple, Alberto crawls towards the ring and uses the apron to stand & roll under the bottom rope. Meanwhile, Matanza rests his head on the arena floor as he rises to his knees. His arm is tucked under midsection tightly and he breathes in heavy ragged breaths.

Vampiro - “ Even monsters have balls, I guess.

After a few tense moments, Matanza rises and pounds his chest with his right arms and fist. He unleashes an angry scream of frustration and stares out into the crowd with muder in his eyes. Alberto stands in the ring and yells at Matanza to get his attention. The elder Cueto brother slowly turns around and locks eyes with the second generation star. As Alberto motions him towards the ring, Matanza begins to slowly walk towards the ring. Rage is causing his body to quiver, but Matanza begins to almost growl as he nears the ring.

The official signals for the opening bell as Matanza steps through the ropes. Both competitors get within inches of each other and glare ominously. The crowd reacts to the tension and begins to cheer wildly as Alberto begins to speak to his opponent through clenched teeth. Matanza is shaking violently with rage as the tension builds…… then explodes!

Both men tear into one another once again! Matanza attempts to replicate his earlier success by violently swinging and trying to overwhelm El Patron’s ability to absorb damage. As he begins to absorb damage, El Patron fires off a stiff knee to Matanza’s midsection. Matanza buckles under the blow, but reaches up and violently scratches at El Patron’s eyes with his free hand!

The damage from both luchadore’s underhanded tactics causes them to stumble away from each other briefly. El Patron blindly swings at nothing as he struggles with his vision. Matanza leans heavily on the ropes and grips his lower midsection gingerly. Patron blindly turns towards him and The Monster springs into action with a STIFF short-arm clothesline that flattens Alberto.

Don Callis - “ I will say this for him, Matanza Cueto has taken some damage and can STILL bring that type of heat. Man, that's something. Why do you think that is, Vampiro?

Vampiro - “ He’s a monster, dude. What more do you want me to tell you?

Don Callis (in an annoyed tone) - “ I was trying to flip you an easy one, man. What's your deal? Do you not understand how this works? STRIKER, fix your boy!

As Striker attempts to smooth things over and get the broadcast back on track, Matanza takes a very measured and brutal approach to punishing Alberto El Patron. The large wrestler methodically picks his spots and blasts El Patron with hard hitting blows, slams and suplexes that throw El Patron all around the ring. Alberto really sells the damage he is taking with his facials and moving gingerly.

Matanza manages to get both his hands around El Patron’s throat and push him into the corner. Matanza’s huge triceps swell as he arches El Patron over the top turnbuckles and tries to snap him in half as he chokes him. The referee starts a count, but breaks in and attempts to pull Matanza forcibly away when it's apparent he has no intention of letting go. After a brief struggle, Matanza slowly walks away in disgust. He glares out into the crowd menacingly before staring into his hands with a bizarre intensity.

El Patron grabs his throat and massages it gingerly as he struggles to catch his breath. He leans heavily into the ropes to stay upright and worriedly looks at Matanza as he growls towards the crowd. El Patron puts two fingers into his mouth and whistles loudly. The noise cuts through the din and snaps The Monster's head around. As Matanza glares at El Patron, El Patron motions the monster forward and dares him to engage.

Matanza charges forward like a wild bull, but El Patron expertly drops down as he gets near and trips him with a front leg trip. Matanza tumbles face first into the second turnbuckle as the crowd goes wild! Not missing his chance to gain an advantage, El Patron plants one foot on the back of his neck and uses the ropes to apply more pressure and grind the large man into the mat! The referee eventually pulls El Patron away, but he rushes back in stomps away on his opponent with reckless abandon.

Matanza rolls under the bottom to escape the attack, but Alberto is quick as a cat and quickly hops through the ropes and comes crashing down with a double-axe handle to Matanza's back that sends the big man sprawling forward. El Patron is relentless in his assault, but makes a huge mistake in brawling so close. Matanza manages to clasp his hands around Alberto's waste and belly to belly suplex him to the hard concrete floor.

Both men lie on the floor and struggle to move after their violent encounter. Alberto clutches his back with a grimace on his face. Matanza pushes up on his hands his knee, but can't seem to go much further as he tries to clear the cobwebs.

Matt Striker - “ The cost is adding up! Despite being exceptional men and luchadores, they are still human, Vamp."

Vampiro - “ Matt, right now we just have to see who wants it more. Where they are physically... I don't know man. I can't see how either of them are still standing.

Don Callis - “ Dario's brother still has something left. Watch.

Both men grab one another and punch away as they use their opponent as leverage to stand. The referee begs both competitors to go back into the ring, but the rage is running too high. Matanza grab's El Patron by the throat and squeezes with all his might. Alberto slaps furiously at his hands, but eventually blindly grabs a chair from ringside and uses it to jab into Matanza's side! Matanza stumbles away but manages to grab a broom that is leaning against a wall beside the ring.

As he turns around, El Patron CRACKS him across the head with a wicked chair shot. Matanza takes two shaky steps back , but uses the broom like a baseball bat and hits Alberto in his side as he prepares for another swing. As the shock crowd looks on, Matanza snaps the wooden broom in half and holds two jagged edges menacingly. He raises one serrated edge and jabs as Alberto, but he deftly side step the attack. Referees and back stage workers run in from off camera and physically separate both men as they struggle to keep the brawl going. In the chaos, the referee call so for the bell. All three announcers marvel at how the violence escalated quickly, but remind the audience at home that this confrontation only promises more violence in the future.

Winner

DOUBLE DISQUALIFICATION
at 12:15

Don Callis - “ As we close this first night, I want to apologize for some of the rough spots on commentary tonight . I take full blame for the miscommunications and unprofessional behavior I displayed. Rome was not built in a day and WE obviously have some work to do. Don't worry! I can assure you all, I will get this ironed out.

Matt Striker - “ I don’t know what that means exactly, but lets focus on the positives. We had three VERY exciting contests to launch off our new season. We also had two winners.

Vampiro - “ Twenty thousand dollars is nothing to sneeze at.

Don Callis - “ I think we can all agree on that. See there! That is twice tonight! We will be back next week.

Last edited:

Stojy

Reaction score
Whilst not always a huge thing with most people's work these days, the first thing that stood out here was the chemistry on commentary. Thought you inserted Callis in here really well, from the interruptions at the start, to the apologizing at the end, just feels like you were really on the money with commentary throughout so well done.

I thought the segments throughout were written well enough as well, really giving us a feel for personalities and what's to come. Deppen's interesting look at the end there builds some intrigue, Ivelisse and Dario have something going on, and Bray (WYnDhAm or whatever is way to annoying to type lol) definitely builds interest with talking to Dario's boss. Pumped for his debut next week.

The only slight hindrance for me was the main event ending with a relatively lame Double DQ on the return show. Pumped for the next show though because this has started off very promising.

White Rhyno

Reaction score

uCkF6zyl.png

BEGININGS AND PAYMENTS

Announcers

adzhYFQm.jpg
p612T79m.jpg
Jo2VZSmm.jpg
Matt Striker
Don Callis
Vampiro

BWauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuMah

As the announcers begin to introduce the show, Alberto El Patron bursts through the back and appears at the top of the staircase overlooking The Temple. He briefly acknowledges the crowd before hustling down to ringside and quickly sliding under the bottom rope into the ring. Standing on the middle turnbuckle, the intense El Patron pumps his arms to hype himself and the crowd up.

QYCo0VKm.jpg

The residents of The Temple eat it up and cheer wildly.

El Patron demands the microphone and waits impatiently as the ringside crew scrambles to find one. As one appears, an anxious Alberto snatches it and storms to the center of the ring. Facing Dario Cueto’s office, he raises the microphone to his lips and sounds off in a booming voice.

Alberto El Patron- DARIO! DARIO! GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE AND FACE ME! I’VE GOT UNFINISHED BUSINESS WITH YOUR DAMNED BROTHER AND WE ARE GOING TO SETTLE IT RIGHT NOW ! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME? BRING YOUR -

El Patron is interrupted when an irate Dario Cueto burst through his office door and begins screaming back at the angry luchadore.

7oUP1RJm.jpg

Dario Cueto- Who the *censored* Do you think you are, Alberto? Do you think you tell ME what to do around here? That's not how it works. Get this, you piece of shit, you better calm down before I kick your ass out of this temple? You got it?

El Patron drops the microphone and rushes to the ropes with murder in his eyes, but Cueto quickly blurts out another harsh response.

Dario Cueto-I wouldn’t do that, mi amigo. I love that FIRE, but I’m the one bridge you can’t burn down. You get that, right? If you hit me… YOU’RE DONE! You got that? Now…think.

El Patron freezes , but continues to glare at Cueto. Cueto returns that intense glare, but an intense smirk grows on his face. Cueto visually relaxes, but maintains a serious demeanor. He rolls his neck to relieve tension before continuing.

Dario Cueto- Matanza got…how do you say it?.....Intense? You brought out that fire in his blood. It was one of the most intense fights I’ve ever seen him. It became a literal fight to the death. I honor that in this place.

I was forced to lock Matanaza up. He will NOT be available. I’m sorry to tell you that, but I can guarantee you a match with him AND a chance at five thousand dollars IF you take a match tonight. What do you say? Are you ready to take the bull by the horns, Alberto?

Alberto nods his head as the crowd voices their approval at his decision. Cueto looks up to the top of the ramp and the ominous figure of BLACK TAURUS appears from the back. The bull masked luchador slowly lumbers down the steps as all three announcers react in surprise at the globe-trotting man-bull appearing in Lucha Underground.

3WzpPmdm.jpg

3WzpPmdm.jpg
VS.
QYCo0VKm.jpg
Black Taurus
Alberto El Patron

Black Taurus makes his way down to the ring as the fans cheer wildly. He slides under the top rope, but is met by El Patron when he stands and is on the receiving end of two stiff straight forearm shots. El Patron muscles the minotaur into the corner and stiffly whips his opponent into the opposite turnbuckle. Black Taurus slams back first into the turnbuckles and crumbles. He leans heavily into the corner to avoid falling over, but is met with a running clothesline that MASHES him into the turnbuckles!

Alberto pushes Taurus’s head back at a painful angle and begins to paw at the luchadore’s mask, attempting to pry it off. The referee dives in and splits the pair up as the announcers explain what an affront it is to tradition to remove a competitor’s mask.

Alberto glares at the referee and attempts to dive back into the brawl, but Black Taurus lunges forward and cracks a sharp knife-hand chop on El Patron’s chest. The blow stuns El Patron and allows Black Taurus to fire off a straight right to his head before he sprints into the ropes. As Taurus rebounds back toward Alberto, he is caught by the former amatuer wrestler and spun 180 degrees around and dropped strongly over Alberto’s knee!

Don Callis: “ THAT is how you cook a steak! Am I right, Vampiro?

Vampiro (cautiously): “ Yeah, man. All the heat; full blast…to seal the juices in.

Don Callis roughly slaps Vampiro on the back and smiles broadly. Vampiro briefly glares, but smiles and unsteadily laughs as the match continues.

In the ring, El Patron controls the pace of the match with hard forearms and uppercuts; followed by heavy slams and suplexes. He gets several near falls before, but begins to lose his composure and starts arguing with the referee over what he feels are slow counts.

Black Taurus manages to roll to the outside to gain time and recover as El Patron verbally blasts the official. Still fuming, El Patron rolls to the outside to continue his assault, but Taurus changes the tide by ramming his head into the post! El Patron steps back unsteadily and clutches his temple before eventually crumbling to one knee.

Black Taurus punishes him with more punches before roughly grabbing his head forcing him under the bottom rope. Taurus enters the ring and is relentless as he punishes El Patron with a superman punch, a back elbow and a few chops before pulling an enzugri out of no-where! Patron falls to the mat and Taurus goes for the cover, but El Patron manages to get a shoulder up rather quickly.

Matt Striker: “ Does Black Taurus have enough to put Alberto away ?

Vampiro : “ Lets not forget, Matt. Aleberto El Patron was in a WAR with Matanza last week.
There is no way he can be 100 percent physically.

Don Callis (snidely): “ Dario Cueto has a plan. He knew what he was doing when he set up this match. Believe me on this. Our benefactor is very tactical. She gets what she wants and Alberto is not going to be able to come into this temple and dictate terms. That message has to be sent."

Black Taurus continues to work over El Patron, but makes a huge mistake charging at him wildly. Alberto manages to backdrop his opponent over the top rope! As he flies over, Black Taurus manages to grab the top rope and land on his feet on the outside ring apron. Alberto turns around to look for Black Taurus on the floor, but is met with another stiff back elbow. El Patron stumbles back into the center of the ring as Taurus climbs the turnbuckle.

Black Taurus makes it to the top, but El Patron recovers and quickly scales the turnbuckle to meet his opponent head on! Both men brawl precariously for a few tense moments, before El Patron manages to stun Black Taurus with an overhand right. The crowd hushes in anticipation as Alberto secures Black Taurses head and readies for a superplex!

Matt Striker : “ This would take a HERCULEAN effort from Alberto. Black Taurus is EASILY 220 pounds; wouldn’t you say, Vampiro? "

Vampiro : “ I don’t know. It’s hard to tell. He’s not that tall, but he’s STOUT; y’know? He’s built like a fire hydrant.

Don Callis (snidely): “ He’s fat.

Matt Striker : “ WHAT? I wouldn’t call a brotha fat. He’s half Black Angus what’s he gonna do?

Vampiro (laughing) : “ That’s good stuff! That is some of Tartino’s best shit!

Alberto strains and snaps Black Taurus up and over! Both men fall from the top rope and crash in the center of the ring with a loud THUD ! The followers in The Temple begin chanting “ THIS IS AWE-SOME!!! *clap, clap, clap* THIS IS AWE-SOME!!!*clap, clap, clap* “ Alberto slowly rolls over and collapses on Black Taurus, but the resilient luchadore manges to barely kick out.

Matt Striker : “ I’m shocked. What an amazing luchadore this guy is. Who kicks out after that?

Vampiro : “ This is Lucha Underground. Always expect the unexpected, Matt.

Don Callis (even more snide ): “ I’ll admit. The minotaur has shown me something. He can take a beating better than most people.

Alberto curses as he rolls over to one knee. He breathes heavily and has an exasperated look on his face. Black Taurus lies still on his side. Alberto slowly stands and staggers over to the corner to catch his breath. He glares angrily at Black Taurus before steadily pumping his fist and daring his opponent to stand. Almost on command, Taurus begins to stir and weakly rolls on to his back. Despite looking totally drained, Black Taurus suddenly kips up and lands unsteadily on his feet. Psyching himself up, Black Taurus roars in anger and steps forward menacingly to Alberto El Patron.

Alberto charges forward and tries to decapitate Black Taurus with a running lariat, but the dark luchador ducks under his extended arm. El Patron turns around and is BLASTED with a surprise super kick from Black Taurus! El Patron lands roughly on his back as an exhausted Black Taurus briefly loses his balance and falls to one knee. El Patron weakly rolls to his side as Black Taurus leans heavily on the ring ropes and slowly pushes himself to his feet.

Alberto shakes the cobwebs from his head and forces himself to stand on shaky legs. As he rises, Black Taurus lowers his center of gravity and patiently lines up the second generation wrestler … for a vicious SPEAR! El Patron is drivenly violently to the mat! Black Taurus goes for the cover as the crowd begins to count along…but El Patron kicks out at the last milli-second.

The crowd groans audibly after being denied the upset victory, but begins another “Awesome” chant. The announcers are all giving detailed analysis on the trauma a match like this can take on the human body; really playing up the dramatic aspects.

Don Callis : “ Both of these men have shown me something. They have made a STATEMENT here tonight on Lucha Underground. I must say, they have earned my respect.

The effort Black Taurus used to get back into the match appears to have emptied his gas tank as he tries to maintain his advantage. He attempts to keep the pressure on El Patron and clubs him with some hard forearms and punches before attempting out of one turnbuckle into another. To the shock of the announcers, El Patron manages to keep his grip on Black Taurus and short arm-pull his momentum back towards the center of the ring! As Black Taurus falls forward, Alberto expertly secures his cross-arm breaker MID-AIR and lands with the hold tightly secured. Black Taurus wisely taps out as the referee runs in to break up the hold!

Winner- Alberto El Patron via submission (12:30)

The referee raises El Patron head as he pops to his feet and churns his other hand in the air to rile up the crowd. They cheer wildly as the controversial wrestler intensely celebrates his win and calls out Matanza Cueto.

9eFXJ0Zm.jpg

Dario Cueto sits in his office and smiles warmly at the two men sitting across from him. He seems friendly as he nods in satisfaction.

Dario Cueto- “ You both look good, my friends. Thank you for answering the call. The Temple remembers you. The Temple WELCOMES you.

Drago
and Aero Star sit solemnly across the table. They glance at one another skeptically before nodding at Dario politely.

hUvdaTam.jpg
8UdOKIum.jpg

Dario Cueto- “ I understand you may not… trust me… like you once did, but you can trust the money. Its real. You can always trust dollars and cents. Am I right?

Both men nod knowingly at their smug promoter, but still remain wary.

Dario Cueto- “ Make no mistake, however. You will earn it tonight. I’ve got a team that is as every bit as you two were in your prime here. Maybe even better… So it is up to you. How bad do you want to win? How bad do you want to be paid?

Both men rise from their chairs and stare down ominously at Cueto as he smirks up defiantly. As they glare, he casually points towards the door behind them.

Dario Cueto- “What are you both waiting for? Go get your money.

The pair stalk out as Cueto crosses his arms and smiles wickedly into the camera.

The crowd cheers nostalgically as both Drago and Areo Star are introduced individually. Both men do their familiar ring entrances as the announcers review their history in Lucha Underground and catch viewers up on what both luchadores are capable of.

Don Callis : “ Both men were exceptional luchadores…. Six years ago. Let's be honest, a lot has changed since then. I’m sure they are still GOOD, but you have to be better than that to survive in a place like The Temple. “.

Matt Striker: “ This duo is capable of extraordinary things, Don. I’ve seen it. Vamp has seen it. I think they are going to show us all WHY Dario Cueto brought them back here.

Vampiro : “ I couldn't agree more, Matt. These guys are warriors. Against each other, teaming together… I’ve never seen a bad match with these two in the ring.

Don Callis (snidely): “ I happen to know WHO they are competing against tonight, however.

Matt Striker: “ What do you mean? Who are they---?.

Striker is cut off when the crowd EXPLODES as Dax Hardwood and Cash Wheeler step out from the locker room at the top of the steps. Both men wear serious expressions as they stare out over The Temple. Each man has a NJPW and a AAA championship belt thrown over their shoulders as they stand confidently and soak in the environment. As FTR begin their way down the stairs and towards the ring, Callis explains how the pair are the tag team champions of the two largest wrestling organizations in Japan and Mexico, respectively.

STPI0R7m.jpg
VVkEddMm.jpg
VS.
8UdOKIum.jpg
hUvdaTam.jpg
Dax Hardwood
Cash Wheeler
Aero Star
Drago

As FTR makes it to ringside, both Aero Star and Drago decide to kick off the match early and the pair launch themselves over the top rope and to the floor! Both exciting wrestlers land on their opponents and the brawl begins! With their title belts strewn across the arena floor, FTR gets into a rolling brawl on the arena floor with their two masked opponents. All four men throw wild punches as they roll across the dingy floor of The Temple. The excited crowd begins a “ THIS IS AWE-SOME !!!!” chant.

After a brief brawl, the referee manages to jump down to the floor and forcibly separates the two teams. All four men are fired up and reluctant to pull away, but order is soon restored and all four men are directed to their corners.

The match itself is a back and forth affair with the fan favorite luchadore pair trying to use their superior speed to keep the mat technicians off guard and unsure in the contest’s early going. A huge early highlight is Drago wiping out Hardwood on the ring apron with a surprise dropkick, dodging a blindside attack on Wheeler and surprising him by tying him up in The Dragon’s Tail pinning combination! The referee gets a two count before Hardwood slides under the bottom rope and breaks up the count.

FTR’s superior teamwork eventually allows them to capitilize on their opponent’s high risk style when Areo Star makes a huge mistake and misses a suicide dive. Using a variety of quick tags and double team maneuvers, Hardwood and Wheeler keep the space-themed luchadore cut off from Drago and in constant peril. Drago is forced to come in and break up multiple close pinfall attempts to keep his team from losing.

Eventually a four man brawl breaks out. The luchadores gain an advantage early, but make a huge mistake of trying to Irsih whip FTR into one another. Drago’s attempt is reversed and he winds up running into a bullet of a clothesline from Wilder as Areo Star whips him into his partner! As Areo Star turns around, FTR quickly executes a SHATTER MACHINE that floors the small luchadore!

Wilder goes for the cover as his partner holds his arms in the air triumphantly. 1…2…3.

Winner- FTR via pinfall (12:30)

Both members of FTR allow their arms to be raised by the referee. As the pair exit the ring, they make the unusual move of walking over to the commentary booth and shaking Don Callis’ hand. Callis is very jovial and congratulates both men as Striker and Vampiro stare at each other in bewilderment.

A lone figure stands in the darkened hallway outside the office of LUCHA UNDERGROUND’s promoter, Dario Cueto. Shadows cover much of his face, but its obvious he is wearing a baseball cap as he shifts anxiously. The available light makes his baby blue ring jacket with an air-brushed snarling tiger stand out. Dressed in blue jeans and wearing two bulky knee pads near the tops of his boots, the camera catches the subjects feet lean forward to knock before hesitating. For a few tense seconds, the boots stay frozen before a reluctant knock is heard.

(From inside) Come in !

The scene shifts to the other side of the door where a very serious looking Mance Warner cautiously strides into the room; his eyes darting everywhere as he reaches for a chair. Sitting at the desk in fron of him sits a concerned looking Dario Cueto.

1Y7Jrkim.jpg

Dario Cueto: “ Is something wrong, Senor Warner? You seem tense.

Mance Warner- “ Yuuueah. I gues you could say that. This is my first time here, y’know? I hadn’t gotten a lay of the land, yet.

Dario Cueto- “ You are anxious. That’s good. My Temple is a dangerous place. You would be correct in being wary. I’m impressed, to be honest.

Mance Warner (smiling) : “ Now don’t get it twisted, Big Dawg. Ole Mancer is here to snap neck and cash checks. Ya hear what I’ma saying, Mr Quey-Toh?

Cueto winces at the poor enunceciation of is name, but quickly recovers and continues te conversation.

Dario Cueto- “ I’ve seen your work, Mr. Warner. I like what I’ve seen. Which is why I’d like to invite you to compete in my Temple next week. If you win, I’ll give you ten thousand dollars. How does that sound?

Mance Warner- “It sounds like I’ll see you at the paywind-dah next week. You best believe that.

Warner stands and backs away. He still glances around as he carefully slinks out of the office; is unease still apparent.

Bad Dude Tito stands in the center of the ring with his arms crossed. He stares up at the ramp intently. Matt Striker reminds the crowd watching at home about his MMA background and his athletic ,physical features. He impresses upon “The Believers” that the combo has left many doubters, both in the ring and out, in a pool of “blood and regret”. Don Callis scoffs and tells Striker and the crowd watching that Tito was recommended by himself to Cueto. When Vampiro reacts with surprise and Striker with skepticism… Callis coyly reminds the pair that he was hired for a reason.

The arena goes dark for a few intense seconds before WHYnDM appears with a red spotlight on him. It cast ominous shadows as the well dressed wrestler removes his dress jacket with a heavily shadowed face obscuring his face. He casually drops the garment before carefully removing his straw hat with a huge feather poking out of the head band. He carefully places it on the ground with a flourish before suddenly looking up towards the ring…As he does , the house lights come up! WHYnDM stares intently at the ring.

As he does, the crowd reacts to something in the ring. The announcers are suddenly in chaos as they scramble to catch the crowd watching at home up with what has happened. A heavily tattooed man with a devil inspired luchadore mask is stomping away on a downed Tito on the ring. Bad Dude Tito is bleeding from the forehead as the heavily muscled devil above savagely kicks away at the prone wrestler.

whPFseIm.jpg

Vampiro- “ I KNOW WHO THAT IS! THAT IS THE DEMON, GRONDA! HE’S LIKE TRIPLE AAA’S VERSION OF THE UNDERTAKER AND BATISTA. HE’S STRAIGHT OUT OF HELL!!!!!

Callis - “ Whoever he is… WHATEVER he is… He’s left Mild Dude Tito in the fetal position in a pool of his own blood.

The camera goes back to WHYnDM who casually rolls up his sleeves with an evil grin on his face. He carefully adjusts his fingerless gloves before picking up his black straw fedora. He carefully places the hat on his head with a deft hand before going down to the ring.

The crowd boos at the prospect of the match ending before anything takes place, but they're actually seems to excite WHYnDM. He enters the ring and watches intently as GRONDA stomps away on the prone Tito. GRONDA notices WHYnDM and suddenly stops his assault and steps away deferentially. WHYnDM nods cordially as he removes his hat and places it under the turnbuickle….before suddenly rising in a flourish with his arms held wide! The docile crowd suddenly explodes as WHYnDM giggles excitedly.

The referee enters the ring and looks doubtful as he watches a bloodied Tito rise unsteadily on his fists. GRONDA seems ready to pounce on the injured street fighter. WHYnDM casually shoos the demon away and steps confiidently into the center of the ring with his arms held wide. Despite the unfairness of the situation, “The Temple” cheers wildly.

After a few tense seconds, the referee signals for the match to start.

AjH47dhm.jpg
VS.
ARsrUqHm.jpg
Bad Dude Tito
WHYnDM

Big Bad Tito stumbles to his feet and falls back into the turnbuckle to stay standing. He carefully dabs his face and stares in horror at his bloodied hands. Taking a huge breath, Tito calms himself before definitely staring out at WHYnDM who stares back with an evil intensity.

Like a horror movie monster, WHYnDM shuffles forward step by step and closes the distance between Tito and himself. Bad Dude Tito is overwhelmed as WHYnDM swarms him and begins throwing savage punches. Tito crumbles into the turnbuckle, but jerks the large man up by the throat and evilly pins his head back on the turnbuckle. As he does he stares out into the crowd with an intense frown as his breathing noticeably quickens. His head suddenly snaps back towards Tito and he turns his body ominously slow towards his bloodied opponent while he maintains his gaze.

Big Bad Tito is violently thrown to the center of the ring with a beal toss. WHYnDM milks the tension and stalks around the ring while Tito lies in the center of the ring. WHYnDM eventually jerks Tito up by the hair and readies him for his finishing hold… a move Striker says WHYnDM now calls The Last Kiss… WHYnDM kisses Tito’s forehead and then suddenly slings him across his body to the mat!
(Sister Abigale for all you WWE fans.) WHYnDM casually pins his maimed opponent for an easy victory.

Winner - WHYnDM via pinfall (3:02)

The crowd cheers as WHYnDM stands and has his arms raised by the referee. He flashes an evil grin as GRONDA reenters the ring and kneels by his side.

Suddenly, a furious Dario Cueto storms out of his office. He angrily flicks a lit cigar on to the ground and begins to grind it out with the toe of his shoe.

7oUP1RJm.jpg

Dario Cueto through grit teeth - “ Oh no! Oh no! You son of a bitch! You’ll get your five thousand dollars for this -dismissively waving his hand- victory. Know this, however, I still get my match. You’re going to wrestle right now against an opponent that is ready for you.

Mr. WHYnDM… meet your opponent; PSYCHO CLOWN !!!!!

Cueto’s free arm rises with a flourish as he announces one of Triple A’s hugest stars! Psycho Clown appears at the top of the stairs and revs up an already fired up Temple!

Don Callis (with admiration ): “ This is why our employer financially backed Dario. This is masterful. You can’t buy this forward thinking.

Matt Striker : “ Psycho Clown was every kids nightmare South of the Border; until he became Triple A’s biggest star. The second generation luchador is every bit the hero that someone like Jon Moxley or Stone Cold Steve Austin were. He’s an ass kicker; pure and simple.

Vampiro : “ He will NOT be intimidated by Mr. WHYnDM. The psychological advantage he has over most men. It ain’t there with Psycho Clown, brother.

Psycho Clown hits the ring and immediately gets nose to nose with an intense WHYnDM. For a few tense seconds the pair mutter some angry words as they press their foreheads together.

62yPbZ4m.jpg
VS.
ARsrUqHm.jpg
Psycho Clown
WHYnDM

In an instant, both men begin throwing haymakers! As the carnage starts, the referee signals for the opening bell. Both men unload huge blows that knock their opponent back a few steps before taking an equally unforgiven punch that does the exact thing in reverse.

Both men inflict huge amounts of damage before WHYnDM throws a knee into Psycho Clown’s midsection and uses a back leg trip to knock him to the ground. WHYnDM mounts the masked luchadore and rains down blows; Psycho Clown reverses positions with a roll and begins inflicting his own damage from the mounted position! The fans eat the whole segment up and cheer wildly.

As GRONDA paces back and forth ominously at ringside, Psycho Clown stands triumphantly and raises both arms triumphantly for the crowd. The white hot crowd responds with enthusiastic applause, the whirlwind of action has worked the Temple up into a froth. Psycho runs into the opposite ropes with a fevor, but instead of launching himself on his downed opponent in the center of the ring; he launches himself through the middle and top rope and lands shoulder first into the surprised Gronda on the outside!!!!!! The surprised crowd cheers even louder as the camera cuts away to a smiling Dario Cueto for a few moments.

Matt Striker : “ That is not a warm smile, guys. A smile like that from Dario Cueto means something awful is about to happen.

Vampiro : “ Say what you will about Dario; and believe me I have… the man’s vision created this place. The Temple is about VIOLENCE and Dario has put luchadors here that create that.

Matt Striker : “ So you’re saying this is ‘on brand’ for Dario, Vamp? . “

Vampiro : “ Very on brand.. And Lucha Underground is very popular. I’m not sure what that says about us as a society, but I think it's pretty cool.

Psycho Clown really puts the boots to Gronda, but in “Undertaker-style” the large demonic wrestler slowly rises after each flurry of blows and meancingly lurches toward Psycho Clown. Much to the delight of the crowd, the masked clown grabs the demonic wrestler by the head and SLAMS his head into the steel post! Gronda sinks to one knee and leans heavily into the post as Psycho Clown rolls under the bottom rope at the referee’s urging.

Gronda tries to grab Psycho Clown’s leg , but the popular luchadore kicks his hand away. As he does, the referee leans under the top and bottom ropes and loudly admonishes the devilish grappler.

Psycho Clown attempts to refocus on the match, but a HUGE FIREBALL erupts in front of his face as he turns around!!!!!

Don Callis (in awe): “ Hellfire brought to life.

Matt Striker : “ Psycho Clown is writhing on the ground in pain. DEAR GOD! The was straight out of Johnny Storm, the Human Torch’s play book!! “

Vampiro : “ I can smell burning flesh. This is bad, man. I think this is really bad.

WHYnDM walks around the ring with a wide sadistic grin on his face as the announcers get a much better look at WHYnDM setting up and expertly throwing a fireball in his unsuspecting opponent’s face. As he flings his open palm forward, he seemingly blows on his open palm; creating the illusion he blew a fireball off his palm. Callus marvels at the artistry as Vampiro and Stryker question the tastes of his comments.

WHYnDM roughly pulls Psycho Clown to his feet and grabs his opponent’s wrist. With his opposite hand he pulls Psycho Clowns wrist behind his back; exposing his rib cage. In one violent motion, WHYnDM brutally palm strikes exposed ribs and digs his outstretched fingers into his ribcage.

Don Callis (in excitment):
“ THE HEART CLAW!? A HEART PUNCH CLUTCH ?! WHAT DID WE JUST SEE, GUYS? “

Matt Striker : “ A move that is a cross between a heart punch and a claw hold. I can only imagine how painful it is!! “

Vampiro : “ No man. He’s out. He’s feeling nothing… I think he might be dead. Oh my God…. Did we just see that? “

Psycho Clown crumbles to the mat, but WHYnDM sinks ot his knees and maintains his grip as the referee struggles to pry him off! The demented wrestler casually pushes the official away as he gleefully stares directly at Dario Cueto. Cueto purses his lips and nods tightly at his newest star as the referee calls for help.

Winner- WHYnDM via stoppage (5:32)

White Rhyno

Reaction score
0F5FP1vm.png

adzhYFQt.jpg
p612T79t.jpg
Jo2VZSmt.jpg

Matt Stryker: Hello and welcome to the Temple anddddd… LUCHA UNDERGROUND! Streaming to you on AMAZON PRIME! I am your host, Matt Striker. Joining me at the commentary is the man that's always two steps ahead, DON CALLIS! "

Don Callis:
Thank you for setting the table, Matthew! I am Don Callis AND if you did not know that already… Where have you been? Not that it matters, but I am a man that ponders the impossible and sees the trends before they are trends. Welcome to Luncha Underground, viewing public.
At the other end of the table is an icon both in Mexico and here in Boyle Heights. The man that helped start this movement… VAMPIRO!

Vampiro (surprised) -Thank you, Don. Tonight we have a main event that may be one of the most talked about debuts in the history of Lucha Underground. Mistico is making his debut in the Temple tonight, gentlemen.

Matt Striker: If you are not familiar with who Mistico is. He was the original Sin Cara in the WWE. Touted by many as the most electrifying to come out of Mexico since Rey Mysterio Jr., we finally see him enter the Temple against Tony Deppen tonight.

Don Callis: That may be true but right NOW we have a match that's about to start. First things first, Matthew.

ayi9EDAt.jpg
vs
1Y7Jrkit.jpg
Chavo Guerrero
Mance Warner

The crowd begins to boo as Chavo Guerrero is introduced. Chavo wears an angry scowl on his face as he comes to the ring. The announcers explain how Chavo is under increased scrutiny from Lucha Underground promoter, Dario Cueto, since his season debuting loss to Tony Deppen a few weeks ago.

The mood suddenly changes as Mance Warner, the Southern Psycho Path from Bucksnort, Tennessee is introduced. Clad in denim jeans and work boots, Warner plays to the crowd as he makes his way to the ring. Matt Striker explains how Warner is a bare knuckle brawler that is no stranger to wild, out-of-control street fights.

As Warner rolls under the bottom rope, Chavo springs forward and begins stomping him before the referee can begin the match!

Don Callis- “ Chavo understands that he does NOT have room for errors in this match. It could very well be his LAST match here in The Temple if he doesn’t pick up a win here tonight. Word from my boss is that Dario had to be talked into giving him another chance.

Both of Callis’ announce-mates inquire about who his mysterious boss is, but the sly former manager dodges the questions and focuses on Gurerro’s ferocity as he plants his boot on Warner’s windpipe and presses down! The official steps in and has to forcibly remove Chavo, but Chavo angrily shoves him away and goes back to brutalizing his downed opponent with more stomps and kicks.

Chavo uses eye pokes, foot chokes and low blows to hurt Warner and keep him on the defensive. With his obvious experience advantage, Guerro shields the referee’s view from his most heinous rules infractions, but Warner feels the effects of Guerrero’s ill gotten offense and is forced to roll under the bottom rope and to the floor to get some relief.

Chavo attempts to press his advantage and take the brawl to the outside, but Warner manages to block a wild punch from his opponent and quickly ram his head into the ring apron.

Vampiro- “ This ain’t where Chavo wants to be now, guys. Warner has made his bones throwing fists and knocking people down on concrete. Chavo needs to get back in the ring NOW. Believe me on this.

Almost on cue, Warner pulls Chavo’s hair and slams his head into Dario Cueto’s office wall. Chavo stumbles away awkwardly, but as he does Warner LEVELS him with a running lariat that leaves him sprawled out on The Temple’s floor. Warner holds his arms up triumphantly and plays to the crowd as the referee implores him to bring the action back into the ring.

The match eventually finds its way back into the ring, but Warner is dominant for the rest of the match. Chavo tries to blunt Warner’s momentum with rope breaks and using the referee for cover, but Warner works around Chavo’s rule breaking and keeps pressing his advantage with slams, haymakers, knee lifts and a reverse atomic drop that leaves Chavo convulsing in pain.

The match ends when Warner almost decapitates Chavo with a lariat and collects a quick pinfall.

Winner- Mance Warner via pinfall ( 4:18 )

StK1nh1l.jpg

rUj8Font.jpg
kn1Mo7Kt.jpg

Ivellesse makes her way through the shadowy halls of The Temple. Passing under the single light bulb lamps that faintly illuminate the hallway, she suddenly comes face to face with a smaller female wearing a skull bandanna over his nose and mouth. The pair freeze and eye each other warily for a few seconds before Diamente lowers her mask.

Ivellesse visibly relaxes as she recognizes the person standing in front of her.

Ivelisse- “ GIRL…. You scared me. Why are you creeping around back here? This is not the place you want to be without a good reason. Ya know? “

Diamante-I debut tonight, Chica. I gotta make money too. You aren’t the only girl with bills.

Ivelisse smiles and nods knowingly.

Ivellesse- “ I understand that better than anyone. You just need to know…. (hesitantly) Dario is not someone you can trust. You make your money and get out. Trust me on this. If he gets leverage on you… it's not good.

Diamante- (concerned) “ What does he have on you? You can trust me. You know that.

As Ivelisse begins to answer, Lucha Underground promoter Dario Cueto steps into the shot and startles the pair.

7oUP1RJt.jpg

Dario Cueto- (with a devious smile) “ Ladies, welcome to my temple. I trust you are both doing well? “

Both women share a knowing look before answering.

Ivelisse- “ We are fine, Dario. What do you want?

Cueto seems hurt by Ivellesse’s tone and clutches his chest as he answers.

Dario Cueto-My dear… you wound me with your words. I am simply inquiring about two of my favorite fighters. What is wrong with that?

Diamante… I trust you are ready to debut tonight. I have quite the opponent for you. If you win, it will not be the easiest five thousand dollars you’ve ever earned. I can assure you.

Diamante swells up with pride before answering.

Diamante-I think I can handle whatever you throw at me, Mr. Cueto. Believe me on this.

As Diamante speaks, Ivelesse gets a worried look on her face. Cueto seems to smile at her discomfort. As Diamante speaks, Matanza Cueto steps out of the shadows and stands menacingly behind his brothers. His shoulders heave up and down as he breathes heavily.

C1MWdwPt.jpg

Dario Cueto- “ Oh, I have no doubt you will do fine. Now… Ivellisse I need to speak with you. Would you please come with me and my brother to my office?

Diamante attempts to speak in opposition, but Ivellesse quickly holds up a hand to stop her. The pair share a look for a few seconds before Diamante finally nods and steps aside.

Ivellisse- “ Sure, Dario. Let’s go.

Dario and Matanza brush past Diamante in the crowded hallway and walk into the darkness. Ivellesse takes a deep breath, steels herself and follows the pair as Diamante watches with a look of concern.

The scene shifts back to The Temple where the house band, Tope’ Suicida jams for a hyped crowd. Callis appears smug as Striker and Vampiro speculate on what Dario Cueto is holding over Ivellisse.

Don Callis- “ Gentlemen, gentlemen… I have some inside knowledge and would like to cease any more speculation. We really need to get back to work.

Matt Striker- (curiously) “ This ‘inside knowledge’... is it something you can share with us so we can make heads or tails of this situation, Don?

Don Callis- (patronizingly) “ I’d love to off-line, Matt. This isn’t for general consumption.

Vampiro- (annoyed) “ Of course it isn’t. Why would it? “

k2q8PJXt.jpg
vs.
GMg2Q5Bt.jpg
Gringo Loco
Puma King

The camera zooms towards the top of the ramp as the house band plays… Gringo Loco out to the crowd. The large red-headed luchadore from South Detroit comes out dancing for the crowd as they cheer on the effort.

Gringo Loco plays the role of a fun technico as Matt Striker gives the crowd his broad indy background and his experience wrestling overseas. Callus refers to him as a “never was”, but Vampiro sticks up for his ‘ginger brother in arms”.

Vampiro- Seriously, bro. I’m ride or die with this, dude. I’ve gone into some locker rooms of other promotions where shit was sketchy and I had some heat. Y’know what? One guy had my back. One guy stood by my side every time and vouched for me. … It took balls. Believe me, Gringo Loco is the real deal, guys. I love this guy.

As Callis appears to retort, PUMA KING is introduced. The masked luchador comes out with a very guarded posture. Rather than embracing the crowd's cheers, he glances around coyly and quickly makes his way to the ring.

He steps on the ring apron, but instead of entering the ring… he shimmies upside down along the top rope all the way to the turnbuckle. In one smooth motion, Puma King transitions to the sitting position in the second turnbuckle with his feet and arms resting on opposite turnbuckles!

Gringo Loco laughs at his opponents antics and shrugs them off to showmanship as the crowd begins to boo. Loco takes the center of the ring and extends his hand. Puma King stares at the extended appendage for a few tense moments before grasping it. Cheers suddenly turn to boos when Puma King suddenly throws a back-kick to his opponent's exposed midsection!!!

The match takes on a very traditional lucha libre match with Puma King taking the role of rudo and using shortcuts and cheating to gain every ill gotten advantage he can get. Gringo Loco fights his way back each and every time, until Puma King uses an eye poke or rope choke to derail his offense.

Vampiro points out that both men are just over 200 pounds and marvel at their strength and athleticism. Callis scoffs a little, but plays along with attempts to be complementary to some of the “B-tier” talent.

The mood in The Temple shifts considerably when Alberto El Patron comes down to ringside and sits down next to the fans. The announcers question where he found a random folding chair just lying around backstage as Gringo Loco takes control of his match by countering a hurricanrana with a falling sitout powerbomb that shakes the ring!

Much to the delight of the crowd, Gringo Loco manages to springboard to the top turnbuckle and execute a spinning falcon arrow that knocks the wind out of Puma King! Gringo Loco goes for the cover. 1…2…3!

Winner- Gringo Loco via pinfall ( 5:23 )

As Gringo Loco has his hand raised, Alberto stands and joins the crowd in their applause. Gringo Loco soaks up the positive vibes and decides to celebrate with some more dancing; much to the announcer’s and most of the crowd’s delight.

QYCo0VKt.jpg

As the fun starts, El Patron climbs the ring steps and enters the ring. Gringo Loco celebrates for a few seconds more before realizing who is in the ring with him and backing away warily. Alberto, for his part, holds his hands out wide to show he means no ill will.

Alberto El Patron- “ Hey! Hold on, my amigo! I don’t mean any harm… Seriously, you just won a good victory. Congratulations! Seriously….”

Alberto extends his hand for a handshake as Gringo Loco warily looks towards the crowd for their approval. The announce team points out that with El Patron’s past history; it is no wonder it is a very mixed reception from the Faithful of The Temple.

After a few tense seconds, the two men shake hands. As they do, the tension drops and El Patron sincerely congratulates Gringo Loco on his victory. During the whole exchange, Callis reminds everyone listening how untrustworthy El Patron is and dives into his legal history.

Alberto El Patron: “ My friend, I do not want to rain on your parade. You just won a nice purse beating a luchadore from a a great family…I’m sorry to do this, but-

Patron’s face hardens and he stares intensely towards Dario Cueto’s office. The crowd begins to stir anxiously as the tension builds.

Alberto El Patron- “ DARIO ! DARIO!!!!! I NEED TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!!!!!

The crowd in The Temple cheers excitedly at the promotion’s most controversial wrestler calling out Lucha Underground’s matchmaker. Gringo Loco’s brow furrows as Alberto turns his attention away from him. Alberto El Patron stares intently as Dario emerges from the door.

7oUP1RJt.jpg

Dario Cueto almost appears bored as he saunters out and glances around at the crowd. With a confident smirk, he raises a microphone to is lips

Dario Cueto- “ Are you calling me out, Alberto? Do you really think that's wise? Really?

Alberto has a tight smile as he carefully steps forward and leans on the top rope.

Alberto El Patron- “ My apologies, jefe. You are a hard man to get in touch with. For a few days, I thought you may be… ignoring… my calls. I wanted to be direct. I hope you can understand.

Patron stares at Cueto intensely for a few tense seconds as Dario ponders his words. Dario Cueto arrogantly shrugs and smirks before answering

Dario Cueto- “ I AM a busy man. Maybe you’re right… I’ve been busy with business all day. I wouldn’t waste my time taking a call from the likes of you.”

The crowd gasps in excitement at the insult. El Patron controls himself by staring away and recollecting himself before coldly resuming his staring contest with the promoter.

Dario Cueto- “ You want another match with my brother, eh? You think I’m just going to unleash him again so you too can try and kill one another? Is that what you think, Alberto?

Alberto El Patron nods solemnly while maintaining his intense gaze. The crowd cheers wildly at his response; their enthusiasm briefly annoying Cueto.

Dario Cueto-As much as I would love to make this match and end this nonsense, you have to EARN a rematch with Matanza. This last match was costly. Do you understand how many doctor’s bills I had to pay for the security you two injured as you tore into each other?

Alberto nonchalantly shrugs before excitedly licking his lips and loosening his neck to break the tension. He struggles to maintain control, but brings the microphone to his lips.

Alberto El Patron: You said you wanted blood. Make up your mind, jefe. I can end your brother MANY different ways. I can cripple him. I could take his right arm home with me. I could choke him out… Let’s be clear your brother tried to FILET me, Dario. I returned that attack in kind.

Dario Cueto ( angrily) - “ Say what you want. I tell you what, if you want a match with my brother DEFEAT Gringo Loco and Puma King in a THREE WAY DANCE next week!

As Alberto turns to look at Gringo Loco, he is blindsided by Puma King! The attack takes El Patron off his feet and Puma King seizes the opportunity to stomp away on him. Gringo Loco stares at the attack in shock for a few moments before finally intervening and shoving Puma King away when he begins choking El Patron with his foot.

The crowd cheers as Gringo Loco protectively stands over El Patron as Puma King gazes over at the pair in surprise. For a few seconds the pair stare intently at one another before Puma King skulks out of the ring. As Gringo Loco helps Alberto to his feet, Dario Cueto storms back into his office in disgust.

1Y7Jrkit.jpg

The scene shifts to the locker room where an excited Mance Warner sips a longneck as he counts his winnings from earlier in the night. He cackles excitedly as he tips his head back and finishes his current drink. He carefully folds the bills in his hand and stuffs them in his front pocket before opening another beer with a smile. A voice off-camera startles the Tennessee native.

RoRFRNvt.jpg

Willie Mack- “ I’m not trying to get in ya business, Mistah. This place really ain’t a place where you need to be flashing cash. Lots of bad people run’n around such. Ya feel me?

Mance stares incredulously at Mack before taking another pull from his beer and responding.

Mance Warner- “ That may be, Big Dawg, but do I look like someone that seems overly concerned about bad people? I’m a pretty bad mah-self. Do you FEEL me, on that?

Willie Mack gives Warner a skeptical look and shrugs before attempting to walk off. Warner immediately drops his guard and attempts to stop him.

Mance Warner- “ Now hold on now. Hold on, Big Dawg. It don’t need to be like that. HAVE A COLD BEER! Here…take one of Ole MAncer’s cold beers.

Warner holds out an unopened longneck as Mack turns toward him. Willie Mack stares at the beer for a few moments before ultimately deciding to take Warner up on his offer. The big man opens the bottle and takes a drink before smiling and thanking Warner.

Mance Warner- “ Well all right. That's something we CAN chew the fat about, Big Dawg. Ole Mancer came out here to Boyle Heights to make money and drink cold beers. I see what you’re saying about some of the boys walking round here, but there ain’t nothing that an ole bottle upside the head can’t fix.

Willie Mack smiles and takes another swig from his beer before wiping his mouth with his arm and speaking.

Willie Mack- “ If you want to make some scratch. I’ve got an idea.

Mance Warner (smiling)- “ Penny for your thoughts.

Willie Mack holds his beer up for a toast with a big grin on his lips. Warner clinks his bottle against Mack’s. The scene fades to black as Mack begins to speak.

The band plays the show back to The Temple where the broadcasting crew are speculating on what Warner and Mack are planning. Striker tries to keep the discussion professional and speculates maybe the pair could work as a potential tag team, but Callis openly blasts the idea. He points out that neither man is known for their wits and both have vastly different backgrounds. Vampiro begins hinting around about the obvious racial tension before Striker uncomfortably shuts the whole segment down.

kn1Mo7Kt.jpg
vs
DYJbc49t.jpg
Diamante
Sexy Dulce

Diamante comes out to a good reception from The Temple’s faithful. She looks energized and works the camera for a few moments before she rolls into the ring. Stiker informs the crowd at home that Diamante has won numerous championships in various territories across the United States.

The hot crowd suddenly quites as the announcer announces her opponent… SEXY DULCE!

The announcers are shocked when the luchadora formerly known as Sexy Star comes out without her signature mask and blonde hair! In place of fans and elaborate ring gear, she wears MMA style ring gear with taped wrists and bare feet!

Matt Striker- “ This fierce competitor has not competed in the ring in almost FIVE years! “

Don Callis- “ Because no one would book her. “

Matt Striker- “ Well, there is a story behind that-”

Vamperio- “ She tried to rip her opponent's arm off. No one would book her after. She went into MMA and choked her next opponent out…. No one has seen her since. True story.”

Matt Striker- “ Well, yessss and no. It’s all of that, but this woman is definitely NOT the Sexy Starr we remember from 2014. Back then she was an inspiration. She was respected-”

Don Callis- “ She is now a ruthless bitch that has been blackballed from the industry; sort of like Alberto El Patron. Allow me to enlighten you and everyone watching…The Temple is a place of violence and blood. My benefactor understands that. Dario obviously understands it. Lucha Underground isn’t looking for role models. It isn’t looking for athletes. It's looking for fighters and people that want to get paid to inflict suffering. Sexy Dulce has proven she can do both.”

Dulce rolls under the top rope and takes the center of the ring with a confident air. Her MMA style ring attire and blonde hair make her look more like a UFC women’s fighter than the colorful luchadore that The Temple used to love.Not backing down, the shorter Diamante steps right into the center of the ring and engages in an intense stare down with her opponent. The pair exchange words and the tension heightens as the opening bell rings.

The Temple is silenced when Dulce throws a straight forearm that drops Diamante to her back. The camera zooms in to see Diamante's eyes roll back in her head as she attempts to stand. As the referee steps in to check on her, Sexy Dulce throws a few sharp kicks to Diamante’s side that jolt her awake.

As Diamante attempts to roll under the bottom rope to get some time to recover, Dulce cuts her off and uses a Thai clinch to fire some hard knees to her unprotected face and torso! The announcers are frantic and excited as Diamante takes more damage from some savage kicks and elbows strikes. Diamante manages to break away, but stumbles away on shaky legs.

Vampiro- “ The referee needs to look at stepping in and stopping this match. Can Diamante defend herself? “

Matt Striker- “She’s trying…I’m not sure how effective it is, but she’s trying”

In the ring, Diamante manages to duck under a collar and elbow tie-up and throw a back elbow that catches Star on the chin. Sexy Dulce’s head snaps back and she crumbles to the mat. Diamante lies on her back in obvious pain!

The crowd and the announcers are on their feet as both ladies begin a slow race to get to their feet first. Both ladies rise unsteadily and shake their heads violently to clear the cobwebs out. Diamante makes it to the upright position and sprints into the ropes to build momentum. Sexy Dulce stands but is immediately floored by a charging Diamante!

The match shifts gears as Diamante takes control and uses her superior speed and aggression to score points with her offense and keep her taller opponent on the defensive. Despite her aggression, Sexy Dulce is never in danger of being pinned or forced to submit. She absorbs a lot of damage, but eventually spins away from a turnbuckle charge and allows Diamante to crash face first into the turnbuckle!

The quickly crawls to a slower pace as Sexy Dulce attempts to use her superior ground fighting to end the match with a variety of arm locks and chokes that Diamante manages to stave off with her determination and a few timely rope breaks.

The match has a surprise ending when Dulce goes for a suplex, but is snagged in a surprise small package that catches everyone off guard! The referee counts three as Dulce frantically attempts to kick out!

Winner: Diamante (via pinfall 12:46 )

As Vampiro and Callis argue the ending and why the match ended so suddenly, a frustrated Sexy Dulce attacks Diamante from behind as the referee raises her arm! After pushing the official away, Sexy Dulce mounts Diamante and drops some huge punches down on her defenseless victim.

rUj8Font.jpg

Diamante takes some damage before Ivelesse runs down from the dressing room! Seeing Diamante’s friend sprinting towards the ring, Sexy Dulce bails out of the ring and cockily waves at Ivelisse as she checks on her friend's condition.

Fade to black​

White Rhyno

Reaction score
uCkF6zy.png

7oUP1RJt.jpg
Dario Cueto
Promoter​
p612T79t.jpg
adzhYFQt.jpg
Jo2VZSmt.jpg
Don Callis
Commentary​
Matt Striker
Commentary​
Vampiro
Commentary​
QYCo0VKt.jpg
ayi9EDAt.jpg
C1MWdwPt.jpg
2FQrSEmt.jpg
3WzpPmdt.jpg
Alberto El Patron

Record: 0-0-1
Earnings: $0
Chavo Guerrero

Record: 0-2-0

Matanza Cueto

Record: 0-0-1
Tony Depen

Record: 1-0-0
Earnings: $5,000
Black Taurus

Record: 0-1-0
STPI0R7t.jpg
VVkEddMt.jpg
ARsrUqHt.jpg
whPFseIt.jpg
AjH47dht.jpg
Dax Hardwood

Cash Wheeler

WHYnDM

Record: 2-0-0
Earnings: $10,000
GRONDA

Record: 0-0-0
Bad Dude Tito

F7ttSY1t.jpg
DYJbc49t.jpg
rUj8Font.jpg
kn1Mo7Kt.jpg
62yPbZ4t.jpg
Jessamayne Duke

Sexy Dulce

Ivelesse

Diamante

Psycho Clown

hUvdaTat.jpg
8UdOKIut.jpg
RoRFRNvt.jpg
k2q8PJXt.jpg
GMg2Q5Bt.jpg
Drago

Areo Star

Willie Mack

Record: 0-0-0
Gringo Loco

Puma King

1Y7Jrkit.jpg
Mance Warner

Last edited:

Stojy

Reaction score
Glad to see a new post in here. I've just caught up on the shows I had yet to read and much like the first show, they were quite enjoyable. The El Patron angle and the use of Bray (cbf typing his name the other way tbh) are highlights so far, but I think you are doing a fantastic job of making everything seem like a big deal. The women's shine on the most recent episode was really good, and you've definitely got me interested in the Warner/Mack stuff as well. From a show and angle perspective, I feel like you're really delivering so far.

I do like the idea of tracking their earnings as money seems to be the end motivation for most here. A cool little something to set this BTB apart from others. I'm wondering if at some point Cueto will introduce financial penalties when people do shit he doesn't want them to (ie when Bray ruined his first match by getting his crony to attack his opponent beforehand). Again, really enjoying this so far mate.

Reactions: Death By Looch

White Rhyno

Reaction score

uCkF6zyl.png

Matt Stryker:Hello and welcome to the Temple anddddd… LUCHA UNDERGROUND! Streaming to you on AMAZON PRIME! I am your host, Matt Striker. Joining me at the commentary is the wrestling genius……, DON CALLIS!"

Don Callis: “ Thank you for once again for setting the table, Matthew! I am Don Callis ANDdo I have a scoop for you tonight….you see tonight I know for a FACT that the Triple A tag team champions will be competing against a Lucha Outlaw Tag Team that you may not have heard of, but will never forget. Trauma I and II are here tonight to engage in an unsanctioned fight for TEN GRAND! Welcome to Luncha Underground…(deep bow)... you are welcome.
NOW! At the other end of the table is THE dark icon both in Mexico and here in Boyle Heights. The man that lit the fire here… VAMPIRO!

Vampiro
(smiling) - “ Thank you, Don. What you just announced is unbelievable , but lets not forget our main event. Tonight we have a three way dance booked from on high by our mysterious benefactor herself. Or so I’ve been told.. “

Don Callis: “ Who, pray tell, told you that?.

Vampiro
(smiling even broader) - “ I’ll have to tell you off-air, my guy. My sources, as you know, mean the world to me.

Don Callis: (raising his eye brows skeptically) “ I’ve always admired your principles.

Matt Striker: “ If I may cut in gentlemen; we still have a show to do….So tonight here in Boyle Heights….. smack dab in Southern California……. The Temple welcomes our newest house band Los Asenos Negro they play us out!!.”

The camera cuts to a band decked out in black and red lucha libre masks and black suits playing Santanna inspired rock. A lead guitarist in sugar skull make-up plays a twelve string guitar solo that revs up the crowd even more.

tBbH2Utm.jpg

rUj8Font.jpg
7oUP1RJt.jpg

Ivellesse sits uncomfortably in Dario Cueto’s office. It is obvious by her fidgeting and angry look that she does not want to be there.

The oily promoter sits casually across from here. The red bull statue on his desk glints in his desk lamp’s light as Dario reaches for the decanter beside it and pours himself two fingers in a whisky glass. He points the decanter at Ivelisse.

Dario Cueto- “Would you care for a glass, my dear?

Ivelisse- “ No thank-you.

Cueto takes a sip and takes a few moments to savor it before responding.

Dario Cueto- “Suit yourself…I called you to clear some things up. I think its time to address the elephant in my temple?

Ivelisse shakily smiles and nods meekly.

Dario Cueto- “You came to my Temple with your boyfriend quite a while back. You won some matches. You made some money. Do you remember?

Ivelisse- “ Dario we both-.

Dario Cueto- “No, no, no…It is a simple question. Please…answer it. Do you remember?

Ivelisse- “ I remember.

Cueto takes another sip of his drink and squints his eyes as he speaks

Dario Cueto- “Good, because I think you have forgotten WHY you came here. Understand my dear, that thing you were running from has found you. You thought you could run across the country and people would forget.

Ivelisse- “That's not true.

Dario smirks and finishes his glass. He closes his eyes and savors the last swallow before carefully setting the glass down on his desk. Cueto thoughtfully begins to drag his finger around the rim of is class for a few tense moments before speaking.

Dario Cueto- “ Miami is here, my dear. She has not forgotten. She has not forgiven your debt. You are safe by my benevolence. Do you understand this?

Ivelisse- “Don’t do me any favors, Dario. Tell that Bruj-

Dario Cueto
(holding his hand up to silence her)- Be careful what you say and understand this one thing…. This is business. She understands that. I understand that. You NEED to understand it. You can make money or you can go the way of Chavo Guererro. Let me worry about HER. You need to worry about getting in that ring and making money. Ok?

Ivelisse stands up defiantly and crosses her arms. She stares down in contempt for a few tense moments.

Ivelisse- “ Fine.

She turns on her heels and storms out of the office as Cueto shakes his head in annoyance and laughs ironically to himself.

The fired up crowd cheers as Los Asenos Negro playing out Trauma I and Trauma II. The masked indy luchadores jog down the steps of the Temple and enter the ring with grim determination. The pair briefly warm up and discuss strategy instead of playing to the crowd. Vampiro feeds the crowd watching at home more info about the pair’s history and their reputation for Extreme Lucha.

Callis is flippant and points out the pair have never main evented a major promotion. He explains while the pair are huge hits at fiestas and bars they are not in the same class as FTR.
FTR appears at the top of the Temple’s stairs and plays to the crowd.The pop from the crowd interrupts Callis mid tirade and allows Striker to dive in and start giving the crowd listening at home reminders that this match will have 10,000 dollars going to the winning team.

STPI0R7t.jpg
VVkEddMt.jpg
vs.
yRiQBSgt.jpg
RpEmHpQt.jpg
Dax Hardwood
Cash Wheeler
TRAUMA I
TRAUMA II

As FTR begin their descent down the stairs to the ring, TRAUMA exits the ring and charges their opponents! The two teams begin brawling on the staircase as the crowd around them go wild!!!!! Both teams brawl to the Temple floor and around the ring. All four wrestlers slam one another into the ringpost, the crowd barrier and even the announce table as they attempt to take each other out before the match even begins!

The match eventually finds its way back into the ring, but the match continues with a back and forth pace as both teams fail to build much offensive momentum. Trauma I and II have an early advantage being aggressive and more reckless, but FTR’s expert team work soon finds gaps in the masked pair’s defense and inflict massive damage with their Shatter Machine double team move and a Hart Attack clothesline that would have led to pinfalls if it weren’t for the timely saves from the other partner.

The match ends when Wheeler hops off his perch on the second rope and the pair spike piledrive Trauma I into the mat. Hardwood goes for the cover. 1…2…3 !!!!!.

Winner- FTR via pinfall ( 6:18 )

Don Callis: “ And the inevitable victory finally happens. I’ll give TRAUMA credit they hung in there and survived longer than I thought they would. It isn’t much of a compliment, but they really had no business being in the same ring with the greatest tag team walking the planet right now. “

Vampiro - “ They may be, but let's not be disrespectful. “

Don Callis:
(backing off)My apologies, Vampiro.

Matt Striker: “ Well it looks like we have some company!!!!!

1Y7Jrkit.jpg
RoRFRNvt.jpg

The crowd explodes as Mance Warner and Willie Mack appear at the top of the Temple!!!! Both men play to the crowd before directly pointing their attention to the victors standing in the ring.

Willie Mack- My my my…. That was impressive gentlemen. Me and my friend Mance here was watching there in the back and I gots to say you two impressed us. You boys can go..

Mance Warner- (curiously) “ Which makes me wonder…..dramatic pause…. What would you boys think about showing me and ole Willie here a thing or two next week in that ring?

Don Callis- (patronizingly on commentary) “ You can’t say ‘dramatic pause’, idiot. “

Both members of FTR scowl and nod at the challenge; much to the crowd’s delight. As they do, Warner and Willie Mack high five one another and celebrate with the Temple’s faithful.

StK1nh1m.jpg

The camera pans across an empty locker room until it rests on Dario Cueto as he enters the room with an annoyed look on his face. He surveys the area with a look of veiled disgust before suddenly closing his eyes in annoyance. He takes a step back and holds his hands out as if to keep someone at bay.

7oUP1RJm.jpg

ayi9EDAt.jpg

Dario Cueto- “ Just stop, Chavo. Not right now.

Chavo Guererro
enters the shot cautiously and meekly walks up to Cueto.

Chavo Guerrero- “ Dario, I’m sorry to bother you, but I’ve been calling and-

Dario snorts in disgust and glares at Chavo as Matanza Cueto appears in the hallway behind his brother and ominously enters the room. The masked man quivers with excitement as he slowly inches toward Chavo.

C1MWdwPt.jpg

Guerrero takes a cautious step backward before Dario calmly places a hand on his brother’s shoulder and guides him back to a spot beside him. Even after taking a moment to stare intently at his brother, Dario still looks away in annoyance before he addresses Chavo.

Dario Cueto (icely)- I’ll call you, Chavo. Go before I turn him loose.

Chavo wavers for a moment before swallowing hard and standing his ground.

Chavo Guerrero- “ I’ll do what I have to do to get booked.

As Chavo shakily prepares to defend himself from the monstrous Cueto brother a gloved hand appears on his shoulder. Clad in a red top hat and clothed in a jet black suit with dark ruby accents, WHYnDM (Bray Wyatt) laughs slyly as he struts around the nervous wrestler and stares directly at Dario Cueto.

ARsrUqHt.jpg

WHYnDM- “ Now dear Chavito… if you are willing to make deals I’ve got one or two up my sleeve for you. Why do you want to get eaten alive by this man? Live to fight another day, mi amigo….

WHYnDM trails off as he stares at Dario Cueto for a few awkward seconds. Matanza’s fingers begin to twitch excitedly as he struggles to remain planted by his brother. The elder Cueto purses his lips and seems to ponder what to do next.

WHYnDM suddenly snaps his head toward Chavo and brings his nose inches from his cheek; that sinister grin still painted on his face.

WHYnDM- “ Chavo…that beat will EAT you, son. You just run along with my friend now…We’ll make a deal with you after I deal with this business with Dario here, okay? Now go let Gronda escort you out.

whPFseIt.jpg

The demonic GRONDA appears on the opposite side of the locker room and menacingly looks Chavo up and down before extending an open hand. Chavo recoils slightly before WHYnDM gently presses the silver skull handle of his cane into the center of his back and carefully pushes him towards the masked demon.

After initially pushing back, Chavo eventually relents and slowly walks toward Gronda. As he gets closer, Gronda places his free arm around Chavo’s shoulder as Bray smiles eagerly and turns his attention back to Dario.

Dario Cueto- “ That poor bastard.

WHYnDM- (feigning sadness at Cueto’s words for a brief moment before resuming his smile) “ You have no idea. I had no idea you were such a humanitarian. It looked like you were about to sick your rabid brother on him there for a moment.”

Matanza growls and takes menacing steps forward before Dario places his hands on his chest and pushes him back.

Dario Cueto- “ STOP! Both of you. This is not what I need right now.”

WHYnDM casually turns his back to both men and casually leans on his cane before slowly walking around in a lazy half circle to face them again. As he faces them, his smile has evaporated. It is now replaced with a blank stare. The eccentric wrestler cocks his head and stares intently at both men; his gaze shifting to the faces of both men with a strange intensity.

WHYnDM (in a flat cold voice) - What do you need, sir? I am here at your summons.

Dario narrows his eyes and reassuringly places his palms on his brother's chest to calm him before turning around to face Lucha Underground’s most eccentric competitor.

Dario Cueto- “ Be prepared to compete next week. You will be in a very special match, I think. After all…. You were so creative the last time you competed, I figured you would be perfect for what I have in mind. “

WHYnDM- “ What you have in mind………. Very well.
(tightly nodding with that intense stare)...next week then.”

WHYnDM slowly walks out of the room with his cane held casually over his shoulder as Dario and Matanza Cueto tensely walk him stride away.

The show returns with the winner of this season’s first match, Tony Deppen arrogantly playing to the crowd as they boo him and his antics. Their ire and venom only seem to amp Deppen up as he doubles his efforts to be obnoxious as he makes his way down the steps towards the ring.

All three announcers make remarks about Deppen’s apparent anger issues and agree he needs to focus on his upcoming opponent. Matt Striker is the lone announcer that eventually puts forth the theory that Deppen is actually motivated by jeers and boos and performs better when the crowd turns against him. Shockingly, Callis agrees with him!

As the announcers all agree, the house band plays a traditional mariachi dirge before Lince Dorado appears to a thunderous pop. The electric luchadore plays to the crowd as Deppen melts down in the ring and hits the top rope with unbridled frustration.

Deppen is so incensed it takes a few moments for the match to start because the frustrated heel won’t let Dorado into the ring!

2FQrSEmt.jpg
vs.
x0UhiyOt.jpg
Tony Deppen
Lince Dorado

The match begins and Deppen aggressively attempts to impose his will on Dorado, but the cagey luchadore avoids all of Deppen’s attacks and stifles any grappling attempts he tries to initiate. Thai frustrates Deppen who quickly bounces into the ropes and FLATTENS Dorado with a running shoulder block.

Rather than press his advantage, Deppen arrogantly flexes and taunts Dorado before playing to the crowd for a few obnoxious seconds as Lince Dorado scrambles to his feet.

Lince Dorado quickly attempts to surprise Deppen, but the wily heel baits his opponent into running into another stiff shoulder block that flattens him again. This time Deppen attempts to press his advantage but finds his legs swept out from under him! Dorado uses his momentum from his leg kick to kick up to his feet!

Deppen deftly rolls to the corner and cautiously stands as Dorado hops away to the center of the ring and calls for Deppen to re-engage as the Temple’s faithful applaud the early action.

The rest of the match is a very strong showing from Tony Deppen as he controls the pace of the match and continually keeps Dorado pressed on the mat, against the ropes and into the corner to negate his speed and agility advantage. Deppen targets Dorado’s left leg in many of his attacks (mostly legal offense with occasional use of the ropes to do extra damage to some stomps).

Dorado fiercely tries to break way and create space, but his limited mobility and Deppen’s expert strategy keep his offensive moments few and far between and grinds the match down to a snail’s pace.

Much to the delight of the crowd, Dorado manages to steal a quick win when an overconfident Deppen mistimes an Irish Whip and allows Lince to convert the attempt into a short-arm clothesline that turns Deppen inside out! Dorado goes for a quick cover as Deppen frantically kicks his legs in a weak attempt to kick out! 1…2…3! Dorado’s lightning offense helps him gain a quick win!

Winner- Lince Dorado via pinfall ( 8:23 )

The Temple cheers as the official raises Dorado’s hand in victory as Deppen rolls to his knees and shrieks in frustration. As the referee attempts to leave the ring, Deppen roughly grabs him and confronts him about his performance in this past match. Roughly jabbing a finger in the referee’s chest, Deppen backs him into a corner before Dorado intervenes and roughly pulls him back towards the center of the ring.

Deppen angrily begins chastising Lince Dorado. Jabbing an angry finger in Dorado’s direction to punctuate every angry word, Deppen has a short tirade before storming out of the ring. The crowd cheers at his distress as Dorado looks at the whole episode with disdain and shock.

M80ibK1m.jpg

whPFseIt.jpg
ayi9EDAt.jpg

ARsrUqHt.jpg

The scene shifts to the locker room where Chavo Guerrero stands alone in a dark back room with GRONDA. The devil calmly stands by the obviously nervous Chavo as he fidgets and paces back and forth. Chavo almost seems relieved when WHYnDM walks into the frame and firmly places his hand on the 3rd generation star’s shoulder and stares intently into his eyes.

WHYnDM- (almost whispering) “ I need you to take stock of yourself, Senor Guererro. I understand this is a very difficult time, but I need you to look around and take stock of the situation. Do you understand? “

Chavo Guerrero- “ Sure.

WHYnDM smiling and sadly shaking his head.

WHYnDM- “ I’m not sure you do. You see… all men reach a point in life where they must make a very simple choice. Do you choose the devil on one shoulder or the angel on the other? It seems very simple when an angel can get the job done… How many angels do you see floating around this place, Chavo?

Chavo Guerrero sadly shakes his head no and curses in Spanish as WHYnDM warmly rubs his shoulder.

WHYnDM- “WE all have our choices to make, Chavo. Please….take your time and make yours.

Gronda slowly walks out of the shot as WHYnDM begins whispering in Chavo’s ear as the camera fades to black

The band plays the show back to The Temple where the broadcasting crew are speculating on what WHYnDM has planned for Chavo. Vampiro is worried about Chavo’s soul, but Striker questions if Chavo hasn’t already sold his years ago.

The crowd comes alive as Gringo Loco makes his entrance to the Temple; much to the crowd’s delight. Lucha Underground’s trio of announcers talk about Gringo Loco’s recent support of Alberto El Patron in and outside of the ring. Both Vampiro and Callis are adamant that Loco’s faith in El Patron is misplaced and will wind up hurting him in this match.

As Puma King is introduced to a mild reaction and makes his way down the steps that lead to ringside, the commentators continue to explain how Alberto’s obsession to get a rematch with Matanza Cueto is a dangerous thing. Callis fears for both Puma King and Gringo Loco’s safety because of El Patron’s dangerous submission game.

Alberto El Patron finally comes out to a good reception from The Temple’s faithful. He looks focused as he acknowledges the crowd and conducts a quick warm up before heading to the ring.!

k2q8PJXt.jpg
vs.
GMg2Q5Bt.jpg
vs.
QYCo0VKt.jpg
Alberto El Patron

The Temple is silenced for a moment as the referee prepares for the opening bell to signal the start of the match.

The pair of Gringo Loco and Alberto El Patron quickly jump Puma King and assert their dominance early before quickly spinning away from the downed feline luchadore and grimly squaring up on one another.

Nose to nose, the pair speak intensely to one another for a few tense seconds before they begin trading stiff forearm shots! The intensity of the exchange signals to everyone watching that no quarter will be given in this match and creates an intense atmosphere.

The almost twenty minute match features a breakneck pace where all three men attempt to steal quick victories and land big maneuvers and slams in an attempt to put one another out of commission.

High points in the match include:

+ Gringo Loco getting his head stuck in the ring ropes (via Mick Foley 1991) and struggling to regain his breath and escape as Puma King floors El Patron with an enziguri!

+ Gringo Loco landing a moonsault from the top rope that floors both Alberto El Patron and Puma King!

+ Alberto El Patron getting a near pinfall after stomping Puma King’s chest from the top rope. Gringo Loco narrowly broke up the pin attempts with a stiff falling forearm to the back of El Patron’s head.

The end of the match sees some amazing double team work as Gringo Loco whips Puma King into a springboard kick from El Patron that appears to knock the rudo out. El Patron shows his wrestling expertise as he manages to use Gringo Loco’s momentum against him and catches him with a mid-air cross-armbreaker! The pair land in the center of the ring with El Patron firmly controlling Gringo Loco’s wrist and extending the arm perfectly! After a brief struggle, Gringo Loco quickly taps out!

Winner: Alberto El Patron (via submission 18:03 )

As Alberto stands and struggles to regain his breath, Dario Cueto enters the Temple via his office door. As Alberto has his hand raised in victory, Dario arrogantly smiles and applauds along with the crowd as they cheer El Patron’s victory.

Dario Cueto- “ Alberto…that is a very impressive win. I must say, you look as good as ever.

El Patron skeptically looks at Cueto and staggers over to lean on the top rope to regain his breath.

Dario Cueto- “ All these people… I look at them and just smile at their ignorance. They look at you and see a man on a mission of redemption.”

The crowd boos intensely as Cueto pauses to let Alberto take in his words.

Dario Cueto: “ I know you though. I know who you are. You know who you are, Alberto. So let’s not kid ourselves here. You are just as much of a killer as my brother. You are a devil. El Diablo….that's you.

Alberto nods wearily at the promoter's accusation and shrugs his acknowledgement.

Dario Cueto- “ In that spirit, I’ll give you what you want. You can have a match with my brother next week.

The crowd cheers at the announcement as El Patron raises his hands triumphantly in celebration, but Cueto continues.

Dario Cueto- “ Also in that spirit… my brother will team with our newest devil here at the Temple, WHYnDM to face you in a handicap match! “

The announcers go ballistic as the crowd in the Temple explode in a chorus of boos!

Vampiro - “ They will kill him. Alone he can go toe to toe with either of them...but those two are killers.

Don Callis: “ Dario knows how to close bad deals. I'll say that.

Matt Striker: “ I think thats the point.

El Patron drops his head in disappointment as Cueto smiles triumphantly as the show goes off the air!!!

FzXw8mVm.png