Luc Besson Says ‘Lucy’ Sequel Unlikely

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Looks like Scarlett Johansson tops out at 100% brain capacity

Director Luc Besson said he is unlikely to make a sequel to his hit sci-fi action thriller Lucy, despite various requests, as it didn’t really suit the format of the movie.

â€￾I don't see how we can do one. It's not made for that,â€￾ he told local media in Taipei, where the movie is set and where he was promoting the film. “If I find something good enough, maybe I will, but for now I don't even think about it.â€￾

The movie has grossed nearly $170 million worldwide, and Besson said Universal had enquired about him doing a sequel.

Besson said the timing of the movie towards the end of the summer gave it a boost, as it appealed to audiences tired of franchises and sequels, offering instead something “totally weird and strange.â€￾

Lucy stars Scarlett Johansson as a woman who inadvertently ingests a drug that gives her extraordinary mental abilities.

Besson's EuropaCorp made the R-rated Lucy for a reported $40 million. Morgan Freeman also stars.

The movie caused a stir in self-ruled Taiwan, which is often overshadowed in the movie stakes by the much-bigger Mainland Chinese market, even though arguably the most successful Chinese director of all, Ang Lee, is from Taiwan.

Local media reports have made much of the way the film is set in various landmarks around the city.

Besson said the city “felt like homeâ€￾, although while he was shooting in Taipei in October he reportedly canceled some scenes because of a media frenzy, and strongly criticized local and Hong Kong paparazzi for interfering with the shoot.

So the movie did well and they have no plan for a sequel...... what a concept.