Logan Matthews Interview Recap

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
IN YOUR HOUSE RADIO(TM) was lucky enough to have IWF star Logan Matthews in studio for this week. He talked about his feud with Nick Dannon, his time on the indy circuit, and even shared some road stories.

IYHR: Thanks for joining us Logan.

Logan: Thanks for having me. I listen to your show on the road. You just gotta do something about this security man. That security guard that looks like Burt Reynolds almost didn't let me bring my titles through.

IYHR: Well to be honest, he's been telling us all week how much he hated that we booked you for the show. Looks like you've been doing your job out there with getting heat.

LM: That's the kinda stuff we love. If we can meet someone out there, someone who doesn't read the internet news sites, who don't learn about wrestlers' personal lives, the ones who watch it because they enjoy it. We love that stuff. To be able to get real heat with fans is something that's almost unheard of now. You hear the stories about fans stabbing Freddie Blassie and stalking the Horsemen, you don't get that anymore. No one has tried to stab John Cena. Not that he'd sell it, but that's beside the point.

IYHR: Oh, is there a little bit of heat between you and Cena?

LM: No, John's a good guy. We were signed to OVW at about the same time. We weren't travel partners or anything like that, occasionally John, Randy (Orton) and I would be working a show and we'd drive up together but it wasn't a regular thing.

IYHR: Any good road stories with those two?

LM: Nothing really. I'm probably gonna get an angry phone call from Randy over this one but fuck it, it's too good. I'm gonna preface it with this, there is a picture out there on the internet of Randy Orton standing behind an arena smoking a joint, ok? The guy got suspended over weed in the WWE a few years back. I'm just making up some bullshit story to make the guy look bad. So, Randy, John and I were driving up for a show together. John was driving, Randy was shotgun, I was in back. Now, as some fans know, I do occasionally smoke weed, I used to be really serious about it for a while though, so we're driving up and I broke out a joint. Randy and I were passing back and forth since John's never even tried the stuff. We get about half way through this thing and we pass a Highway Patrolman going 90. We see the flashing lights and everyone starts freaking out. So I take this joint, this fucking half joint, throw it in my drink and down the fucking thing before the cop gets to the window. We got a warning and few miles down the road we had to stop so I could puke.

IYHR: Wow, you really undersold that story.

LM: Well yeah, it makes me look like an ass! [Laughs] Why would I wanna tell that?

IYHR: I'm sure our fans will be happy you did share. While on the topic of our fans, over on our forums there was a particularly legendary thread about your famous goatee.

LM: As insane as it sounds, I actually saw that. My cousin's little son called me up and said "Logan, you gotta see this, I'm on a forum and they're debating about your goatee." So he sent me the link and I took a look, pretty good stuff.

IYHR: So, can you settle the debate once and for all? What do you do to get a goatee as glorious as yours?

LM: Well, to start with, I feed it a steady diet of carrots and oats. I pay a woman to come by 3 times a week to groom it, brush it's coat, all that stuff. When I do trim it I use warm shaving cream and a straight razor. It's all about the diet though.

IYHR: Some posters are gonna have bragging rights for a while. You just supported a few theories.

LM: I actually hadn't thought much about it until I read that stuff. I just picked the stuff I liked, ya know, the stuff that made me laugh the hardest and kinda threw it together into an insane explanation.

IYHR: So, since you've admitted to lurking on our forums, any other message boards you lurk on?

LM: God yes. I love WrestleCrap. I've been a member of the boards for years. I love to go into the threads bashing me and join in the fun. I dunno, I guess I'm weird. Right after I won the two titles, there was a 30 page long rage thread. Guys were saying horrible stuff about me. I just laughed and even made a few posts bashing myself. It's kinda gratifying in a weird way, ya know? You've made someone care so much about any small detail of what I do that they feel the need to start some debate over whither or not I should be a champion or if I should be a good guy or not. These guys are just so passionate, I love it.

IYHR: That's basically the flip side of the fans you were talking about earlier.

LM: Exactly. These internet fans, they care so much and a lot of them know their shit. These guys aren't the ones who still buy into the kayfabe world. They actually care enough to go out and hunt down our old work or watch our old promos on Youtube. Who read our Wikipedia bios and listen to every interview we do. These guys care not really because of the stories or angles, they just love the matches and promos. It doesn't matter if anything we do furthers a feud as long as it's done well. There are some guys whose ring work and mic skills are so good that these fans can over look the stupid stuff or rage if the stupid stuff is legit hurting a guy's career.

IYHR: I think you're one of the few guys who has ever spoken favorably of the IWC. Since you like them so much can you settle another IWC debate of the moment? What did that video on the last Monday Night Mayhem mean?

LM: It meant exactly what it said. I've left the Coalition. I'm done with Vino and all that stuff. I'm fighting against the Coalition, trying to force em out.

IYHR: But just you? C'mon man. Even with you being as tough as you are, that's a lot of guys.

LM: Oh, I'm not coming alone. I've made a few calls, made a few deals. I'm not coming alone.

IYHR: But...you can't tell us who it is.

LM: Exactly. Just watch, it's all gonna start happening next week.

IYHR: One could assume that. You're coming back next week. Any surprises for us?

LM: There's a few surprises. I can't really say anything. I'm sure Wrestlezone will have a spoiler about it. We've all kept very quiet. Codenames on e-mails and booking sheets, we don't anyone to see this coming.

To hear the MP3 of the interview or read the entire transcript please subscript to IN YOUR HOUSE RADIO(TM)!