Live WWE WrestleMania Discussion Thread - Saturday April 1st & Sunday April 2nd 2023

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I dont think the problem is people don't like Giants, is that your putting one of you biggest draws in Brock vs him on the biggest show of the year. That's throwaway booking, you could do that match on RAW

It's like you said, you have like Kenny Omega only wrestle 4-6 times a year on ppv and you make him go vs Satnam Singh at All Out. Usually, you don't waste your big stars on these types of throwaway matches on ppv.

And yeah I understand your other points, but none of those apply to me or make me want to watch, so I guess they are not relevant (to me)
*uses his special contact to TK to get this booked on the next marquee*

• Haha
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I wasn’t blaming Vince lmao. I’m just saying it’s shitty booking. I don’t care who’s booking it.
Did I exactly say you on that point?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I also think it's a little foolish of us to just discount giants and whatnot as not being attractions in the pro wrestling scene. People like Omos and like Santam Singh and the like enamor people. A kid that sees a person who towers over another grown adult they are amazed by it. Despite what the hell they can do in that ring. Andre the Giant didn't do shi in the ring but he was a huge deal back when he was alive and YES it was back in the 80s but he would have still been a big deal now in pro wrestling. Aside from that, if a kid sees a man the size of these giants get beat by someone that they tower over they're even more amazed.

This might be random (which yes, but it still has attachments to Bobby) but it still isn't something I would label as being bad booking for WM.
No one is arguing giants aren’t an attraction. The argument it makes no sense from a booking standpoint. You don’t just straight up cancel a 4 month storyline and then book some random ass match that has like four weeks of build.

Reactions: Y2Jayne

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I don't think OldJay was talking about any user in particular, moreso saying to be careful not to simply blame Vince for bad booking, which I actually agree with him in principle even if I said this feels a bit like Vince booking. He also gave some alternative reasons why HHH himself may have decided to book it. I appreciated his response, it was well thought out even if I don't agree with all of it. I wouldn't take it as any sort of attack or mockery of anyone elses opinionn

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I don't think OldJay was talking about any user in particular, moreso saying to be careful not to simply blame Vince for bad booking, which I actually agree with him in principle even if I said this feels a bit like Vince booking. He also gave some alternative reasons why HHH himself may have decided to book it. I appreciated his response, it was well thought out even if I don't agree with all of it. I wouldn't take it as any sort of attack or mockery of anyone elses opinionn
Like I said I don’t think anyone was blaming Vince but just saying that this booking is bad lmao. That’s why I don’t know why he shifted the convo over to Vince. I just want my damn Brock Bobby rubber match :lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
well, he quoted MY post, and I had mentioned the booking looking like Vince....

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Definitely not an attack on anyone. I'm just saying I can understand why this match in particular is being booked for WM. If this match was booked on EC I'd be more like, 'WTF". But it's WM, these matches have constantly been on WM cards throughout the years. Furthermore, I don't think Lashley/Brock is canceled. Omos and MVP are certainly connected to Lashley in recent history and there can be things to further the story to lead into a Lashley/Lesnar match at Summerslam.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
so both of you don't need to be offended on my behalf :p , I knew exactly what Jay was referring to, it's also been a prevalent talking point on other platforms. SRS and Meltzer both talking about this exact point (vince booking) too so its not out of pocket for Jay to mention it as a talking point either imo

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
so both of you don't need to be offended on my behalf :p , I knew exactly what Jay was referring to, it's also been a prevalent talking point on other platforms. SRS and Meltzer both talking about this exact point (vince booking) too so its not out of pocket for Jay to mention it as a talking point either imo
Absolutely. It was definitely a reply to your post. But it's definitely not the first time I've heard it said in the internet wrestling world in the past few months. I've liked things HHH has done in the past few months, but I just don't think if he slips up on booking shit the internet should act like he isn't fallible with his job and it's just his father-in-law gaining traction in a power play.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Absolutely. It was definitely a reply to your post. But it's definitely not the first time I've heard it said in the internet wrestling world in the past few months. I've liked things HHH has done in the past few months, but I just don't think if he slips up on booking shit the internet should act like he isn't fallible with his job and it's just his father-in-law gaining traction in a power play.
couldn't agree more, last thing we want is a weirdo every good is hunter everything bad is vince good cop bad cop thing. HHH isn't a perfect booker. Neither is TK. Neither is D'amore , Osagawa, GEDO etc. They all have their positive and negative traits, and they all shit the bed and hit home runs. this is the way. none of them are anywhere near as terrible or as godly as either extremes like to paint them as

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
couldn't agree more, last thing we want is a weirdo every good is hunter everything bad is vince good cop bad cop thing. HHH isn't a perfect booker. Neither is TK. Neither is D'amore , Osagawa, GEDO etc. They all have their positive and negative traits, and they all shit the bed and hit home runs. this is the way. none of them are anywhere near as terrible or as godly as either extremes like to paint them as
Wait....did you just crack the code and Vince McMahon has his hands in every wrestling promotion in the world?! :)

• Haha

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler