Live WrestleMania Night 2 Discussion Thread - Sunday April 7th 2024

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah but when they had the Rumble match just a couple years ago, Seth was getting all in Roman's head with Shield stuff and came out in the gear too. Roman got DQd that match bc he went nuts on Seth, he lost this match for the same reason. I don't think it's a reach that it was their intention

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I know that the main event is gonna get mostly all the credit and rightfully so but the way they did the opener too was absolutely fantastic. The way Drew was talking about Seth being too focused on the Cody stuff and it would cost him, only for Drew being too focused on Punk and it winds up costing him, fucking beautiful. The confused look on Punks face when the music hit, only to realise what was about to happen + the kiss he blew to Drews wife, shades of MITB 2011.

Main event was everything that I wanted. Even better was that they let them wrestle for what seemed like a good portion before they got into all the shenanigans. Undertakers pop was crazy but it took me until today reading it that he made sense because of Roman beating him at Mania. Still wish it was Austin though, that glass shattering and then getting one last face off with The Rock would have made the whole thing perfect for me. Fuck him if he was offered the spot and turned it down though. I was actually feeling proper nerves when the match was taking place, it was like I was watching my football team in a massive game or something, crazy. Overjoyed for Cody, incredible journey and payoff. Props to everyone who played their part in this 2 year journey, perfect ending to a great rivalry and incredible title run. Samantha Irvin, you're an absolute gem.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Yeah in the build to the Rumble Match, Roman told Seth that he’d never forgive him for what Seth did.

It was meant to be symbolic. And maybe it means Roman is finally moving on from that chapter of his life since he got some form of revenge

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Chris said:
Yeah but when they had the Rumble match just a couple years ago, Seth was getting all in Roman's head with Shield stuff and came out in the gear too. Roman got DQd that match bc he went nuts on Seth, he lost this match for the same reason. I don't think it's a reach that it was their intention
Yeah, gotta give credit where it's due. Whether it was the plan all along or just something that they came up with when planning this match, I think the Seth/Shield shit was very intentional and an excellent way of wrapping up 10+ years of history. The way that Rumble match was booked played perfectly into this booking. Very well executed.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Oh yeah that Bayley/Iyo match was fucking great too. Bayley did an incredible job of selling that knee because I swear I was jumping back and forth on whether she'd injured it at least a little bit. That reversal towards the end where Iyo like head planted up out of Bayleys move was :banderas:

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Oh yeah that Bayley/Iyo match was fucking great too. Bayley did an incredible job of selling that knee because I swear I was jumping back and forth on whether she'd injured it at least a little bit. That reversal towards the end where Iyo like head planted up out of Bayleys move was :banderas:
Definitely up there as one of the best women’s matches at Mania.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Didn’t Roman already hit Seth at the Rumble in the back?

So he just did it again at Mania :lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
guess who's back? back again

anyway I had to come back after this amazing weekend
starting out with Rhea and Becks...what a great way to start off and props to Becky wrestling in fishnets in 50 degree weather with strep and a 102 fever..Jesus she's a gamer
the Damage Control v Big Black and Beautiful was exactly what it needed to be. Hopefully Jade has improves cuz she's a star and that pin is something special

honestly didn't like the ending of the Rey match I get having Kelce do something at mania but man Dom needs to get a win over his dad

Usos match was exactly how I thought it would be
heatless and no drama really
not Jey's fault but Jimmy has been booked as a chump for so long it was just inevitable
also Lil Wayne did the impossible and made Jey's entrance suck

ladder match was a lot of fun, good to see the titles split and A Town Down Under get a chance with the belts. Was hoping for Bate and Dunne to get the other belts but I understand giving Truth his mania moment and I feel their reign will be fairly short

IC match was absolutely amazing both men did what they do to perfection. KO waiting for Sami at guerrilla was just a perfect touch. Glad Sami was the one to defeat Gunther. Interested to see how long before Gunther is holding the big belt

main event was a shit show as we knew it would be but the Seth destruction lead perfectly to what was to come in night two
bloodline rules bit them in the ass in night two so that was great
also props to the Rock for getting into ring shape and not looking to blown up after the match ( who knew working with Gallus would pay off so well?)

Night Two
started off amazing Drew was on point with this trolling and as much as I hate Phil he did exactly what he needed and it led to a great moment for Priest cashing in. Seth looked almost dead and by how he looked at the end of the night he def needs his time off...but hats off to him for carrying that belt and making it mean so much and being a true fuckin pro. Gotta give Seth all his flowers
here is my bold prediction JD as a whole might be swinging towards a face turn and Drew gets Gallus as his back up to feud with them... it's gonna be hard to get the fans to cheer Dom but I think if they get that switch to flip he's gonna be crazy over.

as soon as Bubba came out I knew Final Testament was fucked. The match was what it was. Kross just can't connect to anyone in any way I don't get it. B Fab may still suck but props to her for doing some nice spots

LA winning was never in question he's still fucking over as rover and he's the one to take the title off Logan

Logan winning wasn't a shock as I said above I think LA is the move...but one thing I do hope is that KO and Orton start tagging from this
those two are a lot of fun as a team

Bayley showed a master class in the little things...the way she consistently sold her knee is exactly what everyone should be watching...she's an exceptional professional wrestling...IYO looked great too her reign was very uneventful unfortunately but she has a lot of career left

Main event was perfection
as other have said in here the Seth Shield shit was so well thought out
Taker instead of Stone Cold was fine. I'd of much preferred a Goldust but obviously we know why that couldn't happen
Babies coming out and celebrating was an old school touch I have missed. It was just so well done.

very well done Trips best Mania top to bottom in a while

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP