• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Live WrestleMania Night 1 Discussion Thread - Saturday April 6th 2024

Dale

Super Moderator
Only negative I have is the whole Uso/Uso match, what an absolute hot load of garbage that was. For a match that was built well and I thought had the potential to the best match of the weekend, this was straight up garbage.

Slightly puzzled on them having Rhea retain, not sure I get the thinking behind it. Has me intrigued but also a little worried on whether this might be it for Bex.

Loved the main event though with Rock being the egotistical boss making it so we had all the shenanigans. One little gripe, thought they might done blood with Cody to play on the whole thing with The Rock in the buildup. I guess technically they can still do it Night 2 but part me of thinks they won't want anything to do with that when they hopefully make him champ and want all the videos and pics. I like that Cody took the fall too as to not make Seth look like a massive chump losing back to back matches.

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Quite the hot first night. I wouldn't put this Mania in the Top 5 of all time yet, but it was a very strong show. ...but this also scares me, that they once again will drop a lot in momentum and quality over the following weeks, as it's almost the usual with them, especially when they had a good Mania.

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Quite the hot first night. I wouldn't put this Mania in the Top 5 of all time yet, but it was a very strong show. ...but this also scares me, that they once again will drop a lot in momentum and quality over the following weeks, as it's almost the usual with them, especially when they had a good Mania.
See I didn't think it was great at all minus Tag ladder, and Sami vs. Gunther (which was alright not my fav) and rock match did what it needed) rest was sort of meh. I think s & d was much better. Dale said it on s&d page show reminded me of nxt b&g days.

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Well I didn't see NXT, but I believe you guys.

I was just enjoying the show overall and had nothing but minor gripes with it... and for me and a WWE PPV these days, that's rare, so I might have overrated it a bit.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Having two Philadelphia eagles support at ringside would have made sense of we'd seen them already and earlier in the match there was some face off at ring side between Dom and them . Instead we got two giant luchadors, which was kind of exciting at first until McAfee started saying they look like legends. I'm not a big NFL follower so I had no idea who they were but for commentary. I guess for some fans in the arena they wouldn't have the commentary, so any non NFL following fans from outside US may have been like "who the hell is this?" Honestly feel like Escobar and Dom deserved a little better after such a strong year. 3/10
The only thing I'd have done differently is maybe have them front row and have Dom get in their face first.

Live most of us had an idea who it was pretty quick. The masks made sense as Jason Kelce wore a lucha mask when he was celebrating his brother (the guy dating Taylor Swift) winning the Super Bowl. And he is arguably the most famous person to play his position in NFL history.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Well I didn't see NXT, but I believe you guys.

I was just enjoying the show overall and had nothing but minor gripes with it... and for me and a WWE PPV these days, that's rare, so I might have overrated it a bit.
Yeah the NXT PPV was definitely better than Night 1 overall. The NA Championship match was amazing.