SmackDown Live Live SmackDown Discussion thread, March 17th 2023: Warriors clash for Intercontinental Title opportunity

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ETE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
J1K3xhn
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
kane
While WWE is in danger of dropping the ball with Sami (history suggest so if nothing else) and they'd be fools to not let Sami have some kind of Main Event run from all this.

We've gotta see the return of Main Event Jey Uso as well. He's been absolutely killing it for months and months now. He's got to have something come from all of this as well.

Its why I just cant get on board with Cody, he feels shoe horned and forced into this when there's so much history and momentum with Sami and Jey taking on Roman which will likely be pissed away.

AguileraSZN

Notorious Smartass
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
While WWE is in danger of dropping the ball with Sami (history suggest so if nothing else) and they'd be fools to not let Sami have some kind of Main Event run from all this.

We've gotta see the return of Main Event Jey Uso as well. He's been absolutely killing it for months and months now. He's got to have something come from all of this as well.

Its why I just cant get on board with Cody, he feels shoe horned and forced into this when there's so much history and momentum with Sami and Jey taking on Roman which will likely be pissed away.
WWE dropping the ball?

Surely not

From Samsung Galaxy A13 4G

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

There's still plenty of juice left in the Bloodline story though, it doesn't just end if Cody beats Roman.

Reactions: BSE and Butters

AguileraSZN

Notorious Smartass
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
There's still plenty of juice left in the Bloodline story though, it doesn't just end if Cody beats Roman.

Heard they might rush Breakker to the main roster to face Roman.

Via IPhone XR

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Bloodline gotta end with Jey beating Roman at either Summerslam or Night of Champions. 3 full years

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
After last night it's 100% Jey going over Roman at some point. It's what should play out. Sami's story is what is happening. I love these story, I thought I didn't want KO and Sami to hug it out even though the crowd chanted for it. But, damn, when they did. It really struck a chord with me. This entire bloodline/Sami/KO story is absolutely the most emotionally involved I've been in a storyline for a very long time if ever.

Reactions: BSE

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

ETE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
J1K3xhn
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
kane

There is and there isn't. If Reigns is dethroned already and the Bloodline is crumbling it means less if thats when Sami gets to go over Roman, and even less again if its after that, that Jey gets his comeuppance on Roman from 2020.

I like Cody and I like his story, but I just have zero interest in him feuding with Roman. Feels too much like classic WWE where they push aside the organically over Wrestler in favour of someone they hand picked.

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
I don't think Sami goes over on Roman. I doubt Roman wrestles again after Mania until Summerslam which will be against Jey.

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Believe me when I say this, what I type next I have zero qualms with it happening. But holy shit isn't it crazy that we'd be fine with a Jey Uso Universal title reign?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Up against stiff competition, last Friday's WWE SmackDown averaged 2.258 million viewers on Fox -- their lowest audience for the show since January 20th and the second-lowest to date in 2023.

The number was down 2.7% from the previous week.

The show finished fourth for the night among network TV shows with a 0.59 rating in the 18-49 demo -- down 6.3% from the previous week but essentially the same as what the show has done three of the last five weeks.

Coverage of the NCAA basketball tournament dominated both the network and cable charts with two live games and the pre-show for the second game finishing above SmackDown on the network charts. The three games that went head-to-head with SmackDown combined to average almost ten million viewers between CBS, TNT and TBS.

As compared to the same week in 2022 when the show also went up against the NCAA tournament, SmackDown was up 5.2% in overall viewers and 1.7% in 18-49.

The following are the last eleven weeks of overall viewership and 18-49 demo ratings for WWE SmackDown on Fox as well as the ten-week average in both categories. This week's show was down 5.1% in overall viewers and 1.7% in 18-49 as compared to recent averages.

sd-ratings.jpg