• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Live Royal Rumble Discussion Thread - Saturday January 27th 2024

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
IMG_4069.jpeg

:ShockToTheSystem

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
I wasn’t the biggest fan of those back to back Rock/Cena matches but I do like the parallels here.

I also think this is how Rock is gonna come into the picture. When Roman finally loses the championship, that’s when rock is going to challenge Roman for the head of the table cause Roman showed weakness.

Cody about to end the Roman empire.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
when Roman Retains. And The Rock has to beat him at SummerSlam. Cody wins three royal rumbles in a row. And then someone else finishes his story at Wrestlemania 2025

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
I saw it brought up before somewhere else but Cody really has been on that John Cena redemption path since losing at Mania last year.

This is his year he’ll do it.

Rosie

Dark Side
Krossrhodes said:
I wasn’t the biggest fan of those back to back Rock/Cena matches but I do like the parallels here. I also think this is how Rock is gonna come into the picture. When Roman finally loses the championship, that’s when rock is going to challenge Roman for the head of the table cause Roman showed weakness. Cody about to end the Roman empire.
But I'd argue may end up being excecuted a bit better. Since the narrative was "I lost to The Rock and it ruined my life." when Cena... main evented almost every PPV the previous year.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
But I'd argue may end up being excecuted a bit better. Since the narrative was "I lost to The Rock and it ruined my life." when Cena... main evented almost every PPV the previous year.
To be fair, he lost a hell of a lot of them however. Not all, but damn he lost a lot that year.

Rosie

Dark Side
Brandon Blaze said:
To be fair, he lost a hell of a lot of them however. Not all, but damn he lost a lot that year.
Beat Lesnar, only lost to Johnny Ace by being cocky and Big Show doing Heel Turn #913, beat Show again. Won MITB. Didn't lose clean against Punk on Raw 1000, didn't get pinned at Summerslam, double pin at NOC, Survivor Series, lost only due to The Shield, then time off, win the Rumble.

Rosie

Dark Side
I think if he lost clean a couple times (Like against Lesnar, against Punk) maybe even not main event some of those PPVs, then it'd at least fit the narrative a whole lot better.

Reactions: ETE

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Sky Tiger said:
Beat Lesnar, only lost to Johnny Ace by being cocky and Big Show doing Heel Turn #913, beat Show again. Won MITB. Didn't lose clean against Punk on Raw 1000, didn't get pinned at Summerslam, double pin at NOC, Survivor Series, lost only due to The Shield, then time off, win the Rumble.
That is something that annoys me a lot