• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Live Royal Rumble Discussion Thread - Saturday January 27th 2024

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Low key I wouldn't mind if jey uso is the Ironman of Rumble make it to final four eliminate his brother and get fucked over by jimmy

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
I’m so pumped for this show. I can’t decide if I’m more for Punk or Cody winning the royal rumble.

Maybe slightly more Punk so he’s guaranteed one of the main events, but as long as it’s one of them and they both get their title shots, I’m a happy camper.

Dale

Super Moderator
Punk winning wouldn't guarantee him a main event anyway but I do hope he wins. I wanna see the Cody breakdown in trying to get back to Roman for Mania.

Kross Rhodes

Punk winning wouldn't guarantee him a main event anyway but I do hope he wins. I wanna see the Cody breakdown in trying to get back to Roman for Mania.
You’d think it would with two nights. No real excuse anymore.

But yeah, Cody losing getting desperate to finish his story would be immaculate.

Cwalker

Rumble winners have gone on first before so him winning doesn’t guarantee the “Main Event”

But I’m with Dale, I want to see Punk win cause 1) it makes sense and 2) how tf are they gonna get to Cody/Roman then

Kross Rhodes

Rumble winners have gone on first before so him winning doesn’t guarantee the “Main Event”

But I’m with Dale, I want to see Punk win cause 1) it makes sense and 2) how tf are they gonna get to Cody/Roman then
I know of that, but that was single night WrestleManias, you have two main events now so if the royal rumble winner doesn’t get either you’ve completely lost the point of winning it, imo.

Cwalker

It also depends on the other stories.

If Rhea/Becky is a hotter angle it may go on last over Punk/Seth

Kross Rhodes

I’ve not watched in a few years, but does the winner not get to pick either champion anymore? Would the Raw winner have to face Seth?

Cwalker

I’ve not watched in a few years, but does the winner not get to pick either champion anymore? Would the Raw winner have to face Seth?
No they could pick Roman.

Most people just assume Punk would pick Seth since they’ve been building it since the night he came back

Kross Rhodes

It also depends on the other stories.

If Rhea/Becky is a hotter angle it may go on last over Punk/Seth
I’d just think it would be terrible booking if you have two nights and the rumble winner doesn’t get either.

Also, I mean Seth/Punk I’d assume is the second hottest match here. Most people are talking about Seth/Punk and Cody/Roman.