Raw Live Raw thread, November 21st 2022: Asuka and Rhea Ripley dig into the trenches for WarGames advantage

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
it's pretty simple, Omos fucking sucks and should not be giving Gargano Ls this early. Obviously a large portion of the internet fanbase is going to call that terrible. People tend to expect big signings not to lose on a random episode of RAW. I don't really think it's unrealistic for Gargano to be booked competently in the mid-card. Omos match should have never happened even if it ''made sense in the story'' . wins and losses still do matter to a lot of people especially when the guy is still getting his feet wet. nobody gives a fuck about an Omos victory either so it doesn't do either guy any favors other than show Gargano can carry anyone in a match.
Well you’re not wrong lol

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
He also lost to Bum Ass Corbin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah idk what they even want to do with Omos. Like they already had him lose to Braun which proved he wasn’t the best giant in WWE so now they’re getting him back on track by having him beat Gargano?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah idk what they even want to do with Omos. Like they already had him lose to Braun which proved he wasn’t the best giant in WWE so now they’re getting him back on track by having him beat Gargano?
ya and for very little heat and not on a ppv or anything. as I said above, I don't watch but I don't see how this elevates any of the performers. hell you could have had Johnny win by DQ and it would have been better lol just have Miz hit him with something. after it was looking like he might outwrestle him. then at least the story is gargano is a great wrestler, omos is a monster and miz is a douche. I'm noticing a lot of 50/50 booking creeping in on raw :francis

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Well they’re mad he lost in general but he definitely shouldn’t be beating Omos. I just don’t think people want him to be taking L’s yet but it made sense storyline wise that Miz would back out and get Omos to take his place.
Forget this match happened and fast forward to 2 months from now where Gargano has wrestled and won every single week. I guarantee you they would still be complaining the exact same as they are now because he lost.

Like you said, it all makes sense story wise and I thought that's what people have been clamouring for the longest time.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
so your counter argument is to just assume that people would feel the same 2 months from now even though part of problem is it's too soon? sound like you've already just made up your own mind your ok with him losing. going to make a bold claim and assume Dale isn't exactly a fan

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Forget this match happened and fast forward to 2 months from now where Gargano has wrestled and won every single week. I guarantee you they would still be complaining the exact same as they are now because he lost.

Like you said, it all makes sense story wise and I thought that's what people have been clamouring for the longest time.
Well it’s a two way argument. I understand both sides lol. I definitely can see why people wouldn’t want Gargano taking L’s this early into his main roster run but I can see why Miz would do something like that so it’s a hard call.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Well it’s a two way argument. I understand both sides lol. I definitely can see why people wouldn’t want Gargano taking L’s this early into his main roster run but I can see why Miz would do something like that so it’s a hard call.
I get both sides too and would be annoyed if it was just a random Omos/Gargano match with no Miz involvement or mention but clearly that didn't happen.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I get both sides too and would be annoyed if it was just a random Omos/Gargano match with no Miz involvement or mention but clearly that didn't happen.
You mean...how Omos won clean as a whistle? Very confused what point you're trying to make :heston

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Gargano stinks and should be putting over guys who outweigh him by 200 lbs. Shoud've never even gotten as much offence he got.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Wow that new theme for Gargano is one massive downgrade

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Theory really should have been using Ataxia since last week

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Of course they had to kill Alpha Academy's momentum with a random team.