Raw Live Raw discussion thread, September 18th 2023: Ricochet goes one-on-one with Shinsuke Nakamura

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
imo Bronson Reed winning is the right call...but the issue comes with the fact he also will never be pushed and its always on off booking with him - so this will be both a set back for Chad and a meaningless win for Bronson

ETE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
J1K3xhn
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
kane
I mean yeah but that’s how you book it. Who else are the opponents supposed to face?

Yeah, nothing wrong with this. It’s how heel stables are meant to work. Baby faces get wins and can be built up without having the big bad heel losing.

imo Bronson Reed winning is the right call...but the issue comes with the fact he also will never be pushed and its always on off booking with him - so this will be both a set back for Chad and a meaningless win for Bronson

I could unfortunately see Reed getting pushed, seems like HHH is high on him for some inexplicable reason. But yeah the problem is Gables really hot right now and in all likelihood this is just a meaningless win for Reed that does nothing but set Gable back. Even when Gable gets his win back, who cares. All he’s done is go from a fun feud with Gunther to wasting time with a guy who can’t get over.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I mean, I think there is good reason, Reed is awesome in the ring, dude beat Okada. But he's been there for a while and it's pretty hit or miss with the push. I think at best he's a monster of the week in WWE

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Considering that was the last ever McMahon Raw and what SmackDown delivered I had higher hopes for this Raw. But it was just a rerun episode, same shit we've seen forever on repeat.

Coming off the LA Knight feud I had high hopes for Miz's immediate future, and granted being a long term Miz fan I should know better, the guy doesn't get pushed, particularly in the HHH Era. But I'd hoped at least one person backstage had seen what Miz had delivered in the Knight feud and thought he was worthy of a push instead he's left off TV altogether.

Seeing guys like Rollins as World Champ and the Judgement Day all over the show and Miz not even getting on screen, Raws just this Wasteland of the blandest people getting pushed while anyone remotely entertaining is jobbed out. Case in point; Bronson Reed going over Chad Gable.
What’re you on about man lol. This Raw was really good. Sorry if Miz isn’t on tv. I like the dude too but the whole Raw wasn’t shit just cause Miz wasn’t on it :lol

ETE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
J1K3xhn
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
kane
What’re you on about man lol. This Raw was really good. Sorry if Miz isn’t on tv. I like the dude too but the whole Raw wasn’t shit just cause Miz wasn’t on it :lol

Those were seperate points.

It was a bad Raw because nothing happened other than the exact same stuff that happens every week.

ETE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
J1K3xhn
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
maryse