• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE NXT Live NXT February 27th 2024 Discussion Thread - NXT Champion Ilja Dragunov and Carmelo Hayes come face-to-face

Dale

Super Moderator
Wasn't expecting Spears at all but he's a good solid hand for the brand, would be very surprised if he ever made it to the main roster again. He'll fill a spot and help to bring on the younger guys while staying close to home while Cassie is pregnant. Good move for all parties.

Dale

Super Moderator
Few within WWE and the NXT talent roster knew ahead of time of Spears’ return, with one NXT Superstar even mentioning how some were in “complete shock” upon seeing him tonight. He was not listed on internal run sheets or documents heading into the show behind-the-scenes, outside of someone referred to as “quote man” appearing during Ridge Holland’s segment.

In terms of rehearsals, it was Shawn Michaels who played Spears’ role in the Holland segment earlier today to prepare for tonight’s show.

Spears was reportedly signed to a new deal to return to WWE NXT before the first of the three “Three Faces” cryptic vignettes aired.

He was hidden backstage before coming out tonight and upon making his return appearance in the ring on the show, was well-received coming through the curtain afterwards.​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
El Jefro Blanco said:
1. awesome that Spears is back 2. Hilarious people speculated Okada and Giulia but got Spears
not as bad as when I thougy those Scrypts vignettes were the Righteous and it ended up being Reggie

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
I didn’t realize he was gone from AEW but good for him on coming back. I dug him as Dillinger in his prior WWE run and I liked him in AEW, especially the accountabilibuddy stuff w/ Wardlow and him being MJF’s obnoxious sidekick.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
I didn’t realize he was gone from AEW but good for him on coming back. I dug him as Dillinger in his prior WWE run and I liked him in AEW, especially the accountabilibuddy stuff w/ Wardlow and him being MJF’s obnoxious sidekick.

Winter hat & suit jacket with no shirt Spears was a menace

Cwalker

The stuff with Wardlow was and him randomly assaulting people with chairs after Wardlow power bombed them 8 times was probably the best stuff of his career

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Holy shit Tye Dillinger is back, that was random as hell, I don't remember reading anything about him wanting to come back !
Hopefully his wife does too, and Billie :mark:

Chris

Dreams are Endless

TV RATINGS

570,000 viewers (P2+)
P18-49 rating: 0.16

LOWEST P2+ SINCE JUL. 4, 2023
LOWEST P18-49 SINCE AUG. 29, 2023

Competition note: NXT ranked #10 among cable telecasts for Tuesday in P18-49. Vanderpump Rules on Bravo was #1 with a 0.30 rating.

P2+ comparisons:
  • This episode vs. last week (616,000): -7%
  • This episode vs. trailing four weeks (641,000): -11%
  • Current 2024-Q1 P2+ average (661,000) vs. 2023-Q1 (606,000): +13%
  • Current Feb 2024 P2+ average (622,000) vs. Feb 2023 (586,000): +6%