• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Live Music

Vivido

Aside from Wrestling my love is live music(and music in general)

I try to get to as many gigs as I can, I've seen a few pretty big name rock acts and I'll get to those as this thread gets underway.

I'm talking international acts here and I'd like to know what are Best and what are the Worst gigs you have been to.

Also what big name acts have you seen live in concert?

Rated R Superstar

I've seen Metallica, AC/DC, GNR(Only like 5 minutes before Axl decided to be a douche and walk off stage.) Three Days Grace, just saw Van Halen(AMAZING SHOW!) Disturbed, Linkin Park, Thousand Foot Krutch, Chevelle. Plan on seeing more, this was when I actually had money. :p

I'd strongly recommend seeing Van Halen if you can, best show I've ever seen! I personally wasn't a fan of the Disturbed concert I saw. It was good, but not the best. If you ever go to a GNR concert, do not go with extremely high hopes. I was right pissed at Axl for what he did at that concert.

Any recommendations would also be nice. :)

John McHenry

John McHenry
Ozzy, Lordi, Flyleaf, Static X, Korn, In this moment, Deftones, Saliva, disturbed, Lamb of god, bone thugs n harmony, tool, metallica, sammy hagar, drowning pool, buckcherry, Trace Adkins

Thats all I remember at the moment. We Left the metallica concert after the first song apparently my buddy was getting grouped by the dude behind him.

Best concert would probably be Trace Adkins surprising atmosphere and it got me laid.

Pete

Metallica - 4 times.
Slayer - Twice
Slipknot - Twice
Mastodon - Twice
Iron Maiden - Twice
AC/DC
Soulfly
Sepultura
Korn
Iggy And The Stooges

These were the main ones, I think. Most were at large-scale rock/metal festivals. I was gutted to miss the Sex Pistols and Green Day (the latter because it was in the peak of avian flu scares), and I missed Slipknot and Maiden a couple of times before finally seeing them.

Out of these, the best was undoubtedly AC/DC (WHAT A SHOW!!), followed by Metallica's Sick Of The Studio tour gig in 2007 (we got rare stuff like Orion, Am I Evil. Ride The Lightning, Disposable Heroes, and so on). The worst gigs were the ones I got stuck watching without wanting to, such as an A7X gig once. Also, a show I saw at a Student Union in early 2010 had THE worst cover band OF ALL TIME, so they rank up there as well.

McHenry, you left a Metallica concert? MIS-TAAAAAAAKE!

RRS, how were Three Days Grace?

Last edited:

rcoot93

Wow pretty impressieve lists the biggest band I've seen is probably Saxon, alos seen bowling for soup, lostprohets, less than jake and reel big fish

Vivido

I've had one chance in my life to see Metallica and there was no chance not even a death that would of stopped me from going, but it was not the greatest gig I've ever seen, the venue I seen them in wasn't meant to be apart of their Death Magnetic tour but an online petition broughtthem to Christchurch, so I quickly picked up tickets, they were amazing but due to the small venue(the reason it wasn't orginally part of the tour) they couldn't put on the full Death Magnetic show. Still very very good.

The best I've ever seen is Pearl Jam and I would give my left nut to see them again, turely amazing and Eddie Vedder is a sight to be seen, he gives out some kind of super vibe where he has the whole crowd focused on him. Closely behind PJ is Dave Grohl and his mates, The Foo Fighters know how to rock and seeing them was super. Muse had the best show I've seen and their light show was crazy, Matt Bellamy is another man with great presence. I've also seen GnR, Axel did take a long time to come on stage but once he did it was pretty good, although the whole time I was just thinking fuck I wish Slash was here. QOTSA, go see them, I seen them openning for The Smashing Pumpkins and they were great, had a ticket to see Queens again last year, but sadly the Christchurch earthquake struck on the tuesday before the thursday gig, bye bye venue. Ben Harper was the first big name act I seen in 02 and I'll always remember him as the man who made me realise just how much better music is live with a whole bunch of other fans to help appericate an artists talent.

I'm sure I've missed out quite a few acts so I may add to this later.

Pete

Your view on Metallica is pretty much mine about AC/DC. After literally 14 years waiting to see them (I was already into them, but too young, when they visited Portugal in 1995), there wasn't a chance in Hell I was going to miss that show. I remember stating, "even if the tickets cost 100 euros, I don't care, I will still go. No way I'm missing this concert." And I didn't, and it was the best night of my life so far.

Vivido

Yeah my Metallica ticket was fucking expensive, but I'd pay alot more than I did. Same with Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters, I'd pay alot of money, if I had it, to see them again, even if it bankrupted me. Fuck money when I can go to a gig.

Shaun

I haven't seen any bands live mainly because I have never been able to afford to but I'm going to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers in June and another band I like called the Wombats are supporting them so I'm really looking forward to it.

The Cork

Banned
Best was the Foo's/Prodigy at Milton Keynes last yr.

Worst was Hard-Fi in 2004 at Carling Academy, Birmingham.

Rated R Superstar

Metallica - 4 times.
Slayer - Twice
Slipknot - Twice
Mastodon - Twice
Iron Maiden - Twice
AC/DC
Soulfly
Sepultura
Korn
Iggy And The Stooges

These were the main ones, I think. Most were at large-scale rock/metal festivals. I was gutted to miss the Sex Pistols and Green Day (the latter because it was in the peak of avian flu scares), and I missed Slipknot and Maiden a couple of times before finally seeing them.

Out of these, the best was undoubtedly AC/DC (WHAT A SHOW!!), followed by Metallica's Sick Of The Studio tour gig in 2007 (we got rare stuff like Orion, Am I Evil. Ride The Lightning, Disposable Heroes, and so on). The worst gigs were the ones I got stuck watching without wanting to, such as an A7X gig once. Also, a show I saw at a Student Union in early 2010 had THE worst cover band OF ALL TIME, so they rank up there as well.

McHenry, you left a Metallica concert? MIS-TAAAAAAAKE!

RRS, how were Three Days Grace?

I have always loved their music, more so the pissed off teenager songs. The concert was actually pretty awesome, Adam crowd surfed and I touched his butt! :D

Lewb

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Foo Fighters x2
Journey
Foreigner
Dizzee Rascal
Lostprophets x3
Bullet For My Valentine x2
Trivium
Funeral For a Friend x3
The Blackout (Not so big but hometown band so probs like x10 or more)

I can't remember if any big bands are missing on here. :/ Turned down staying to watch Oasis for a lay. I now regret that badly.

Vivido

Oh yeah have seen Jack Johnson 4 times, he loves the chilledness of New Zealand, so keeps coming back, I don't blame him.

Had an offer of a free ticket to Foo Fighters on thier end of year tour last year, turned it down, it was in Perth, my friends that live over there miss me a bit, they offered me the ticket, a room, food, and even the flight ticket, I turned it down as it was to much to accept, they have just had a baby and I told them to spend the money on him. Possibly the wrong move.