• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lio Rush cleared to compete after injury, enters Rev Pro's British J Cup 2022

Chris

Dreams are Endless
fd2ttgtwibu53pp.jpg

Lio Rush is set to return to the ring for the first time in nine months.

The 27-year-old posted, "CLEARED" to Twitter on Thursday and was later announced as the fifth entrant into Rev Pro British J-Cup 2022.

Rush joins Connor Mills, Will Kaven, Leon Slater, and Robbie X as the confirmed competitors for the eight-man tournament.

The event takes place Saturday, October 22 2022 at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage, England. Minoru Suzuki vs Dan Moloney is also advertised for the show.

Rush hasn't wrestled since suffering an injury at PWG's Battle of Los Angeles 2022 on January 30. He was taken to the ER that night following his match with Buddy Matthews in the second round.

During an interview with Denise Salcedo in June, Rush provided further details about the injury.

"My shoulder went into my armpit and my arm was stuck. So I rolled to my back and I put my wrist kinda in-between my leg and I pulled and I popped my shoulder back. Once I got to the hospital, I was informed that in the process, I tore some muscles and possibly some ligaments. So I got an MRI and it showed that I tore three different muscles in my shoulder. I had to get surgery, so that was a lot to deal with. I immediately snapped into the mode of being angry and being so disappointed to it kinda being familiar because of my other shoulder injury. So it was like, 'Okay, I know what to do.'"

NJPW may be building to Rush challenging for Taiji Ishimori's IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship in the near future. Ishimori offered Rush a future title shot during a backstage promo released on Sunday. Rush defeated Ishimori in their only singles match to date at NJPW Autumn Attack on September 26, 2021.