• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Linsanity

CrimsonTide

I am seriously sick of the constant conversation of Jeremy Lin of the New York Knicks. I mean the guy has been impressive this season, but the 24/7 discussion of him on ESPN is insane. His coverage rivals Tebowmania and he plays 4 nights a week so there is sooooooooo much more to talk about. I really don't care when the guy farts, I don't need to see it on the bottom line on espn.

Anyways at the risk of being a hypocrite and furthering the conversation, what are your thoughts on Jeremy Lin and the Knicks?

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
He is the underdog that everone loves and he is a jesus guy...I dunno...I am sure it will die down soon enough

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

The Viper

I don't mind the coverage because it's probably giving the Knicks themselves much more publicity than Carmelo Anthony getting traded there last year.

And Jeremy Lin is an undrafted guy from Harvard. It's Linception, baby.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
I wouldn't say I am sick of it per se. At the same time though, it is annoying to see his name everywhere. Everyone (well almost everyone) loves an underdog story and he is definitely an underdog story. As Booty said, it will die down soon enough. Next year we will probably hear "what happened to Lin?"

then people like me will say, he can't finish with his left, and when you hedge him or go low on screens his passing accuracy drops, but, raw stats.... w/e.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Hear about the ESPN writer who got canned for using the headline "Chink in the Armor" after Lin's bad game? Funny but a dumb move

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Hear about the ESPN writer who got canned for using the headline "Chink in the Armor" after Lin's bad game? Funny but a dumb move

This whole controversy is dumber than dog shit. The phrase "Chink in the Armor" has been just this side of forever. It has no racial overtones, it's possible the editer thought it might be a fun play on words but I doubt there was any malicious intent.

[video=youtube;sCB_hvPSMWw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCB_hvPSMWw[/video]