• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John

4-0 to chelsea, thats why we deserve to win, because we are the very best in the premiership today. and arsenal and aston villa i think drew. good day of football in all and no injuries. all thats left to do is for me to watch southport (our local football team)

hbk4894

Reaction score
TRANSFER RUMOURS

Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole says he may quit the club at end of the season after being left out of the Carling Cup final side that lost to Tottenham last Sunday. (Sunday Express)

Meanwhile, striker Andriy Shevchenko has also spoken of his desire to leave Chelsea at the end of the season and return to former club AC Milan. (News of the World)

In fact several players are also considering their futures and are set to walk out of Stamford Bridge if manager Avram Grant stays at the club. Players said to be unhappy with the current regime are Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard Michael Essien and Ricardo Carvalho. (News of the World)

Whoever is in charge at Chelsea in the summer will be given money to spend, and the club are set to battle it out with Manchester United to land American whizzkid Jozy Altidore. (News of the World)

Chelsea are said to be keen on Brazilian teenager Thiago Carleto who is also wanted by Real Madrid. (Various)

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is eyeing up Villarreal keeper Diego Lopez who has spoken of his desire to play in England. (News of the World)

Juande Ramos is eager to bring Aston Villa keeper Scott Carson to Tottenham as he looks to replace current number one Paul Robinson. (Various)

Spurs are also keen on Real Madrid midfielder Esteban Granero who is currently on loan at Spanish club Getafe. (News of the World)

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill is hopeful of landing American keeper Brad Guzan in the summer. (News of the World)

O'Neil is also keen on unsettled Hamburg midfielder Rafael van der Vaart. (News of the World)

West Ham midfielder Mark Noble is a target for Arsenal who could lose Gilberto Silva and Mathieu Flamini in the summer. (News of the World)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will be give a £70m transfer kitty in the summer. (News of the World)

Derby's Scottish striker Kenny Miller is poised to make history this summer if, as expected, he joins Rangers. He would become the first player to make the switch from Rangers to Celtic and then back to Rangers. (Mail on Sunday)

Former Wales striker John Hartson has discussed the possibility of becoming the manager of East Stirlingshire. (News of the World)

Motherwell are ready to sell Fir Park and move to a new stadium. (News of the World)

Everton manager David Moyes admits he would like the chance to manage either Rangers or Celtic. (Sunday Herald)

OTHER GOSSIP

Arsenal striker Eduardo could sue Martin Taylor over the tackle that left him with a broken leg. (Sunday Express).

Wigan keeper Chris Kirkland is set to win a surprise second England cap against France this month. (Mail on Sunday)

Liverpool striker Peter Crouch has been given a take-it-or-leave it contract offer of £35,000. (News of the World).

Former England and Manchester United star, Teddy Sheringham, says he wants saving Colchester United from relegation to be his last achievement in football. (Mail on Sunday)

AND FINALLY

Sir Alex Ferguson has said that he would pick midfielder Paul Scholes 'on sentiment' if Manchester United reached the Champions League final. Scholes missed out on United's 1999 triumph through suspension. (Various)

phantomgerald

Chelsea do need a change of management. Grant is shite and the only reason Chelsea is still this good is because of Steve Clarke and the players.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^Don't you think Hent Ten Cate is doing a good job :p

You'd never see Rafa Benitez getting into fights with his captain...

phantomgerald

It disgusts me really. I think both parties have to be at fault. Ten Cate has to realise he's just a freaking assistant and Terry's ego is growing too big.

Switchy

Reaction score
I know you may think I'm a typical 'pool supporter constantly criticising Chelsea but how come whenever they lose they always start going mad. I noticed in the Carling Cup Final when the pressure was on them they were constatnyl complaining at the refs decision and once they lose the cup final all this is happening. I mean, christ, it's only the carling cup..

Wrestling Station

Thats true Phantomgerald.. Grant is just a prick. I dont think that he can handle star players and his way of play is just weak.

How many times the Defensive midfield + defense got alot of problems?! He always let Carvalho to attack and he cant even dribble the ball!!! wtf??
This just reduces the the number of defenders and a counter attack is probably to happen.

Last match for chelsea was a decent form, eventhough it was all depending on the star players and no such strong tactic by Grant!

phantomgerald

Yeah, and Chelsea needs a real disciplinarian. I'm a chelsea fan and I'm embarrassed by how they constantly surround the ref when a decision goes against them. I think Mikel is the main culprit then the rest of the guys follow suit. I don't know who they could bring in right now that can manage the team well though.

Wrestling Station

^Hitzfield imo. His contract will expire at the end of this season with Bayern, and Bayern already signed Klinsmann to take over.

Hitzfield has a strong personality and achieved alot with Bayern and Dortmond. By i think Hitzfield is going to manage Switzerland (but we so several managers before that manage a club and a national team at the same time).

Switchy

Reaction score
Well I could actually see Frank Rjikaard get sacked by Barca and replaced by Mourihno and thn have Rjikaard at Chelsea. It's either that or Steve McLaren you could have atm :p

phantomgerald

Hitzfield is going to manage Switzerland, and a club like Chelsea's stature, you can't have a coach doing two things at once. So he's definately out.

Not Rjikaard please!!! He's useless. Look at what he did to Ronaldinhno. You should motivate him and get him playing at his best. All he did was punish him and that didn't help.

Switchy

Reaction score
Lol, if I was a Chelsea supporter I'd rather have coaches that punish players than ones that get in fights with players. But on that note about Ronaldinho, although he isn't as good as he once was Messi is quickly taking his place which is something I credit Rjikaard for.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Leeds 1-0 Swindon. Get in there.

phantomgerald

I still don't rate Rjikaard as a manager though. Oh how I wish Mourinho was back.