• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lil Wayne Wraps ‘Tha Carter IV,’ Announces Release Date

phantomgerald

The spainish league is softer compared to the premier league. In england, you'll get kicked all over your shins and you get no protection from the referee. I won't pin my hopes on Aimar if I were you. And I don't think that they need Aimar anyway. What they need is 2 wingers and a good striker to complement Torres cause Kuyt obviously is not top 4 standard.

Switchy

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess we don't need Aimar thinking about it, he's not the player he was when he was at Valencia from what I've read today and I don't think he would be "key" to Liverpool's hopes of winning anything anyway. As for the wingers you were on about we could do with David Silva and maybe Van Der Vaart but if Benayoun continues to play how he is I don't think Benitez is even considering getting a winger to knock him iout of the starting 11 just yet...

phantomgerald

Van Der Vaart is apparently movieng to Juve, so maybe Liverpool can hijack the bid, he's a good player I wouldn't mind having at Chelsea. Silva is world class, the second best player in a mediorce Valencia side. I wouldn't mind if Chelsea bought either.

As for Benayoun, form is temporary, class is permanent, and I think his form will end soon. They have to replace Pennant as well because he's obviously not Liverpool standard. Maybe try signing Quaresma, or try Simao from Ath Madrid.

P.S Woodgate signed for Spurs. Wonder how they would fare with two injury prone English defenders.

Reaction score
benitez is a miser he will probably sign an unknown spanish left winger he had in charge when he was manager of the real madrid youth team.quaresma would be perfect but he would cost around 20 million mark.as for a striker luis fabiano or the striker from porto would be fine to me.but he will probably try to sign david villa or samuel eto'o this summer if hicks gives him a nice tranfer kitty.

phantomgerald

I don't think he's the miser, it's probably the owners. Hicks would probably give him ten million and ask him buy a new starting 11, because obviously they know nuts about soccer. If Pool get Villa, it would be cool. Spain's strikeforce playing in Pool. Good for Pool, good for Spain.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^Good for 'Pool, good for Spain, bad for England.

Everyone is already criticising that the Prem is too foreign as it is and as much as I would love to see Villa join Liverpool it wouldn't help England. I know I was for Aimar joining 'Pool but the reason I'm kinda pissy about Villa is because Liverpool already got more Spanish players than English and it's kinda annoying for me in a way although I'll prolly forget about all that if they win the prem lol.

hbk4894

Reaction score
Aston Villa have completed the signing of Wayne Routledge after agreeing to pay Tottenham £1.25million for the winger.

The winger, who had fallen well out of the first-team picture at White Hart Lane, has penned an 18-month contract and becomes Villa boss Martin O'Neill's first signing of the window.

Routledge quickly passed a medical and agreed personal terms at Villa on Wednesday afternoon before signing on the dotted line. O'Neill now hopes to make it a double swoop by landing Spurs midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng after the two clubs agreed a fee of £3.5million.

Switchy

Reaction score
Meh, not a really big signing but Villa kinda got a bargai considering how much players can be bought for nowadays. I can't see Routledge being more than a sub who gets 10 starts a season though with Villa's current team but he is decent backup if somebody gets injured...

phantomgerald

^^Good for 'Pool, good for Spain, bad for England.

Everyone is already criticising that the Prem is too foreign as it is and as much as I would love to see Villa join Liverpool it wouldn't help England. I know I was for Aimar joining 'Pool but the reason I'm kinda pissy about Villa is because Liverpool already got more Spanish players than English and it's kinda annoying for me in a way although I'll prolly forget about all that if they win the prem lol.

England players are so grossly overpriced. Curtis Davies went for 8 million and he's only average. Send you scouts overseas and he can probably find you a player of the same calibre for say5m. It's really too much to spend just so you can have young talent.

Routledge should have stayed at palace and develop. He's going to be a journeyman the rest of his career now.

hbk4894

Reaction score
1540: WORK PERMIT LATEST
A member of staff at Middlesbrough confirms to the BBC that Brazilian Afonso Alves has been granted a work permit - however, there are still details to be worked through before his deal from Dutch side Heerenveen is completed.
1605: News breaking, as Fabio Capello names his first England squad. David Beckham is obviously out, but the other 30 names are not a massive surprise. Paul Robinson and Robert Green miss out, there's no place for Phil Neville and Alan Smith is left out in the cold, too.
1618: My colleague Jez informs me that his boys Swindon have been linked with a move for Reading striker Simon Cox. Stay with us lower division fans, we're not going to ignore you this evening, no way.
1621: Now this is news (sorry Fletch). Tottenham and Portsmouth have reportedly agreed a fee for England striker Jermain Defoe. What sort of chain is that going to set off I wonder...
1635: Breaking non-news from my esteemed colleague Saj Chowdhury, who will hopefully be entertaining me throughout a long evening: "Palermo have told BBC Sport that their Brazilian striker Amauri will remain with the club despite reports of a £15m bid from Chelsea."
1650: A decent Championship transfer is confirmed, with Stoke captain John Eustace, 28, joining Watford - who are only two points ahead of the Potters - for £250,000.
2102: Manchester City say the Ishmael Miller deal will rise to £1.5m. A transfer AND a fee - I feel like I've been spoilt.
2106: RANGERS in/FULHAM out
Northern Ireland midfielder Steven Davis has signed for SPL leaders Rangers on loan until the end of the season. That's the best I can do.
2129: BREAKING NEWS
My colleague informs me that Benjani is on his way from Portsmouth up to Manchester, presumably for talks/a medical with City ahead of his possible transfer. Now if that doesn't get the old juices flowing, I don't know what would.
2134: Czech international midfielder Jiri Jarosik has left Scottish champions Celtic to join Russian side FC Samara on a two-year-deal. He used to play for Chelsea and Birmingham, too. Ho hum.
2139: "My mate is Dennis Wise's nephew... he told me that Newcastle are planning a shock £9m move for David Bentley and that they will offer him a contract that is too good to turn down - believable?"
taylor4452 on 606
2141: FULHAM in/TOTTENHAM out
I just nearly fainted. Brilliantly, we've got a transfer between two Premier League clubs - Canadian defender Paul Stalteri, 30, who has played just seven times for Spurs this season, moves to Craven Cottage on loan until the end of the season. Now just watch us go!
2204: BREAKING NEWS -
TOTTENHAM in/HERTHA BERLIN out
What an about turn this is from the club of all clubs on a day like today. After the German outfit earlier said Gilberto had failed his second medical at Spurs, Juande Ramos' side have after all swooped to sign the Brazilian left-back.

hbk4894

Reaction score
1333: Half-time Man City 1-2 Arsenal
An ambitious effort from Elano flies over the Arsenal goal and Petrov shoots wide. Sven has some talking to do if his team are to preserve their unbeaten record at home.
1330: I'm not an Arsenal fan but I have to say they are cracking to watch. They way they have caressed the ball from one end of the field to the other is just great. Adebayor heads goalwards but City clear.
1325: William Gallas drills a shot wide of the post that Eduardo just fails to connect with as it flies across goal. Had Eduardo made contact it would have been headache O'Clock (but 3-1 and game over).
1317: Fernandes, apparently, can speak five languages. Goal, gol etc

Joe Hart makes a decent save from an Adebayor header.
1314: GOAL Man City 1-2 Arsenal
Gael Clichy is caught in possession close to his byeline by Vedran Corluka, who runs into the Arsenal and knocks the ball to Gelson Fernandes, who slots home into the bottom corner.
1312: GOAL Man City 0-2 Arsenal Eduardo doubles his team's advantage with a spectacular over-the-shoulder volley after a knock-down header from Adebayor. A top, top finish with a whiff of offside.
1311: Hold on, Petrov beats one, beats two, runs into the box then overruns the ball.
Martin Petrov's ability to affect the game is being hampered by Bacary Sagna's forays forward.
1304: Sven is off his seat and striding purposefully into his technical area. The Swede actually looks a little frustrated and angry. A touch passionate even.

William Gallas is crunched by Daniel Sturridge. Cue Platoon style screams.

1301: "City's form has taken an alarming dip, their momentum from the good start they had is gone completely."
Sebwinder on 606
Join the debate on 606

Hold on a minute, I thought this was the season when Sven rebuilt his tattered reputation.

1300: The goal is Adebayor's 17th of the season in the Premier League. He is now two behind a certain Ronaldo.

1255: GOAL Man City 0-1 Arsenal

Arsenal score with just about their first attack of the game, Bacary Sagna using his speed to burst into the City box before pulling the ball back for in-form striker Emmanuel Adebayor to slot home from six yards. There is a touch of fortune about the goal as Adebayor's low shot is partially blocked but not enough to prevent the ball from rolling over the line.

1254: Elano plays a cracking ball through that Stephen Ireland chases down. Any touch at all from Ireland and the advancing Jens Lehmann would be all at sea. As it happens, the ball bounces soothingly into the keeper's arms.

1250: Cermo 15, I can happily inform you that Match of the Day is on BBC One at 2230 GMT. It is also streamed on the website, UK users only.
Join the debate on 606

I cannot see a single balloon at City.

1248: City have drawn their last three home fixtures in the Premier League. I think they would probably settle to extend that to four today. Not exactly an all-out attacking start to the match.

hbk4894

Reaction score
1507: Freddie Ljungberg goes close for West Ham from 15 yards but he cannot find a way past Chris Kirkland.

1509: Derby are still looking for their first win in 13 games under Paul Jewell.

Wes Brown has a half decent chance for Man Utd but drills the ball over from 20 yards. Stick to defending

Joe Cole shoots wide for Chelsea from 20 yards.
1514: Petr Cech, who looks like he could be ready for some Six Nations action with his now trademark skullcap on, makes a decent save from recent Portsmouth signing Lassana Diarra.
1516: Man Utd's Owen Hargreaves makes an excellent clearance from Dimitar Berbatov's low drilled cross. He could have so easily stuck the ball in his own net.
1520: Robbie Savage is, unsurprisingly, being booed every touch on his return to Birmingham. Not that Derby have had much of the ball, Blues have created all the openings so far.
1521: GOAL Tottenham 1-0 Man Utd
Dimitar Berbatov puts Tottenham into the lead. The Berb strokes the ball home from six yards after Edwin van der Sar can only divert Aaron Lennon's low cross into his path.
1524: PENALTY SAVED
Matt Taylor takes the penalty for Bolton, striking the ball to Marcus Hahnemann's left but the USA keeper makes a good save. The penalty was awarded after Gretar Steinsson was brought down by Marek Matejovsky.

1523: PENALTY
Bolton have a penalty.
1529: Everton go close twice - Brad Friedel saved from Mikel Arteta and from the resulting corner Leon Osman shoots just wide.
1534: GOAL Reading 0-1 Bolton
Former BBC website columnist Kevin Nolan slots home after Kevin Davies picks him out completely unmarked 10 yards from goal.
1537: Portsmouth's Noe Pamarot hits the Chelsea post with a header from a corner. The incident comes seconds after Pompey have a string penalty shout for a handball by Juliano Belletti turned down.

Chelsea earlier when closer when a header from Michael Ballack was cleared off the line by Niko Kranjcar.
1541: Emmerson Boyce should score for Wigan from five yards but he fails to hit the target.

Blackburn's David Dunn deliberately handles shortly after he is booked and is lucky to remain on the field.
1545: Tom Huddlestone hits the wall with a free-kick for Spurs. He is a big unit and would have done more damage by just running into it.
1546: Everton's Phil Jagielka clears off the line from David Dunn, who as we have already established is lucky to be on the field.
1547: Nicolas Anelka is through for Chelsea and tries to steer the ball past David James from a slightly acute angle but the Pompey stopper saves. Ashley Coles misses in a big way with the rebound.
1549: GOAL Wigan 1-0 West Ham
Kevin Kilbane puts the Latics ahead with a brilliant looping header from a tight angle. You don't save those. Boss Steve Bruce pumps his fists in delight.
1604: Everton keeper Tim Howard makes a good save from David Bentley. Manuel Fernandes is then denied by Friedel's legs.

Man Utd Utd bring Michael Carrick on for Hargreaves.
1609: An apology. With reference to 1546, it should have read that Dunn cleared off the line from Jagielka. A cup of tea is badly needed.
1610: A good chance for Milan Baros but the Pompey striker opts for placement from 12 yards and his tame effort is easily saved.

Danny Guthrie clears off the line for Bolton.
1613: Derby go close to scoring at Birmingham (we're getting closer to a goal at least) as Kenny Miller hits the post with a curling strike.
1614: Ashley Cole comes close to scoring (steady), but Pompey defender Hermann Hreidarsson clears his effort as it dribbles to goal.
1617: Robert Green saves from Wigan's Michael Brown. The battles of the colours, some might say.

1617: GOAL Portsmouth 0-1 Chelsea

A lightning quick break from Chelsea sees Nicolas Anelka give them the lead. The Frenchman calmly slots the ball past James from eight yards.
1617: GOAL Reading 0-2 Bolton
Heidar Helguson is one-on-one with the keeper after beating the Reading back-line, who were expecting an offside shout. The flag stays down, the goal comes against the run of play, Reading are in deep trouble.
1621: Everton's Fernandes hits the post with a superb free-kick from 25 yards.
1624: Bolton, it seems, are well on their way to their first Premier League away win of the season but the problems are mounting for Reading, who are looking at their sixth straight Premier League defeat.
1654: GOAL Tottenham 1-1 Man Utd
Very, very late doors. So late Van der Sar is up for the corner from which Carlos Tevez volleys home Nani's corner at the near post. Not really a deserved point for United but, nonetheless, Arsenal remain top of the Premier League.

1651: David James makes a great save at Portsmouth.

1651: Derby's Giles Barnes has a decent chance and forces a save from Maik Taylor. Remember, the Rams have not won under Paul Jewell.

1648: GOAL Birmingham 1-1 Derby
Emanuel Villa equalises for Derby with a header that goes in off the post from Dean Leacock's cross. It is his first goal for the club.

1646: Wayne Rooney is booked for diving and will miss next week's Manchester derby. A similar fate befell City's Elano earlier in the day.

1644: DISALLOWED Blackburn 0-0 Everton
Andy Johnson had the ball in the net for Everton but the goal was ruled out for offside. A very, very late and somewhat dubious decision.

1644: GOAL Blackburn 0-1 Everton

1640: An excellent chance for Defoe to put Pompey in front after he is played through by Arnold Mvuemba but the striker drills the ball wide.

Then Shaun Wright-Phillips has a good chance for Chelsea but he loops the ball beyond the advancing James and wide.

1637: Everton have been the better side at Blackburn but Toffees keeper Howard has had to make a couple of decent saves - this time denying David Bentley with a free-kick.

1636: Radek Cerny makes a decent save from Anderson to prevent Man Utd from equalising. What was that I was saying?

1632: Roughly 20 minutes left at White Hart Lane and Tottenham are well on top. As things stand, they very much deserve three points. It would be their first win in 15 attempts in all competitions against Man Utd.

1628: How greedy is Wigan's Antonio Valencia? He hits the woodwork not once, but twice with a brilliant strike from fully 25-yards.

1627: GOAL Birmingham 1-0 Derby
Short of goals? Don't worry, Derby will eventually concede. Sebastian Larsson gets his head to a cross at the far post and as the ball drops he slots home.

1626: GOAL Portsmouth 1-1 Chelsea
Jermain Defoe scores on his debut for Pompey with a composed finish. Chelsea's defence step out to play offside but right-back Belletti fails to go with them and consequently Defoe is clean through and on-side from Baros's flick-on.

Vincent

Reaction score
:D England Win against the Swiss wasn't by all means a vast step forward but you can see the improvement and except from a few hiccups the team played amazingly well together a good win and we can only expect more from them.

ENGLAND RULE!!!!! Plus i would like to add that i thourght england did play abit sloppy but what a great manager we have! all that is left to do is for chelsea to win the premiership this year!

phantomgerald

Where was the radical change expected from a new manager? He went back to using James, who have proven to be unreliable. I would have at least expected Green, who's the best keeper based on form, to get a full cap.