• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
i think lippi is as favourite or even more so than mourinho.Mourinho's volatile temper might rule him out of the england job.If mourinho was to get the job,he would probably get into conflicts with wenger,ferguson and benitez as to player selection especially for friendlies.Lippi is more of the sven goran ericksson mould with more passion and a proven track record at international football as a world cup winner

phantomgerald

Mourinho knows the English players, Lippi don't. There might be a communication barrier for Lippi, and Mourinho looks more likely to light the fire under the players' asses.

And yeah there's no rush but I don't want a stupid interview policy. Just go and get Mourinho.

hbk4894

Reaction score
Sunderland boss Roy Keane has slammed England's players following their failure to qualify for Euro 2008.

Croatia secured a deserved 3-2 victory at Wembley on Wednesday evening, ensuring England miss out on next summer's finals in Austria and Switzerland.

Steve McClaren has since been sacked as England boss, however Keane feels the blame does not entirely lie with the manager.

The former Manchester United captain believes the squad is made up of too many egos, and is adamant that the players should step-up and take some of the heavy criticism.

"They certainly have the heart and the passion, but that only gets you so far," he said.

"Technically you have got to be able to handle the ball. These top countries who are constantly qualifying and winning tournaments have that.

Big heads

"Having said that and if you look at some of the England players, they're ******* good players.

"But certainly if you look at some of the England players and the England set-up, and to be from the outside looking in - just my opinion - there are too many egos in there, too many big heads.

"If you get carried away with any little bit of success, then you're in trouble.

"I look at the England set-up and they don't look a happy bunch, and their body language sometimes isn't great. As good as they are players; good players don't make good teams.

"Steve McClaren lost his job because he did not qualify, and that is fair enough. But the players have got to take responsibility for their own actions.

"I don't think international football is that important to a lot of the players these days. Club football has taken over."

Grassroots debate

There is ongoing debate as to whether England's failings relate to the lack of talent emerging at youth level.

Keane feels the correct measures are now in place, but admits the results of the system are unlikely to surface for 'many, many years'.

"To be fair to the English FA, from the one or two courses I have been on, I think they are working hard on that," he added.

"But you might not see the results of that for many, many years to come. We always talk about patience in football, but with the English national team - people don't have that patience."

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
my vote goes for Lippi, he proved he can be successful leading a national team and Mourinho with all the respect is not the most loved person on earth

the dark knight

we need someone who's proved himself before in something. so fuck shearer...

Wrestling Station

I think Kevin Keegan would be ok. Not sure if he will be as bad as what he was before >_>

I think most English Managers suck these days. Why not try a Brazilian Manager? lol imo, England do lack in Managers and Goalkeeping! thats a fact.

phantomgerald

Foreigner yes, Brazilian no. Other than Scolari all Brazilians are shit. Mourinho for manager!!!

Wrestling God

Reaction score
all the big names are saying they don't want the job, Harry Redknapp would be a good choice, he is a great man manager and wouldn't take and BS.

the dark knight

^^hey, wtf was wrong with newcastle today? the lads looked like they're in a training session.

i cant fucking believe how torres missed all those chances :mad:

Wrestling God

Reaction score
It should have been about 9 or 10 - 0 today it was a fucking shit big sam got it all wrong, the players could not even do the basics. Torres should have had 5 or 6 today.

the dark knight

yea im surprised...once again, liverpool's players are freaking lazy as shit and have 0 passion and hunger to win the game.

the only player who tried to pull effort tonight was gerrard.

:gun_rifle: rafa